How would the StarGate universe be like 400 years in the fut

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

How would the StarGate universe be like 400 years in the fut

Post by PunkMaister » Sat May 02, 2009 1:13 am

How do you think the SG universe would look like at the time period of TNG? With all the tech they have now at their disposal and 400 years to thinker and improve if possible such tech? Would they become a sort of intergalactic federation? What?

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Sat May 02, 2009 2:59 am

What you're asking for is basically a completely different show/universe, albeit a spin-off.

Enosh
Padawan

Post by Enosh » Sat May 02, 2009 9:50 am

handwave opening a stargate (by that episode where they get first into the past, then a bit into the future) althrough that's only some 50 years, I think she had some portable energy device on her hand, like the asgard do

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat May 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Didn't the Nox handwaved the Event Horizon as well, controlling and stabilizing it so graciously that they didn't have to deal with the shock reflux?
Or am I mixing it with the Asgards?

Enterprise E
Bridge Officer

Post by Enterprise E » Sat May 02, 2009 4:40 pm

I think that they both handwaved the event horizon without the shock reflux. I know for a fact that the Asgard could.

Enosh
Padawan

Post by Enosh » Sat May 02, 2009 6:20 pm

yeah I think both did it, nox when SG1 was getting of their planet (not so sure about this one, didn't watch that episode in ages)

and asgard did it when Thor came to pick up Carter for a trip to their home galaxy in order to help them against the replicators, he handwave opened the SG to a another galaxy by just the small device on his hand (SG1 at that time didn't have a zpm that could provide the power to open the gate to the ida galaxy (or wherever asgard are from), so the whole power (or atleast a large part of it, sine the gate opening didn't produce any strain on the SG1 power system) came from that small device, also without producing the "whoosh" thingy iirc