The Tides of History (an St/Sw cross over)

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: The Tides of History (an St/Sw cross over)

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:54 pm

…………….

Allied Star Base Red Dawn twelve days post declaration of war

The independence and the newly repaired Odan Urr floated in the void two symbols of the rebel alliances strength both given engine and weapons enhancements they could move faster and fire quicker and harder now. The shields where slightly better but no technology was given that would have evened the playing field as that would simply not be allowed. Vi’retess smirked the rebels made for excellent allies too desperate to take a chance on their own and too moral to betray them as the Cardassians did or at least so he believed. He turned and picked up some tea as a yellow skinned alien with no hair entered the room one of the Dominion client races “I am sorry to disturb you vorta but you must read this” Vi’retess grabbed the report and read it immediately his eyes began to seethe with rage “he did what! He used what! We gave orders those weapons would not be used unless I specifically approved!” he hissed reading it further he learned the fat fool had manage to kill himself in battle but resulted in some captured technology “officially the Imperials are saying it was a natural disaster they’re down playing it but unofficially” he said Vi’retess eyed him intently “did his conscience have a chance to down load?’ he asked coldly “no sir the clone will simply be an imprint with all his personality and memories up until the last update which was six days before this happened” Vi’retess nodded his emotions reigned in by years of experience and mastery that came with being one of the older Vorta another yellow skinned alien came in at this time presented him with another document reading this one Vi’retess collapsed in his seat

“”They did what!!!” “destroyed it completely only a hundred and fifty vessels where able to escape only six of those cruisers and all need to be completed” “THEY GOT US BECAUSE OF HIS IDIOCY” he yelled suddenly before relaxing “his stupidity has cost the Dominion the element of surprise and a vital shipyard” he said loudly and coldly “when you bring his new incarnation online kill him and then do it a second time” he said coldly “twice for two mistakes” he rose up his eyes where menacing and icy he gave them all orders to rearrange construct duties and to delegate more duties to some of the smaller shipyards before walking off towards the transporter bay. He would vent his immense frustration on the unsuspecting imperials in the Chomell sector

-………………

Naboo Chomell sector capital 14 days post declaration of war

Grand Moff Exian strolled idly along the Naboo royal palace, he smiled enjoying the gardens and all the leisure that seemed to dominant this planet , he was in charge of over seeing this sector and had to concede he rather enjoyed it true there was a great deal of anti imperial sentiment and since the attack on Red Dawn the imperial troops had to tighten security due to amped up terrorist attacks by rebel sympathizers but he was still able to enjoy his leisurely strolls and enjoy his fine brandy and mixing it up with the elite of the sector. He looked up at the sun lazily and grinned ah what a position this was! And likely too far away from the rebellion to make any effective strike, even with the aid of this “Dominion” which he was quite sure was simply a small minor power with unusual technology trying to impress the larger galactic crowd and failing at it. The Empire would crush them and long before he had to do anything official he was sure of it, the fleet of sixty ISD’s and some six hundred support craft and various orbital defenses that guarded his world would more then compensate and he doubted these mindless alien scum could really do much of anything.

Above orbit Imperial star destroyer Kremin

Captain Filus Morlin went over reports from his daily sector patrol as he watch the ship exit hyperspace near Naboo all in all so far it had been an uneventful war, they had seized one major imperial base destroyed another and made a series of loud boasts harassed the imperial holonet so much a black out was ordered then fell back to lick their wounds. He was sure this due likely to them building up their forces for a major attack, occupying Red Dawn had completely cut the empire off from their forces in the outer rim territories and he was sure they where biding their time for some type of major raid, so far they hadn’t and so far the Dominion had struck quickly made some noise then died down. He wondered why that was if they where simply buying time and if so for what? Ships? Personnel? If they truly hailed from another galaxy maybe they were waiting on reinforcements from home? And if so how long would it take all of these things raced through the captains mind he did have over a hundred star destroyers on stand by in the expansion region a security wall to reassure the populace and put on a show of force though he knew such large battle groups tended to be rare and resource consumptive, all the same he fully expected not to use them yet, when was the question and it seemed only a matter of time. Such thoughts raced through Captain Morlin’s head when suddenly alert klaxons began blaring all about him

“Sir Space distortions and hyper jumps coming in!! “ “Where!!” “Around lunar orbit! Sir’ he paused “the Dominions here” “what!? How many!” ‘all of it sir” he said alarmed. Captain Morlin looked up eying hundreds of small purple vessels the large ones lumbering forward in numbers he didn’t even want to count while reports immediately began blaring of Rebel vessels and Dominion attack fleets and their allies assaulting every other sector in this part of the mid rims.

“captain orders”

The frantic call from the tech was met with silence “captain!! Orders!!”

Captain Morlin collapsed in his seat eyes narrowing mastering himself and shaking off the shock “we’re imperial officers!!! Rip into them until they loose their thirst for battle! Then route these Xeno scum bags and drive them from the mid rims!” he yelled “for the empire!!”

It was said in later years by historians that the first battle of Naboo looked like a cosmic hurricane it was said that this battle laid the foundations for later events in the war but by its contemporaries the battle only became known as the great cosmic graveyard

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Ah...so this is how a galaxy burns. :)

Ar’tech did a bad thing didn't he? What with the force back lash and dark side dominiated maniacs. Why do I have the feeling that after doing the difficult task of making the Imperials the nice guys you now will up the ante and add a new faction which makes the Dominion seem nice and pleasent in comparison.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:46 am

sonofccn wrote:Ah...so this is how a galaxy burns. :)

Ar’tech did a bad thing didn't he? What with the force back lash and dark side dominiated maniacs. Why do I have the feeling that after doing the difficult task of making the Imperials the nice guys you now will up the ante and add a new faction which makes the Dominion seem nice and pleasent in comparison.
nope but Ar'techs insanity and his telepaths reaction to the force is going to make the ancient one and Vir'etess more motivated to do all sorts of really nasty shit

basically your going to see the level depravity of degenerate abject cruelty The Dominions capable of when the Feds chest of WMD's isn't there to keep them in check.
but you where spot on earlier when you associated The old Vorta with Nazi and Soviet officials..this is only the begining...you have no idea the kind of crap I'm planning..for both the Imperials and the Dominion when things..get worse

put it to you this way the only heroes are going to be Garros Simon Tarses Luke Akbar and (spoiler)Guylos

now i have a question for you I'm thinking of either doing an Imperial news service broadcast detailing the war since they initiated a black out maybe showcasing the imperial battle over naboo for propaganda purposes...and then switch to The Dominion and Rebels propaganda machines

or do you want a pure battle sequence with perspectives from all sides? or both? the reason I ask is because I'm presently heading down south for some business and have about two weeks to think up a good set of chapters to come back and put to words...

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Imperial news for the win!

Remember this comes from the Emperor himself! Are you calling him a liar?*

* rehtorical, if you did you wouldn't exist.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:44 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:
sonofccn wrote: basically your going to see the level depravity of degenerate abject cruelty The Dominions capable of when the Feds chest of WMD's isn't there to keep them in check.
but you where spot on earlier when you associated The old Vorta with Nazi and Soviet officials..this is only the begining...you have no idea the kind of crap I'm planning..for both the Imperials and the Dominion when things..get worse
So... what'll it be? Protomatter-trilithium-tekasite starkiller bombs? A variation of the Quickening disease? Or maybe perhaps isolytic subspace weaponary?
-Mike

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:20 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:
So... what'll it be? Protomatter-trilithium-tekasite starkiller bombs? A variation of the Quickening disease? Or maybe perhaps isolytic subspace weaponary?
-Mike
I'm going to severely limit the protomatter tech it'll be rarely used since its sort of a game breaker but yeah the bio bombs and isolytic weaponry (though I thought only the sona used them) mind you the empires gonna retaliate just as vicious like I said in the beginning I want it to be a really long fight with both sides being pushed to the limit not a stomp fic

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 pm

You know, this is the first time I've ever read a story in which the Dominion and Empire were enemies. Usually, they're working together. I like.

On a different note, is there going to be any Ham To Ham Combat? You know, when two characters try to out-ham each other?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Khas wrote:You know, this is the first time I've ever read a story in which the Dominion and Empire were enemies. Usually, they're working together. I like.
really? allied? the stories any good? I think they make better enemies from a story perspective for what I'm going for then say the feds or the romulans or the klingons
Khas wrote:On a different note, is there going to be any Ham To Ham Combat? You know, when two characters try to out-ham each other?
which of my main characters do you think are the hammiest? I've been thinking of having Vi'retess and The Emperor go at in a publicly broadcasted holodebate or something since sidious is so naturally over the top he's awesome and the old Vorta has like a palpable scumbag air to him

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:
Khas wrote:You know, this is the first time I've ever read a story in which the Dominion and Empire were enemies. Usually, they're working together. I like.
really? allied? the stories any good? I think they make better enemies from a story perspective for what I'm going for then say the feds or the romulans or the klingons
Usually, they're pretty mediocre.
Admiral Breetai wrote:
Khas wrote:On a different note, is there going to be any Ham To Ham Combat? You know, when two characters try to out-ham each other?
which of my main characters do you think are the hammiest? I've been thinking of having Vi'retess and The Emperor go at in a publicly broadcasted holodebate or something since sidious is so naturally over the top he's awesome and the old Vorta has like a palpable scumbag air to him
The battle will be legendary then.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed May 04, 2011 4:23 am

Khas wrote: Usually, they're pretty mediocre.
really? like what Wars wank? or trek? or just not too interested
Khas wrote:
The battle will be legendary then.
I hope so ham to ham combat needs to be well written so I'll dedicate time to get the right mix of over the topness for both sides

the ham to ham combat thing got me going I was wondering what type of "tropes" (from the Tv tropes site) are common place in my story I'd be think large ham and complete monster..evil vs evil "it get's worse" and "everythings worse with bears" would be there too (Miraz and Viraz)

in any case sorry for taking so long to update new chapter coming up soon and I look forward to following every one elses stories (don't let me be the only one updating khas proth,Sonofccn) sorry for my procrastination

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed May 04, 2011 6:17 am

new chapter up a little Irony and Imperial propaganda sorry it's not so detailed I'll actually write up the battle and well it's not even close to being over...I'll probably make it a 72 plus hour battle if you guys want to see it.

any ways here you go sorry it's so small

Outer rim territories 24 hours post invasion of the Chomell sector

Thanagar let out a sigh of frustration as the Divine wind’s internal lights went off, Super star Destroyers were massively power houses but like expensive racing steeds they needed high maintenance effecting repairs after the battle was time consuming and he disliked it when environmental or lighting tended go offline during the more complex repairs. The battle had been a resounding success obliterating the shipyard and sending a message how ever the battle group had been costly and those damned anti matter warheads which came out of nowhere had been a serious shock. He had insisted leading from the main command bridge of the super star destroyer though many felt it would be risky as Dominion vessels seemed to have a preference for assaulting the bridge tower Thanagar wanted to look the enemy in the eyes and not hide in the secondary bridge, this choice he found out later had saved his life. The Dominions damned polaron radiation based weapons tended to ignore shields entirely and burn into armor easier than turbo laser fire could but them combined with those anti matter missiles had torn a massive section out of the divine wind vaporizing the secondary bridge completely. Now he sat in an imperial repair base and had immediately ordered a complete communications blackout for the sector in case dominion had been listening. Thanagar dispatched several hyperspace capable shuttles on courier runs to imperial space to relay his plans to the council of Grand Admirals and to the emperor himself though he suspected that he would not receive a reply for awhile. Things seemed tense it would be several weeks before repairs could be effected but when they finished he would make the divine wind the default command center for the Empires war effort in the outer rim theatre. He would harass and bully the Dominion assets in the area take the fight to their allies once he found the location of their worlds and would force the Dominion to divert resources from what would by now (by Grant and Guylos’s predictions in any case) an invasion of the mid rim.

The space around his vessels remained calm nothing was happening no one had entered or exited and aside from the local regional governor’s issues with being cut off from communication for the time being he received no worries. That was until the lights got back and he heard an alert call. Bustling towards the main bridge he saw his soldiers snapping into actions issuing commands to be ready for fire and issue challenge. He had trained his men well and was very proud, “anything?” “Seven ships have exited hyperspace at the edge of our sensors Grand Admiral “ “information sensor profiles come on hurry” Thanagar ordered “several imperial freighters severely damaged one Venator class star destroyer it reads as “Demeter “ “ he said Thanagar thought about the name before focusing “hn, ah yes General Jaxors main troop vessel “

“They made it out?” Thanagar asked surprised Suroc’s forces had been all but annihilated the few who remained adamant about defending the remnants of his command remained at Turhain’s station “sir! Sensor profiles show one of the vessels matches enemy profile” “dominion?” “No one of their pawns sir” “all hands prepare for battle! Rally all available star destroyers!” “Wait sir I’m getting an imperial code ““its Jaxor his personal ID! “ “Damn” Thanagar grinned “hail him!!”

“Rance” an image of a middle aged man physically conditioned and now with an eye patch eyed him intently “old friend your ship looks messed up” “and what about you” Thanagar yelled “yer’na damned enemy vessel!” “Spoils of war and all that” both men laughed “we could use repairs but I’d suggest getting some imperial intelligence officers to comb over this ship for any useful information”

“Yes, yes how’d you get out alive?” “we rescued some pilots asked the Dominion bastards if they’d let us go when they refused we killed them until they decided to reexamine they’re choices” he said grinning “your organizing a little party out here” “of course” Thanagar said “excellent permission to join in?”

“Granted welcome to “redeemer” fleet” he said grinning

Imperial territory various worlds various homes

The emblem of the empire appeared over the screen as the background faded from black to reveal a large round wooden table with about five figures sitting around it all of them very neatly dressed each one with a small imperial pin on of their lapels a musical chime sounded off as a baritone voice echoed over the background “welcome to the round table hour of the imperial news network tonight’s broadcast is brought to you in part by “coruscant nights” hotel franchise no one but the emperor sleeps better than our guests. Other contributors to today’s broadcast include the human society for progression of humanist values “to spread and promote the refinement of human culture and it’s continued reign in the stars” we’d also like to thank the Grant Family for it’s generous donations to the imperial cause! Tonight’s panel! The battle of the mid rim and The Dominion War! In the emperor we trust!

The voice faded and an elderly man in the center cleared his throat brushing some hair to the side of his balding head “War! The Galaxy has once again been torn asunder but this time not by treasonous politicians and Religious Terrorists but by a marauding horde of ravenous zealots from another Galaxy! As we speak to you today the mid Rim and its capital the Chomell sector have been under nearly constant siege since yesterday morning! Reports of the treasonous Rebellion and their monstrous extra-galactic allies have converted space itself into a vast cosmic graveyard! Literally tens of thousands have died in defense of our worlds and as we speak thousands of the Empires sons and daughters resist the demented tyranny of the Dominion!” the large man growled “these ravenous hordes have invaded Naboo the former place of residence of our benevolent Emperor and turned it into a battle ground! But reports have come in showcasing the brilliance of our soldiers who have made the Dominion fight for every single inch of land they have taken”

A holographic image appeared a live feed from the battleground fires raged across the cityscapes as neighborhood seemed to divine between occupied territory and turf still held by the empire. Storm troopers fighting valiantly against Dominion soldiers The Imperial flag flowing high over the Naboo royal palace still showed intact though burned defiantly challenging Dominion onslaught.

“though it is true that there are many treasonous residence in the mid rims attempting to help expedite the enemies capture of our territory the imperial army has found and captured many of these and denied the Dominion much territory.” He said “our thoughts and well wishes are with those brave fighters” he said “moving on, today’s topic “The organization known as the Dominion” a comprehensive analysts based on what we know and the hacking of the network! Separating lies and propaganda from the truth” he began “I’m joined by special guests Doctor Elias Tiern expert on Xenopsychology from the Imperial university on Malastare and Grand Admiral Selonous Enzo over seer of the expansion region and commander of “Imperial fist” sector Fleet” our usual panel of contributors are here as well” he said turning to them all “first on our list the declaration of war”

“Disgusting” one of them interjected “the presumptuous arrogance of such a message who are they to dare judge us? Or our Emperor Xenos cannot possibly do such a thing they lack the moral sophistication it’s merely arrogant blustering no doubt”

“They lack the discipline provided by our Emperor and the organization “another chimed in “I believe this is shown in the exotic technologies they employ, so shifty so wild it speaks of a species that is desperately trying to maintain dominance and likely struggling to at that. No doubt they’re here on the heir of distracting their population from such staggering internal problems this war is only so dramatic due to the suddenness of it gut we will prevail.”

Leaning back the lead mediator of the discussion nodded turning to eye Enzo “can I have a military mind address the issues” “as always a soldier has the unique luxury of first person perspective” he said “but I believe I can safely concur with such a conclusion” he stated “I have not faced the Dominion in battle but from what I can gather they seem to be comprised of fanatical soldiers dedicated to the cause of “order” such as it is nearly a religion to them reports of them serving some mythical founders speaks for a horde of demented zealots likely lead by the species known as the Vorta”

“I agree” chimed in the Doctor “while they do have a strong organizational structure it’s very clear it’s an empire held together almost exclusively by violent oppression fanatic indoctrination and a strict adherence to this “order” although I believe it’s merely a case of projection I would wager that such a species and group would consider our civilization to be chaotic when clearly they are the ones suffering from such an error”

“So in other words we’re facing an armada of demented fanatics and maniacs” the host asked The Doctor nodded

‘To add to this the blatant lies of our “crimes” are merely that” The Grand Admiral chimed in “those worlds aren’t even in imperial space! It’s a desperate bold face gambit to embolden dissenters and traitors and make they’re invasion into our territory easier” he said “mind you it has failed rather spectacularly more and more people have joined the imperial navy and army we have begun training new recruits and our industry has begun to mobilize “he remarked “we aren’t giving in and we wont be going anywhere”

“Indeed, and those actions if anything show the mental health of our species over the more obviously unstable insecure Dominion is evidence of our supremacy as a race” the Doctor added “in fact I would postulate that The Dominion will fold in the face of our dedication and resolve”

“all interesting predictions and assessments gentlemen, on a more somber note our hearts and sympathies go out to the victims of the tragic natural disaster in the core worlds Byss and all her citizens will for ever be remembered by the emperor and the empire and The Emperor has said he will build a memorial on Coruscant to them” he looked around and nodded “we’ll be back after a message from our sponsors long life the Emperor!”

Naboo orbit 24 hours post invasion of the Chomell Sector

Garros wiped some sweat from his brow before setting down a data pad handed to him by one of the Dominion technicians who were at present assisting the engineering teams repair the damage to the independence, it had been a fierce battle and even with the upgrades his ship eventually suffered damage. Reports came back from home one Akbar’s flagship that several Sectors had surrendered but several dozen held fast Dominion troops falling back around key tactical worlds and Sectors had begun to install themselves preparing for a long hard fight. Several planets had openly joined the Dominion at least four of the surrendered Sectors had begun talks with Dominion envoys for medical aid and supplies as well as terms of surrender the grand majority of course seemed to be more towards joining the alliance.

This battle hadn’t ceased and was raging now across a thousand light-years, causality reports had been shocking The Jem’Hadar had died by the millions hundreds of thousands of storm troopers had fallen thousands of smaller Imperial craft and light Dominion vessels had fallen the larger ships and a new mammoth class he hadn’t previously seen had engaged Star Destroyers and local picket forces in a series of grueling battles and destroyed or damage vessels were everywhere a gigantic mass grave spread out over thirty sectors in one of the most intense battles in recorded Galactic history and it was not showing signs of getting any better.

Vi’retess massive flagship loomed into view the Odan Urr escorting it along with several other rebel cruisers and seven more Dominion vessels they were engaged in a battle against twelve star destroyers and six old Venator class vessels it seemed that the Empire had pulled out all the stops to ensure the battle went in their favor though so far that seemed to be unlikely. He watched as the huge Dominion cruiser split one ISD in half and disabled another while four went down to combined fire from Rebel ships and that unholy giant energy surges reported from his ships sensors told him more Jem’Hadar had been transported to the ground as well as likely an elite Detachment of those giant bear like aliens. “sir we’re being hailed by Vi’retess “ Garros nodded “I’ll take it here’ the aid nodded and after an exchange of words with a com system a holographic image of the old Vorta appeared “hello boy” he said in his usual melodic tone though it appeared some what heavier than usual as if worn by the stress and the list of dead “it is agreeable to see you again” “you look tired” Garros said “as do you boy” Garros nodded “I never expected this” he said “it’s been so bloody so terrible” “a “proper” war if such a thing can even be called that often is” the old Vorta conceded “but I do have good news” “oh? What is that?” “Miraz’s forces have occupied Naboo’s capital Grand Moff Exian Surrendered the Chomell Sector and with it all of the local sectors are officially under Dominion and Rebel Alliance control” he smirked

Garros frowned it was good news but he had a feeling imperial troops and commanders wouldn’t stop fighting “that’s excellent “he said “any news on Captain Morlin?’ “He’s taken command of the remnants of the fleet and has withdrawn we aren’t sure of their present location”

“I’ll pursue him then” Garros said Vi’retess grinned “so eager to get away from politics?” Vi’retess asked Garros smirked “I assumed HQ would send some one more capable” he frowned “oh they will but you’ve become a symbol out here I should think, you will be asked to be present I would imagine”

Garros shook his head “I really hate politics” Vi’retess chuckled “ah but your such a natural come boy we have a galaxy to change”
Last edited by Admiral Breetai on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri May 06, 2011 6:21 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:“”They did what!!!” “destroyed it completely only a hundred and fifty vessels where able to escape only six of those cruisers
Good stuff so far, but you need to be extra careful to avoid grammatical and spelling errors, like the one example I cut and pasted above, that make it difficult to understand what is going on, and breaks up the flow of the story.
-Mike

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri May 06, 2011 6:57 am

it is a serious problem fro me I've been working on for awhile

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri May 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Just run your work through a spell checker progam, and that alone will get rid of that issue. Also take your time on the gammar issue. Go back over and re-read everything top to bottom, or, if possible, have someone else look it over for you before you post.
-Mike

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat May 07, 2011 3:43 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Just run your work through a spell checker progam, and that alone will get rid of that issue. Also take your time on the gammar issue. Go back over and re-read everything top to bottom, or, if possible, have someone else look it over for you before you post.
-Mike
that is me running the spell checker heh..I'll try harder