Fluid Power Evangelion, Book I

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Khas
Starship Captain

Fluid Power Evangelion, Book I

Post by Khas » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Before I begin, I'd just like to say that this is one of my BIG fanfic projects. I don't mean something like "From One World To Another", I mean something big like "The Unity Saga", "Tiberium Wars", or TFC's story (None of those are mine, in case you didn't know that already. I'm just giving you an idea of the scale). If I'm lucky, it will take a year to finish. Also, I'm going to be mixing both main Evangelion and the Rebuild series.

Now, to credit the people who own what I'm using in this fanfic.

Star Trek: Voyager is the property of CBS Paramount. BattleTech is the property of Topps. Warcraft is the property of Blizzard Entertainment. Stargate SG-1 is the property of MGM. Warhammer 40,000 is the property of Games Workshop. The Wheel of Time is the property of Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson. Neon Genesis Evangelion is the property of Studio Gainax, Studio Khara, and FUNimation. All characters from these properties are also the property of their respective owners. Original characters and the fanfic are the property of Alexander "Khas" Schultheis.

Khas
Starship Captain

Re: Fluid Power Evangelion, Book I

Post by Khas » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Chapter One.

"Are you sure he's the right one?" The older of the two women asked.

"Positive. His mother was part of this planet's Gehirn branch, and the tester." The younger one added.

"True. But I'll bet that that boy's never so much as even seen a battlemech before, much less what we're about to show him. His home planet is at the technological level of the early Renaissance, if that." The older one said back.

"Well it's not like they don't know about such technologies. It is a Star League world after all. It's mostly a matter of choice that they live like they do." She paused. "And you know as well as anyone how high tensions are with the Undine after all. And you know what they're capable of. Should worst come to worst, we'll need something that could hold them off. And Project E has the best chance of succeeding."

The older woman sighed. She knew the level of culture shock the humans of this planet had experienced upon meeting ones from the Star League, and introducing one to Project E so soon was only asking for trouble of some sort. But at the same time, she considered the possibility of a surprise attack by the Undine, something that would force the boy to join up anyway.

"Alright." She said. "Go down and retrieve him. But before you bring him up here, at least let him know what he's getting himself into."

"Yes, captain." The younger woman replied, before leaving the ready room and heading to the turbolift. "Transporter room."

Rand al'Thor brought the axe down on the log, splitting it neatly in half. It was tiring work to chop up all the logs in only a few hours, but his family needed the firewood for the rapidly-approaching winter. The first snow had already fallen a week ago, and even if it was only a flurry, still signaled the end of what had been an otherwise gentle autumn. Reaching for another one of the small logs, a flash of light caught his eye. Turning around, he saw a very attractive woman standing where before there had been only grass. She was wearing a dress so short it served almost no practical purpose - especially in this weather - and a bright red jacket with the emblem of the Star League military on it.

"Rand al'Thor?" She asked.

"Uh... yeah, that's me. And you are?" He asked back.

"Lieutenant Colonel Misato Katsuragi. I represent a... unique... branch of the UNSL government, and have an offer you literally can't refuse." She said, while beginning to shiver. "Now, is there someplace nearby we can discuss this? Preferably somewhere warm, indoors, and out of the way?" She paused. "And with good beer?"

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Chapter Two.

Rand opened the door to his house, warm air rushing from the darkened five-room building. A small, dying fire, now only coals which glowed a dim reddish-orange, lay in the fireplace, and providing almost all of the light in the house. About ten feet away stood a table, covered in various dishes, mugs, and pieces of silverware, with a half-eaten lamb leg laying down on the table top, with the odd puddle of lukewarm beer adding a unique decoration to the wood. Not to mention a very pleasant aroma. It was Misato who finally broke the silence.

"So, this is where you live, huh?" She asked, taking note of her unusual surroundings. "Quaint, but cozy."

"Yeah. My father and I live here." Rand said.

"Well, see if you can get him? This concerns him as much as it does you." Rand raised an eyebrow at Misato's statement, but decided that it would be best if he did as she asked. After all, if the Star League had sent a colonel for him, it had to be pretty damn important.

"Dad?" Rand asked, looking around the room for any sign of his father. "DAD?"

"Yes, Rand?" Tam al'Thor asked in response to his son's question. "What is it?"

"Someone from the Star League Army is here to see us."

"What?" Tam asked, surprised at this recent development. "When did they get here? And why are they here?" Rand shrugged at his father's reaction.

"I don't know. All I was told was that I needed to speak to Colonel Kats..... Katsur...."

"Katsuragi." Rand and Tam turned around to face the owner of the voice. "And please, no more of the honorifics. It's just Misato." The raven-haired woman added. Tam began to regain his confidence when talking to the mysterious woman who claimed to be a Star League colonel.

"So, Misato..." Tam began. "What do you need us for? I'm sure the Star League has better things to do then pester shepherds."

"Usually, you'd be right, but in this case, not so much. I'm afraid Rand is needed for a very important project. One that, if worse comes to worst, could ensure the survival of the human race."

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Chapter Three

"What do you mean, 'ensure the survival of the human race'?" Tam asked. "Have the Trollocs returned?"

"Thankfully, no, they haven't." Misato said back, remembering the Trolloc Wars, and how those mysterious yet brutal human-animal hybrids had forced humanity into a three-way alliance with the Breen Confederacy and the Tau Empire in order just to survive the onslaught brought on by them, and had brought Project Blood Raven out of mothballing. "However, even if they did, they still wouldn't be as the threat posed by the Undine."

"Undine?" Rand asked. "Who are they? I've never heard of them."

"Most people haven't." Misato replied. "Fortunately." Rand and Tam exchanged a brief look of mutual confusion, before turning back to face Misato. The raven-haired colonel sighed. She knew she would have to tell them sooner or later, and hoped that they would handle the news of the Undine better than most of the few people who knew of the elusive race. "The Undine are an alien race native to a dimension known as fluidic space, due to it being filled with some type of organic liquid." Finally, she reached into her pocket, and pulled out a small holographic projector about the size of a lemon. "What I'm about to show you is highly classified information, for your eyes only. Computer, bring up all files on the Undine, authorization, Lieutenant Colonel Misato Katsuragi, Alpha-Tango-Four-Seven."

"Stand by for retinal scan." The projector's feminine digital voice said. A faint beam of light shot into Katsuragi's eye, bouncing off the blood vessels in her retinas. The computer compared the blood vessels with the ones on record. 99.999999999999742% match. "Authorization confirmed. Access enabled. Welcome, Colonel Katsuragi." A holographic image appeared above the projector. It was of a disturbing creature, humanoid from the waist up, with lanky arms, a neck that was little more than strands of muscle tissue and a notochord, and a head that resembled a cross between a human's, a reptile's, and an insect's. A tiny, almost non-existent mouth sat below two elongated nostrils, above which were two eyes that brimmed with a malign intellect. Below the waist was just as disturbing as above it. Three legs, resembling those of ungulate mammals, spread out in a tripod-like fashion. The combined result was, for lack of a better word, hideous. But what was even more disturbing was stood next to it. A holographic image of a man stood by, only two thirds as tall as the creature.

"This, is an Undine." Misato said. "And they pose a far bigger threat than the Trollocs ever did."

"Light, I can see why." Rand said in a voice barely above a whisper. He looked at the image again. "How tall would that man be, in real life?" He asked.

"Two meters, or six and a half feet." Misato replied. "And believe me, that is the least disturbing thing you're about to see." Misato pressed a button on a remote control. The image shifted for a close-up on the Undine's face, followed by a rotating circular disc bisecting the alien's head. The image changed again, to reveal the creature's brain. "From what we've been able to determine, the Undine have a highly developed cerebral cortex, allowing for advanced telepathy, including the ability to project images and messages into another being's mind, as well as being able to read it." The image changed again, showing a close up of one of the Undine's blood vessels. "Their immune system is highly dangerous. If they are injured in battle, they will use their own wounds to attack their opponent, and when that happens, their white blood cells begin to consume their victim from the inside out." The image changed a third time, showing what appeared to be a side-arm of some sort. "The Undine also use antiproton weaponry, turning some of their target into radiation, and vaporizing anything not protected by a force field." Once more, the picture changed, revealing a starship of some kind. "Their starships are organic, and incredibly powerful. Evidence suggests that they are made of the same material as the Undine. And they too, use antiproton weapons." Rand and Tam openly displayed looks of shock on their faces at the news. "But that's not even the most disturbing part. This is." The image disappeared, instead showing a starfield. A ball of light appeared without warning, surrounded by an eerie glow. This was followed by nine Undine ships flying out of the orb, one slightly different than the others. The focus shifted to a nearby planet. Eight of the ships formed a ring around the larger one, and opened fire, their beams being collected into the central one, which combined their blasts into one directed at the planet. The crust of the world that the bioships had been orbiting began to fracture, and magma from the mantle welled its way up to the surface. Only mere seconds later, the planet flew apart, reduced to asteroids and vapor by the nine small starships. "And that, is the threat posed by the Undine." Misato said, before letting loose a sigh of both exhaustion and relief. Ha! I could deliver that whole report without stumbling over the technical stuff. Looks like you owe me a glass of Scotch, Rits.

"What I don't understand," Rand began "is why the government is keeping this a secret. Don't the people have a right to know about this?"

"They do." Misato said. "But consider this. What do you think would happen if people were just told about the Undine without any large-scale appearance by them?" Rand paused, before coming to a realization.

"People would get scared. There'd be a massive panic."

"Exactly. Now you see why they're a secret. On the plus side, they don't attack unless provoked."

"But why did they destroy that planet then?" Rand asked.

"Who knows? Maybe it was a test to see what they could do." Misato replied. "So, now you see the threat that humanity faces. Fortunately, we've developed something to possibly counter the Undine. But we need you to get it to work."

"Me?" Rand asked, confused. "But what could you possibly need me for?"

"That," Misato began "is even more classified than the Undine's existence."
Last edited by Khas on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:09 am

I want moar...I am into this..good so far

out ham me..Khas do it!!!!

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 am

Oh don't worry, there'll be more.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:32 am

Khas wrote:Oh don't worry, there'll be more.
most excellent now if only Preao and Sonoff can join us

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Really nice...
You mixed all those universes toghether seamlessly...
I want to read more as well...
Admiral Breetai wrote:now if only Preao and Sonoff can join us
I started writing the following chapter, but it may be a fe more days before I can post it...
RL takes up all my time ATM (not that I'm complaining), so updates will be delayed...

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:23 am

I admit I likely know the least about the bulk of the universes you've mixed here but its got a good flow and I'm interested to see where your taking it. Please keep up the good work.
Praeothmin wrote:I started writing the following chapter, but it may be a fe more days before I can post it...
RL takes up all my time ATM (not that I'm complaining), so updates will be delayed...
Silly Praeo you belong to the masses now. Little things like RL or sleeping mean nothing compared to our outrages and inane demands. Don't make us manacle you to the keyboard. :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:14 am

he made evengelion awesome..that is very hard to do..and I barely noticed the crossovers

and yeah what sonof said..we need new chapters damn sleep..

that also applies of you and khas though son

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:40 am

Don't worry, I'm not abandoning it. Just experimenting with some ideas for it. How does a covert war between Section 31 and SEELE sound?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:18 am

Khas wrote:Don't worry, I'm not abandoning it. Just experimenting with some ideas for it. How does a covert war between Section 31 and SEELE sound?
like the greatest covert war since the fall of the iron curtain?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 am

Chapter Four

"What are you saying?" Rand asked, almost befuddled. "That the Undine aren't the biggest secret that the Star League has?"

"Not by a long shot, Rand." Misato began. "Not by a long shot." Misato's face darkened as she said that, and her eyes held a haunting and haunted look, a look that comes with knowledge of some horrible truths about the Universe, truths mortals were never meant to know. Without warning, her face brightened up, almost as if she had been injected with several liters of dopamine. "So," she started again, "I hope you're all ready for your trip!"

"Trip?" Rand asked, somewhat in shock at Misato's transformation from brooding to perky over the course of a nanosecond.

"Your trip to Earth, of course." She replied. "What, you didn't think that you'd still be living here, what with your involvement in this project being so important, did you?"

"Earth?" Rand asked. "I can't go to Earth, I've got too much stuff to do here! Winter's coming, we have the flocks..." Misato cut him off.

"Look, I know that you have responsibilities, but this outweighs them. Humanity needs your help, Rand." She said. "Look, I know this is difficult, but you can't just shrug this off in favor of housework."

"Oh?" Tam asked, speaking for the first time since the Undine Presentation. "And how do you expect me to get by without anyone to help me with this 'housework'?"

"You'll receive compensation for Rand's absence during his employment at Star League HQ. One hundred thousand C-Bills per year."

"ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND!?!?!?" Rand shouted. Tam "merely" raised his eyebrows. For any other man, this would have been a vast under-reaction, but Tam al'Thor wasn't your average man. Once Misato's ears stopped ringing, she spoke.

"That's right." Misato said. "And for the record, we leave in twenty-four hours. Now then, now that that's taken care of, do either of you know of any good taverns around here?"

Six hours later....

Rand sat in the Winterwine Inn, dumbfounded. He had seen Misato down three ales, a turkey leg, and an entire plate of freshly-baked bread so quickly, that he was certain that some galactic record had just been broken. How the hell does she keep that figure? He thought, as he ate his stew. The Inn's door opened and closed with a creaking sound, and he heard the newest patrons start talking to the Innkeeper, who simply replied "He's over there."

"Thanks." One of the men said. The two men started walking closer and closer towards Rand's table. Rand didn't even have to look up to know who they were. Smiling, he stood up and turned to face them. Matrim Cauthon and Perrin Aybara. His oldest friends.

"Mat! Perrin!" He hollered. The two other men ran towards him, nearly knocking him into the table and Misato.

"What the hell?" Misato yelled, as she just stopped the bowl containing Rand's stew from landing on her. "Rand, who are these two guys?"

"Sorry, Misato." Rand said. "These are my friends, Mat Cauthon," He began, pointing to the long-limbed, wiry man. "And Perrin Aybara." He finished, pointing to the muscular, bearded one. "Mat, Perrin, this is Misato. She's here on, eh, business."

"Right, 'business'." Mat replied, eyeing Misato up and down - not an unpleasant task - before spotting the Star League logo, the planet Earth surrounded by a laurel wreath, but in front of two criss-crossing rifles, symbolizing humanity's desire for peace, but readiness for war. "So, the rumors are true."

"Rumors?" Rand asked.

"You know, the ones going around saying that the Star League has come for you, for reasons only they know?"

Rand sighed. Misato groaned. Apparently, top-secret didn't mean as much as it used to.

"Yes, they're true. Look, could we talk about this somewhere private? There's a lot of stuff that needs to be kept secret." Rand replied.

"Okay, but only after dinner." Mat said.
Last edited by Khas on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Short and sweet, eh?

So, will we have to wait another 2 million years for the following chapters?

C'mon man, don't keep us hanging...

I mean, it's not because Breetai has taken a vacation and deprived us of his sweet space battles that you have to do the same... ;)

At least, sonofccn has kept giving us the good stuff... :)

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Don't worry, Chapter Five is coming soon, and it's gonna have a massive ground battle in it.