Jedi vs Xenomorphs vs Predators vs Yuushan Vong

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: Jedi vs Xenomorphs vs Predators vs Yuushan Vong

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:22 pm

ah supes showed up too?

I wonder if the vong will start worshiping the all mighty underpants man

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:19 am

that seems unlikely considering he definitely hasn't felt a whole lot of pain in his life
physical pain, anyway

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:35 am

mojo wrote:that seems unlikely considering he definitely hasn't felt a whole lot of pain in his life
physical pain, anyway
your right...they would absolutely adore Lobo though he totally gets off being well mangled and what not

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:44 am

an interesting idea..

..who else?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:28 pm

mojo wrote:an interesting idea..

..who else?
Joker recently drove the Greek God of insanity completely insane and sent the character running from his mind in complete pants pissing terror...the same thing happened to the damn right hand of god when he tried to mind rape him for divine justice spectre ended up hauling ass out of there ..and even Lovecraftian horrors have committed suicide after going in there and coming out pants on head messed up as a result

Raven attacked him using his worse fears against him and he looked like he basically got turned on by it..she was shaken to her core after seeing that

he's laughed his ass off in total joy while being on fire and falling a thousand feet..or having all his bones broken by batman..so pain seems something he loves

either he becomes..the embodiment of the dark side..or becomes vong jesus either way I fear for the universe

Deadpool from marvel considers being melted an excellent way to wake up in the morning apparently and his typical reaction to having limbs hued off is "WOAH..COOL!!"

Dr Doom has a very good chance of convincing the Vong to follow him he has experience agony the likes of which they could never know (being assaulted and "existence" raped by the beyonder..who was dissecting him across every level of existence..across all points in time in his life on a mental physical and spiritual level and he showed not only did he resist this unending torture but he willed himself together again and usurped control of the guys powers mind attack no less) I could see the Vong totally going for the guy but pain isn't his typical shtick so they may have reform their culture around their new jesus figure

I'd stick with Joker or DP though honestly Joker might be too much even for the vong but seeing a cosmic army of clown faced monsters being lead by the clown prince of crime is kinda appealing

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:30 am

i disagree on deadpool only because i don't think he would want any part of it and i've always had the feeling that he doesn't ENJOY pain so much as he's become incredibly used to it. i think the melting thing is more just because it's something unique that doesn't happen to him very often.. except for the time in his own series when his powers went all nuts and he was basically a liquid held together by his suit for a while. which i hated, personally, just for the absolute insanity of it.

you have a good one with doom, as he would do whatever it took to get hold of the power of the vong, if he knew the love of pain would help him i'm sure he would have no problem APPEARING to love pain for as long as it took to gain complete control - at which point that would go out the window as quickly as possible.

while the joker is the greatest comic book villain of all time, and i'm sure he could hold it together long enough to gain control of the vong (provided this was initiated by them as i don't think the joker would really care one way or the other) at some point he would inevitably lose his control of his 'mask' of rational thought and behavior and sink back into his 'normal' state of depraved insanity. i don't know how many vong he could kill in interesting and humorous ways for no apparent reason before they kicked him the fuck out, but i think it would definitely happen eventually.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 am

mojo wrote:i disagree on deadpool only because i don't think he would want any part of it and i've always had the feeling that he doesn't ENJOY pain so much as he's become incredibly used to it. i think the melting thing is more just because it's something unique that doesn't happen to him very often.. except for the time in his own series when his powers went all nuts and he was basically a liquid held together by his suit for a while. which i hated, personally, just for the absolute insanity of it.
it entirely depends deadpool in recent years seems to have become the comic book embodiment of 4chan
mojo wrote: you have a good one with doom, as he would do whatever it took to get hold of the power of the vong, if he knew the love of pain would help him i'm sure he would have no problem APPEARING to love pain for as long as it took to gain complete control - at which point that would go out the window as quickly as possible.
then again the man considers Shi'ar tech which is between culture and time lord..to be beneath his want..may not be all that interested in the vong..but he could control the horde
mojo wrote:while the joker is the greatest comic book villain of all time, and i'm sure he could hold it together long enough to gain control of the vong (provided this was initiated by them as i don't think the joker would really care one way or the other) at some point he would inevitably lose his control of his 'mask' of rational thought and behavior and sink back into his 'normal' state of depraved insanity. i don't know how many vong he could kill in interesting and humorous ways for no apparent reason before they kicked him the fuck out, but i think it would definitely happen eventually.
the man went to Walmart one day bought some house hold chemicals..then got some stuff from a college and then got some stuff from a hobby shop...and created a poison gas powerful enough to Jokerize friggen Doomsday and Darkseid turning them into demented dim witted joker copies..in one else world..while those stories aren't canon at all..this is the type of cartoonish stuff joker does pull off

we may end up with a cosmic horde of "clown vong"

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:28 am

i don't think making joker a character of godlike intellect makes a whole hell of a lot of sense personally. he's just built up and up and up and it seems pointless considering he's basically a guy who 'had a bad day' and went nuts. i don't argue that it could happen - he most likely could force the vong to submit - but i would argue that it shouldn't.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:32 am

i'd also say that what's happening to dp as he gets more and more popular is a sad thing. you know, i remember when he was a once in a blue moon side character in x-force, before he even had any powers. back then i just thought, 'what a dumb costume'. then he got his own mini- which was awesome, and another- which was also awesome, etc, etc, and finally his own ongoing- which was AWESOME. then the book got shitcanned and 'agent x' came along- which, even though it wasn't even deadpool, was in my opinion the absolute pinnacle of the character. to me, it's all been downhill from there, downhill to the point i don't even read his new series. i mean, it started out with a story where deadpool hangs out with zombie deadpool head. wtf? there is a point where something becomes so absurd it's no longer funny.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:28 am

mojo wrote:i don't think making joker a character of godlike intellect makes a whole hell of a lot of sense personally. he's just built up and up and up and it seems pointless considering he's basically a guy who 'had a bad day' and went nuts. i don't argue that it could happen - he most likely could force the vong to submit - but i would argue that it shouldn't.
he is and he isn't he's at various points come off like a Doom or Luthor lite..but usually he's so completely insane he isn't capable of operating close to that type of competency but he is..one has to remember intellectually potent enough to be a half decent threat to batman..is always going to be dangerously smart just not normally on that high level

as for DP the only thing thats really god like about him is that he is truly immortal..which has more to do with Death having fallen in love with him..and her cheating on Thanos with DP when ever pool "died" before his regen bailed him out they'd have quickies (good lord this is a sick thought) Thanos found out got pissed and banned him from death

he's still a street level guy though..not really over powered his martial art skill got good enough that he could briefly hang with daredevil and shang chi..but he's still not bullet timing or anything...

what's gotten outragious is how the guys gone from a funny snarky character to..essentially a 4can style troll and a border line Toonforcer..which is pretty annoying

the last thing a character like deadpool needs is toonforce

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:13 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:
mojo wrote:i don't think making joker a character of godlike intellect makes a whole hell of a lot of sense personally. he's just built up and up and up and it seems pointless considering he's basically a guy who 'had a bad day' and went nuts. i don't argue that it could happen - he most likely could force the vong to submit - but i would argue that it shouldn't.
he is and he isn't he's at various points come off like a Doom or Luthor lite..but usually he's so completely insane he isn't capable of operating close to that type of competency but he is..one has to remember intellectually potent enough to be a half decent threat to batman..is always going to be dangerously smart just not normally on that high level

as for DP the only thing thats really god like about him is that he is truly immortal..which has more to do with Death having fallen in love with him..and her cheating on Thanos with DP when ever pool "died" before his regen bailed him out they'd have quickies (good lord this is a sick thought) Thanos found out got pissed and banned him from death

he's still a street level guy though..not really over powered his martial art skill got good enough that he could briefly hang with daredevil and shang chi..but he's still not bullet timing or anything...

what's gotten outragious is how the guys gone from a funny snarky character to..essentially a 4can style troll and a border line Toonforcer..which is pretty annoying

the last thing a character like deadpool needs is toonforce
Deadpool knows he is in a comic, is the star, and knows he is a popular character. That is Cosmic Awareness beyond almost any comic book characters. Add in Deadpool's power of common sense, and he is one of the most powerful beings in all of comics.^_^

There are those who would argue the Joker is sane, and that is why he is so crazy.^_^

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:very important question..is the opening poster allowing predator EU? if so are these young bloods? elders? bad bloods or what ever the renegade preds are called or..friggen Ancients?

because the older the pred the more dangerous and broken they get in the EU
EU is allowed. And no, not young bloods. These would be elders. This is why I thought it would be less in favor of the Jedi. But, I'll admit, Luke does kind of break it.

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:45 am

Take Luke out and make Corran the leader.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight wrote:Take Luke out and make Corran the leader.
so these aren't the ancients then? these are a horde of scareface and above level predators?

I'd actually give it to the Jedi still because some of the really balls to the wall insane feats they've shown in the EU but there gonna be a good deal of Dead Jedi the vong are gonna get mauled though there'd be casualties man

I've got a bad ass mental image of SF stripping down his armor to challenge mace windu to hand to hand with master BMF obliging...but since its Jainahere ..who's basically a poor mans version of her predecessors it's not nearly as awesome