Parody of the SW vs ST debate

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Praeothmin wrote:I don't see why Breetai should provide evidence when you request it since you fail to provide it when requested of you...
Bullshit. This is a disgusting ad hominem. It assumes that:

1. I refuse to provide evidence when I don't, so provide proof instead of blabbling that I don't

2. Me refusing to provide evidence (which I don't) somehow lets him do so, even though debates are fought on the merit of one's argument, not on the record of honesty of the person

Whether I am honest or not does not excuse Breetai from being honest, you silly hypocrite. If you warn me for being dishonest (when providing no evidence whatsover; you have to appeal to Mr. O to give long rhetoric about me) then you should warn him as well for doing the same thing, only far, far, far more blatantly.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Praeothmin wrote:I don't see why Breetai should provide evidence when you request it since you fail to provide it when requested of you...
one thing is he's asking me to provide evidence in something I thought was a fanfic? oh well..it is amusing though that he's asking me to prove something that's obvious from the first post..as per usual


oh and I just saw his recent post "prove that I'm full of shit and trolling" when it's painfully obvious every time he does that I LOL

hey SWSt you done stalking me and DS now?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Quebec City

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:55 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Praeothmin wrote:I don't see why Breetai should provide evidence when you request it since you fail to provide it when requested of you...
Bullshit. This is a disgusting ad hominem. It assumes that:

1. I refuse to provide evidence when I don't, so provide proof instead of blabbling that I don't

2. Me refusing to provide evidence (which I don't) somehow lets him do so, even though debates are fought on the merit of one's argument, not on the record of honesty of the person

Whether I am honest or not does not excuse Breetai from being honest, you silly hypocrite. If you warn me for being dishonest (when providing no evidence whatsover; you have to appeal to Mr. O to give long rhetoric about me) then you should warn him as well for doing the same thing, only far, far, far more blatantly.
You do refuse to provide evidence, and the only time you actually gave me an example in SW speeds vs ST speeds (after 3 or four suche requests from me) was Maul's ship, but then you didn't have numbers, so I had to do your own work and actually provide calculations, which laid rest to your "Dur, SW shipzz haz speedzz dat goes 20 timzzz dat of ST" bullshit...
And you only provided Maul, as if 1 single piece of evidence was sufficient for an average...
And when I provided a shitload of counter-evidence, you bullshited your way in an attempt to dismiss them all...

So yeah, you barely ever provide any evidence (less than 1% of the time) only after countless requests from other posters, then stick with one single piece of evidence that helps you "Dur, da entry for da Sooperlaser seyzzz it has enuff powerz to destroy a planet" while ignoring other sources that clearly point to CR, like the visuals of a movie showing 2 explosions...

Do I really have to go through all your bullshit to point out how much of a Troll you are?
I think not...

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Let me get this straight:

You: You are a troll!
Me: Evidence please
You: You don't provide evidence!
Me: Prove it.
You: You refuse to provide!

You attempted to prove my refusal to provide evidence...by restating that I don't provide evidence. You used conclusion A to prove that conclusion A is true, and textbook example of circular reasoning.

Hilariously, the rest of your post (which was filler) was...stating an exception to the "rule". The entire purpose of your post was the provide evidence that I DID ignore evidence, and yet your thread says "you ignore evidence except for X"???



PS. I did provide calcs for Maul, calcs that you did not discredit. And you accuse me of only using one example, while at the same time using one turbolaser calculation for SW turbolaser yields. Uh huh. Oh, and I also cited the Endor example. You may disagree with my calcs, but that's besides the point.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:41 pm

so considering Chang set the standards for evidence at such a liberal level as to allow "other such works" not the silmarillion..

when is he going to prove that the M1- Abrahams tank or any tank the US has can melt a mountain..and core it? cause...if not then hooo boooyyy

Praeothmin
Jedi Master
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Quebec City

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 pm

SWST wrote:Let me get this straight:
Easy:
1-You are a Troll, who immediately came in spouting bullshit claims without ever providing any evidence for those claims;
2-Many people, myself included, repeatedly requested for such evidence, like the "20 millionzzzzzzz c speedzzzz for da SW", only to never have the evidence provided;
3-You not only did not provide evidence, when people provided counter evidence to your claims, you went to other threads and used the same bullshit arguments, again without evidence;
4-People, who up to that point were indeed providing evidence to counter your bullshit, got fed up, and started saying "No, I will no longer provide what you request since you never do when I request it";
5-I said to those people "If you're tired of debating bullshiter A, then ignore him, or point to threads where evidence he requests has been provided many times";
6-You continue to bullshit, and are still a Troll...

I don't think it can get any clearer...

User avatar
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Paradise Mountain

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:10 pm

References to the Irrational Chang Sect aside...

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Praeothmin wrote:
SWST wrote:Let me get this straight:
Easy:
1-You are a Troll, who immediately came in spouting bullshit claims without ever providing any evidence for those claims;
You still don't get it!

You claim A (that I'm a troll), and I ask you for proof. Your "proof" here...is to restate your premise? You logic is this:

You are A because you are A.

Wow.
2-Many people, myself included, repeatedly requested for such evidence, like the "20 millionzzzzzzz c speedzzzz for da SW", only to never have the evidence provided;
Yes I did. I provided two seperate calculations for FTL travel; one with which you did not rebute, another of which you did; or tried to.
3-You not only did not provide evidence, when people provided counter evidence to your claims, you went to other threads and used the same bullshit arguments, again without evidence;
Your logic:

You do A because you do A.

You're using the classic textbook example of circular logic.
4-People, who up to that point were indeed providing evidence to counter your bullshit, got fed up, and started saying "No, I will no longer provide what you request since you never do when I request it";
Prove it.
5-I said to those people "If you're tired of debating bullshiter A, then ignore him, or point to threads where evidence he requests has been provided many times";
6-You continue to bullshit, and are still a Troll...
See below.
I don't think it can get any clearer...
You can get a lot clearer, because there's something very, very foggy obscuring your statement:

PROOF

How hard can this be? When I ask for proof that I'm a troll, your response should not be to restate your premise. This is the epitome of dishonest debating tactics.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Quebec City

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:09 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote: How hard can this be? When I ask for proof that I'm a troll, your response should not be to restate your premise. This is the epitome of dishonest debating tactics.
So all the times you did not provide proof for your bullshit arguments, you were being dishonest?

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Praeothmin wrote: So all the times you did not provide proof for your bullshit arguments, you were being dishonest?
Oh my f-ing god...

"so all the times you did not provide proof..."

PROVE IT!

That's what I've been getting at this entire time; you claim that I haven't provided proof, and when I ask for PROOF that I do this, your response is to say...that I don't provide proof! It's "you're A because you're A" circular logic, and it's amazing that I keep on having to repeat this:

You: you're a troll
Me: Prove it
You: you're a troll because you're a troll
Me: Prove it
You: you're a troll and you keep on ignoring stuff
Me: Prove it
You: you're a troll because you're a troll
Me: facepalm

I'll ask you one more time:

PROVE THAT I AM A TROLL. PROVIDE EXAMPLES THAT I HAVE NOT ALREADY ADDRESSED OF ME "TROLLING". AND BY EXAMPLES, I MEAN SPECIFIC LINKS TO POSTS I MADE AND POTENTIALLY ANALYSES TO THAT IS NOT RHETORIC!

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain
Posts: 1246
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:That's what I've been getting at this entire time; you claim that I haven't provided proof, and when I ask for PROOF that I do this.....
The thread started specifically about you doing it was eventually abandoned and ignored by you when the posts with the "PROOF" came in thick and fast from multiple posters......

It is what you always do you move to another thread and claim that no proof or material has been provided.

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:That's what I've been getting at this entire time; you claim that I haven't provided proof, and when I ask for PROOF that I do this.....
The thread started specifically about you doing it was eventually abandoned and ignored by you when the posts with the "PROOF" came in thick and fast from multiple posters......

It is what you always do you move to another thread and claim that no proof or material has been provided.
Actually, unless if I missed a post, you dropped out of that one. I have not responded to Breetai because he refuses to accept film-novels, even after he agrees that Lucasarts considers them canon. No, honestly, look at the thread before you whine and complain. He actually says that he does not care about official canon policy, and only accepts what is shown "on screen".

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:39 pm

of course I refuse to consider something canon that adds scenes and reinvents scenes from the original content.

contradiction means it's invalid marvel considers all it's databooks canon so does DC yet they contradict what happens on panel out the wazoo...constantly to a sickening degree am I to consider them valid for evidence? hell fuck no

lucas own work does not get a free pass

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain
Posts: 1246
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:29 am

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Actually, unless if I missed a post, you dropped out of that one.
Regarding shielding you fucking ignored virtually every post made or just made up bullshit about auxiliary fucking shielding that has never been mentioned in any trek ever let alone that episode.
I have not responded to Breetai because he refuses to accept film-novels, even after he agrees that Lucasarts considers them canon.
Considering that G canon pisses on all of the bullshit, wanked up cherry picked claims you try to squeeze out of them i do not blame him, however there are others in the thread you also ignored.

1. So we have you ignoring the fact that your shielding calcs/claim (or to be honest copy/paste from wongs bullshit) has been destroyed and the material from relics you use is wrong.

2. You refuse to address other posters comments.

3. YOU ignore canon policy of SW in regards to G canon over ruling all your bullshit cherry picked and twisted shite from C canon.

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Parody of the SW vs ST debate

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:36 pm

The film-novels ARE G canon.

Post Reply