Worf VS A Battle Brother

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Cpl Kendall
Jedi Knight

Worf VS A Battle Brother

Post by Cpl Kendall » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:39 pm

To continue my rape of the Star Trek universe I prsent you my latest creation: Worf VS WH40K Space Marine (which I vaguely recall being a topic on one of the now defunct VS boards).

To make this interesting we'll present a variety of different situations:

1) Worf VS standard Space Marine in a bar fight. Weapons: only what they can find around them and the Marine has no armour (not that a Marine would ever be in a bar in the first place but what the smeg, it's my OP).

2) Worf VS standard Space Marine in holodeck training program similar to what we see him usually practice in. Worf gets his Bat'leth and Space Marine gets a Chain Sword and robe.

I assume your all familiar with Worf, info on Space Marines can be found here and here. The info on Marine enhancements and training is the most pertinant.

Both fights are to the death or incapacitation which ever comes first.
Last edited by Cpl Kendall on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:54 pm

The marine crushes Worf's head with one hand!

Seriously, what did you think would happen?

Worf's at best 3x human strength and a little tougher than a human.

Space Marines are 9ft tall monsters with decades, centuries, and millennia of 24/7 combat experience.

Even without the power armor, they have armor under their skin which can take modern assault rifles, nigh unbreakable bones, a solid rib box (all ribs have been overlapped and nigh unbreakable), and many redundant organs, also their blood clots almost as soon as it touches air.

What were you thinking?

EDIT

And the chainsword is almost as long as Worf is tall, it will not only slice through Worf but also through his Bat'leth as if it were air.

Cpl Kendall
Jedi Knight

Post by Cpl Kendall » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:13 pm

I know exactly what will happen, I'm interested in the variety of responses we get. I seem to recall some pretty out there answers on the previous board.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:00 am

Cpl Kendall wrote:I know exactly what will happen, I'm interested in the variety of responses we get. I seem to recall some pretty out there answers on the previous board.
I recall myself quite clearly some of the answers from Big Hairy Mountain Man. Most notably that the Space Marine was nothing more than a glorified body-builder and - armed with a glass bottle - couldn't possibly kill Worf one-on-one. In fact, they argued quite the contrary... Worf - due to having beaten several other genetically enhanced people - would win.

I also recall it quite clearly because I'm the one who made the actual scenario after they couldn't admit that Drizzt Do'Urden could take Worf out one-on-one despite having two hundred years of combat experience under his belt and a pair of swords that were both better-designed.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:30 pm

I don't know a lot about Space Marines, but from what I read of Cpl Kendall's links, Worf is dead... period.

There's no way I can see him win any scenario.

That being said,
Worf's at best 3x human strength and a little tougher than a human.
The day you see a competitor at a "World's Strongest Man" competition lift a 150-160lbs human being with 1 arm fully extended off the ground, hold him there for 3-4 seconds and effortlessely throw him 6-10 feet away (as Worf did on Risa), I'll believe Worf is only 3x human strength.

For the moment, I'll class him at least as 5x.

As for thoughness, he's fought seven consecutive fights against Jem'Hadar soldiers, and the last one with many broken ribs, and was still going on...
I'd say that's though enough... :)

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:13 pm

Praeothmin wrote:(as Worf did on Risa)
See that's the thing he almost never shown to be as strong as we HEAR he is.

Praeothmin wrote:For the moment, I'll class him at least as 5x.
Still nowhere near a Space Marine, an Imperial Guardsmen could probably beat Worf in HtH.
Praeothmin wrote:As for thoughness, he's fought seven consecutive fights against Jem'Hadar soldiers, and the last one with many broken ribs,
That's not really all that impressive, most of the Jem'Hadar were shown to be easily and quickly beaten by Worf (because they sucked and had no experience).
Praeothmin wrote:and was still going on...
A little dishonest here?

He was about to lose the last fight.

Praeothmin wrote:I'd say that's though enough... :)
You'd be wrong.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm

Omniback wrote:
See that's the thing he almost never shown to be as strong as we HEAR he is.
Agreed.
But I'd say that is a problem of all the "super-strong" races in ST, they never act that way.
Tuvok one lifted a man just like Worf did, in Voyager (the episode with the space-tether), and Spock showed us a few times he was stronger then the others, but we rarely see it.
Still nowhere near a Space Marine, an Imperial Guardsmen could probably beat Worf in HtH.
From what little I know of Space Marines, I agree...
That's not really all that impressive, most of the Jem'Hadar were shown to be easily and quickly beaten by Worf (because they sucked and had no experience).
For Jem'Hadar soldiers, but compared to any other soldiers, they were still good.
A little dishonest here?

He was about to lose the last fight.
I never said he was winning, but at the beginning of the fight, he was still capable of standing up, and was more than willing to fight.
You'd be wrong.
The day you do the same, I'll agree... ;)

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:41 pm

Praeothmin wrote:The day you do the same, I'll agree... ;)
???

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Yawn. Honestly, unless Worf finds himself a random phaser pistol somewhere in this bar, he's probably going to lose the fight eventually, especially if he just throws himself at the Space Marine head on.
-Mike

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:59 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:Yawn. Honestly, unless Worf finds himself a random phaser pistol somewhere in this bar, he's probably going to lose the fight eventually, especially if he just throws himself at the Space Marine head on.
-Mike
Eventually?

I'd give him the amount of time it takes for the Marine to give a damn enough to kill him plus the half second it takes for the Space Marine to kill him. About 0.5001 seconds in total, really. Worf hasn't shown any ability to survive his head being ripped off.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:46 pm

Omniback wrote
Praeothmin wrote:
The day you do the same, I'll agree... ;)

???
The day you fight a 7th opponent in 2 days with many broken ribs, perhaps even sprained body parts, with the energy drain these wounds have on your body, then I'll agree that I would be wrong in saying Worf is "Though enough"... :)

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:12 pm

Praeothmin wrote: The day you fight a 7th opponent in 2 days with many broken ribs, perhaps even sprained body parts,
I'd put good odds on me in that situation, Jem'Hadar suck!

As for RL, I'd be tough, but it's really not that impressive it's 3 fights a day with only moderate wounds.
Praeothmin wrote:I would be wrong in saying Worf is "Though enough"... :)
But that's it, Worf is tougher (stamina, endurance, etc.) than your 'average schlub' but not tougher than say a harden/desperate adrenaline jacked fighter/soldier.

Worf's NO WHERE NEAR as tough as a Space Marine, who fight with missing eyes, arms/legs, majority of their bones shattered, teeth shattered, punctured lung/heart, damaged spine, bullets to the head, slit throat, etc.

And they can fight like that for days, most marines fight for weeks/months 24/7 with no sleep while receiving these wounds, next to that Worf is about as tough as a wet fart.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:43 am

OmniBack wrote:
I'd put good odds on me in that situation, Jem'Hadar suck!

As for RL, I'd be tough, but it's really not that impressive it's 3 fights a day with only moderate wounds.
You'll pardon my lack of faith in your ability to beat the Jem'Hadar.
Worf is one of the best Hand-to-Hand combattants in the ST universe.
Sure, when looking at the show, they fight like idiots, but the problem is, if you lived in the st universe, you'd've been trained by them, so you would be a crappy fighter too... :)
Worf's NO WHERE NEAR as tough as a Space Marine, who fight with missing eyes, arms/legs, majority of their bones shattered, teeth shattered, punctured lung/heart, damaged spine, bullets to the head, slit throat, etc.
And that is why, in my very first post in this thread, I said:
I don't know a lot about Space Marines, but from what I read of Cpl Kendall's links, Worf is dead... period.
So why are we even argueing? :)

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:32 am

Praeothmin wrote:Sure, when looking at the show, they fight like idiots, but the problem is, if you lived in the st universe, you'd've been trained by them, so you would be a crappy fighter too... :)
Hopefully I'd get character shields... :)
Praeothmin wrote:And that is why, in my very first post in this thread, I said:
Hey I'm just showing you what Worf is up against.
Praeothmin wrote:So why are we even argueing? :)
Like I said I'm just filling things in.
Last edited by OmniBack on Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:59 pm

OmniBack wrote:
Hopefully I'd get character shields... :)
Hopefully... :)