What is Arkanoid's back story?

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Lucky
Jedi Master

What is Arkanoid's back story?

Post by Lucky » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:41 am

In the video game Arkanoid you are flying around in some sort of ship, and destroying what look like packing crates, but why are you doing that?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: What is Arkanoid's back story?

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Lucky wrote:In the video game Arkanoid you are flying around in some sort of ship, and destroying what look like packing crates, but why are you doing that?
The plot is less elaborate than Tetris' one.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:43 am

Lucky wrote:In the video game Arkanoid you are flying around in some sort of ship, and destroying what look like packing crates, but why are you doing that?
Mr. Oragahn wrote: The plot is less elaborate than Tetris' one.
So in Tetris you are in some sort of spaceship fighting something for some reason?

I know there is a plot to Arkanoid. Does anyone know what it is, or have any idea where I can find the information?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:54 am

Lucky wrote:
So in Tetris you are in some sort of spaceship fighting something for some reason?
It's very abstract.
Heck, Asteroids' plot is even more complex. At some point there even was a movie to be made out of it.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:57 am

Lucky wrote:

I know there is a plot to Arkanoid. Does anyone know what it is, or have any idea where I can find the information?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkanoid
wikipedia wrote:The game opens with a monologue stating the following:
arkanoid wrote:"THE TIME AND ERA OF THIS STORY IS UNKNOWN. AFTER THE MOTHERSHIP "ARKANOID" WAS DESTROYED, A SPACECRAFT "VAUS" SCRAMBLED AWAY FROM IT. BUT ONLY TO BE TRAPPED IN SPACE WARPED BY SOMEONE........"
A second monologue is at the end of the game, after destroying the "dimension-controlling fort" that looks like a red wire-frame Moai.
arkanoid wrote:DIMENSION-CONTROLLING FORT "DOH" HAS NOW BEEN DEMOLISHED, AND TIME STARTED FLOWING REVERSELY. "VAUS" MANAGED TO ESCAPE FROM THE DISTORTED SPACE. BUT THE REAL VOYAGE OF "ARKANOID" IN THE GALAXY HAS ONLY STARTED......"
as far as i know, that's all the story you get, and it clearly sucks ass.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:00 pm

mojo wrote:
Lucky wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkanoid
wikipedia wrote:The game opens with a monologue stating the following:
arkanoid wrote:"THE TIME AND ERA OF THIS STORY IS UNKNOWN. AFTER THE MOTHERSHIP "ARKANOID" WAS DESTROYED, A SPACECRAFT "VAUS" SCRAMBLED AWAY FROM IT. BUT ONLY TO BE TRAPPED IN SPACE WARPED BY SOMEONE........"
A second monologue is at the end of the game, after destroying the "dimension-controlling fort" that looks like a red wire-frame Moai.
arkanoid wrote:DIMENSION-CONTROLLING FORT "DOH" HAS NOW BEEN DEMOLISHED, AND TIME STARTED FLOWING REVERSELY. "VAUS" MANAGED TO ESCAPE FROM THE DISTORTED SPACE. BUT THE REAL VOYAGE OF "ARKANOID" IN THE GALAXY HAS ONLY STARTED......"
as far as i know, that's all the story you get, and it clearly sucks ass.
It's interesting because there's no reason to believe that space here means the vacuum through which planets drift.
The whole plot is quite abstract. It's complete BS. I have to write a movie on it.