Magneto vs Palpatine Vader and Dooku

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Magneto vs Palpatine Vader and Dooku

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:07 am

fight takes place on Curoscant outside the senate this pre-Mace Windu beating him crippled Sidious.

Magneto is in his prime.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Magneto vs Palpatine Vader and Dooku

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:14 am

Which Magneto are we talking about here? The movie version or the comic book versions? Do we even have any idea if Force lightning can be affected by intense magnetic fields?
-Mike

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:30 am

also, and i hate to be a bitch, but what exactly do you mean by 'in his prime'? as i understand it, magneto was faaaaaaaaaar more powerful before he stopped a goddamn spaceship from moving while it engaged it's ftl drive. not to mention that joseph was clearly stronger than magneto when it came to brute force, magneto even mentioned it. just a little clarification, if you would.

personally, if we take one of the really powerful versions, i don't think even the force would be all that much of a problem for magneto. he's been seen doing some goddamn amazing things, and it's important to remember that he can throw things around which have only the smallest traces of metal inside, like people or even some ceramics. given any metal in his environment, i don't think force push could move him, either. he would simply anchor himself in place. this is a bit of a stretch, i suppose, but i don't think force tricks on his mind would work either if he had his extra-special helmet that doesn't make any sense at all but somehow stops psychic assault. light sabers are a dead loss, surely. the first time one gets turned on, magneto would grab every one in sight and put them away for later study. if the sith don't hit the little buttons that keep them on when not in contact with skin, those things are out of the fight in seconds, and if they do, they will have an interesting time trying to avoid the blades as magneto sends them spinning back at them until he gets bored of chopping their bits into progressively smaller bits. the lightning. that's the real question. magneto himself can create a weird lightning type energy blast, but that certainly doesn't mean he could absorb it without harm. of course, machine-man vader couldn't even use it, but dooku and palpatine could.

edit: apologies, clearly vader wouldn't be in his wacky suit at that time.
Last edited by mojo on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:35 am

it would seem you agree for the most part, considering you put him up against all three sith.

and not to throw you off or anything, but did you read the morrison run on new x-men? remember when magneto was being that teacher for pretty much the whole thing, and he had these other, non-magnetic powers? what the fuck was that about? what blows me away is the time he and the students were off camping, and the girl saw him annihilate those stupid guys in those weird suits. the weird thing is that the energy he used to destroy them was rainbow-colored? wtf?

sorry. it just shows a very out of character fuckup by morrison. i think that's pretty strong evidence he didn't actually intend for that to be magneto at the time. unless i'm missing something, which would be AWESOME, because it bothers me.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:25 am

mojo wrote:it would seem you agree for the most part, considering you put him up against all three sith.

and not to throw you off or anything, but did you read the morrison run on new x-men? remember when magneto was being that teacher for pretty much the whole thing, and he had these other, non-magnetic powers? what the fuck was that about? what blows me away is the time he and the students were off camping, and the girl saw him annihilate those stupid guys in those weird suits. the weird thing is that the energy he used to destroy them was rainbow-colored? wtf?

sorry. it just shows a very out of character fuckup by morrison. i think that's pretty strong evidence he didn't actually intend for that to be magneto at the time. unless i'm missing something, which would be AWESOME, because it bothers me.
Magneto's kinda had a gray area in his powers since the mid 80's He's effected souls transfigured Chi into EM radiation and been able to mess with magical energy it's rare but he has shown able to do it. Writers usually don't explore that though

recently his range has been in the hundreds or so light years (luring a planet killer at ftl velocities from outside sol towards earth)but I think his offensive might has decreased some- he's become more specialized
Mike DiCenso wrote:Which Magneto are we talking about here? The movie version or the comic book versions? Do we even have any idea if Force lightning can be affected by intense magnetic fields?
-Mike
Comic Book

but if you want we can do two scenarios Film Magneto and Film Force users and eu and comics?
mojo wrote:sorry. it just shows a very out of character fuckup by morrison. i think that's pretty strong evidence he didn't actually intend for that to be magneto at the time. unless i'm missing something, which would be AWESOME, because it bothers me.
I think that was a Chinese dude Morrisons entire run no longer seems to be canon implying homo sapiens would go extinct and homo mermanus and homo sapien superior and homo sapien eternus (Thanos people believe it or not he's the son of a hyper evolved caveman, and the inhumans) would replace them pissed off a shit load of writers and editors apparently

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:42 am

that wasn't a chinese dude, that was magneto pretending to be a chinese dude. that was pretty clear when he took off the mask and then took over new york city.
and i wouldn't go so far as to call morrison's ideas non-canon, considering that new x-men was the admitted flagship title of the x-men books at the time, and the flagship title which followed, whedon's astonishing x-men run, definitely continued where morrison left off. just because later writers do their own thing doesn't make it non-canon. morrison's run was as important as claremont's early days to the core concepts of the x-men.
not that i think it was perfect, there were many fuckups, for instance the magneto shenanigans, wolverine learning his entire past and then not bothering to let us know any of it, then he apparently just forgets it again, blah blah blah.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:25 am

mojo wrote:that wasn't a chinese dude, that was magneto pretending to be a chinese dude. that was pretty clear when he took off the mask and then took over new york city.
I believe that was revealed to be a deception in fact i think Eric was either dead or off getting the ever lasting shit beat out of him by the Sentry..I forget which when Xornetto was running amok
mojo wrote:and i wouldn't go so far as to call morrison's ideas non-canon, considering that new x-men was the admitted flagship title of the x-men books at the time, and the flagship title which followed, whedon's astonishing x-men run, definitely continued where morrison left off. just because later writers do their own thing doesn't make it non-canon. morrison's run was as important as claremont's early days to the core concepts of the x-men.
not that i think it was perfect, there were many fuckups, for instance the magneto shenanigans, wolverine learning his entire past and then not bothering to let us know any of it, then he apparently just forgets it again, blah blah blah.
I think it was ignored sadly poor Morrison too because the guy is good.; as for Logans past apparently some hyper evolved immortal sentient wolf who fought Conan tens of thousands of years ago raped logans great grand mammy and has been manipulating his life from the shadows..and now logan has a demon sword and it's all weird

I think that was added after Morrisons run I avoid Wolverine stories as best i can

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:47 am

surely you don't think that was what morrison had in mind with the wolverine thing??

personally i think he did it as one giant fuck you to the five people who were still interested.

and honestly, xorn may have been a fuck you as well, which was a goddamn shame as i LOVED him.

that's plenty of that talk, sorry to have derailed your thread. i give the fight to magneto with minimal effort. i think it would be a slaughter.

General Donner
Bridge Officer

Post by General Donner » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Xorneto was originally intended by Morrison to be the real deal Mags (AKA Magnus, Eric Lehnsheer, Max Eisenhart, etc), but was retconned as an impostor for acting wildly out of character and causing a small uproar among the fans. I believe Morrison refered to Magneto as a "mad old terrorist twat" or something along those lines. Turned out Claremont and the editors didn't agree with that.

The real Magneto, instead, was at the time being nursed back to health on a secret location by Charles Xavier, after suffering horrendous injury when Nova's uber-sentinels stomped on Genosha.

On topic: Magneto in the comics trounces every kind of Sith there is. And that includes the EU versions the SDNers liked to wank to in the good old days. He's a freaking powerhouse for Neelix's sake. A high-end supervillain in the Marvelverse known to casually trash people like the Avengers.

If you used movie versions we could maybe have something somewhat close to a "fair fight" where both sides might stand a chance of winning.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:00 am

Well, comic book Magneto trashes any and all Force user, EU or Movies, since he can control all electromagnetic forces, meaning light, etc...
Movie Magneto can compete vs EU Force users, and completely trounces Movie Force Users (while Palpatine and Yoda had to concentrate to move senate pods, Magneto lifted the frakking Golden Gate bridge)...

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:28 am

Praeothmin wrote:Well, comic book Magneto trashes any and all Force user, EU or Movies, since he can control all electromagnetic forces, meaning light, etc...
it's gotten to where he can manipulate Chi and mystical energies as well now. Honestly he should be omega level by now given some of the crap he's pulled off

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:11 pm

And this is why I stopped reading comics years ago... *rolleyes*

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Praeothmin wrote:And this is why I stopped reading comics years ago... *rolleyes*
it's the x-men syndrome they have allot of ascended fanboys who write for them. You remember the infinity saga? The cosmic being the Stranger that fought Thanos when he had the Infinity gauntlet with all the other A list cosmic entities? Yeah Iceman bobby Drake beat the ever lasting crap out of him a few years ago. A Cosmic being summoned to fight alongside Galactus and the Celestials got beat up by a side character who's powers are ice based because now He's an omega level and one day he'll replace yimir as Odins new skyfather level foe *eyeroll*

it makes enjoying X-men comics impossible- but if you stopped reading comics ages ago you got spared Sentry and Superboy Prime then?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:28 am

Yup, but I didn't stop early enough to get spared the shitty Spider-Clone saga... :(

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:00 pm

what's wrong with superboy prime? the last i saw of him he was trapped at the end of whatever crisis he killed 'reign of the superman' superboy. did he get out and wreak mighty vengeance or something?