SFJ Shared Fanfic Universe?

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Khas
Starship Captain

SFJ Shared Fanfic Universe?

Post by Khas » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:45 am

Okay, I was re-reading some of the posts in the "Which Fanfic Universe would you rather live in?" thread, and I thought that maybe we SHOULD make a shared universe combining the FPE-verse, Tidesverse, and Terrorverse into one, and throwing the Musashi in there for good measure. Gendo, Alexander, Thrawn, Dartanis, and Vi'retess will once again form the Council of Magnificent Bastards in this universe. So, how are we going to flesh out this fusion of Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, BattleTech, Warcraft, Neon Genesis Evangelion, The Wheel of Time, Warhammer 40,000, and sonofccn's original setting? That's up to us. At the very least, this should make for an awesome RP setting.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: SFJ Shared Fanfic Universe?

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:11 am

Whoa, that will be tough, but interesting... :)

Hhhhmmm, I would wonder where the Dominion would strike, who they would attack...
Also, how would the Empire react to the Children of Adam, the Undine and Trollocks?

How would they react to giant robots that make their walkers look like little toys?

I know where the Musashi and the MACOs would fit in there, though... :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:14 am

The Ancient one would be focusing on killing all the Pro-Odo/Lars "lets make peace with the federation" and "lets actually join them..guide them openly as older brothers"

and oppressing the idiotic faction that ran the Dominion war...while replacing all the founders with "newer" younger..more fanatically loyal to his way of seeing things..changelings.

While that war in heaven is happening...the Dominion would essentially be ruled by a triad of Vi'retess, Weyoun and say the Jem'Hadar commander that Sisko met for the Iconian thing with them trying to prevent each side of their gods tearing the dominion in half by using..its military in a civil war.

Beyond that? Vi'retess may seek to actually ally the Dominion with the star league because it represents an opportunity to move his plans a long..big time.

The big question is

how long before Thanagars legions of the sons of Thoth Sejas and Commodore Krevin lead their allied task force in battle against the star league

because that would culminate with

"while our masters wage war in the skies above...let us lay into those foolish enough to touch imperial soil!

"Riddick! Riddick!! James Reynalds! I am Im'pec silver handed! Slayer of gods and tyrants! Bring your might against me that I may bathe mighty Starbreaker in your blood and send you to do battle with your ancestors! "

"God slayer, you are as greedy as you are rotund..stand aside the one with the darkness in his eyes is mine" ignites lightsaber

"Perish not lord Vader...for we still have a rematch waiting"

*Vader and Im'pec stand side by side*

with Rainbird warning Reynalds that this is not an a fight he may win...and telling Riddick the same

also you know

The exterminators in Gundams backing up EVA units...

"hey look at all those ugly bugs"

"Hey maniac! I'm gonna use that moon to take out that fleet..."

"not if if i do it first!!"

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:00 pm

Meanwhile, Seele is manipulating all the factions behind everyone's back to bring about Galactic Instrumentality, and it's up to Gendo and Fuyutsuki to put a stop to them. Oh, and the Trollocs and Megarachnids are wailing on each other.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Oh I would imagine the mad preacher and the lord of lies master of the silver hand would be right there with Gendo the entire time helping out..or encouraging his efforts from the side lines while feigning ignorance

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:07 pm

And if we wanted to TRULY make things nasty, I could reach into other franchises and pull things from there. Oh I don't know, perhaps we could have Kyubey appear, or maybe give someone a Crimson Behelit.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:46 pm

So, I was imagining the Major Powers in this setting are as follows:
United Nations Star League
Klingon Empire
Breen Confederacy
Tau Empire
Free Jaffa Nation
Dominion
Night Elf Concordat
Bajoran Republic
Ferengi Alliance
Caitian Confederation
Galactic Empire
Rebel Alliance
Voth
Undine
Trollocs & Myrdraal
Megarachnids
Cytherians

Along with whoever else shows up in FPE later. I know who they're going to be, but I'm not saying.

The Night Elf Concordat are those space-faring night elves that were mentioned by Seele, one of who's members is a night elf nobleman. Since we already met the canon Warcraft night elves in FPE, I see no reason to keep them a secret anymore. I envisioned their ships as being sleek and looking somewhat organic, while still being metallic, and they use mainly phasers and "starburst cannons" - which fire balls or beams of plasma undergoing nuclear fusion. And while their planets are ruled by nobility, nobles who try to take away the rights of the citizens - among which is the right to protest the actions of the nobility - quickly find themselves meeting the Empress, who wishes to express her... displeasure... with them.

Oh, and for the record, Warcraft (and by extension, FPE) night elves aren't shorter than humans like D&D elves tend to be. Female night elves stand between 6'2" and 7'2", and males between 6'6" and 7'6". And - in another interesting subversion of normal elven tropes - male night elves don't look like the standard Legolas or Drizzt-style androgynous, yet attractive man, rather, they tend to be built like 80's or 90's Schwarzenegger, and have really epic beards.