D&D Mayhem

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: D&D Mayhem

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu May 17, 2012 4:31 am

That reminds me of what killer DMs did to players in 1st addition AD&D with area effect spells, most especially fireballs where, if the magic user fired one off in the confined spaces of a dungeon, especially a narrow corridor or something like that, or improperly placed the target vertex of a square space, the entire party could get engulfed and a TPK possibly result. Same thing with the old-style lightning bolt spell that could ricochet off walls and bounce around multiple times, like Han's blaster bolt in the Death Star trash compactor, only it's far worse because the bolt is far larger in size and length!
-Mike
Last edited by Mike DiCenso on Thu May 17, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: D&D Mayhem

Post by Praeothmin » Thu May 17, 2012 12:26 pm

I tend to make players pay for their idiocy in my games, so there were a few games where more than one player of mine had to create another character because their main one died, or was seriously incapacitated...