Roman Empire vs Mordor

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Jasonb
Jedi Knight

Re: Roman Empire vs Mordor

Post by Jasonb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:31 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:
Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:i only really saw the movies so i have no idea what any of that is dude.
ah book lord of the rings is a bit more powerful Picard made a thread where I posted some of their capabilities..would you like a link?

basically The Witchking fear fucked an entire battle field every one stopped fighting when he showed up.. he made people go insane with fear and kill themselves or have heart attacks

and allot of those guys would be super human by modern standards..he also had some fallen Numenorians (the same people Aragorn boromir and Faramir are descendent from) who would be pretty powerful in their own right.
Picard wrote:
Make it either early Second or late Third age.
early second age : a fleet of Numenorian iron clads sail up the Mediterranean coast and fire off hypersonic arrows and canon fire all over the major imperial ports...Rome surrenders and then become the greatest vassal state Numenor ever has..and when it falls apart a good portion of the faithful likely immigrate to Rome

Third Age Gondor gains a very powerful ally but one the enemy could subvert if not protected

Elrond verses Cicero in a debate would be pretty epic
Problem depend black rides is Roman used fire arrows and even used catapults that were on stuff on fire. Would black rides show us know that enemy us fire or run the other way. They might have even flame throwers available trust instead that black rider weakness every Roman unit have few them. Again Mordan the Roman would raped them.