Conquer ST Earth... with... BT!

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:16 pm

The Corporal wrote:Right but these warshships can't jump on there own and have to jump to certain spots, right? And then there parasite craft have to move in system under there own power. So this really doesn't seem like much of a contest, there should be enough SF ships nearby to maul these things before they even get near Earth or at least destroy the jumpships which aren't easily replaced.
They do have to jump to particular jump point unless they have good charts of the system. Systems close to Earth are probably more likely to have good charts that could be backdated a couple hundred years astronomically; Sol system itself is especially well documented and mapped.

Earth's ships of the time can run circles around an unmodified BT warship of the period thanks to the miracle of impulse drive. This is why I recommend making the study and reverse engineering of impulse drive systems a top priority.

However, they would be engaging with plasma cannon and spatial torpedoes; phase cannon are experimental weapons the NX is about to deploy, and photonic torpedoes not deployed yet. Plasma cannon have a maximum effective range of around 10 kilometers ("Fortunate Son," "Shuttlepod One"). Spatial torpedoes are described both as being less powerful than the new phase cannons (designed to be 500 GJ) and to have similar warheads as a quarter-kiloton Romulan mine.

BT warships have better range with their weapons; both top out with nukes and usually use less powerful weapons. I don't think Earth Starfleet can do a good job of mauling the warships ship-to-ship, not without help from more powerful allies.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Conquer ST Earth... with... BT!

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:You have the resources of the BattleTech Star League at its height to throw a military expedition through time and space to the Trekverse shortly after the launch of the NX-01 Enterprise. It's a one way trip; you have to gather the fleet in one location and then launch.

Your mission is to become the lord of Earth and, by extension, most of humanity.

Your resources include anything the Star League can gather and fit in up to one hundred jump-capable ships with three months of lead time - you have your pick of talent and technology. The expedition will emerge from the portal in an uninhabited segment of space about 20 light years from Earth.

This is so... lopsided, JMS. Of course BT will win this one, no need to explain at all given how woefully small the United Earth Starfleet is in the 2150's, and the Vulcan's probable reluctance to become involved in helping Earth out (though we did see a few Vulcan ships helping to defend Earth at the end of "Stormfront, Part II").
-Mike

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:11 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:This is so... lopsided, JMS. Of course BT will win this one, no need to explain at all given how woefully small the United Earth Starfleet is in the 2150's, and the Vulcan's probable reluctance to become involved in helping Earth out (though we did see a few Vulcan ships helping to defend Earth at the end of "Stormfront, Part II").
-Mike
I think it's quite doable if you're clever, but I do think the BT side has to come into this knowing what they're looking at, at a minimum, and act to diplomatically defuse any outside intervention in the conflict.

To succeed at this, let's say you need to actually rule Earth - not momentarily overturn the current government, fight a bloody civil war for five years across the globe, and then get deposed by rebels. To say nothing of that pesky Enterprise, which probably just went to ground after Earth sent news it was being attacked by a fleet of a hundred giant warships, and is now trying to build an alliance of aliens to liberate Earth from its extradimensional conquerors.

So how would you get the reign of Star Lord Mike DiCenso to last long enough for you to consolidate your grasp on power?

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:39 pm

I caste animate dead! ;)
JediMasterSpock wrote:So how would you get the reign of Star Lord Mike DiCenso to last long enough for you to consolidate your grasp on power?
Well how I would do it is thusly( Puts on evil cap):

Presumbly Earth is going to fall to my glorious rein, a lot of nuclear equiped starships just dropped in system afterall loaded with giant heavily armed mechs, leaving my only problem securing my throne. Domestically I'd focus on cementing myself as a Lord Protector, defender of humanity/Earther against well hostile aliens. The Vulcans, who rightly or wrongly held humanity back technologically, would be the strawman to use to help unite the Terra first type movements under my banner. Long term thier pesudo-Nazi drivel is self-defeating, I'd guide humanity towards a more aliens are misguided and need our beveloence rather than they are a cancer to be expunged, but in the immedite aftermath of my conquest could prove vital in stablizing the transfer.

I'd also try and grant as much freedom to my new subjects as possible, setting up "sectors"or "counties" or what name you where they could run with only minimal oversight from myself on my black throne. I would also promise, and uphold, thier right to peacefully protest, assemble, etc and in general do everything in my power to encourage prosperity and liberity so as to defang my domestic opponets from the get go. In essence I'd try to be just what the old regime was but now we are no longer being held back by the Vulcan goverment and mankind's destiny to unite the stars is truly underway.

Conversly to this carrot method I will swiftly and viciously defend myself against violent attack. Not so much to enforce the Tarkin doctrine but to offer, however unconciously, two stark choices. Get with the program and live long and prosper or fight futivly and either killed by armed forces or captured and sent to a military tribunal. Than hung.

In this way I hope to keep disentents from becoming too much of a problem. After all it's harder to drum up support against the evil empire when said regime favors decentrilization, encourages economic liberty,is portraying himself as a defender of the human race etc.

Now "internationaly" in the short term I will have to cajole the Vulcans into not attacking me. Their ships are far superior to Earth's, whom likely gave my forces a bloody nose, and they likely have in the low hundreds of vessels, between 200-500, and end my glorious empire. The its an internal affair is my best card to play, that and the Vulcans might actually be reliefed that the violent human race stumbled and won't be venturing out into space for the immedite future.

More long term I am going to need allies. The logical starting point would be the Andorions as they are a reasonably strong, distest the Vulcans, and slightly more likely to share technology. I'd try and improve humanities relations to the "blue-skins" as early as possible, creating another block to Vulcans simply sending in a flotilla and wiping me out. Other possibles in my coalitoin of evil would be Orions, rather fragmented but strong enough as is to keep some other race from shunting down thier rather unsavory practicies, Tholians, aggressive and frequently annex outlying systems but are crystaline based race and rather unpredictable,Romulans, expansive imperialist but conversly are more treacherious than myself, Gorn, rather vicious but far from me at this time period, and the Borg, just thier tech which should be centuries ahead of my own which can be found in the form of two drones I just happen to know are buried under some ice on Earth.

Well that's how I would try at least. You may now comence pointing out the gaping holes of logic.