Saetedan (SG:Atlantis) vs Mandalorian(SW) Hand to hand comba

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Saetedan (SG:Atlantis) vs Mandalorian(SW) Hand to hand comba

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:55 am

If Saetedans and Mandalorians faced each other in hand to hand combat which of the 2 sides would have the upper hand no pun intended in hand to hand combat?

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:03 am

while mandalorians are "bad asses"n they seem to more of the variety of bad asses that never make a mistake and will shoot you before you even realized that they moved. I do not see them as amazing hand to hand combatants.

Dabat
Bridge Officer

Post by Dabat » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:08 am

In KotOR 2 they, the Mandalorians, were very capable in close combat, though not all focused on it. I don't know much about the Saetedans, but I would wager the the Mandalorians of the Old Republic era would at least give them a run for their money.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:31 pm

Depends on what you mean by Satedans. Originally they were nothing more then humans, but the ones that became hunted by the Wraith seemed to grow some series hand-to-hand skill. Ronon for instance fought a several hour match with Teal'c without dropping dead from exhaustion. Similarly, he took hits powerful enough to launch his own mass several meters back.

I'm not sure exactly how a human is supposed to be capable of things like that. Perhaps the Wraith somehow augmented them in order to get a better fight out of them?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 pm

If Satedans are like Ronon, then I give it to the Satedans.
They are much more impressive then any Mandalorian I've ever seen.

They're faster, stronger, and tougher then Mandalorians, and are generally bred for combat, if memory serves...