The Federation comes to CthulhuTech Earth.

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Khas
Starship Captain

The Federation comes to CthulhuTech Earth.

Post by Khas » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:11 pm

While on patrol, a Starfleet task force comes across something very odd. A star system virtually identical to the Sol system. Moving in closer, they find an odd version of Earth, with giant mecha and sorcerers wandering the planet. Along with not one, but two sentient species living on it. Humans, and a very near-human race known as the "Nazzadi". These "Nazzadi" resemble humans, except with pitch-black skin and hair, and red eyes. In space, there are alien vessels that bear no resemblance to anything known by Starfleet. The Starfleet vessels try hailing them, only to be attacked. In response, the Federation ships open fire, and a brief skirmish occurs, in which the aliens are driven back.

Meanwhile, on this second Earth, astronomers notice something strange. The Mi-Go vessels that have orbited Earth for so long have been driven off by strange ships. That have their names written in English on them. Seeing an opportunity for help, the New Earth Government makes contact with these vessels.

However, the Mi-Go are NOT happy about this recent development, and are planning revenge on the ships that attacked them.

The Starfleet Task Force is comprised of:
1 Sovereign-class Starship
2 Akira-class Starships
2 Prometheus-class Starships
3 Nebula-class Starships
4 Excelsior-class Starships
6 Defiant-class Starships
10 Miranda-class Starships
48 Federation Attack Fighters, divided up into 4 squadrons

How does this scenario develop?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: The Federation comes to CthulhuTech Earth.

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Does Cthulhu have an ICS?

;-)

User1662
Redshirt

Post by User1662 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 pm

IIRC C-Tech Earth is like Eclipse Phase in that it has very little space force, unfortunately.

Mechs on the other hand would decimate any Feddie ground forces, totally and utterly rape them blind, so much so that some kind of aerial support would be required. What would be interesting is if technology from C-Tech Earth was incorporated - psychics and magic FTW!

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:59 am

Though maybe with Starfleet's help, the NEG could finally defeat the Rapine Storm and Esoteric Order of Dagon. And if C-Tech Earth were to join the UFP, well, that would REALLY change the face of politics in the Alpha Quadrant.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:28 pm

So what exactly do the Mi-Go have in the way of space capable weaponry? Thirty odd starfleet vessels, several of which are Defiant class, is a nice sized task force so I imagine the "bugs" have either nightmarish fleet numbers or are obscenely strong.

Overall forgoing the fleet battle for a moment I'd consider it prudent to launch a General Order 24, cleanse away all traces of humanity and therefore cults and scamper very far away praying that the taint of eldred beings and long slumbering old gods never spreads beyond that cursed celestial sphere. But I admit thats harsh.

User1662
Redshirt

Post by User1662 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Khas wrote:Though maybe with Starfleet's help, the NEG could finally defeat the Rapine Storm and Esoteric Order of Dagon. And if C-Tech Earth were to join the UFP, well, that would REALLY change the face of politics in the Alpha Quadrant.

What would be even better would be if the Feddies encountered Eclipse Phase & Cthonian Stars Earths. It would be too awesome for words. In fact we should start a thread....that gives me an idea :)

User1468
Padawan

Post by User1468 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:48 pm

sonofccn wrote:So what exactly do the Mi-Go have in the way of space capable weaponry? Thirty odd starfleet vessels, several of which are Defiant class, is a nice sized task force so I imagine the "bugs" have either nightmarish fleet numbers or are obscenely strong.
They have the Mothership. Which is Charon. An I think they have another one somewhere.
Overall forgoing the fleet battle for a moment I'd consider it prudent to launch a General Order 24, cleanse away all traces of humanity and therefore cults and scamper very far away praying that the taint of eldred beings and long slumbering old gods never spreads beyond that cursed celestial sphere. But I admit thats harsh.
And unlikely to work.
Rogerd wrote:IIRC C-Tech Earth is like Eclipse Phase in that it has very little space force, unfortunately.

Mechs on the other hand would decimate any Feddie ground forces, totally and utterly rape them blind, so much so that some kind of aerial support would be required. What would be interesting is if technology from C-Tech Earth was incorporated - psychics and magic FTW!
Actually, IIRC all NEGN vessels are submersible and void-capable. When fighting EoD, they hover. When fighting Migou, they submerge.

Now here's a question; what will Ctech arcanotech/nanotech bring to the Federation? Remember, this includes the A-Pod (completely reactionless thrust in all regimes) and the D-Engine (limited power but unlimited energy. As I describe it, "it only puts out X, but it puts out X forever) I think one of the later sourcebooks even mentions a kind of reverse D-Engine called a D-Sink/D-Fridge, which sucks up energy (mainly heat)