Fluid Power Evangelion, Book I

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Khas
Starship Captain

Re: Fluid Power Evangelion, Book I

Post by Khas » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:09 am

If some of you are put off by me introducing more fantasy elements into FPE, just remember, I said right from the beginning that Warcraft was going to be a part of it, and I said in the "From One World To Another" thread (back in 2011, no less!) that the Night Elves were going to be in this. It's not like I just pulled it out of my ass just now.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:48 am

Cool Amberley Vail! Any chance we might see her in action or was it merely a shout out?

And I certainly don't have issue with fantasy elements as long as it has action and larger than life heroes.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks. :)

And no, it wasn't just a shout-out. And while we won't see too much of her, the main character from the novel series she appears in will have a role in this fanfic.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Chapter Twenty-Two

Gendo was genuinely surprised. For the first time in a while, the entire Galactic Instrumentality Committee - Seele's inner circle - was present for one of its holo-conferences. Presumably brought on both by the recent activation of Units 05 and 12, but also the discovery of what was believed to be one of Adam's Children at NERV's Valhalla branch. Of course, the success of the pilots of Units 01 and 07 in synching with their Evas was also a high-priority topic, and would almost certainly be discussed.

"Are you certain that Vail and her team found one of Adam's Spawn?" Chairman Kiel Lorenz began.

"Almost positive." Gendo replied. "The quantum fluctuations the creature give off are an almost identical match to what was predicted, as well as to those observed at the Eden Incident twenty-one years ago, albeit much less powerful. This, coupled with the entity's extremely unusual biochemistry, makes it almost certain that they have found one."

"Have the proper security measures been taken?" A middle-aged Bajoran man asked. "The last thing we want is for one of those things to go on an unchecked rampage. Especially with such sensitive equipment in the area."

"They have, or at least, the best they could do. They placed it in a cubical chamber with ten-meter-thick sides, composed of the same tritanium-trinium-duranium mix that makes up starship hulls. As well as erecting multiple Level-15 security force fields."

"However, we won't know if it's one of Adam's Children for certain until it wakes up." the vulpine man said. "The only way we'll know for sure is if it starts projecting an A.T. Field. Speaking of which, Unit-05 has activated, has it not?"

"That is correct." Gendo said. "The pilot has also been identified, and is beginning her training, just as the Unit-02 pilot is finishing hers, and should be ready to move to Earth fairly soon."

"Frankly, I'm amazed Unit-05 was able to activate at all." a Nausicaan man sad. "Considering the extensive refitting that was necessary for all its experimental equipment to work, and how extremely close it went to going over-budget - no small feat, might I add, considering that the cost of maintaining an Evangelion is enough to bankrupt a small colony world - the fact that its Activation Test was a success is nothing short of a miracle."

"In other news..." the Jaffa who was once Sokar's First Prime began, "the Undine have destroyed five more planets. Their bioships were reported flying out of fluidic space, obliterating their targets, and flying back in." A hologram of the sectors of space where the Undine attacked appeared before the Committee. Footage from probes showed each planet cracking before exploding in a cloud of molten debris, as well as displaying the names of each world. "What's odd though, is that none of the planets destroyed were at strategic locations. Nor were any of them inhabited. In fact, the third one destroyed was the only one that supported life, and it was Class-L. We've also ruled out any mineral wealth those planets might have had."

"But the Undine never do anything without a reason." the vulpine man replied. "There must be some cause for them to select those planets for destruction."

"I'm sure we'll find out why some other time." Michael Patrick, Earth's representative on the Committee, and Vice-President of the United Nations Star League, said. "What we should focus on is the fact that contact has recently been established with your people's homeworld." he said, pointing to the purple-skinned man with green hair and long, tapering ears.

"My species' homeworld, yes." the night elf began. "But not with my people."

"I'm sorry, I forgot about the exile of your particular group." Patrick replied. "In any case, we have identified a world where contact between your people and those of most of the other members of the Committee can establish First Contact." He held out a small device, which revealed a holographic image of an unremarkable Class-M Planet. "This, is Cayomis. Currently being used as a base by forces loyal to Ba'al, last of the System Lords. Given our people's mutual less-than-stellar relations with the Goa'uld, it would be a good site for First Contact. Wouldn't you agree?" The night elf man nodded.

"Agreed. An 'acidental' joining of our forces will occur there. How many ships will you be sending?"

"About, oh, thirty. The UNSS Enterprise will lead the attack." Patrick replied.

"Enterprise..." the Jaffa began. "That's your people's flagship, isn't it? The one with the android captain?"

"Correct."

"So then." Kiel Lorenz began again. "Once First Contact is established with your people, they will sign the Vatican Treaty, allowing the fielding of even more Evas. Do not forget, though, that if the recently discovered creature turns out to be a Child of Adam, it is a sign. A sign that the Time of the Covenant with Lilith is nearing, and that our hand moves towards Instrumentality for all sentient beings in the galaxy." The holo-emitters dimmed, and the lights turned back on, leaving Gendo alone in the conference room. He pressed a communicator on his desk.

"Fuyutsuki." he began.

"Yes?" came the reply.

"I need you to run through the Section 31 files that Intelligence managed to get a hold of, and see if you can find info on the following planets..." Gendo typed the names of the worlds destroyed by the Undine into the computer on his desk, which was sent to the one at Fuyutsuki's location. "And see what they have in common."

"Understood."

L5X-3117

Shandris raced through Ashenvale Forest, dodging tree branches as she ran and leaped over fallen logs and tree stumps. The news she had to deliver to Tyrande concerning these newcomers was urgent. After spending over an hour of hearing their conversations, she had learned a great deal about who they were. The ones with pink or brown skin were called "humans", while the ones with the helmets with the elongated parts covering their mouths, and who spoke in a bizarre, harsh voice were known as "Breen". Not only were they not from Azeroth, but they were each from separate planets as well. They were just as alien to each other as they were to this world. And yet, they had one thing in common with the night elves. They were enemies of the Burning Legion.

Or rather, the Breen were. The humans, it seemed, had never run into the Legion before, and while they had their old tales of demons, they were largely dismissed as those told by primitive folk, whose knowledge of the brain and its health was rather limited. The Breen, on the other hand, had been enemies with the Legion as soon as they had made contact with them.

After running for quite some time, Shandris entered the clearing where the village of Tel'nor'shan stood. A horn sounded by one of her sisters-in-arms announced her arrival in the village, but still, she continued to run. The news had to be delivered as quickly as possible, since it had information about a possible way to defeat the oldest and most hated enemy of the night elf people.

It had taken a few minutes, but eventually, Shandris had found Tyrande. The priestess was in the Temple of Elune, praying to the moon goddess, when Shandris walked in, out of breath.

"Priestess Tyrande!" she began. "I have... important news.... concerning the outsiders." Shandris continued, trying to catch her breath.

"Oh?" Tyrande Whisperwind asked. "Explain."

"It seems that... they are on our world... trying to find a weapon to use... against the Legion." That caught Tyrande's attention.

"Are you sure it was the demons they mentioned?" she asked.

"Affirmative. Some of the things they said.... were too specific for it to be coincidence."

"Such as?"

"Names... names of the leaders of the Legion. Archimonde. Kil'jaeden. Mannoroth. Tichondrius. All four of those names were mentioned by the outsiders who call themselves the Breen."

"So, that's what the outsiders are known as." Tyrande began.

"Only some of them. The others are called humans. And... they come from two separate worlds."

"And they both have fought the Legion?" Tyrande asked. Shandris shook her head.

"Only the Breen have. The humans think that the Legion might exist, but are rather simply raiders travelling from world to world than actual demons." Tyrande chuckled slightly.

"If only that were true, Shandris. If only that were true."

"So, did you find anything those worlds have in common?" Gendo asked Fuyutsuki.

"Only this." Fuyutsuki replied, pushing a button on a holo-emitter. "An unusual energy signature was detected at each of those planets. When those planets were destroyed, the energy signatures disappeared." Fuyutsuki turned to Gendo, who had now raised an eyebrow in interest. "What's wrong?" Gendo reached into a cabinet on his desk, and pulled out another holo-emitter, which projected a nearly-identical energy signature.

"This is the energy signature Sloan mentioned that he found on Mars, coming from an unimaginably powerful creature, billions of years old. A creature known as a C'Tan." Fuyutsuki's eyes widened.

"Surely you don't mean one of the Star Gods the Prophecy speaks about?" Gendo nodded. "Mother of God." Fuyutsuki nearly whispered. "Well then, it seems we've at least learned something."

"Indeed." Gendo said. "We now know the Undine's goal."

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Not bad, still can't wait to figure what exactly a "children of Adam" is. Doesn't sound nice whatever it is.

And Data, I presume, is captain of the Enterprise? Cool! And I eagerly waiting to see what mischief Cain gets himself and Vail into.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Trust me, the Children of Adam are terrifying. Well, most of them are.

Also, remember when one of the Committee members said that the Children of Adam could project A.T. Fields? Well, remember that the Evas can project A.T. Fields as well (as we saw when Rand and Shinji were training, as well as the one Rei created at the Battle of Emond's Field). Only time will tell if this is a coincidence or not.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:39 pm

We're baited already, churn out a new chapter damn it... :)

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:29 pm

On another note, re-read FPE from the beginning, and see if you can piece together what's happening, or at least, get an idea of what's REALLY going on.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:26 am

Chapter Twenty-Three

Shinji stepped out of the shower, reflecting on the hours spent training in the Eva. Despite the fact that it had gotten easier as time went on, there were still several things that unnerved him. The first was the neural synchronization with the Evangelion. That had been eerie enough on its own, but there were times where he swore he could hear the Eva's thoughts in his head - thoughts belonging to an alien, inhuman, yet nurturing and protective, intelligence. Then there was the LCL, the strange orange liquid that filled the Entry Plug. The fact that such a liquid was even necessary alone was troubling, but there was also the fact that it smelled a little too much like blood for comfort. The fact that he had heard Unit-01's heartbeat - and yes, Lieutenant Stevens and Doctor Akagi had confirmed that it was an actual heart that beat inside the chest of the Evangelion - did not help matters. And last, but certainly not least, was the A.T. Field. Just, what was it? Was it projected by the organic or cybernetic parts of the Eva? Was it tied into the S2 Crystal that the Eva used for power? These, and a million other questions darted around in Shinji's mind. There's something about the Eva that just feels... wrong. he thought. It feels like they've somehow bound Cthulhu to their will, and then turned him into a weapon. Shinji grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist, before heading off to the lockers. Still, there's something oddly soothing about it. Is it the smell of the Entry Plug just before they flood it? he thought. It kinda reminds me of my mom. Shinji thought back to his mother, who had died under mysterious circumstances when he was only three. It also reminds me of... Rei.

That was when Shinji noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Turning around, he found himself face to face with Rei Ayanami herself. She stood in the far corner of the shower, nude, with rivulets of water covering her body. Her face betrayed no emotion, and her scarlet eyes seemed to pierce into his very soul - into the core of his being. Shinji stared for a few seconds, before shaking his head in disbelief. And like a will-o'-the-wisp, she was gone. Finding himself at a loss for words, he ran over to his locker, and got dressed as quickly as possible before darting out of the locker room.

NERV HQ was even more abuzz with activity than usual. Armed guards, technicians, and other personnel wandered through the halls, discussing the news of the Evangelion project, and how far it had advanced. At least, from their point of view. From the perspective of NERV's higher-ups, however, things were only beginning to fall into place.

"So," Ritsuko began. "Did you manage to get into contact with Starfleet Command?"

"Yes." Misato replied. "They seemed to agree with using the Evas to help against a possible Undine invasion of the Sol System. We'll have to test out the Impulse Wings for the Evas first, though." Ritsuko smiled.

"Well, at least we've got THAT taken care of. By the way, did you happen to ask about our alien allies, and who would help in the case of such an invasion?" she asked.

"The Caitians and the Jaffa have already confirmed that they would aid us." Misato began. "The Tau and Ferengi are considering it, as for the others..." she sighed. "With the Breen, we can't really say WHAT they'll do. The Asgard are busy finishing mop-up operations against the Replicators, and the Bajorans are currently in the middle of deciding their next Kai. Considering just how important a role their religion plays in their society, they could be bogged down for quite a while. Oh, and speaking of them, we've just received an update from NERV-Bajor. They've finished building Unit-12."

"So I've heard." Ritsuko replied. "Unit-12 should prove to be a great boost to our efforts against the Children of Adam." Ritusko's eyes narrowed, and her voice dropped to almost a whisper. "And against the C'Tan as well." Misato's eyes widened in horror.

"You don't mean...?" Ritsuko nodded. "Oh my God." Misato said. "And if they exist, then what about everything else the prophecy mentions?"

"It's too early to say." Ritsuko said, nearly shuddering. The prophecy which spoke of the awakening of the Children of Adam also spoke of other threats, the Undine and C'Tan included. However, large portions of the prophecy had disappeared over the millennia, leaving NERV - as well as their primary benefactor, the mysterious organization known only as Seele - mostly hints to go from. "However, I wouldn't doubt any of them existing as well."

Misato shuddered, before she started speaking again, clearly trying to change the subject to something a little less dark.

"Anyway, I've talked to Starfleet Command about the weapons they'll use if the Undine invade the Sol System, and they're not pulling any punches. Aside from standard starship weapons, they'll also be bringing out more... classified stuff." Ritsuko raised an eyebrow.

"Classified?" she asked.

"Stuff like protomatter missiles, gravity-wave mines, nanite-swarm bombs, isolytic burst cannons, naquadria warheads, and even thalaron weapons. And that's just what they were willing to talk to me about." Ritsuko's eyebrows shot up at this news.

"They're willing to use thalaron?" she asked. Misato nodded.

"Wouldn't you, if the threat of the Undine weighed upon you?"

"Yes, but it just seems so brutal for Starfleet to even consider using it."

"Hey, desperate situations call for desperate measures."

L5X-3117

"Did you hear that?" O'Neill asked, pointing his phaser rifle into the forest, trying to find the source of the sound in the pre-dawn light.

"Indeed." Teal'c replied. "It appears that whoever is following us has decided to make their presence known."

"Sir!" Carter shouted, looking at her tricorder. "I've got confirmed movement, from about a hundred life-signs all heading towards us!" At this news, the entire party - human, Breen, and otherwise - all raised their weapons while facing outwards, ready to intercept any attackers. Anyone foolish enough to attack would be mowed down in a barrage of phaser, bolter, tetryon, disruptor, and polaron fire in a matter of seconds. Now, the shapes of the natives were becoming clearer. Humanoids, they were somehow able to avoid detection for this long, despite having no apparent advanced technology, though that didn't rule out some form of Channelers being able to hide them. That was when a voice caught their attention. Feminine, yet powerful, it possessed an aura of authority that few could doubt.

"Lower your weapons, outlanders!" it said. As if on cue, the entirety of the party that had come to this new planet turned to face the owner of that voice, and found her. A tall, strikingly beautiful humanoid woman with violet skin, deep blue hair, and long, tapering ears stood before them, bow and arrow in her hands, not yet aimed at the assembled humans and Breen, but she seemed ready to fire it if she needed. Despite being clearly inferior to the modern weaponry they carried, an arrow could still do significant damage to exposed or unarmored flesh if fired fast enough. "Lower your weapons, and no harm will befall you." For a few tense seconds, no one moved a muscle. Then, one of the humans lowered his rifle.

"Okay, but only if you lower yours as well." Daniel Jackson replied. The alien woman nodded, and lowered her bow, before making a hand gesture to the forest. Scores of the humanoids came out, mostly women, but a few men were present as well, all lowering their weapons. On average, they stood between six and seven feet tall, and while their weapons were primitive, some possessed the aura unique to Channelers.

"Now then," the woman who was obviously their leader began. "Identify yourselves." O'Neill stepped forward.

"I'm Colonel Jack O'Neill of the United Nations Star League Stargate Command. This is Captain Gabriel Angelos of the Blood Ravens. Together, we're the leaders of the human expedition to this world." he said.

"And the others? Are they 'human' too?"

"Thankfully, no." O'Neill replied. The Breen members of the party all cast him glares that were fortunately concealed by the masks of their refrigeration suits. "These guys in the fancy suits are the Breen."

[And I am their commander, Thot Pran.]

Good, they're telling the truth. Shandris thought.

"Now then, I don't suppose you'd mind telling us who you are?" O'Neill shouted back.

"My apologies." the woman began. "I am General Shandris Feathermoon of the Night Elf Sentinel Army. Welcome to Kalimdor, outlanders."

NERV HQ, Buenos Aires, South America, Earth

"Are you certain?" Fuyutsuki asked Gendo, his eyes only now coming off of the PADD he was reading.

"Positive." Gendo Ikari replied, reviewing the sensor data. The sensors housed in Gendo's office were far more sensitive and powerful than even the ones used throughout NERV. "The A.T. Field manifested itself in the men's shower room at 1300 hours. It's pattern matches Rei's."

"So," Fuyutsuki began. "It seems Rei has started to develop an interest in your son."

"Indeed." Gendo said. "Everything so far is going according to our scenario."
Last edited by Khas on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:01 pm

Nice, but next time you write a shower scene, warn us the fic will be PG-13...
Some of us has children in the room... (ok, not really) ;)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Evangelions are creepy. Even for a Verse with long slumbering abominations waiting for the stars to align.

Good update through a little short on Gendo whom I think is becoming my favoriate character. Just as he planned I'm sure.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Nice, but next time you write a shower scene, warn us the fic will be PG-13...
Some of us has children in the room... (ok, not really) ;)
Sorry, the shower scene wasn't really meant to be "sexy" or "fanservice-y". It was meant to showcase Rei's otherworldly-ness.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:03 pm

sonofccn wrote:Evangelions are creepy. Even for a Verse with long slumbering abominations waiting for the stars to align.

Good update through a little short on Gendo whom I think is becoming my favoriate character. Just as he planned I'm sure.
Well, I guess that you'll be happy to know that - just like in the original anime - Gendo's actions will end up driving most of the plot.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:54 am

Chapter Twenty-Four

Mat was amazed at his current luck. With a lack of anything better to do, he had headed off to one of the casinos to try his hand at cards and dice, and maybe win some cash, even though he knew he'd probably lose. That hadn't been what had happened at all. Instead, he had thoroughly cleaned both his opponents' and the casino's clocks at craps and dabo - and had inadvertently drawn the attention of the two largest bouncers in the casino (an Ogryn and a Nausicaan) - and was now playing poker with twelve of the best players in the city. His opponents were mostly human, but there were also two Ferengi, a Caitian, an Oranian, and a Kroot at the table. From what he had seen, there was extra security at this game - both bouncers and cameras - to ensure no one was cheating. Mat was almost certain that he was one of the reasons, but he couldn't rule out the two Ferengi either. The absolute mountain of chips in the center was also a good reason. He had lost count, but knew that the pile was worth at least eighty-five million C-Bills, and would only get higher as the game went on.

"I fold." he heard someone say. Mat turned around to see one of the players - an overweight, middle-aged human man - place his cards face-down on the table, and put his hands behind his head, while starting to lie back. While the exit of one player from the game meant that it would speed up, it would still be a while before things got truly interesting. Mat checked his hand again. Three aces, a queen, and a jack. Good, but not good enough. he thought.

Shinji had spent quite some time trying to familiarize himself with the layout of NERV-HQ. After leaving the shower room, it took him quite a while to find, well, anything really. He had gotten nearly hopelessly lost at least twice while trying to find a turbolift, and was nearly tricked by Lieutenant Graves into walking into the women's shower room before Lieutenant Hicks gave him the right directions. To make matters weirder, upon arriving just outside the Command Bridge, he found Rand, Misato, and several technicians all with their faces in the palm of their hands, while a blonde, dippy-looking lieutenant with reddish skin around his neck and head walked away, slightly disoriented. Shinji finally spoke up after staring in disbelief at the situation.

"Um, what was that?" he asked. Everyone in the room turned to face him.

"Oh, hey Shinji." Misato began. "That, was Lieutenant Donny Rembrandt. And as for why we're all like this, well, he got his head stuck in a food replicator." Silence filled the room as Shinji processed what he had just been told.

"What?"

"You heard me." Shinji stuttered for a few seconds, before finally speaking again.

"How could anyone be stupid enough? More importantly WHY is someone that stupid here?" he asked.

"Connections." Rand said, frowning.

"Connections?"

"I'm afraid so." Misato said, rubbing her temples again. "You see, Donny is Senator Rembrandt's son, and since the Senator is one of our main sources of funds, we had to accept him in order to get enough money to help maintain the Evas." Now it made sense. The only way someone that blockheaded was going to get into an organization like NERV was through something like that. And then there was the fact that the planet that Senator Rembrandt helped represent - Kadatheron - was one of the largest suppliers of both dilithium and naquadah in the known galaxy. You'd almost have to be rolling in cash or downright foolish to not accept funds from that world.

There was of course, another reason Donny Rembrandt had been hired by NERV. One unknown to all but those in charge of the organization. Secretly, Gendo had found people's reactions to Donny's shenanigans to be endlessly amusing.

"Um, speaking of the Evas..." Shinji began. "Do you know what their limits are?"

"We... aren't sure." Misato began. "We know that they can take more punishment than any BattleMech could, but there's so much about them that's still largely unknown."

"Like the A.T. Field." Rand said.

"Right." Misato said. "However, we do have some general ideas. And we were able to get a good estimate for speed. During a test run, we clocked Unit-00 at Mach 3.2." Shinji and Rand stared in stunned silence. "We also believe that later Eva Units, such as Unit-01 and Unit-07 will be able to run even faster."

"So, what we're dealing with..." Rand began, "Is a fifty-five meter tall magic cyborg that's capable of running faster than the speed of sound, can project some sort of energy barrier that you still don't fully understand, and might be able to do things that no one's thought of?"

"More or less." Misato said, laughing slightly.

"And aside from the Undine, what could warrant the use of this?" Rand asked.

"Many things, none of which I'm at liberty to talk about at the moment." Misato replied. Shinji and Rand exchanged nervous glances. If they were told about the Undine, whose existence the Star League government had declared beyond-top-secret, what could possibly be beyond that?

"Well," Fuyutsuki began. "I've just gotten a report from our 'friends' at Seele. It seems they're more than a little... displeased... about you letting your son pilot Unit-01."

"Oh?" Gendo replied, a smirk on his face. "What, exactly, did they have to say about that?"

"Just a few things like 'the Evas aren't toys for children', and 'stop wasting NERV's resources on your son'. Honestly, you'd think they'd know by now just why we had to choose your son for Unit-01."

"You would think so." Gendo said. "However, given how few of them have actually read the files on the Evas, much less more of the Dead Sea Scroll Prophecies than they actually need to, we'll just go with the same explanation we always do."

"Ah. The old 'compatible computer systems' bullshit." Fuyutsuki replied. "Well, I shouldn't say its total bull. It IS partially true, after all." Gendo's smirk nearly became a grin. "However, that still leaves the few who do know. Chairman Kiel, for one." Fuyutsuki paused. "Just how do you propose we deal with him, anyway?"

"That's a concern for a later time, and not our primary one. We need to convince Seele that we're on their side, up until we can afford to go against them." Gendo said. "Until then, let them think that we still want to see the Covenant with Lilith come to fruition, and that seeing their little 'Galactic Instrumentality Project' realized is our goal, too."

"Well, we still want the Covenant with Lilith to be forged." Fuyutsuki said.

"Right, but under OUR terms. Anything else is unacceptable." Gendo replied.

"Of course. Still, we need Rei to help bring about the Covenant."

"And Adam as well. Or at least, what's left of him. We'll then need to defeat all of his spawn before we can perform the necessary rites."

"Which is where the Evas come in." Fuyutsuki said. "In both the defeat of Adam's Scions, and in the Resurrection of Lilith. After all, what better way to fight fire, than with fire?"

L5X-3117

O'Neill could hardly believe his ears. Night elves, seriously? he thought. Has the universe turned into some weird D&D game?

"I'm sorry, could you say that again?" he asked. "I thought for a moment you said 'night elves'."

"I did." Shandris replied, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Is there something wrong with that?"

"No. It's just... well..." O'Neill struggled to find the right words for the situation. "Awkward."

"Awkward? How so?"

"Well, you see..." O'Neill began. Before he could finish, however, Daniel interrupted him.

"What Jack's trying to say is, we're just a little caught off guard by the fact that we're actually meeting elves." he began. "Because before right now, we thought that elves were only myths."

"Or characters in cheap fantasy novels." Jack added, before getting elbowed by Carter.

They know of our kind through their myths? Shandris thought. Despite the fact that we have no record of contact with them? That doesn't make any sense. How could they possibly... unless. No. At least, I don't think that's the case. If it is, well, it would make things more interesting.

"Well then, outlanders." she began. "It seems we have a lot to discuss."

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:14 am

Going well... Can't wait to read the next chapter...