The Invasion of the b 5 Galaxy

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: The Invasion of the b 5 Galaxy

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu May 05, 2011 5:50 pm

sally wrote: office 2010
Office 2010 Technical
Sally, welcome to the forum, but please remove these links from your future posts as they constitute spamming, which is a violation of this board's policies. Thank you.
-Mike

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Thu May 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Aurochs wrote:I would also point out that Omegas have been seen to go extremely fast in the movie 'A Call to Arms' when they are fleeing from the blast from the exploding shadow planet killer. Not that I would want to be on one of those things considering they don't seem to have any inertial dampeners, but it does indicate that while the maneuverability of Omegas is rather low, they can move pretty fast when they want to. On the other hand, they seem to move rather slowly when engaging in ramming maneuvers, so this may be an inconsistency.

On the other hand, Whitestars, Sunhawks, Vree saucers, and vorchans have all been seen to go pretty fast compared to ships like Mon cals and Star Destroyers.
Every time i saw a Omega ram anything in B5 it was after it had been kicked the shit out of big time in one way or another.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 pm

Ramming in B5 seems to be a tactic used largely only by the EA forces, even then it was, as pointed out, a last-ditch effort to hurt the enemy in some fashion. We don't even know if the crew on those ships survived the sudden accelerations, either, and the ship would be operating on automatic control as result. Hence, it would not be properly representative of the Omega class warship's actual combat acceleration under normal circumstances.
-Mike