Cloud Strife and Thor vs. Kharn the Betrayer and Lobo

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Khas
Starship Captain

Cloud Strife and Thor vs. Kharn the Betrayer and Lobo

Post by Khas » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Tag-team battle, set in Dallas. How does this go?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: Cloud Strife and Thor vs. Kharn the Betrayer and Lobo

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Thor gave up his skyfather powers back to Odin yes?

Lobo a year ago lasso'd something that weighed as much as a Star yanked it into orbit and punched it out..while telling it 'he didn't obey the laws of physics because it was for pussies" basically

so..y'know yeah he wins this he isn't fighting a Skyfather level entity so

it also helps that Cloud is basically a useless meat shield in this battle and contributes nothing to his side

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:22 am

And then Kharn and Lobo turn on each other.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:41 am

Khas wrote:And then Kharn and Lobo turn on each other.
Lobo would consider it a gesture of friendship naturally

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:46 am

why cloud strife? he's so underpowered and vulnerable in comparison to the others that one of them would probably kill cloud by accident. if lobo so much as sneezed on cloud he'd be blown into his component atoms.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:04 am

hold on, it might be a good thing for cloud's side if he was killed. if he could pull a sephiroth and remain conscious and sentient in the lifestream, he would have access to that nigh-infinite power source and would be, if he was just a little clever, pretty much immortal.
HEY CLOUD, DON'T LEAD YOUR ENEMIES DIRECTLY TO YOUR PHYSICAL REMAINS. DON'T DO THAT. IT'S THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BE KILLED.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Kharn might be a better match for a guy like Wonderman or Thing then Lobo or Thor honestly as powerful as Primarchs are I'm not actually sure they're there

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:23 am

mojo wrote:hold on, it might be a good thing for cloud's side if he was killed. if he could pull a sephiroth and remain conscious and sentient in the lifestream, he would have access to that nigh-infinite power source and would be, if he was just a little clever, pretty much immortal.
HEY CLOUD, DON'T LEAD YOUR ENEMIES DIRECTLY TO YOUR PHYSICAL REMAINS. DON'T DO THAT. IT'S THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BE KILLED.
He's still limited to the power of the planet, in this case, Earth. And there's nothing as given as Cloud even being "built" as to fit for Lifestream immortality.
However, I have only played Crisis Core and FFVII, so I can't tell if I'm missing something, but it's strongly implied that the planet of FFVII could be immortal.

I don't know what silly thing that Lobo is, but there's quite a few things one could do with the control over Lifestream and the capacity to say, burn and block moons for example.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
I don't know what silly thing that Lobo is, but there's quite a few things one could do with the control over Lifestream and the capacity to say, burn and block moons for example.
that should put him in the bare minimum to be a top tier. Lobo's fought people who can physically mass scatter worlds by punching them really hard (though he usually beats them by out lasting them rather than matching them strength for strength- he has a fantastic regenerative power and he's got crazy stamina )and yeah that crazy 'laws of physics is fer sissies' feat of lassoing a star

but if people with access to the lifestream are that potent he's far more useful than I thought although I always final fantasy seven suffered from allot "big words but no concrete feats to analyze" syndrome?

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:57 am

lobo is boring as hell. imagine, oragahn, wolverine from the x-men, only take his personality and attitude so far that it becomes parody, then give him whatever strength he needs to do whatever he's trying to do without ever spelling it out. then have him almost beat up superman every couple of years, and there you go. also he rides a motorcycle through space.

uh, sephiroth actually did some pretty cool stuff. what do you call supernova? heartless angel? cloning himself using parts of jenova and inhabiting them? controlling the minds of every jenova-infected human on the planet? controlling cloud? calling meteor? holding back holy for months?

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:04 am

Character feats (Not all from FFVII)
Numerous feats preformed by Sephiroth are open for interpretation, in short: Your Mileage May Vary. To get a few listed feats, read the following lines:

Stopping Holy
A feat brought to action through sheer will by Sephiroth, this occurred in the original Final Fantasy 7. Some have said this feat is essentially nothing because Holy never done anything however it is clear in the final cut scene of the game that Holy is indeed fairly powerful. So much so that lifting an 1800 tonne airship from close to the center of the planet to high into the air was just a byproduct of it moving.

Will Feat
Utilising his will again he lifted and took control off eight seperate bodies, presumed of significant weight, numbers circling 240Kgs (529 Pounds) assuming each of them weigh 30Kgs (66 Pounds), this is a very low estimate. This occurs in the game before the final boss fight in the original game.

Durability Feats
Having survived attacks that crater metal imply a significant level of durability. Along with fire and explosions not having any effect on him at all. Some may argue that Jenova meteor landing stands as a feat of Sephiroths which has been calculated (erring on the low side) to be equivalent to a 30,000 megaton bomb however this is still in debate.

Reaction Speed
Sephiroth shows impressive reaction speeds, such as in Crisis Core where he defends attacks coming from completely different directions (Front and behind) that are barely a second apart. Even when suprised Sephiroth is able to react to attacks fairly easily.

Fast flight speed
High speed during flight, again in Crisis Core during the fight with Genesis and Angeal and in ACC against Cloud. Presumably at 0.5 km\s.

Regeneration
Regenerated from a piece of being (Flesh is the exact translation). However it took him a fair bit of time (~4-5 days) because he was assembling existing flesh\cells that were in what are called Sephiroth Clones (Other people).

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:09 am

mojo wrote:lobo is boring as hell. imagine, oragahn, wolverine from the x-men, only take his personality and attitude so far that it becomes parody, then give him whatever strength he needs to do whatever he's trying to do without ever spelling it out. then have him almost beat up superman every couple of years, and there you go. also he rides a motorcycle through space.
?
Wolverine kind beat out Lobo in the BS realm though recently when he threw himself in a sun and then was taken out as a glowing skeleton and regenerated in an hour.

or when he beat Death itself so he could bang Jean

Lobo is at least funny Wolverine is just pure Stu author avatar now adays

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:42 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:
mojo wrote:lobo is boring as hell. imagine, oragahn, wolverine from the x-men, only take his personality and attitude so far that it becomes parody, then give him whatever strength he needs to do whatever he's trying to do without ever spelling it out. then have him almost beat up superman every couple of years, and there you go. also he rides a motorcycle through space.
?
Wolverine kind beat out Lobo in the BS realm though recently when he threw himself in a sun and then was taken out as a glowing skeleton and regenerated in an hour.

or when he beat Death itself so he could bang Jean

Lobo is at least funny Wolverine is just pure Stu author avatar now adays
haha, did you read the issue of the punisher where punisher blows off wolverine's face with a shotgun, then runs wolvie over with a steamroller and just leaves it on his head?
that was classic!

i don't know about the sun thing, i kinda stopped reading when grant morrison left new x-men, and that's been awhile. i read the astonishing that came after for about two arcs, but then it got boring. wouldn't the adamantium melt, if it were actually inside a sun? because, i mean, it must melt at some temperature, or how did they fuse it with his skeleton in the first place? it was a liquid at that time, i have the mcp weapon x issues.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:44 am

also, was this the same personification of death that is deadpool's girlfriend? cuz if you could actually get ahold of her, she didn't look too fearsome. i think i could probably beat that broad myself.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:50 am

OH FUCK GUYS RUN