Jason Bourne (movie only) vs Michael Westen

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Jason Bourne (movie only) vs Michael Westen

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:36 pm

I saw this over at Spacebattles, and thought it would be interesting.
Jason Bourne, from the movies only, and Michael Westen, from "Burn Notice", come face to face.
Who wins:
1-Hand-to-Hand, no guns;

2-Both are thrown in Seattle, with only the clothes on their backs, and are told they have to hunt the other who is a terrorist and must be killed, and only have a name;

3-Both realize they've been set up, and team up to take their "management" apart. What agency can stop them?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: Jason Bourne (movie only) vs Michael Westen

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:16 pm

Bourne destroys him in scenario 1

scenario 2 Micheal westen has this in the bag Bournes good and all but this man is serious damn business here

scenario 3: who ever duped them has no other choice but to hire the jackal to take him out

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Well, this scenario assumes they operate alone, so Westen does not have Sam or his contacts, and Fiona, so all the forged documents, information gathering usually done through Sam's contacts is gone...

This is my take on it:
1-Bourne takes this, but it will most resemble the fight against the operative in Bourne 2, where Bourne has trouble, but gets out rather unscathed.
But Westen is good enough so that the fight will not look like the fight in Bourne 1, where Bourne completely dominates it...
Westen has demonstrated excellent hand-to-hand skills, and has shown us he can take on multiple opponents at once, but Bourne has shown us this feat many times over, and against multiple opponents highly trained in HtH...
Strength goes to Bourne, slightly, and speed also goes to Bourne.
The speed at which he unarmed the cops in Zurich, Embassy guards in Zurich again and agents in the London train station showed us great hand eye coordination and execution speeds...

2-Bourne takes this...
This is the guy who was one the run from the CIA, BlackBriar, Russian mobsters, with only his wits as ressources...
This is the guy who infiltrated the heart of the organization that was hunting him, alone, in broad daylight, and got away...
He wants to get info, he'll get it, and quick...
I think both would be able to trakc the other down, and then it would become a game of cat and mouse, and quick thinking on the fly...
While Michael is good, his greatest asset is planning in advance, while Bourne has to think on his feet for most of the movies, and showed how great he was at it...
With full ressources, including Fiona and Sam, Micheal may, and I say, may pull it off, but alone, I give it to Bourne...

3-Poor, poor Jackal, he'll never know what hit him... :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:14 pm

for scenario 2 I wouldn't rule Westen out, I mean yeah he has help but it's very limited and the man can still make major waves. He seems reliable as all hell as well and good at the same skills Jason was

for scenario 3: I dunno man Willis Jackal had Willis jobber aura didn't he? then again he might do something real stupid like kill Fiona and what ever love interest Bournes got..which will backfire spectacularly novel Jackal might be in trouble (or was he better then film jackal?)

where the Bourne novels better?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:29 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:for scenario 2 I wouldn't rule Westen out, I mean yeah he has help but it's very limited and the man can still make major waves. He seems reliable as all hell as well and good at the same skills Jason was
I don't remember one show where Fiona or Sam did not help, either by doing surveillance, or finding some info through their contacts...
Michael is very, very good, but Bourne did all he did the good old fashion way, by getting all his info in person, without anyone to give it to him, except on very rare occasions...
When Michael has to penetrate a building, Sam or Fi or both usually create some diversion...
When Bourne infiltrated Noah Vosen's own highly secure CIA office, he created his own diversion, and then penetrated the building...
for scenario 3: I dunno man Willis Jackal had Willis jobber aura didn't he? then again he might do something real stupid like kill Fiona and what ever love interest Bournes got..which will backfire spectacularly novel Jackal might be in trouble (or was he better then film jackal?)
I did see the Jackal a while ago, but I don't remember anything making him better than, or even the equal of, Jason Bourne or Michael Westen...
Now imagine if both of them team up toghether... :)
where the Bourne novels better?
More complete in their description, but I have to say I love the recent movies, as they have been modernized, because the novels are pretty old...