Which fanfic universe would you rather live in?

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Khas
Starship Captain

Which fanfic universe would you rather live in?

Post by Khas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:22 am

Well, I've decided to poll you guys to see which of these universes most of you would rather live in. Note: Since "The Long Journey" involves jumping from universe to universe, I couldn't really include it.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: Which fanfic universe would you rather live in?

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:45 am

personally? The Tidesverse just so I could be one of the adventurers colonizing another galaxy- I did a little braving the wilds still left in the world when I was around 18 years old..and i miss it enough to hop on the Enterprise and head to the Andromeda Galaxy

but if I had to live in the GFFA or the Milky way I'd rather live in the FPEverse- because while they have some truly nightmarish stuff the galaxies at large aren't a bunch of terrified minor powers waiting for the giants to start a death match

and the Terrorverse is just too cthululoid filled for me to want to live there

yeah I'd go with colonist in the tidesverse or resident of FPE

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:07 am

FPE verse for me, since humans have some nice toys to take care of the bad guys... :)

Of course, could I become the next James Reynolds, I'd live in the Shadowrun universe... :)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Well the FPE verse appears to be in the midst of a titanic battle for power, one which could go either way. Further the best hope for the good guys appear to rest in gentlmen of say we sall loose morals. Simply put in the in this verse I'd likely end up fracked over by Gendo, eaten by an Eldritch Abomination or some combination of the two.

The Terrorverse proper is ,if anything, worse. Consisting of a splinter GE on one end and various scales of Eldritch Abominations on the other with the hardly nice Cytherians {Snake-people} somewhere in between its a pretty tough place.

Conversely in the Tidverse proper the Federation is the dominant if not sole power of the Alpha quadrent and while there are brushwars along its frontier it is itself not threatened by either of the other two "big players". I could most likely live out my life free and clear without worry something large and horrible was going to sneak up on me. Plus Space Tyrannosaurus Rex! So I vote Tides.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:45 pm

You know what, sonofccn, I agree with you...
So I change my vote to Tidesverse... And decide I am James Reynolds in the Tidesverse... :)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Praeothmin wrote:You know what, sonofccn, I agree with you...
So I change my vote to Tidesverse...
[Mallus Tyler's sinister voice] Just as planned...[/Mallus Tyler's sinister voice] ;)

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Holy crap, I just had a mental image of Gendo Ikari, Mallus Tyler, and Alexander Rozhenko forming the Council of Magnificent Bastards, as they plan to manipulate everything and everyone to further their shared goal. Whatever that is.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:49 pm

you know? an series of one shot crossover fics wouldn't be so bad

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:29 am

With each of us writing a chapter, one after another?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:41 am

So, the fanfics used would be:

The Tides of History
(Star Trek/Star Wars crossover)

A New Terror
(Star Wars/Original Setting crossover)

Fluid Power Evangelion
(Star Trek/BattleTech/Warcraft/Stargate/Warhammer 40,000/The Wheel of Time/Neon Genesis Evangelion crossover)

The Long Journey
(Shadowrun/Star Trek/Battlestar Galactica/Aliens/Halo/Forgotten Realms/Chronicles of Riddick/Star Wars crossover)

This will either be the most epic or most convoluted fanfic of all time. Probably both.
Last edited by Khas on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Well I'm always game if you guys are. :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:09 am

beauty was the first thought of Admiral Antarez as the vessel exited hyperspace, he gazed deeply down on the pale blue gem of a world hung between several others orbiting a vast purple gas giant that had been once known as the Bane of Hasthur an ancient Jedi General and his republican allies had cornered a sith fleet led by this Lord Hasthur the butcher of children here. Sith Corsairs were powerful swift vessels that struck like lightening and left burning ruins where once had been cities and ships a wolf pack of corsairs would attack the larger more heavily armed (and slower) republic vessels unleashing a hellish assault of energy weaponry while the republic was still using mostly kinetic slugs. Old and stagnant some had said and unable to adapt, the republic lost world after world, system after system. Until Ord Tyrus the munitions depot and factory on this pretty blue gem, originally a commerce world and a small Jedi outpost, the war had made it a key strategic location due to the proximity of Sith used hyperlanes. Ord Tyrus and her mother gas giant, their gravity well proved to be the Corsairs undoing.

The Jedi General, his or her name lost to time had a smaller fleet, Hasthur vainglorious and predatory jumped his entire fleet out between the gas giant and the Jedi's fleet, attempting to use superior numbers and their nimble craft to their advantage to rush them to swarm the slow moving more primitive brutes. slow though they were, their engines were stronger. In his eagerness Hasthur had exited hyperspace too close to the gas giant, a dozen of his ships were pulled in before the battle began and humbled and slowed by fighting near and within the giants atmosphere the Jedi forces plowed through them, in six hours of horrific fighting the Siths main advantage was broken, the momentum of the war shifted and the Republic closed the technological gap

the Jedi temple was expanded, the commerce towns gave way to ancient military out posts who kept silent watch.

Six thousand years later Antarez could feel the memories of all those guardians, they still watched, only for a new kind of enemy.

Antarez eagerly read a battle report from commander Krevin , apparently he had been successful in repulsing Captain Kirkingers fleet, Luke Skywalker and James Reynalds had engaged Darth Vader and Im'pec the silver handed in personal combat while the Ancient one had reportedly crippled an EVA unit after taking the form of a great black dragon.

what the Dominion was doing in this battle was anybodies guess, the mad preacher had immediately stopped making speeches when the invasion from the Star league began and the entirety of the Dominion fleet was said to be concentrated around the Leviathan base and Red Dawn - an eerie silence and lack of action.

So far the war had been solely against the Galactic and Klingon Empires and Antarez was unsure why the Dominion was not taking advantage of this.

But he was sure this meeting had everything to do with it. Walking towards his guest room he stopped gazing at the blue skinned Chiss he bowed deeply his respect for Grand Admiral Thrawn burning bright, beside him stood a tall lanky figure with light brown hair, an oddity for Klingon, his amber eyes burned and he could tell by the red tunic and guilded armor that this was Lord Roshzenko The Silver handed ones master and perhaps the true mastermind behind the Imperial throne. Antarez nodded to him curtly "A shuttle has been prepped and is ready"

the ride to the ancient ruins was silent, Rich boy gazed back at the two men who simply sat there, their eyes meeting fire seemingly flicking before them as they passed reports between each other. Silent perhaps but he got the feeling the two were holding an entire conversation making countless plans within plans in those moments of silence before the shuttle landed.

"I have to commend the Jedi, my Lord Grand Admiral for a people so rigid in their vows of charity and poverty they seemed to have created some truly magnificent temples and castles" Alexander said

"the cracks beneath the mask of piety I believe Lord Roshzenko" Thrawn said and Alexander nodded "yes but still formidable and deadly, I see the mask cracking but I also see incredible potency behind it" the two agreed "it is of masks I wish to speak my lord Klingon"

"Indeed" Alexander asked as they walked and for the briefest of moments Rich boy thought he saw something menacing in the Klingon fops eyes. "You know who sent for us don't you?" he asked "Yes" Alexander said "do you?" he asked with a smile. Thrawn merely pushed the doors open "perhaps"

as they entered the room Thrawns eyes narrowed, he saw leaning against the wall a shaggy haired Al-Aurian Admiral who he recognized as the man who led the vanguard of the star league, the false Admiral Thrawn was convinced of it. Too much the man said spook, spy, manipulator, liar, mercenary but not soldier not for a long time. "Interesting" the thousand year old star leaguer said with a grin

"I should say the same, for the briefest of seconds I thought this was a peace conference" Dartanis remarked "that you had called me for that"

"and what convinced you otherwise?" Thrawn asked. Dartanis waved his hand to the corner of the monastery where an Asian looking man with thick glasses was sitting, a cold stern look on his features. "Lord Alexander Roshzenko first lord of house Roshzenko house brother to Drex son of Martok and uncle to the new Emperor T'nag " Gendo listed his full titles leaving the implications "match maker, manipulator and architect of this entire war" or at least he reasonably suspected it, only to what purpose "Grand Admiral Thrawn, exiled noble elite strategist and hand of the emperor" he added. Thrawn smirked this man disliked pretense in such situations, excellent

The genocidal Al-Aurian had obviously not summoned him neither had Alexander nor Grand Thrawn the Emperors hand that left. "you know much about me" Thrawn said "and no doubt Alexander and Dartanis know of you, but as for me I am at a loss as to who you are"

"oh I doubt that's true" a voice called from the shadows, every man in the rooms eyes locked onto it Alexander and Dartanis smiled. Thrawn nodded and Gendo folded his hands in a pyramid over the table each man confirming their suspicions it seemed.

To Thrawn the figure that walked into view reminded him of a figure he had seen upon reviewing the art of the star league. Their capital world had a visual medium called television before holograms and he recalled a "public tv" program run by a gentle priest who always prattled on about how pretty the morning in his community was at the onset of every segment. That gentle, deep eyed, disarming, all friendly looking grandfather figure now stood before him. Only with purple skin and deeply white hair

"in fact I'm quite certain you know exactly who Mister Ikari and every single one of us happens to be" he said smiling his warm jovial smile

"Vi'retess" Dartanis said the others gazed silently

The Vorta nodded "The Al-Aurian people are known even to the founders, what the Borg did is a shame, may your species rebound and flourish" he turned and gazed at Thrawn

ten years ago they had met in a battle, a battle that despite the technological gap at the time had nearly cost the Dominion the foothold they had on this galaxy. "you've recovered" he said nodding

"I regret I haven't brought my fleet"

"Nor I" Vi'retess said "however it is of fleets I wish to speak of"

'oh? The Dominion wants to broker peace between the klingons, the Empire and the league?" Dartanis asked

Vi'retess smiled "and ruin somebodies hard work?" he asked gazing at Gendo and Alexander both with a mirthful smile, which ever one had started this he would let them both speculate as to if he truly knew. "no on the contrary, I see this as beneficial"

"to whom?" Thrawn inquired

"all of us" he said with his typical affectionate smile and then with a gesture several seats a table and a full feast appeared and several servants with ales and spices joined them "come, the hour is late all of you had a long journey, I'm sure you are hungry and we have much to discuss"

So guys...what do you think?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Damn, you've packed it to the brim...

I like all the possibilities this presents, though it maybe hard to write...

Nice first approach, but I think we should perhaps try to outline the story first... :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:03 am

well that was just to show you that it could in theory be done

wasn't meant to start anything off or anything

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:57 pm

@ Breetia:

What do I think? I think it was bloody marvelous. Great work!

Well other than it stopped just at its greatest point leaving us hanging. ;)
Praeothmin wrote:Nice first approach, but I think we should perhaps try to outline the story first... :)
Well, just throwing ideas, maybe, to build from Breetia's excellent offering, I was thinking that due to some great celestial threat, perhaps the "Children of Adam" whatever they are, Vi'retess and the rest need to send a joint team of bad arses, Rainbird, James ect, to some far away and obscure planet to retrieve some Ancient super weapon. Say a planet Anubis, who as partially ascended should have survived the fall of the system lords, now rules over as devil-god/dark lord and has Mordorfied it to the hilt with dark, tortorously twisted versions of PDF's, Maco's, Mechs and everything.

Or I could just be insane and babbling.