Why Connor hates the Tau

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
The Dude
Jedi Knight

Re: Why Connor hates the Tau

Post by The Dude » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:11 pm

More like Slaanesh. Khorne is more of a dark red, brass kind of guy.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:46 pm

The Dude wrote:More like Slaanesh. Khorne is more of a dark red, brass kind of guy.

I know. I was just making a joke.

KILL YOUR PARENTS
Padawan

Post by KILL YOUR PARENTS » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:53 pm

You're both wrong, it's Tzeentch. Or at least the Pink Horrors :p
Khas wrote:Wait, where was this? I've been to both 40K wikis, and I haven't seen that. I don't have the novels or the games, (Found out about 40K in EG Magazine when Dawn of War came out, most of my knowledge comes from the wikis or from friends who do play the games) but I'm sure that something like that would be on the wikis!
There's a few passing mentions in the Dawn of War games to Tau setting up "re-education camps" and killing resisting civilians.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Just out of curiosity, would Connor go apeshit if he saw this?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:43 am

Khas wrote:Just out of curiosity, would Connor go apeshit if he saw this?
Some fans seemed pissed off that the 5th Edition was presenting the Imperium on a very sharp decline. The Fall of Ultramar could very well be penned by GW if they wanted to and, somehow, it would not surprise me much, although they'd have to keep the humans still fierce enough to offer a complete gaming picture. That said, it would probably not wait the 42nd Millennium.
That said, due to the size of the Tau, it could disappear just as fast if one of the major forces focused much more power against them specifically.
The Tau were put into WH40K probably to give the game a race that's closer to typical SF we get served with: sleek and solid designs, feeling futuristic, japanized and so on. The Tau clearly fill a niche and I feel that we will not see them loose power nor representation.