Ultramarines Librarian VS Jedi Master

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Cpl Kendall
Jedi Knight

Ultramarines Librarian VS Jedi Master

Post by Cpl Kendall » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:58 pm

One Ultramarine Librarian versus a Jedi Master that fought in the Clone Wars. So that assumes they both have similar combat experiance. The combat area is the arena on Geonosis and they must fight to the death. The Jedi Master has his light saber and the Librarian has his standard force weapon. For the sake of this combat we'll assume that the light saber can't cut through the Librarians weapon as it channels the Psykers energy.

Who takes it?

We all know the capabilities of the Jedi but here's some info on Librarians and their Force Weapons.

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:03 pm

Well from what I've heard the Librarian is way stronger psychically, as well as physically faster, stronger, and tougher than a Jedi.

Also a Librarian should have way more experience than a Jedi, and don't forget that the power armor will block alot of those lightsaber strikes.

And the Librarians weapon is probally twice as long as the Jedi's, and since the Librarian is 9-10' tall, he's going to have a HUGE reach advantage.

So there's really no way for the Jedi to even have a chance to win this.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:54 pm

Hmmm, are we talking a highly gifted and skilled Jedi (or Sith) ala Anakin, Yoda, or Palpatine? Or is this a regular, run-of-the-mill Jedi versus the Librarian?
-Mike

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:00 am

It doesn't make any difference.

The action is; Jedi dies painfully because Warhammer 40,000 is a wanked-out irritating piece of shit when it comes to ground combat. That's all she wrote.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:14 am

It makes a difference, though, on how long the battle lasts, and if the jedi gets a slight chance of actually winning the fight. Unlike Jedi, only a few Librarians actually have prescience (Grand Master Ezekiel, wasn't it?). A Jedi who is smart can use their prescience to good tactical advantage. Yoda, Dooku, and Palpatine's Force-based telekinesis actually approaches a level that can make them a threat to your average Librarian, though against Chief Librarians, especially a Grand Master, they likely have no chance whatsoever.

To sum up:

It comes down to no chance and a quick death for an average Jedi (Sith) versus a protracted one and a slight chance for a high-midiclorian count master.
-Mike

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:56 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Unlike Jedi, only a few Librarians actually have prescience (Grand Master Ezekiel, wasn't it?).
Precog is only useful if you're fast enough to react, and since a Librarian is a Space Marine... he won't.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:41 pm

Omniback wrote:
Precog is only useful if you're fast enough to react, and since a Librarian is a Space Marine... he won't.
Add to that the fact that Precog isn't perfect, and that in all the movies, we've rarely seen any Jedi deflect attacks he couldn't see (except for Yoda in ROTS).
Luke was tied up by Boba's grappling hook and got his hand blasted in ROTJ, Obi-Wan got his hands tied up in AoTC, a Jedi Master was blasted in the back in ROTS, and another one was shot by Jango in AotC.

Once again, I don't know much about WarHammer characters, but since I know Jedi aren't the best fighters out there, I don't think anybody would have a chance, except perhaps Yoda or Palpatine.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:26 pm

Which is why I brought up Jedi and Sith masters like Palpatine and Yoda of course....
-Mike

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:58 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:Which is why I brought up Jedi and Sith masters like Palpatine and Yoda of course....
-Mike
The average Librarian is going to have centuries under his belt, which is (I think) more than Palp has, so the Sith don't even have anyone that can defeat a Librarian AND match it in experience!

So that assumes they both have similar combat experiance.

So the only one the Jedi have that can match a Librarian in experience and even have a CHANCE of winning is Yoda...

And even than, Yoda only has a chance if the Librarian isn't wearing armor...

Also that Force Sword (weapon), would probably destroy the lightsaber.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Well, Yoda for one does have centuries of experiance under his belt, so that issue is laid to rest. As for how old Palpatine/Sidious is, that's another question, but he is at least over 60 years of age, and possibly can sustain his life longer than normal using some of Darth Palgueis' secrets at life creation.
-Mike.

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:55 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:Well, Yoda for one does have centuries of experiance under his belt, so that issue is laid to rest.
What issue?

I just said that exact same thing, and the point is that the average Librarian has the same experience as a master Jedi.

More even when you consider the life style a Space Marine lives.

Daily Rituals of a Space Marine

And that's when they aren't in the middle of a war 24/7 for weeks/months against things a Jedi/Sith couldn't even imagine.

Their entire life is spent gaining experience, the same can't be said for a Jedi/Sith.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:31 pm

Good grief! I know all that. My point is that a Jedi Master could make for at least a protracted fight here. Don't go overboard.
-Mike

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:08 am

Still its sad that you even need a master Jedi to even have a chance at having a chance at lasting more than a 30 seconds against an average Librarian.