If the Jaffa and Klingons met, how would they react?

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:57 am

The Corporal wrote:
PunkMaister wrote: Which proves my my point that he was a power hungry megalomaniac.
Really. Because I don't see that in your post at all.
Funny since my contention all along is that they are supremacists on both sides and supremacists are always power hungry manics be it in fiction or real life.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:57 am

The Corporal wrote:
PunkMaister wrote: Which proves my my point that he was a power hungry megalomaniac.
Really. Because I don't see that in your post at all.
Funny since my contention all along is that they are supremacists on both sides and supremacists are always power hungry manics be it in fiction or real life.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:06 am

PunkMaister wrote:
Oh really? What Klingons in a position of power have demonstrated that? K'mpec was a reasonable, intelligent individual as was Gorkon. Gowron certainly didn't start out as a nutter, he even thanked Worf for killing Duras.

We can safely discard any examples from the KDF, as star ship commanders don't set foreign policy.

As for the Jaffa, who in their ranks is a supremacist? Bre'Tak? The guy that worked with O'Neal on numerous occasions?

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:30 am

The Corporal wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:Oh really? What Klingons in a position of power have demonstrated that? K'mpec was a reasonable, intelligent individual as was Gorkon. Gowron certainly didn't start out as a nutter, he even thanked Worf for killing Duras.

We can safely discard any examples from the KDF, as star ship commanders don't set foreign policy.

As for the Jaffa, who in their ranks is a supremacist? Bre'Tak? The guy that worked with O'Neal on numerous occasions?
OK I think you are going by on the misconception that I am alleging that such people represent the majority on either side when that is not the case. Buth then again all it takes is one one nutter or 2 to make a mess of things. Yes for the most part both are very honorable and reasonable people but the danger from nutters cannot be denied. Not that we humans do not have nutters or our own anyway represented by Section 9 in ST and "The Trust" in SG (well at least before the Goa'uld took over them)

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:35 am

PunkMaister wrote: OK I think you are going by on the misconception that I am alleging that such people represent the majority on either side when that is not the case. Buth then again all it takes is one one nutter or 2 to make a mess of things. Yes for the most part both are very honorable and reasonable people but the danger from nutters cannot be denied. Not that we humans do not have nutters or our own anyway represented by Section 9 in ST and "The Trust" in SG (well at least before the Goa'uld took over them)
Section 31 actually but yeah I get you.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:09 am

The Corporal wrote:
PunkMaister wrote: OK I think you are going by on the misconception that I am alleging that such people represent the majority on either side when that is not the case. Buth then again all it takes is one one nutter or 2 to make a mess of things. Yes for the most part both are very honorable and reasonable people but the danger from nutters cannot be denied. Not that we humans do not have nutters or our own anyway represented by Section 9 in ST and "The Trust" in SG (well at least before the Goa'uld took over them)
Section 31 actually but yeah I get you.
Glad to see we finally came to an understanding!

enigma
Candidate

Post by enigma » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:58 am

PunkMaister wrote:
The Corporal wrote:They'd probably just have a beer, their pretty much the same thing. One set is just lacking a bumpy forehead.
True they share their sense of honor and warrior lifestyle but at the same time will the Klingons be able to look past the fact that the Jaffa are essentially genetically enhanced humans created by the Goa'uld to be their servants and foot soldiers ages ago. The fact that the appearance is still human and that they do not like humans very much in the first place could play a role in all this. So they will probably in some instances forge friendships and alliances but they will probably be at us and distrust each other just as much.
Then they'd be complete hypocrites as the Klingons employed modified versions of themselves in TOS. Remember the bumpless Klingons?

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:52 am

enigma wrote:Then they'd be complete hypocrites as the Klingons employed modified versions of themselves in TOS. Remember the bumpless Klingons?
As I recall Enterprise made clear that the bumpless Klingons came about as a result of a genetic experiment gone awry that in turn came about after the Klingons encountered human augments and got their collective booties kicked as a result. But yeah those that fell that way about the Jaffa would indeed be hypocrites.