Humankind Abh Empire vs The Imperium Of Man

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
User1652
Padawan

Humankind Abh Empire vs The Imperium Of Man

Post by User1652 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:11 am

Scenario: The Abh Empire find a Portal to the W40K galaxy to the Crest of the Stars Galaxy (Or reality). The Abh Empire and the IOM find the portal and decide to go through. So who would win in this battle? How would they do during first contact.

Side Note: I have not seem Crest of the Stars only part of it but I have been interested in wating the show only if there was a dubbed version of it. But lately I have heard on this site that the Abh is almost at GE levels of firepower or something.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Humankind Abh Empire vs The Imperium Of Man

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:20 pm

A large part of the debate on firepower is how much antimatter is actually carried by the sort of missiles which are used by the Abh.
There's been a big thread where this question was tackled at SBC or SDN. I'd strongly suggest finding it first, before engaging on a path which might prove erroneous.
I've seen parts of the anime, notably the "UTES" section, and the battle weapons don't seem too overpowered. However, they have some funky doomsday fire-donut weapon that's really a pain in the A when fired at a planet.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:33 pm

there was an episode where Imperial guns were fired on a planet and turrets one shot continents if memory serves

User1652
Padawan

Post by User1652 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:30 am

Can't the IOM do the same thing?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:50 am

What do you mean?
Most SF universes which starships equipped with cannons can rain fire on a planet.
Some of them even give the ships special loads, doomsday weapons.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:02 am

Civ001 wrote:Can't the IOM do the same thing?
from just their standard anti ship weaponry like the Abh? Fans certainly like to claim it can

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:01 pm

The thing is what would happen when the Abh or the United Mankind ships try accessing Planar space in the WH40K verse? Would they accidently wind up in the Warp? Given that Crest of the Stars takes place in a decidedly non-supernatural universe, encountering Warp daemons for the first time will be... interesting... to say the least along with the powers of Psykers and such. In that sense, the Ahb or any humans from the CotS verse are at an extreme disadvantage.
-Mike