The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
sonofccn
Starship Captain
Posts: 1657
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:23 pm
Location: Sol system, Earth,USA

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by sonofccn » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:35 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:
Trinoya wrote:Why must you hurt me with facts Khas... :(

Orangestar vs SWST's "canon"

who wins?
The Roach empire which evolves after mankind is wiped out from that disaterous event's fallout of course.:)

All hail Lord Roachus Maximus!

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:48 am

sonofccn wrote: The Roach empire which evolves after mankind is wiped out from that disaterous event's fallout of course.:)

All hail Lord Roachus Maximus!
what's left of the mammals will surely be put into vast gladiatorial arenas..where roaches watch before Emperor Rochus Maximus Orangestar throne

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:51 am


you see that huge pile of shit up there? that's evidence of trolling
Do you understand the need to elaborate on your accusations? Evidence!



you provided no evidence what so ever for your claims apart from your typical opening fanficiton my claim was obviously pretty damn dumb but it was just as asinine as yours and actually has more official evidence backing it up
See those * symbols used? That was justification. Obviously you did not actually read my post, contrary to your claims.

I know you've never seen a single star trek episode in your life..I know your basically just repeating other peoples opinions here..but try at least and keep up in the time framr you mentioned..it'd more then likely be transwarp or QST

None of which were safely manfactured by the 24th century Federation. Who didn't watch Star Trek?


I mean the slow moving giants
Because obviously slow moving giants can circumnavigate a gas giant in 30 minutes. Do you even do the most basic of math to support your theories?
with weaponry that has has a range of a few hundred meters as backed up by the
primary canon that over rules everything you said in your post..that
Are you even bothering to think of the repercussions of your statements?

http://www.google.com/m/search?site=ima ... endor#i=21

Obviously, you will attempt to convince me and any reasonable onlookers that the ranges shown at the Battle of Endor are a few hundred meters. Naturally, you will fail.


http://www.google.com/m/search?site=ima ... nosis#i=54

Naturally, despite the fact that ground troops in Star Wars have shown ranges in G canon exceeding your random few hundred meters claim, you will continue to claim that those 700 meter long dropships were really just a few hundred meters away from the clone front.



as per primary
canon..churns out between sub KT to..say hiroshima level nuke power at best...vs
Naturally, you think that turbolasers contain sub nuclear firepower when the small proton torpedos that were ineffective against capital ships were described in G canon to be "thermonuclear fireworks". You will go on to dismiss G canon evidence in favor of TCW.
people who have destroyed the entire surface of a planet in under two seconds
And again, you make a claim without stating the episode or context.
and need to avoid using
their navigational phasers to clean up orbit other wise they could accidentally one shot
BDZ worlds
Yes, you really claim that phasers can accidentally one shot worlds when quantum torpedos:

http://www.google.com/m/search?gl=us&so ... net&flip=0

Are completely sub gigaton. Hey, they fired a quantum torpedo at a planet, and it did not BDZ it!

see it's fun playing the "lemme imitate SWST and just take the highest end for one and the lowest for another" type nonsense you pull and the best part is? you have an EU that isn't canon by simple demand for consistency with the primary canon..I'm just citing a few
episodes...that are entirely and unquestionably canon
Hey, you actually made a logical point! But you fail to back it up, and consistently make factually false claims; go watch the Battle of Endor and see if it holds up to your few hundred meters claim.

y'know what? from now on screw it...I'ma debate you the way you debate every one else and the best part is due to..me having actual canon on my side? yeah I'm still gonna be
debating more honestly then you...despite obviously trolling (and the best part is..due to
JMS own inability to see the difference between insults and insanity ) this is entirely within
forum rules legally..I'ma have fun dude
But hey, then you go back to your usual, rude and unsupported insults spamming without just backup or reason.

Honestly, you seriously claimed that ships capable of circumnavigating gas giants in 30 minutes are slow, and that the Battle of Endor took place in under a km range.
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
MORE valid evidence supporting it? Show me where, in your post, you provided ANY evidence, good or bad, supporting it.
well show me where you cited valid evidence supporting yours? oh..wait you can't because everything you said came from a non canon poorly written heap of shit...that contradicts the films

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:19 am

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Do you understand the need to elaborate on your accusations? Evidence![
I just did in fact the mere fact that this was moved to the fanfiction section shows just how outrageous your conduct is
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: See those * symbols used? That was justification. Obviously you did not actually read my post, contrary to your claims.

i did read your post obviously the bullshit was over nine thousand
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: None of which were safely manfactured by the 24th century Federation. Who didn't watch Star Trek?
you mean like how janeway brought all that home on her own and was actively experimenting in QST

StarWarsStarTrek wrote: Because obviously slow moving giants can circumnavigate a gas giant in 30 minutes. Do you even do the most basic of math to support your theories?
compared to the other side that can cross an entire solar system inside of half an hour on cruising speed?

StarWarsStarTrek wrote: Are you even bothering to think of the repercussions of your statements?

http://www.google.com/m/search?site=ima ... endor#i=21
are you? seeing as your lying constantly about what happened at endor and ANH and have been punished for it
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: Obviously, you will attempt to convince me and any reasonable onlookers that the ranges shown at the Battle of Endor are a few hundred meters. Naturally, you will fail.
seeing as you've lost every debate you've had against me I'm not especially concerned
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: http://www.google.com/m/search?site=ima ... nosis#i=54

Naturally, despite the fact that ground troops in Star Wars have shown ranges in G canon exceeding your random few hundred meters claim, you will continue to claim that those 700 meter long dropships were really just a few hundred meters away from the clone front.

no they don't

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:Naturally, you think that turbolasers contain sub nuclear firepower when the small proton torpedos that were ineffective against capital ships were described in G canon to be "thermonuclear fireworks". You will go on to dismiss G canon evidence in favor of TCW.
seeing as the films back up 1 megaton at most..and normally kiloton fire power and nothing else

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:And again, you make a claim without stating the episode or context.
because every time I do you ignore it as every one else has pointed out
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: Yes, you really claim that phasers can accidentally one shot worlds when quantum torpedos:
and there you go with absolute and direct lying...again
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: Are completely sub gigaton. Hey, they fired a quantum torpedo at a planet, and it did not BDZ it!
seeing as and this is where your rampant lying comes in or massive ignorance..it not only had no yields what so ever..but merely containing something to make the planet unlivable for humans still caused a shockwave seen for hundreds of miles

boy the depth of your biased knows no bounds
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: Hey, you actually made a logical point! But you fail to back it up, and consistently make factually false claims; go watch the Battle of Endor and see if it holds up to your few hundred meters claim.
and yet the battle of endor totally supports my claims as at no point did anything but fighters see action on screen and ships had to close to point blank..just like in ep 3 when cap ships had to fire more or less a few hundred meters at max..to meters at min

StarWarsStarTrek wrote: But hey, then you go back to your usual, rude and unsupported insults spamming without just backup or reason.
my treatment of you is entirely justified and you deserve worse..but sadly I'm not allowed to give
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Honestly, you seriously claimed that ships capable of circumnavigating gas giants in 30 minutes are slow, and that the Battle of Endor took place in under a km range.
well can't argue with whats on screen SWST just get over it and move on son I did

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:26 pm
Contact:

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:15 pm

On review, I'm deeming the particular placement, timing, and circumstances of this thread to be provocative. It does not seem like this was a thread that was likely to lead anywhere productive in terms of discussion when it was created; and SWST, I think you knew that.

Breetai, I think someone else has already warned you for your conduct in this thread, but if not, consider yourself cautioned.

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:On review, I'm deeming the particular placement, timing, and circumstances of this thread to be provocative. It does not seem like this was a thread that was likely to lead anywhere productive in terms of discussion when it was created; and SWST, I think you knew that.

Breetai, I think someone else has already warned you for your conduct in this thread, but if not, consider yourself cautioned.
The purpose of this thread was to place my arguments together and describe their significance. You see, rarely in this board do we actually discuss what would actually transpire in a hypothetical war; we simply debate firepower yields/shield yields/speeds/industrial might/etc.


Admiral Breetai wrote: I just did in fact the mere fact that this was moved to the fanfiction section shows just how outrageous your conduct is
See? Your response to requests for evidence is the elusive "I just did".



i did read your post obviously the bullshit was over nine thousand
Goalpost move. Your original claim was that I provided no justification, not that my justification was bad.
you mean like how janeway brought all that home on her own and was actively experimenting in QST
Experimenting =/= ready for deployment.
compared to the other side that can cross an entire solar system inside of half an hour on cruising speed?
Red herring. Star Trek ships never move that fast in combat, and there are plenty of sources contradicting such feats. For example, there are times where they are screaming "get us out of orbit!" while moving at speeds nowhere near the Jupiter incident.

are you? seeing as your lying constantly about what happened at endor and ANH and have been punished for it
See? You fail to back up your dishonest claim.. Instead, you try and justify your dishonesty by claiming that I was "constantly lying" about what happened at endor and ANH; obviously, you fail to actually justify this statement.

seeing as you've lost every debate you've had against me I'm not especially concerned
As I expected, you have failed to back up your "few hundred meters" claim. Go watch the Battle of Endor on youtube.


no they don't

Is this supposed to be a rebuttal? Where's the evidence, breentai?
seeing as the films back up 1 megaton at most..and normally kiloton fire power and nothing else
Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdRywohh2Tc

Double standard you, where do you see megaton level weapons here, in Star Trek?

You also fail to realize that the film-novels are G canon, and are valid unless explicitly overruled by the films themselves. And go search up the word overruled before you claim that lack of evidence = overruled.

[SPOILER]Answer: you don't see megaton level explosions because they're in space. Basic physics.[/SPOILER]

because every time I do you ignore it as every one else has pointed out
I don't have to ignore anything, because you don't bring any evidence for me to ignore.

and there you go with absolute and direct lying...again
So you care to support your claim that phasers can BDZ a planet?

seeing as and this is where your rampant lying comes in or massive ignorance..it not only had no yields what so ever..but merely containing something to make the planet unlivable for humans still caused a shockwave seen for hundreds of miles

boy the depth of your biased knows no bounds
Goalpost move. You claimed that phasers are so powerful they could accidentally wipe out a planet. We see two quantum torpeods failing to cover the entire planet, despite being far more powerful than phasers.

and yet the battle of endor totally supports my claims as at no point did anything but fighters see action on screen and ships had to close to point blank..just like in ep 3 when cap ships had to fire more or less a few hundred meters at max..to meters at min
Read:

Desperately, he was shouting into his comlink, over the noise of continuous explosions, talking to Ackbar in the Alliance command ship. "I said closer! Move in as close as you can and engage the Star Destroyers at point-blank range- that way the Death Star won't be able to fire at us without knocking out its own ships!"

"But no one's ever gone nose to nose at that range, between supervessels like their Destroyers and our Cruisers!" Ackbar fumed at the unthinkable- but their options were running out.

"Great!" yelled Lando, skimming over the surface of the Destroyer. "Then we're inventing a new kind of combat!"

"We know nothing about the tactics of such a confrontation!" Ackbar protested.

"We know as much as they do!" Lando hollered. "And they'll think we know more!" Bluffing was always dangerous in the last hand; but sometimes, when all your money was in the pot, it was the only way to win- and Lando never played to lose.

"At that close range, we won't last long against those Star Destroyers." Ackbar was already feeling giddy with resignation.

"We'll last longer than we will against that Death Star, and we might just take a few of them with us!" Lando whooped. With a jolt, one of his forward guns was blown away. He put the Falcon into a controlled spin, and careened around the belly of the Imperial leviathan.

With little else to lose, Ackbar decided to try Calrissian's strategy. In the next minutes, dozens of Rebel Cruisers moved in astronomically close to the Imperial Star Destroyers- and the colossal antagonists began blasting away at each other, like tanks at twenty paces, while hundreds of tiny fighters raced across their surfaces, zipping between laser bolts as they chased around the massive hulls.

my treatment of you is entirely justified and you deserve worse..but sadly I'm not allowed to give
You fail to prove this.
well can't argue with whats on screen SWST just get over it and move on son I did
Again, explain how circumnavigating a gas giant in 30 minutes is slow.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:
Breetai, I think someone else has already warned you for your conduct in this thread, but if not, consider yourself cautioned.

really I just proved this guys dishonesty and cited examples and your first action is threaten me and back stab your mods..and for this? he certainly isn't showing you any gratitude
Last edited by Admiral Breetai on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:34 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote: The purpose of this thread was to place my arguments together and describe their significance. You see, rarely in this board do we actually discuss what would actually transpire in a hypothetical war; we simply debate firepower yields/shield yields/speeds/industrial might/etc.]

bullshit your aim was to troll

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:See? Your response to requests for evidence is the elusive "I just did".
I submitted your entire opening post as flame bait and was agreed with by mods who actually know how to do their jobs

[
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:Goalpost move. Your original claim was that I provided no justification, not that my justification was bad.
it is you have no primary canon bases for your nonsensical claims..and ontop of all that your lying


StarWarsStarTrek wrote: Experimenting =/= ready for deployment.
yeah okay when a scoutship and shuttle can launch themselves into subspace slipstream and actually manage to cross something like three thousand lightyears before having to exit it..due to essentially their rinky dink running on dregs under staffed and undersupplied boat couldn't carry them all home before smacking into a planet due well their ship being shit

pretty much means five minutes in a room with some whiskey and beer Scotty and miles with better resources can mass produce this

StarWarsStarTrek wrote: Red herring. Star Trek ships never move that fast in combat, and there are plenty of sources contradicting such feats. For example, there are times where they are screaming "get us out of orbit!" while moving at speeds nowhere near the Jupiter incident.
yes they do in fact there have been entire battles fought..at those speeds and at those ranges...since TOS...in fact voyager aside they usually come to two or three per season
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: See? You fail to back up your dishonest claim.. Instead, you try and justify your dishonesty by claiming that I was "constantly lying" about what happened at endor and ANH; obviously, you fail to actually justify this statement.
what the hell are you talking about preao Kor O and myself have done play by play rundowns..of Endors ranges..each of us coming to a conclusion vastly less then your assumptions

your at this junction lying bold faced
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: As I expected, you have failed to back up your "few hundred meters" claim. Go watch the Battle of Endor on youtube.
seeing as I've made numerous references to it across many threads and every single time common sense and a good set of eyes..have in fact debunked your claims..please stop lying

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:Is this supposed to be a rebuttal? Where's the evidence, breentai?
post some first like every one on this forums been asking you and we'll talk


StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdRywohh2Tc

Double standard you, where do you see megaton level weapons here, in Star Trek?
wow I can't believe this..dooes JMS obvious hostility towards us embolden you so? do you not recall what happened the last time you used the great links videos?

congratulations SWST you have officially and beyond the shadow of any doubt submitted proof of your patent dishonesty...after being told multiple times that these video series not only use clips from other series but deliberately mix up episodes and scenes edit them alter them..and what not

not only is this completely not canon and thus invalid it paints a fan based picture of the star wars universe and nothing else

to add to this the scene your referring too? yeah that's defiant armor depowered and weakened withstanding fire power several hundred times greater then the hand phaser Data used to annihilate an aqueduct that went on for miles.up a mountain utterly vaporizing it in the process

sitting here trying to pass this off as megaton fire power is nearly as dishonest as using that video as evidence
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: You also fail to realize that the film-novels are G canon, and are valid unless explicitly overruled by the films themselves. And go search up the word overruled before you claim that lack of evidence = overruled.
when the novels describe something that did not happen on screen..their evidence is beyond my capacity to give a fuck for
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: I don't have to ignore anything, because you don't bring any evidence for me to ignore.
that's an absolute lie..I've made very detailed posts documenting everything you claimed wrong

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:]
Goalpost move. You claimed that phasers are so powerful they could accidentally wipe out a planet. =

this is supported by TNG when Goerdi doing a clean up job had to use another method as their mere navigational phasers could of ripped the atmosphere off the planet...and another course of action would of ignited it
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:We see two quantum torpeods failing to cover the entire planet, despite being far more powerful than phasers.
this again a complete lie and you are again (JMS are you blind to this) engaging in a deliberate lie..the Q torps where loaded with a chemical or something to poison the atmosphere from human use...not do anything else and they still covered hundreds of miles

several yieldless torpedoes from voyager spanned an entire planet reversing all the atmospheric damage too..even yieldless they produce greater potency then anything in Sw sans the DS

Read:

Desperately, he was shouting into his comlink, over the noise of continuous explosions, talking to Ackbar in the Alliance command ship. "I said closer! Move in as close as you can and engage the Star Destroyers at point-blank range- that way the Death Star won't be able to fire at us without knocking out its own ships!"

"But no one's ever gone nose to nose at that range, between supervessels like their Destroyers and our Cruisers!" Ackbar fumed at the unthinkable- but their options were running out.

"Great!" yelled Lando, skimming over the surface of the Destroyer. "Then we're inventing a new kind of combat!"

"We know nothing about the tactics of such a confrontation!" Ackbar protested.

"We know as much as they do!" Lando hollered. "And they'll think we know more!" Bluffing was always dangerous in the last hand; but sometimes, when all your money was in the pot, it was the only way to win- and Lando never played to lose.

"At that close range, we won't last long against those Star Destroyers." Ackbar was already feeling giddy with resignation.

"We'll last longer than we will against that Death Star, and we might just take a few of them with us!" Lando whooped. With a jolt, one of his forward guns was blown away. He put the Falcon into a controlled spin, and careened around the belly of the Imperial leviathan.

With little else to lose, Ackbar decided to try Calrissian's strategy. In the next minutes, dozens of Rebel Cruisers moved in astronomically close to the Imperial Star Destroyers- and the colossal antagonists began blasting away at each other, like tanks at twenty paces, while hundreds of tiny fighters raced across their surfaces, zipping between laser bolts as they chased around the massive hulls.
oh look something that didn't happen in the films...


StarWarsStarTrek wrote: You fail to prove this
.

we have all proven this..you got lucky that JMS has an ax to grind against some of us
StarWarsStarTrek wrote: Again, explain how circumnavigating a gas giant in 30 minutes is slow.
when compared to the opposition it certainly is

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:20 am

Breentai, if you wish to continue the debate, we can create a separate one on one debate thread to avoid derailment. Honestly, there is no reason why we have to hate each other like this, but I suppose that it is a bi-product of the debate.




For the general audience:


As for this thread, it is not provocative. More specifically, this is the point. Star Wars can easily defeat Star Trek, even if yields were both megaton level, through:

1. Some basic competence
2. Hyperdrive
3. Industrial might
4. Orbital bombardment- it hardly even matters what version you use so long as it's reasonable

More specifically, Star Wars can strike at any Federation star system faster than said star system can even communicate. The advantage of hyperdrive is extreme; this means that a fleet can strike at any Federation planet at any time with no warning.

How does the Federation respond to this? The Federation is ill equipped to send reinforcements a significant distance in time:

DATA: The border outpost reports a contingent of seven Romulan battlecruisers within sensor range. The USS Berlin has answered their distress call, and is standing by. However, should hostilities erupt, the outpost and the starship will be outgunned. It is felt that the Enterprise's presence in the area will be a vital show of force.

TASHA: Some show of force. The Enterprise may be able to fly on autopilot. But with that virus knocking down our crew, we're going to be in sorry shape if things turn ugly.

There are only two starships on ready to intercept Romulan ships on the Federation-Romulan border!




STARBASE COMPUTER: The USS Enterprise has departed in excess of warp one.

...

GEORDI: What do we do?

DATA: Which is the nearest Starfleet vessel?

QUINTEROS: The Trieste.

DATA: I know the Trieste. Too small, too slow.

QUINTEROS: Plus it's sixty-six hours away.



Only one starship in range, and that one is sixty six hours away?


PICARD: Three weeks. Starfleet is profuse in their apologies, but it will still be three weeks.

RIKER: Until?

PICARD: Until the arrival of a colony transport ship equipped with dedicated personnel shuttles.

RIKER: We can't wait three weeks.

PICARD: The Sheliak must agree to extend our deadline ... if they plan to settle Tau Cygna Five two days from now...

RIKER: One of their ships must already be en route.


An emergency situation with tens of thousands of lives on the line, and the closest transport ship is 3 weeks away?

Therefore, we can tell that the Federation is already stretched very thin. Typically, it expects to have warning time in the period of weeks or months of an attack; in this case, Star Wars can attack Earth within a day. The Federation will have to stretch its forces extremely thin, because it cannot send reinforcements more than a few light years in time.



Any Federation counterattack would literally take decades to reach Coruscant and would therefore be infeasible.



If the war somehow stretches on, Star Wars still wins. Why? Because it can produce more in a year than the Federation can in twenty, as shown by the construction of the two Death Stars. Those outmass the entire Federation starfleet by several orders of magnitude, and the second was half completed in under a year, in secret! Even if we go by 1.5 megatons vs 100 megaton calculations, Star Wars can quite literally drown Earth in numbers.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:47 am

well looks like you ran..and no we will not continue this in another thread your last challenge thread was merely a troll thread just like this one...i will not endure another such call out thread its beneath me and any one else here

as for more of your fanfiction..again we've been over this post Dominoon war the feds have between ten and thirty thousand vessels..and their defenses based off primary canon would utterly rape an SW fleet unless it was some boondocks shithole world

sonofccn
Starship Captain
Posts: 1657
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:23 pm
Location: Sol system, Earth,USA

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by sonofccn » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:05 am

SWST wrote:As for this thread, it is not provocative
If you say so.
1. Some basic competence
2. Hyperdrive
3. Industrial might
4. Orbital bombardment- it hardly even matters what version you use so long as it's reasonable
1. What you wrote wasn't basic competence it was full fledged favortism for your prefered faction.

2. Highly debateable both in raw speed in comparison to the Federation and how effective they could even cataloge hyperspace lanes. Much less the issue of warp allowing you to fly more or less anywhere while hyperdrives are crippling stuck to the lanes.

3.That isn't overly argued by anyone here that I am aware of. The Empire is presumed to have a raw industrial advantage and several people believe that is enough to win them the war.

4. Yes orbital bombardment means who wins the space war wins the ground war, its how likely you can get to that point where we differ.
How does the Federation respond to this? The Federation is ill equipped to send reinforcements a significant distance in time:
If you will please in the future provide episode titles, seasons as well if possible, to help me track down what you are talking about.
DATA: The border outpost reports a contingent of seven Romulan battlecruisers within sensor range. The USS Berlin has answered their distress call, and is standing by. However, should hostilities erupt, the outpost and the starship will be outgunned. It is felt that the Enterprise's presence in the area will be a vital show of force.

TASHA: Some show of force. The Enterprise may be able to fly on autopilot. But with that virus knocking down our crew, we're going to be in sorry shape if things turn ugly.
Okay this is I believe Angel one {TNG-1} and if we had any idea where Angel one is in relation to the Neutral zone we might be able to do something.

As well the Romulan neutral zone was a rather low key affair, guarded by armed and shielded asteriod bases at least in the 23rd century, at that time as we learn from the Neutral Zone {TNG-1}
Neutral Zone wrote: RIKER
There's been no direct contact
with the Romulans since the Tomed
Incident.

PICARD
The question is: Why here? Why
now? What's their objective, if
indeed they have one? For half
a century there's barely a whisper
about them and now for no apparent
reason they seem to be back with
a roar. Why?
Neutral Zone wrote:RIKER
Amazing. I never thought I would
ever see a Romulan ship -- not this
close.

GEORDI
The last encounter was decades
ago and cost thousands of lives
Neutral Zone wrote:TEBOK
Captain Picard, because your
actions are those of a thoughtful
man who is neither rash nor easily
provoked, I tell you this. More
urgent matters have caused our
absence, and witness the results.
Outposts destroyed, evidence of
the Federation everywhere. We
have been negligent, but no more.

PICARD
We have made some progress in our
relations... let's not ruin that
with unnecessary posturing.

TEBOK
Your presence is not wanted. Do
you understand my meaning? We
are back!
So why praytell during the early TNG era should this place be bristling with warfleets? Why should there be more than a couple of ships within a day or two ride to a largely quiet sector of space?
STARBASE COMPUTER: The USS Enterprise has departed in excess of warp one.

...

GEORDI: What do we do?

DATA: Which is the nearest Starfleet vessel?

QUINTEROS: The Trieste.

DATA: I know the Trieste. Too small, too slow.

QUINTEROS: Plus it's sixty-six hours away.
I can't place this episode from what little context you provided. In addition what starbase this is would be informative.
PICARD: Three weeks. Starfleet is profuse in their apologies, but it will still be three weeks.

RIKER: Until?

PICARD: Until the arrival of a colony transport ship equipped with dedicated personnel shuttles.

RIKER: We can't wait three weeks.

PICARD: The Sheliak must agree to extend our deadline ... if they plan to settle Tau Cygna Five two days from now...

RIKER: One of their ships must already be en route.
This should be Ensigns of Command {TNG-3} and you are missing two vital pieces of information. Here is the first.
Ensings of Command wrote:So, the Sheliak weren't
hallucinating.

PICARD
Numbers?

WORF
Impossible to get an accurate
reading, Captain. The high
radiation levels are disrupting
our sensors.

DATA
Hyperonic radiation also
interferes with ship's
transporters; they are now
inoperable.
It isn't anystarship that can do the job but one dedicated with shuttles, as your quote refrences, ergo a specialized vessel which obviously would be far less common than a run of the mill starship. The second:
Ensign of Command wrote:SHELIAK VOICE
Federation creatures, there are
humans on the fifth planet of Tau
Cygna. This planet was ceded
to the corporate in section one
hundred and thirty-three,
paragraph seventy-seven of the
Treaty of Armens. We will begin
settlement of this world in four
days. Remove the humans.

Riker is up, and heading for Science One.

PICARD
What the devil --

SHELIAK VOICE
Federation creatures, there are
humans on the fifth planet --

PICARD
Cancel message.

Inquiring look to Riker.

RIKER
Tau Cygna Five is in the de Laure
belt -- heavy concentrations of
hyperonic radiation.

STAR TREK: "Ensigns of Command" - REV. 7/14/89 - TEASER 4.

4 CONTINUED:

PICARD
Humans can't survive in such an
environment. Exposure to
hyperonic radiation is fatal.

RIKER
Then the Sheliak are asking us
to chase ghosts.
This wasn't a known Federation colony, it was in fact the result of a crashed TOS era type starship, but a normally uninhabital world in an untraversed area of space of which they only learned about two days before your quote.

In counter point I'd like to submit this. Specificly at time stampes (5:47) when Starfleet first learns of the borg warptunnel and (6:54) when we learn they have eighteen ships and nine more on the way. Minutes at best elasped, the only firm datapoint is longer than 30 seconds as mentioned by the crew.
Therefore, we can tell that the Federation is already stretched very thin. Typically, it expects to have warning time in the period of weeks or months of an attack; in this case, Star Wars can attack Earth within a day. The Federation will have to stretch its forces extremely thin, because it cannot send reinforcements more than a few light years in time.
Well to that I counter with this.
BOBW wrote:Your engagements gave us valuable
time. We've mobilized a fleet
of forty starships at Wolf 359
and that's just for starters...
the Klingons are sending
warships... Hell, we've even
thought about opening
communications with the
Romulans...
Forty ships on a surprise out of the blue type assault that didn't give them weeks or even days to scramble a fleet togather.
If the war somehow stretches on, Star Wars still wins. Why? Because it can produce more in a year than the Federation can in twenty, as shown by the construction of the two Death Stars. Those outmass the entire Federation starfleet by several orders of magnitude, and the second was half completed in under a year, in secret!
You are free to prove the DS2 was built in a solitary year, while its older, smaller brother was built in twenty. I eagerly await this. As well you might do well to explain why, if the death stars are such a great marker of shipbuilding capability, the the Republic, the Sepertists or the Empire's numbers are so much smaller.
Specter of the past wrote:A thousand systems left, out of an Empire that had once spanned a million. Two hundred Star Destroyers remaining from a fleet that had once included over twenty-five thousand of them.
Star Destroyers, like Victories, Ventures(sp), ISD mark I and mark II, super star destroyers etc. Not millions, not hundreds of thousand, twenty-five. For refrence the Federation likely has about ten thousand.

User1662
Redshirt
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by User1662 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:
Trinoya wrote:Why must you hurt me with facts Khas... :(

Orangestar vs SWST's "canon"

who wins?
Looks Sci-Fi fan has been trolling with his crap here too. No surprise :rollseyes:

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:23 pm

Rogerd wrote:[Looks Sci-Fi fan has been trolling with his crap here too. No surprise :rollseyes:
Very much so. still i have to admit while every one of us who contributes regularly to the fanfic section has posted some very dark and violent stories..this guy shits out comedy gold.

Iscander
Padawan
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:45 am

Re: The One Day War: Galactic Alliance vs Federation

Post by Iscander » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:11 am


Post Reply