Clone Wars Republic VS Horus Heresy Holy Terra

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Gniops
Padawan

Post by Gniops » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:54 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:If we are to consider what the Horus Heresy and the Republic could do in conjunction with each other, it is worth examining what happened in the original Horus Heresy.

Horus mortally wounded the Emperor and was in turn slain by the Emperor, who after that point was sealed in a life-support unit when loyalists recovered his body. In other words, if we simply add the Republic in as a faction allied with Horus, they are in a fine position to pick up the pieces afterwards, prevent the Emperor from being enshrined in the Golden Throne, and take over the place...

... particularly if Palpatine is being his normal clever, conniving, and difficult to telepathically scan self.
I feel like I'm wading through treacle here, so I've either got a bad connection, or its slow day on the server, cos its sodding eaten 4 posts already. Two on that other thread, and two here.

Either way, I'm not retyping my posts out again tonight, a quicky note, assuming something is going on afterwards, the rest of the Loyalist forces are enroute to Sol during the Siege, this is why Horus lowers the shields on his battlebarge, to try and finish the fight quickly, as without the Emperor, Non Astartes resistence would probably falter.
Than whats the point of the Commisars?
Commissars are there for in essence, Moral support, because there are a lot of nasty things in 40k, and a lot of them can be quite subtle.

The Commissariat is essentially a backstop for the Imperium, as a commanding officer might be recruited with his men, and share any possible...problems.

Regardless, the guys fighting during the Heresy are part of the vast supporting forces of the Great Crusade, who gradually were codified into the Imperial ARMY, which is a different beast to the Imperial guard, I doubt the Commissariat was established until after the Harrowing.

And there's what the Emperor and at most 9 Primarchs total? Versus at least 100 Jedi and their attending elite formations. Not even the Emperor can survive impossible odds.
I'd back the Emperor, His Sons and their "attending elite formations" against a thousand Jedi and attending formations, The Adeptus Custodes >> Jedi and clones.