Worf versus the Doctor

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:44 pm

In fact, I'm not going to bother anymore, GStone, you're too much of an idiot for me to continue debating this with you. You can't allow for the slightest clue that Trek would lose any direct engagement, and that does not seem to have changed since the days of STrek-v-SWars. Even against the bloody Culture.

I'll accept your concession on the basis that you're being ridiculous and obviously just picking at straws which aren't there. Good day.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:50 am

Fine, then I'll have my final say in the matter towards you. They both said to the death. That's what they agreed upon. The Doctor stopped it before it got that far, hit the thing and the guy fell. That is when it ended.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:56 am

I would simply point out that the doctor is stated to be able to perceive the past and all possible futures. That pretty much won it for me going to the Doctor. They have better stamina than a human (which we've seen knocking Klingon's around) and in general appear to be able to handle damage significantly better

On another note: In the fight in question, the doctor DOES impale his opponent and at no point was the battle stated to be the death, the battle is stated to be, 'for the planet.' The doctor changes this at the end of the battle offering to spare the mans life in exchange his species will never return to earth, ever again.

That said, Narsil, calm down.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:12 am

GStone wrote:Fine, then I'll have my final say in the matter towards you. They both said to the death. That's what they agreed upon. The Doctor stopped it before it got that far, hit the thing and the guy fell. That is when it ended.
You're a damn liar, GStone. The fight was 'for the planet', not 'to the death', and the Doctor had won before the satsuma incident, that the alien decided to waste his chance at living was seperate to actually winning the fight.

Here, proof

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:53 pm

Not a liar, a misrememberer.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:10 pm

Here, proof
After seeing the fight, I still favor Worf, and I do think a Bat'leth wielding warrior would beat the wielder of a the Doctor's broadsword.

I don't know much about the Doctor's other incarnations, but the 10th one doesn't really impress me.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:29 pm

GStone wrote:Not a liar, a misrememberer.
And your complete refusal to acknowledge that you were wrong about the scene even after being told multiple times? As well as stating, outright, that having a sword up to a helpless person's neck didn't count as having won.
After seeing the fight, I still favor Worf, and I do think a Bat'leth wielding warrior would beat the wielder of a the Doctor's broadsword.
Right, let's have a look at the advantages of the two weapons;

Broadsword has reach, more ergonomic design, and that basic design has been favoured by practically every weapons' master in every culture in every country for the past several thousand years.

The Bat'leth is a double-bladed weapon with the basic reach of a dagger and poor handgrips, at that.
I don't know much about the Doctor's other incarnations, but the 10th one doesn't really impress me.
There are other abilities displayed throughout the series that would also tip the balance.

The Doctor can psionically render someone unconscious with just a single quick touch to the forehead. (Battlefield, Survival, Fear Her and the Shakespeare Code.) The Doctor can also slow down time to a brief extent. (The End of the World.) He has also shown on numerous occasions that he has the power of hypnotic mind control. (Battlefield being the most recent.)

Oh, and not to mention various instances of telekinesis, personal levitation and telepathy.

And also, if the Doctor dies, he doesn't actually - y'know - die. It's very, very, very hard to keep the Time Lord down.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:30 pm

Well, since you have changed you mind about giving up.
Narsil wrote:
GStone wrote:Not a liar, a misrememberer.
And your complete refusal to acknowledge that you were wrong about the scene even after being told multiple times?
I only misremembered when they said 'for the planet'. It's been a couple years since I saw the episode.
As well as stating, outright, that having a sword up to a helpless person's neck didn't count as having won.
That does not mean the fight is over. All he did was give the bloke a chance to stop the fight with his life. If he said no and the Doctor thrust his sword through him, that would mean the fight is over. Given that the Doctor still had to hit the thing to disconnect part of the ship to stop him from attacking, the fight was not over when the Doctor gave him the option.

It was 'we can stop, if you leave and never come back or I'll kill you'.
Right, let's have a look at the advantages of the two weapons;

Broadsword has reach, more ergonomic design, and that basic design has been favoured by practically every weapons' master in every culture in every country for the past several thousand years.

The Bat'leth is a double-bladed weapon with the basic reach of a dagger and poor handgrips, at that.
What it also has is the capacity of being held with one arm without worry of the user getting cut when it's used for blocking strikes, while it's being held this way.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:13 pm

You don't even address my points, you confuse the issue and meander around them, or in certain cases you clearly ignore them or lie about them.

Address the following;
-Doctor's incredible strength
-His capacity to regenerate
-His swordfighting experience in his third incarnation
-More of his swordfighting experience in his third incarnation
-His martial arts experience
-More of his martial arts experience
-His psychic powers

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:46 pm

Well as for 'who' won, didn't that alien thing tell Rose he'd lose if anyone interfered?

And than she threw the Doctor another sword after the alien thing had disarmed (and hand) the Doctor?

Seems like the alien thing really won, he could have killed the Doctor if Rose hadn't interfered.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:06 pm

The first two of your links there must be confused with others, Narsil. All they show is the Doctor going from one regeration to the next, with no signs of him displaying great physical strength, just regenerations. Now the Doctor's regeneration thing is nice to have, but it does not confer apon him a victory. It just means that he can come back (in an altered form), but he still lost the fight, and it also presumes that Worf just sits there and does absolutely nothing during the couple minutes or more of time it takes the Doctor to regenerate (does the Doctor still regenerate if Worf cuts his head off, or chops him up into chunky salsa?).

By the way, a few for Worf here, since you seem so interested in misrepresenting him:

Worf waits for a Weyon to get too close and instantly snaps his neck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25kUl2kEx7M

Worf starts fighting Jem'Hadar after Jem'Hadar...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzk7KHV5ZmI

Worf lifting a human male straight up off the ground:

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/display ... 24&pos=457

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/display ... 24&pos=458

... and tosses him like a rag doll:

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/display ... 24&pos=459

Also let us not forget Worf has on occasion fought and defeated many fellow Klingons, like in "Way of the Warrior":

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/display ... 06&pos=555

Note the entire sequence there where Worf, after immediately dispatching an opponent in front of him, does not need to look behind him to know that another is coming up behind him, and still skillfully dispatches him.

So whether or not you think Worf would win, at least give him the benefit of the doubt, as he has been shown taking on and defeating plenty of "redshirt" type enemies as your examples of the Doctor show him doing.
-Mike

Cpl Kendall
Jedi Knight

Post by Cpl Kendall » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:11 pm

The first link shows the Doctor shoving a steel morgue door of it's hinges near the end.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:11 pm

Narsil wrote:
You're a damn liar, GStone. The fight was 'for the planet', not 'to the death', and the Doctor had won before the satsuma incident, that the alien decided to waste his chance at living was seperate to actually winning the fight.
Watch where you throw them stones, buddy. You were just as guilty of "misremebering" details about Doctor Who's capabilites on Strek and ST-v-SW.Net, as I recall. Namely overexaggerating the new Daleks' capabilities. So at least give GStone some leeway here, Narsil.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:21 pm

Cpl Kendall wrote:The first link shows the Doctor shoving a steel morgue door of it's hinges near the end.
Isn't it funny how the Doctor has never shown these abilities before or really since, even in extreme crisis where they would be needed the most?
-Mike

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:46 pm

(does the Doctor still regenerate if Worf cuts his head off, or chops him up into chunky salsa?).
Yes, actually.