Project: Stargate Milky Way galaxy Map!

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Project: Stargate Milky Way galaxy Map!

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:39 pm

OK since it is obvious that no good actual star chart galaxy map of the Milky Way galaxy exists why don't we make our own let's start with a good picture of our home galaxy with the location of Home base Earth and the Galaxy's massive core black hole correctly plotted like this:

Now since it is a pretty good sized picture people can give their best estimate of the location of other worlds in Stargate such as Chulak, Dakara, Langara, Kheb and so on...

So who wants to start? Anyone is free to use the picture and plot it's best guess and post it back here!

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 pm

If there's any way to contact Alyeska or any of the other people mentioned in that one thread a while back, and providing that they're cooperative, they might be able to give you a great deal of information. I would suspect Mr. Oragahn has probably at least some useful information or contacts as well.

I don't know if Gater.net would still be up though.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:10 pm

ILikeDeathNote wrote:If there's any way to contact Alyeska or any of the other people mentioned in that one thread a while back, and providing that they're cooperative, they might be able to give you a great deal of information. I would suspect Mr. Oragahn has probably at least some useful information or contacts as well.

What thread? The one where I posted the only apparent map made so far?
Anyhow I very much doubt Alyeska would be of any help as he has made it very clear that he loathes my guts and always has...

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 pm

PunkMaister wrote: What thread? The one where I posted the only apparent map made so far?
Not that one. Actually I don't remember what thread it was.
Anyhow I very much doubt Alyeska would be of any help as he has made it very clear that he loathes my guts and always has...
...then I guess that's out of the question, then.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:37 pm

ILikeDeathNote wrote:If there's any way to contact Alyeska or any of the other people mentioned in that one thread a while back, and providing that they're cooperative, they might be able to give you a great deal of information. I would suspect Mr. Oragahn has probably at least some useful information or contacts as well.

Gaters.net got sucked in and out, their current board reminds me of so many other communities which had to suffer the slow death induced by a massive forum reboot and thread flush.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:18 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:

Gaters.net got sucked in and out, their current board reminds me of so many other communities which had to suffer the slow death induced by a massive forum reboot and thread flush.
Sadly the faith of many old forums...

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Just because I loath someone doesn't mean I refuse to cooperate on worthy endeavors. Due to my job (Helpdesk IT) I have to help people I loath all day long. It makes good practice for SciFi discussion.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Alyeska wrote:Just because I loath someone doesn't mean I refuse to cooperate on worthy endeavors. Due to my job (Helpdesk IT) I have to help people I loath all day long. It makes good practice for SciFi discussion.
Well not sure how to take that exactly but any help in this endeavor is appreciated.