Worf versus Drizzt

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Narsil
Jedi Knight

Worf versus Drizzt

Post by Narsil » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:10 am

Yes, let's bring this kettle of fish up again. Which swordsman is superior, armed with the weapons of their choice and pitted up against each other in the following two scenarios:

Scenario One:

Drizzt and Worf are both armed with normal versions of their weapons (two scimitars for Drizzt, a bat'leth for Worf), and both are given matching types of armour; both types made out of mithral. Other than the mithral - which isn't really magical to begin with, but there you go - no magic or magical items are allowed.

Scenario Two:

Same as the first, but Drizzt is allowed to use his full range of personal abilities. Anything he can achieve without the reliance of prebuilt magical items, in short, such as his innate drowish magic. (Plunging the area into darkness and his infamous faerie fire.) Worf, to balance it out, is allowed a bit of backup from William Riker.

Both scenarios take place right in the middle of a bunch of caves, and it's got a neutral-level lighting - bright enough for Worf to be able to see but not bright enough so that Drizzt's blinded.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:32 pm

Both scenarios see Worf get killed the Toril's best swordsman...

The second scenario is so much a curbstomp, it's not even funny... :)

A better competition would be Worf vs Wulfgar... Now that, i'd like to see (my money's on Wulfgar, but only because he's been trained by Drizzt and Brunor...)

Cpl Kendall
Jedi Knight

Post by Cpl Kendall » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:36 pm

I don't know anything about Drizzt but he's got swords that are better designed with longer reach than Worf's. Ergo, he wins.