China in Middle Earth

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
User1652
Padawan

China in Middle Earth

Post by User1652 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:21 pm

This has been something I have thought up from spacebattles that I was wondering about. What would happen if the Han Dynasty from the Height of their power had all their land scooped up and placed in Middle Earth? This is not so much of a vs debate as of how people would react kind of debate. How would this scenario go down?
1. What would the People of Middle Earth think of chinese Culture, Music, Art, Architecture, Language?
2. How well would Chinese forces compare to armys of MIddle Earth at that time?
3.How well would they get along
4. What would the Chinese think of Middle Earth
5. The timeline of this is ither the Second Age of Middle Earth or the Third Age of Middle Earth I just have not thought of a good location of where they should be put.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: China in Middle Earth

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:26 am

Civ001 wrote:This has been something I have thought up from spacebattles that I was wondering about. What would happen if the Han Dynasty from the Height of their power had all their land scooped up and placed in Middle Earth? This is not so much of a vs debate as of how people would react kind of debate. How would this scenario go down?
this is an awesome thread sorry no one answered..lazy bums lol but that aside..since I'm dealing with a Fingolfin vs Twilight thread on another forum and have a bunch of stuff open info wise i may as well address this

hope my info helps you
Civ001 wrote:1. What would the People of Middle Earth think of chinese Culture, Music, Art, Architecture, Language?
suspicion but not overt they'd be seen as another Gondor basically it would throw a massive monkey wrench in Sauron and Sarumans plans they'll probably get overtures by the white council...it would be interesting to see how the Chinese react to a bunch of immortals who can telepthically UT their language

they might be seen as pariahs due to some of their more unsavory practices but i can see trade so long as they agree to fight the forces of darkness. on the other hand both mordor and Isengard will be trying to subvert the place

Civ001 wrote:2. How well would Chinese forces compare to armys of MIddle Earth at that time?
in the third age they'd either be a major power or a thrall state and a very massive and dangerous one. I think they'd be second to Gondor and mordor but probably able to contribute far more troops
Civ001 wrote: 3.How well would they get along
they'll probably make good trading partners with the Dwarves easterling nations will be a constant issue for them Barbarian horde type xanyu situation basically. the Western powers might reach out to them and trade and all the elves ignore them until they push into their territory

Dwarves would ignore them unless sought out but probably would trade
Civ001 wrote: 4. What would the Chinese think of Middle Earth
the cultural shock would be dramatic to say the least how they'd react to the supernatural stuff and what have you..will shape what happens to them
Civ001 wrote:5. The timeline of this is ither the Second Age of Middle Earth or the Third Age of Middle
Earth I just have not thought of a good location of where they should be put.
they'd be a major power in the third age in the second age I can see them being a vassal kingdom of Numenor who would use them as a means to pacify the east. if they end up in good with the faithful it'll do well and they'll learn allot and then be a massive power...if not..i feel sorry for the allies

User1652
Padawan

Post by User1652 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:46 pm

I know it is dissapointing that none has thought to answer this. Although most people say that Han Dynasty armys can't compare with Gondor is that true?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:09 am

Civ001 wrote:I know it is dissapointing that none has thought to answer this. Although most people say that Han Dynasty armys can't compare with Gondor is that true?
in terms of armor and metallurgy and the fact that Gondor did still have a decent population of superhuman by real world standard men...no not especially they outnumber them but breaching minas Tirith isn't ever happening they can probably manage a victory through enough casualties to completely remove the Hans as a power though.

it also depends on which era you are basing that off of at it's prime the united kingdoms are essentially a Diet version of Numenor..at it's weakest lead by crazy ol'Denethor is another story entirely