How powerful is the Sword of the Stars universe

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
User1652
Padawan

How powerful is the Sword of the Stars universe

Post by User1652 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:50 am

So I have been playing Sword of the Stars lately from steam and I was wondering how powerful are the races on SOTS compared to other races in other sci fi franchises? I have seen a lot of SOTS be compared to Babylon 5 in some ways. I made one vs debate on Liir(SOTS) vs the Covenant which involve the Liir Stomping on the Covenant pretty badly.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: How powerful is the Sword of the Stars universe

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:28 am

Tech or story-wise for comparison with B5? Because in terms of tech, even the First Ones are lacking compared to almost anyone out there with the exception of NBSG or Firefly.
-Mike

User1652
Padawan

Post by User1652 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:51 am

well taken from this thread http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 11&t=17831

Their weapons are on a level that is alot like this:
Humans=HCL's
Minbari=Lancers
Shadows=Cutting Beams
So SOTS weapons are very similar to B5 weapons but I really don't know how powerful they are to other weapons from other series and factions. They may even be on Star Trek levels with some tech.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Any real examples of what they can do? Otherwise most other franchises will stomp them.
-Mike