ISOTed Stories?

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
User1652
Padawan

ISOTed Stories?

Post by User1652 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Anyone know of any interesting ISOTed stories that are out there? Nothing like 1663 or whatever the name of that novel is or something simillar. But I would like one where it involves a Faction of some kind or something simillar being sent to another universe. It must be long in length and it must have a good story line. Does anyone know any of these kinds of fanfics or stories?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: ISOTed Stories?

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:12 pm

English, please?

User1652
Padawan

Post by User1652 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:English, please?
Don't know what you are talking about sorry.

General Donner
Bridge Officer

Post by General Donner » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:English, please?
"ISOT" is an online acronym derived from the title of the novel "Island in the Sea of Time" written by (IIRC) S. M. Stirling. It's about some small US town that gets teleported wholesale back into prehistoric times and how the people cope with that. Supposedly it's got lots of gore, lesbians and grim darkness in the not far future in it, like Stirling's stories usually do.

"ISOT" in the wider sense is used in alternate history circles as shorthand for similar scenarios. You might see it in expressions like "What if Germany as of March 1918 was ISOTed to July 1914?" or stuff like that. In this case, I believe Civ's requesting recommendations on fanfiction stories that use the "ISOT" device.

As for that topic: Personally I have no such to give. I don't read fanfiction much in general.