Captain Swap: Replace Janeway with Adama, and vice versa...

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Captain Swap: Replace Janeway with Adama, and vice versa

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:47 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:
Mike DiCenso wrote:[

No, he'd go down a similar route as Janeway since he'll know that Species 8472's intent is to wipe out all life in the Milky Way galaxy after they're done destroying the Borg.
-Mike
From what I recall that was assumed to be the case-they certainly showed perfect willingness to leave the federation and the galaxy at large well enough alone after Voyager gave the Borg the tools to mess with their ships, and you'd think if they where hell bent on galactic extermination they'd of told her to get bent or just killed her when she discovered there little training program. the game makes them out to be what we never really saw them to be in later episodes

if Adama can convince them that only the borg pose a threat to them they may leave well enough alone
That was much later. Here's from "Scorpion, Part 1":

JANEWAY: Kes?

KES: I could hear its thoughts. The pilot of the bio-ship was trying to communicate with me. They're a telepathic species. I've been aware of them for some time now. The premonitions. Captain, it's not the Borg that we should be worried about, it's them.

JANEWAY: What did it say to you?

KES: It said, the weak will perish.

Later on in the same episode:

JANEWAY: Kes? Anything?
KES: Yes. I can hear them. They come from a place where they're alone. Nothing else lives there.

CHAKOTAY: Some kind of parallel universe.

KES: I don't know. I feel malevolence, a cold hatred. The weak will perish. It's an invasion. They intend on destroying everything.

In part two we have this dialog:

KES: I can hear them. They want to talk through me. They say we've contaminated their realm.

JANEWAY: Tell them we had no choice. We were only trying to defend ourselves.

KES: They say our galaxy is impure. Its proximity is a threat to their genetic integrity.

JANEWAY: Tell them we have a weapon. A devastating weapon that can destroy them at the cellular level. If they don't stop their attacks on the Delta Quadrant, we'll be forced to use it.

KES: They said your galaxy will be purged.

So you can see that S8472 is not simply content with defeating the Borg.
-Mike