A Little Challenge...

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Khas
Starship Captain

A Little Challenge...

Post by Khas » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Which fandom would you least want to be associated with, the Furry, or Twilight fandoms?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: A Little Challenge...

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Twilight fandom... the books you mean?
Furries. At least I can manage, I think... the syrupy Twilight gayish vampire-wannabes stuff.
Your question is sick, though.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Twilight fandom... the books you mean?
Furries. At least I can manage, I think... the syrupy Twilight gayish vampire-wannabes stuff.
Your question is sick, though.
I'd want to least be associated with the Twilight fandom, because if experience has taught me anything about those two groups, the Furries are the lesser of the two evils. Granted, for the Furries, we have the "Yiff-Yiff" types, who's heads have appointments with a frying pan, but most of the Furries I know can behave in a civillized way in most environments.

The same can not be said about Twilight fans. Some of them behave so outrageously, that they make the people "ILikeDeathNote" knows in the WH40K fandom seem like functional members of society. Because as far as I know, no Furry or 40K Fan (Or FurryK Fan, because, yes, there are those people out there) has ever done any of the following to people who didn't like their hobby:

-Tried to drown someone.

-Jabbed their fingernails in someone's eye.

-Wrote "Fucking Whore" on someone's car.

-Broke someone's arm in two places.

-Drew knives at people.

Here's a link for more:
http://twilightsucks.proboards.com/in...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Your link to that board website doesn't work for some reason. As for which I fandom I would prefer to be stuck with, well that's a tough one to answer since the worst of both of those fandoms is really quite bad, though as far as I know, no one in Furry fandom has attempted murder, physical harm, or other extreme acts in that regard. Even still, it's a tough call between psychopathic Twilight fans and bizarre, sexually deviant Furry lifestylers.

In a comparison of the materials produced, Furry is better simply because it is only about appreciation of funny animal/anthromorphics; it is not centereed strictly about a single story franchise, and has produced a number of comics and webcomics that are actually quite well-thought out and well illustrated. Examples include Erma Felna EDF, Usagi Yojimbo, Omaha the Cat Dancer, Freefall, and Sabrina Online.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:37 pm

On the Twilight note, some people have formed religions around Stephanie Meyer.

What.... The.... Fuck......?

If you're going to found a religion centered around an author, at least have it be a good one, like Heinlein, Asimov, or Tolkien!!!

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Okaaaay.... Unfortunately it wouldn't be the first time that a kooky religion was formed around a mediocre author that has bizzare practices and methods with regards to dealing with critics.
-Mike