Fluid Power Evangelion, Book I

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: Fluid Power Evangelion, Book I

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue May 14, 2013 1:01 am

this story is chaotic, dark, its scale is massive and there's manipulation on all sides.

this is awesome! Also Gendo running game against S31...that's gonna be amazing

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue May 14, 2013 1:57 am

To be honest, it's actually a melee-a-trois between Gendo, Section 31, and Seele. Although Gendo and Sloan have worked together in the past, and know not to fully trust each other, although they respect each other enough to know that crossing the other is a BAD idea.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue May 14, 2013 2:26 am

I've got another fanfic in the works that's both even more ambitious (in the amount of stuff it combines), and even darker than FPE. Yet, considering that I've been hammering it out since 2009, it might work.

User15066
Candidate

Post by User15066 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:28 am

Pretty ambitious, considering that the current story is pretty darn complicated already.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue May 14, 2013 5:29 am

I can't speak for the other writers here but I'd love to see it

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue May 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Whatever you post, we'll read... :-)

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue May 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Well, it hasn't been written yet, but the setting is plotted out. As for what it combines, you'll think crack was involved. But no, just caffeine and alcohol.

Okay. It's called "The Eibon Foundation".

What it combines:
Star Trek
Star Wars
StarCraft
Starfox
Firefly
Diablo
Evangelion
Cthulhu Mythos
F.E.A.R.
Doctor Who
Green Lantern
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

However, like FPE, it's a fusion fic, rather than a true crossover, so it only combines certain elements from each. Also, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, while a "magical girl" anime, still fits in, because it's NOT intended for your standard magical girl audience. It's a seinen anime, which means it's meant for adults, since, in the third episode, one of the main characters gets decapitated, and then her corpse is devoured by something that looks like a three-way cross between Pennywise from "It", a Care Bear, and a Sandworm from Dune. And from there until the finale in Episode 12, it just goes downhill for the characters.

You think that's dark? Look at four of the other settings involved in this fanfic. Diablo, F.E.A.R., Evangelion, and the Cthulhu Mythos. The Gendo Ikari in this universe would make FPE Gendo want to punch his lights out due to being such a bastard, and yet, many of his actions are justified. To make matters worse, the "good guy" faction in this setting is the result of an unholy merging between the United Earth Directorate and the Cardassian Union. If you know anything about those factions, that should tell you that this is going to be a nightmare. As for why Green Lantern is in there, well, I wanted to use a western comic in one of my fanfics for once, and as I began to look for one that would fit, I eventually came to realize that the Green Lantern mythos fit in the best with this universe. However, the Green Lantern himself won't be appearing in this. Neither will the Doctor, although, some other characters will. We'll see the trials and tribulations of the Earth-Cardassia Alliance.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:23 am

Chapter Seventeen

"Sir?" a young man wearing the all-black uniform of a Section 31 operative asked. "Do you honestly think we can trust Ikari?"

"Of course not." Sloan replied. "I've known the man for close to twenty years, and if there is anyone who deserves the title of 'Most Magnificent and Manipulative Bastard in the Galaxy', it's him."

"Well then, why are we working with him?" the younger man asked.

"Ever hear of the old adage 'The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend'? Ikari's plans for the Evas are far more preferable than Seele's ever were. And besides, his plans for the Evas' use happen to have some significant overlap with ours. And there is the fact that we also know a thing or two about them that will let us use them for future operations against the Undine and other threats." Sloan replied. Including that abomination sleeping on Mars.

"I see." the young man replied. "One more thing, why don't we strike at Seele directly, like we did the Vantorii and the Brekon? Considering that their plans of Instrumentality pose a far greater threat than they ever did, shouldn't we stri-" the young man began, before he was interrupted by Sloan.

"Seele is an entirely different beast. Those two were vicious races not yet known to most of the galaxy. Seele is comprised of tycoons and politicians from various interstellar powers across the galaxy. Attacking them would bring all sorts of unwanted attention to not only them, but us as well. Not to mention the fact that they provide most of NERV's funds. Take them out of the picture, and the Evas get taken out as well."

"Oh." the young man replied. "I guess it isn't as simple as I thought."

"With Seele, it never is."

I really should switch to synthehol. Misato thought, as she read the data on the PADD. So far, the info on the relocation of the survivors of Emond's Field, while mostly clear, seemed to contain such bizarre phrases as "Flush Bunny", "Smell Problems", and "Grapevine Alarm Clocks". It took several corrections from Ritsuko, as well as Lieutenants Hicks and Graves before it became fully legible to her drunken mind. People had been placed largely into apartments, grouped partially by familial ties, but some had been placed with others based on the fact that they had been known to get along with them.

Of course, the system was far from perfect. Some people were forced to be grouped with others who they were at best, indifferent to, and in the worst cases, absolutely despised. Then there was the fact that this was a transfer of people from a rural society to an urban one. At least this is only temporary. Misato thought while yawning. We'll finish the rest of this tomorrow. Right now, I feel like I need to hit the sack. Ritsuko turned to face Misato as soon as she yawned.

"Tired?" Ritsuko asked.

"Yeah. I guessh I shouldn't have had sho much to drink back at zhe bar." Misato replied.

"Come on. I'll take you home." Ritsuko said, grabbing Misato by the arm. The two women walked towards the turbolift, and eventually entered. Upon arriving at the surface layer of the Geofront, they walked out towards Ritsuko's hovercar, and eventually walked in. As Ritsuko closed the doors, she turned to Misato to see her half-asleep. "You know," she began, "you really should switch to synthehol." Misato chuckled. "What?"

"Oh, nozhing. I wash jusht zhinking zhe shame zhing earlier." she replied. Ritsuko rolled her eyes, and brought the vehicle to life.

The trip had taken longer than usual, due to Ritsuko having to pull over twice to allow Misato to step out and vomit, but they had eventually found their way back to her apartment complex. As Misato was too drunk to use the stairs, they had used the turbolift to reach Misato's apartment. Upon entering, Misato had shrugged off Ritsuko, and had managed to walk an astounding twenty feet before collapsing on the sofa and falling asleep mere seconds after impact. Ritsuko sighed, and turned Misato over so that her face was facing away from the cushions, before leaving. She was not going to envy her old friend in the morning.

"So, this is our new home." Mat said. "Not bad for a last-minute thing." He turned around to see Rand and Perrin following him into the new apartment. "Of course, it could be better."

"Only you would complain about new housing at a time like this." Perrin said back to Mat.

"Oh no, I'm not complaining at all. Merely stating that I'd like a few nicer things."

"Like what?" Rand asked.

"Well, for starters, more space. And maybe a mini-bar. Yeah, a mini-bar would be nice for parties.

"And just where the hell would we get the money to pay for a mini-bar?" Rand asked.

"Well, you see, there's this Ferengi that owes me money..."

"You honestly think a Ferengi is going to pay you back?"

"He has to. Last I heard, he ran into trouble with the Nagus, and now, the Nagus is forcing him to pay everyone he owes money to. This apartment has a subspace comm system, right? I could just open up a link to Ferenginar, and...."

Perrin watched as Mat and Rand argued back and forth about their money situation, and shook his head. The last time he'd seen them arguing like this was after that incident involving the blacksmith's dogs, forty pounds of flour, a Space Wolf scout, two drunk Ferengi, a hapless Gleeman, some maple syrup, and about five or six pumpkins. The resulting mess had taken nearly three weeks to clean up, and all of the dogs in town were now wary around Mat. Still, no one had been seriously hurt, so no one had gotten in any serious trouble, although Mat had had trouble sitting for the next day. But still, it was kind of nice to see them arguing like they had before Emond's Field had been destroyed.

"Well, I'm turning in now." Perrin said, as he started to walk further into the apartment, before finding one of the bedrooms.

"So am I." Rand also said. "I've got a hell of a day tomorrow, what with learning how to pilot the Eva." And with that, he walked into one of the other bedrooms.

"Great, what am I supposed to-" Mat began, before eyeing a food replicator and a viewscreen. Ordering a turkey leg and some ale from the replicator, he turned to the screen. "Computer, activate viewscreen." With that, the viewscreen turned on. He started to think of what to watch, when suddenly it hit him. Memories of a show he had seen as a child when the merchants would come from space. How he had loved it then, and laughed at its awesome ridiculousness now. "Computer, play Mecha Warrior RoboTron."

"Please specify episode."

"Episode one. Let's take it from the top." And with that, the old cartoon appeared on the screen. Eating his turkey leg, and drinking his ale, Mat laughed at the cheesy goodness of the old super robot show.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:16 pm

always good, always too short... :)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Have to concur with Preao, update is too short. ;)

And "...abomination sleeping on Mars." is the Void Dragon I presume. Hmm... a techonological Eldritch horror in the high tech oriented Federation. Yeah, I can't see anything bad happening. :)

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:59 pm

It was supposed to be longer, but considering I was writing it at 2 AM, I was a bit rushed.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:55 am

Misato drunk

Seele and Gendo and Section 31 playing a cosmic game of thrones..oh hell yes

moar! With Preo figuring out how to get online and Sonof busy it falls to us to hold this place up

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:32 pm

And there's going to be more! So far, the threats I've introduced are the Trollocs and Myrddraal, the Undine (Species 8472), and, as sonofccn correctly guessed, the C'Tan and Necrons. The "Legion" and the "Children of Adam" have been mentioned, but what are they? You'll just have to find out. ;)

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:41 am

On another note, I should alter somethings about the intro:

1 - I'll be using more of ST than just VOY.

2 - Not all OCs that are appearing in FPE will be mine. Some belong to my friends (they were originally from other fanfics, but also exist in the FPE universe now). And yes, they are going to be used with the permission of their creators.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:35 am

Chapter Eighteen

Tartarus. Somewhere in the Cerberus Mountains

Narg had always considered himself a lucky Trolloc. Blessed with superb intelligence - for a Trolloc at least (which is roughly equal to a slightly smarter-than-usual Pakled), being able to speak (a rather limited form of) English, and having survived battles with not just the Star League, but the Breen, Tau, Bajorans, Caitians, Jaffa, and even the Nausicaans as well, Narg often thought that he had been blessed by the Great Lord of the Dark himself. How else could he explain his many gifts?

Today, those beliefs were going to be seriously challenged.

The first challenge to those beliefs came when an explosion vaporized roughly a thousand of his brethren - along with everything else in a one hundred meter radius - and sent countless more flying in every direction. If Narg had studied what could cause an explosion like that, he would have known that it had been a Star League Hellstrike missile - one of the most powerful conventional ground weapons in the galaxy. Armed with a thirty kilogram ultritium/naquadah mixture warhead, the Hellstrike missile just barely avoided being outlawed by interstellar treaty, and even then, only the crisis brought on by the Trolloc Wars allowed it to avoid being outlawed.

Then the second missile hit.

An explosion just as powerful as the first rocked the Trollocs who had survived the initial blast, and sent them fleeing into the extensive network of caves that filled the mountains. Due to the extreme depth of some of these caves - some went down for over a kilometer - as well as the naturally occurring obscenely large deposits of tritanium and trinium in the mountains, a whole storm of Hellstrike missiles wouldn't be able to touch them.

In the caves, Narg secretly prayed to the Great Lord of the Dark to keep his luck. If there was ever a time where he would need it, it was now.

"Did the missiles find their targets?" Gabriel Angelos asked.

"Yes, although..." the MACO at the missile control panel began. "They ran into the caves before we could finish the barrage. Still, we did get about fifteen hundred of them, so it's not a total loss." Angelos nodded.

"Very good. Now, if we are to secure this planet, we must begin mop-up operations immediately. Get every MACO, Blood Raven, and Asha'man not vital to the defense of this city to the transporters. Can you get them to the caves?" The MACO at the control panel smiled.

"Easily. We just have to-" A beeping caught his attention. Turning around, the MACO looked at the sensor display, and found out why it had started beeping. "Shit."

"What's wrong?" Angelos asked.

"Trolloc aerofighters, coming in fast." Angelos' eyes widened. Even though Trollocs weren't exactly known for their intelligence, some of them had a knack for piloting, especially those who displayed avian features. Of course, not all of the fighters had Trollocs in them. A few would have Myrddraal as pilots, and these were by far the deadlier opponents. "Sir, should I order our fighters to launch?" Angelos nodded. The MACO grabbed a speaker. "Attention, attention!" he began. "Trolloc fighters coming in fast. All pilots report to your craft! All pilots report to your craft! Launch as soon as your fighters are ready!"

[The Trollocs have launched their fighters.] A Breen soldier informed Pran.

[Launch ours. We cannot let the Trollocs find our location, or our purpose here. Especially when we are so close to making the Legion pay for its crimes against our people.] Pran replied.

[Sir, wouldn't that reveal our presence on this planet, though?]

[Let the Trollocs know we're on this world. Make them think that this is simply giving aid to our human allies. Besides, now will finally come the chance to convince the humans to aid us, even if they don't fully believe us about the Legion yet.]

[Yet?]

[Because they will after we show them what lies at the Stargate coordinates we have.] The younger soldier nodded in acknowledgement at Pran's statement. [How long until the Stargate has enough power to get us through?]

[Roughly five minutes, according to Chief Engineer Krell.]

[Excellent. Wait until the humans are here to dial it, though.]

[Understood.]

*cue "Mighty Wings"*

Wing Commander James McCloud was a hard man to impress. Having made the title of "Ace" just under four times during the Trolloc Wars, large squadrons of fighters usually just made for larger targets, more opportunities for a kill. However, even he had to admit that the pilot of the fighter currently on his tail was exceptional. Even for a Myrddraal pilot - no Trolloc would ever chase him this long, or pull off maneuvers like the ones this pilot had - he was incredibly skilled.

Shitshitshitshitfuckpissdamnshit! McCloud thought. There's no way I can shake him! Disruptor fire shot forth from the Myrddraal's fighters cannons, impacting on McCloud's deflector shields.

"Warning. Shield power at 47 per cent and falling." the computer's feminine voice said.

"God Dammit!" McCloud hollered. This was it. No way out. McCloud knew he was going to die here.

The Myrddraal's fighter exploded in a blinding flash. McCloud looked at his sensor display, and stared in awe. A Breen aerofighter had just destroyed his pursuer. Looking up, he saw dozens of Breen fighters decloaking and opening fire on the Trolloc fighters. Ecsatic, he flew around back towards the aerial battlefield, and sent a radio message back to HQ.

"Command, this is McCloud! It's a miracle, guys! A God-fucking-damn miracle!"

"What is?" someone at HQ asked.

"It's the Breen! The Breen have arrived!"

The flickering light of multiple transporter beams illuminated the entrance of the cave. First, one-by-one, but later in groups, men began to materialize. Most brandished guns - phasers and bolters were the most common, but a few also carried tetryon rifles - while a few walked in seemingly unarmed. Anyone who had fought them before, however, would tell you that it was the seemingly unarmed ones - who wore black uniforms - that were the most dangerous. They were the Asha'man. One of the armed men held out a tricorder, and pointed further into the cave. The other men quickly followed him, their night-vision goggles giving them almost perfect sight in near-pitch-blackness, allowing them to find their prey easier than if they had brought flashlights. Quickly and quietly the men - MACO, Blood Raven, and Asha'man alike - moved deeper into the caves, until they had found their target. A large Trolloc gathering -survivors of the missile strikes -, illuminated by artificial lighting, which forced the men to take off their night-vision goggles. One of the Blood Ravens looked at the center of the group, and saw a Myrddraal currently sitting down, seemingly unaware of the intruders. The Blood Raven pressed a communicator in his ear.

"Primary threat spotted." he said.

"Moving into position." came the response from the other team that had entered this cave. The Blood Raven nodded to a MACO holding a TR-116.

"Neutralizing..." the MACO said, as he aimed the rifle and pulled the trigger. The Myrddraal's brains splattered against the wall, and fragments of his skull hit Trollocs as they went flying. As the Myrddraal's corpse started thrashing around - and would continue to do so until sunset - the Trollocs who were part of this band, yet remained unlinked to the Myrddraal - as any Trolloc linked to a Myrddraal would die when their commander was killed - turned in various directions, sniffing the air. Then one caught the scent. The Trollocs began running up the sides of the indent their gathering was in, looking for blood.

"OPEN FIRE!" The Blood Raven who had lead this party hollered.

*cue "Forces"*

That was when all hell broke loose.

The roars of the bolters, the hisses of the phasers, and the whines of the tetryon guns filled the air with a hellish cacophony, amplified by the shouts and screams of soldiers - both human and Trolloc. Five Trollocs had gone after one of the Asha'man, believing him to be an easy target due to his apparent lack of a weapon. Big mistake. The Asha'man turned to face his foes, and inhaled. Only to breathe out a massive cone of blue-white flame. The Trollocs' lungs were burned to ashes with the rest of their flesh before they even had time to scream. Elsewhere, other Asha'man were unleashing weaves of equal ferocity. Fireballs, lightning bolts, and icicles the size of human thighs went flying through the air, burning, electrocuting, impaling, or freezing any Trolloc that had the misfortune of being in their way. This, coupled with the blasts from the guns, started to rapidly reduce the number of Trollocs present.

Narg still considered himself lucky, even during the battle. After all, he had survived this long, why should his luck give up now. He had already gunned down two MACOs, and even shot off the left arm of an Asha'man. He was still lucky. Then a Blood Raven had jumped over to his location, his hands firmly grasping a phaser carbine, and pointing it right at Narg. Narg started to lower his gun.

"You put gun down." Narg said. "Narg no hurt." This caught the Blood Raven off guard, but only for a few seconds. Narg then brought his gun back up, only for the Blood Raven to open fire, vaporizing a basketball-sized chunk of his flesh, and sending his head and pieces of his torso flying. Narg didn't even have time to see his life flash before his eyes when the Great Lord of the Dark claimed his soul.

"Casualties?" the Blood Raven leader asked, looking at the remains of the Trollocs that littered the room.

"Sixteen dead. Thirty wounded." a MACO responded. The Blood Raven nodded.

"Understood. Beam the dead and wounded back to base, then send for reinforcements. The purge must be completed."