WH40k firepower

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: WH40k firepower

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:Patently false, and there's enough proof of that posted on this board - yes, it means reading. Ouch.
Now you're attempting the same pro-ICS trolling with WH40K.
Take your vendetta somewhere else. Nothing that I stated above warrants your ridiculously prejiduced tone here; and I don't care how many other people posted the proof for you nine months ago, in another thread. Prove up your own claims.

Silly bait.
Silly tendency to act like a douchebag for no reason, due to a completely separate, unrelated, excuse. What the fuck does the ST v SW section and the arguments we've gotten into there have to do with this debate? Are you so engrossed in that one topic, you feel as though any mention of Star Wars or Star Trek is in relation to the two fighting one another? This is just like the Saxton-haters (even though Saxton is a civil, third party fan who has never flamed anyone on either side) who think that Saxton wrote the Technical Commentaries as a closet member of the debate, rather than simply because he likes Star Wars. It's conspiracy mentality. There is no Evil Warsie Conspiracy.

I am not a 40ker; heck, I barely know anything about the franchise. But I've read enough to know that their yields are at least an OOM above Star Wars, and would crush them in any confrontation.* However, the IoM faces several disadvantages against, for example, the Empire:

1. Warp is unreliable and slow compared to hyperdrive
2. Their industry is smaller
3. Their initial fleet is smaller
4. They are outmatched in superweapons
5. They have a smaller empire
6. They have far more enemies and threats to deal with on a daily basis

These in mind, even though the IoM whips the Galactic Empire's ass face to face, strategically, they will be at an enormous speed and logistical disadvantage, and they will always be grossly outnumbered. So they probably lose.

*Which lies the hypocrisy of accusing SDN of being full of obsessive fanboys. SDN admits that the IoM crushes the Empire ship for ship. Here, a large margin of posters think that the Borg Collective can take on a Culture GSV. The amount of delusion in the preceding stance is all one needs to refute any accusations of pro-Wars bias.
Troll & Bait. You think I'm gonna waste time with you, really?

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Troll & Bait. You think I'm gonna waste time with you, really?
Hey, you have nothing of substance to say, but rather regurgitate what you had just stated. How surprising!

I'm not the one who is baiting here. You are the one who is adopting a hostile tone towards a completely unrelated topic, simply due to past disagreements, while paranoiacally interpretating every mention of Star Wars or Star Trek as relating to the debate. Can someone say "douche"?

You aren't even interested in debating the actual topic. But again, who is really surprised here?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote: Troll & Bait. You think I'm gonna waste time with you, really?
Hey, you have nothing of substance to say, but rather regurgitate what you had just stated. How surprising!

I'm not the one who is baiting here. You are the one who is adopting a hostile tone towards a completely unrelated topic, simply due to past disagreements, while paranoiacally interpretating every mention of Star Wars or Star Trek as relating to the debate. Can someone say "douche"?

You aren't even interested in debating the actual topic. But again, who is really surprised here?
Troll & Bait. You think I'm gonna waste time with you, really?

General Donner
Bridge Officer

Post by General Donner » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 am

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:The higher end feats certainly outweigh a few outliers, such as a fleet of warships taking hours to destroy a city. But for every one of these, there are ten examples [such as my video] of relativistic, skyscraper sized nova rounds, or time stopping and reality warping warp users, or stellar level power generation, etc.
Just for my fun, even if Oragahn won't bite: Can you actually substantiate this in any way that hasn't already been debunked around here? Feel free to quote primary sources and make calculations, and I'll reply with the counter-arguments Oragahn and others have already elaborated at great length. In the event it proves necessary, I can also add some analysis of my own.

I do expect actual quotes and work, however, rather than vague references in the vein of "this one book had stuff in it some guy calculated to mean they fire nine thousand yottatons" or similar.
Which lies the hypocrisy of accusing SDN of being full of obsessive fanboys. SDN admits that the IoM crushes the Empire ship for ship.
Oh, it's certainly full of fanboys. It's just that nowadays, the Connorite fanboys outnumber the Wongite ones.

SDN's SW fanboyism has actually waned considerably of late, at least judging by the threads I've occasionally skimmed. (They have one about the "Space Battleship Yamato versus a Super Star Destroyer" still up on the front page of their sci-fi forum that's quite illustrative of this trend.) I believe it's due mostly to Wong not being around defending his numbers any more; prominent posters Destructionator XIII, Shroom Man 77, Simon_Jester, and Stofsk in particular proceeded to tear his analysis to pieces once the cat was out, and few if any regulars even over there seem to support the ICS these days.

(Ironically, Connor and his fanboys are taking a leading part in the new "make fun of ICs yields/ranges/whatever" vogue ... While also still clamoring for the petatons for 40k ships.)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:01 pm

General Donner wrote: SDN's SW fanboyism has actually waned considerably of late, at least judging by the threads I've occasionally skimmed. (They have one about the "Space Battleship Yamato versus a Super Star Destroyer" still up on the front page of their sci-fi forum that's quite illustrative of this trend.) I believe it's due mostly to Wong not being around defending his numbers any more; prominent posters Destructionator XIII, Shroom Man 77, Simon_Jester, and Stofsk in particular proceeded to tear his analysis to pieces once the cat was out, and few if any regulars even over there seem to support the ICS these days.
At SDN? Really?
(Ironically, Connor and his fanboys are taking a leading part in the new "make fun of ICs yields/ranges/whatever" vogue ... While also still clamoring for the petatons for 40k ships.)
To look credible and objective I guess, focusing on the form and not the content. Therefore they're cool and strike cool points and will get minimal annoyance from their neighbouring members.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Oh, it's certainly full of fanboys. It's just that nowadays, the Connorite fanboys outnumber the Wongite ones.
General Donner wrote:SDN's SW fanboyism has actually waned considerably of late, at least judging by the threads I've occasionally skimmed. (They have one about the "Space Battleship Yamato versus a Super Star Destroyer" still up on the front page of their sci-fi forum that's quite illustrative of this trend.) I believe it's due mostly to Wong not being around defending his numbers any more; prominent posters Destructionator XIII, Shroom Man 77, Simon_Jester, and Stofsk in particular proceeded to tear his analysis to pieces once the cat was out, and few if any regulars even over there seem to support the ICS these days.

That reminds me, although off-topic for most of this, I've noticed that according the Alexa numbers, SDN is on a slow, but continual decline in site traffic over the last 6 to 9 months and is listed as being on a continual likely future decline. This may also tie into what Brunner mentioned about the Bravo Delta Zero group falling apart when Wong withdrew. So without the leader to guide them, the rest falls slowly apart. Might be worth splitting this topic and discussing this in the Other Websites forum
-Mike