Movie Fantastic Four and Avengers Force Sub...

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Movie Fantastic Four and Avengers Force Sub...

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Scenario 1: What would happen if the Movie Fantastic Four replaced the Avengers in the Chitauri invasion?
How would they fare?

Scenario 2:
Movie Avengers replace the FF in the first movie against Doctor Doom;

Movie Avengers replace the FF in their first encounter with Silver Surfer...

How do our two groups react?
Is the outcome better in either cases, or worst, and why?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Movie Fantastic Four and Avengers Force Sub...

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Ok, seems like people read, but don't want to comment, so I will... :)

Scenario 1:
I think they would fare worse, at least in the initial battle, for while Reed might find a way to close the portal without needing Loki's Scepter, the Chitauri will carve through the FF easily enough...

Johnny, while as maneuverable and efficient offensively as IM, will go down as soon as he gets hit for lack of durability the armor gives IM...

Susan's force fields will allow her to resist the ground Chitauri attacks for a while, but eventually fatigue will make itself felt, and she will become prey to the enemy weapons...

Reed's body will allow him to take more punishment, but his lack of offense will sorely impede the FF's efforts in the matter...

The only one who will be able to hold his own, at least for a while, is Ben Grimm...
His hide is tough enough to resist falls from very high places, high kinetic impacts, and penetration by Doom's blasts, blasts powerful enough to blow up cars, blasts which only knock Ben down and stun him for a while...
The lighter Chitauri weapons will be an annoyance, and nothing more...
His strength is show to be on par with Avengers' Hulk, as when he pulls the fire truck back from the bridge's edge, slowed down only by the decaying asphalt, or when he throws an SUV in the air for at least 40-50 feet, at Doom and with enough force to shove a city bus aside more than 30 feet from the impact alone (with more force than Thor when he threw the car at the Chitauri in Avengers)...
Still, he eventually goes down hard when the Chitauri Chariots open up on him, as he is slightly sub-par to Hulk in durability, and is the only one who can even affect the enemy worthwhile...

Scenario 2:
The Avengers take Doom down, hard...

Thor will not even feel Doom's electric blasts, and Hulk will recover quite fast, while in combat, Doom will be facing two heavy hitters on par with him, and since Ben's punches did affect him, imagine twice the amount of punishment, plus both opponents, while no stronger than Ben, did display greater durability...
IM will be able to attack physically and from a distance, and Doom's blasts will only overcharge him, so more Dakka against Doom...
Cap, Haweye and Balck Widow will just ensure no civilians are harmed, and can even block a few stray blasts from Doom with his shield while the other three pummel in into submission...

As for the meeting with SS, I haven't seen the movie in a while, so I can't really tell, but I'm willing to bet the Avengers win this one as well... :)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:37 pm

I read.

What's the cheato'ri ?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:53 pm

The Chitauri...

The cheato'ri is different... :)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Fighting to suppress free will?
Did they fail at philosophy or something?