The Tides of History (an St/Sw cross over)

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
sonofccn
Starship Captain

Re: The Tides of History (an St/Sw cross over)

Post by sonofccn » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:also a battle between Je'mhadar and Storm Troopers with Miraz (the huge Grizzly alien in charge of the Dominions ground troops in this Galaxy) Facing an Imperial General of Mando origin..in h2h
No go for it but I'm betting on the guy evolved from a bleeping grizzly.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:37 am

sonofccn wrote:[No go for it but I'm betting on the guy evolved from a bleeping grizzly.
Hopefully you'll enjoy that fight

chapter will be up soon

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:23 am

well another chapter is out hopefully this one was a little more detailed and action packed then the last ones, as always I apologize for the Grammar..in any case the more I write this the more it seems the heroes of this stories are the Imperials hah

I'm beginning to hate the old Vorta man

Red Dawn several hours post declaration of war

The station hung in orbit over its blood red gas giant, a miasma of wreckage floated about it burning hulks from both sides in an incredibly tough and violent struggle that marked the beginning of a war that would alter history and an infinite number of lives. The carcasses of burnt ISD’s joined the hulls of Dominion vessels ruined mangled bodies of Jem’hadar and Vorta littered space and all began to orbit in a slow spiral like form around the massive station, the small explosions and glow from dying reactors illuminated the void and as it fell into position around the gas giants orbit it took a macabre flowery form

A twisted rose drifting in the endless night set a fixed to a cosmic jewel that looked the color of blood.

The now lifeless station illuminated once more as several figures beamed aboard the cadaverous hulk, all in space suits. They scurried about the command center moving bodies away and attaching a series of small oval devices to the walls of the vessel which began to glow cycling out the hard radiation and purifying the dead hulk. Another began examining the computer before speaking to its companion who made its way down towards the engineering section with a second who followed him, they where out to restore power while the main two pulled a tube like metallic construct out of their back packs and slowly opened it. Several long plastic looking filaments came out it placed them along the computer terminals connecting them to several circular devices and then switched them on. The tendril like network began to glow and began stretching out along the computer terminal entering any crevasse and began penetrating the main computers of the base. In a few short days any data would be recovered that could be and in a matter of hours the station would be under Dominion control

Power lit up and gravity was restored one of the creatures held up a communicator “we have secured the station begin transporting replicators aboard and technicians we will begin retrofitting this primitive station into a more presentable defensive station” it said

“Excellent Vi’retess returns soon, we will have this ready far sooner then we expects us too”

“Yes, and the Brutes?” he asked “what of them we must begin our work on the smaller stations and instillations “

“They have trouble it seems with the locals” “PAH USELESS JEM’HADAR FUJU!!”

“Stay your anger let the blame rest with them our races fix for the gods they fight and die...let us fix let them fight and if they fail it will not be engineer fault yes?”

“Yessss”

“For the founders!!”

“We build”

……

Orbital facility m187

Red Dawn and her sister bases where decorated by a myriad of smaller facilities ranging from gas mines to small industrial fabrication units to build the parts needed to maintain and construct the regions imperial fleets, on any other day The Storm troopers positioned on these stations would lament the baby sitting they had to do or relish in the ease of they’re paycheck

Today how ever, Trooper Astor was full of regret for enlisting in the empire, uneducated and coming from a poor family his options where joining a gang, trying to apply to local sector police or getting a job as servant or cleaner or one of the millions of minor jobs that paid little and gave even less respect. The Imperial military gave him an education taught him discipline and gave him a salary high enough to move his family from they’re slum, his parents now worked better jobs his kid brother in school and his other siblings working or training in the academy. He understood that the Empire was gritty that it could do terrible things, that the Emperor was probably about as insane as any mad despot in history but he also knew that in the republic era he’d be a slave homeless in a gang or half his family would be sold into slavery or worse and as such was glad for the at least not so terrible existence he eked out as a storm trooper. Most days his life was spent guarding various sectors then drinking with his fellow unit members at one of the trading hubs after work before heading to his bunk on the lower stations floating in the gas giants skies. Today how ever he was dead locked in a sparing match with a god damn gray skinned lizard looking foot soldier in some weird blue suit. The thing was powerful hoisting up his unit mate Karin and breaking her spine before tossing her aside, it seemed very confident in his victory until he locked muscles with Astor

The Storm Trooper had a surprise for the lizard namely he had grown up on a world with high gravity and went home every day to sleep in that high gravity in his quarters. He struck back at the Jem’hadar scoring a blow to his face causing some blood to ebb out while the creature launched a pretty damn devastating blow to his face that knocked his helmet off

“you humans all look the same” it spat at him, he grinned back spitting blood aside before spearing the creature to the ground “and you blue bastards all smell like a huts Anus!!” he yelled not the best insult he thought but one enough, slowly he reached down with one hand to try and grip his knife but that backfired as one of the furiously strong gripped his throat and began choking him almost immediately he went blue, before shaking his head the best he could He would not die here!!! Struggling he gripped his service blade and pulled it out plunging the dagger into the creatures neck, as a flurry of blood of some white chemical spewed out, Astor fell to his side gasping some what hard before rising up slowly.

He turned eying a detail of storm troopers getting violently cut down by advancing enemy and picked up one of the enemies weapons, opening fire he scored several lethal hits before falling back, these blasters were definitely weird, he noted that they seemed to operate on different principles then his own but he also noted they put out some kind of radiation that made the blood refuse to clot and that with out aggressive medical attention even the stoutest warriors seemed to bleed to death. Dangerous foes

Rounding down a corridor he ran smack into a pointed blaster “Astor? Fuck...man you made it out?” Astor recognized the Storm trooper he was a green horn from the inner colonies, out on the frontier looking for adventure well mostly an easy credit via shake downs and chasing tail the kind of privileged kid who really irked him. But he was a stout fighter and has acquitted himself well with the following hours, killing many enemy units. “These blue bastards pop up out of nowhere; they have some kind of portable cloak!”

“That’s impossible! They can’t even mount those on fighters!”

“It ain’t “Astor stated firmly “they gutted Karin and Mizzor with hit and run tactics even gutted a bunch of service droids on the way out” Astor remarked “Maniacs even the mechs?”

“Shut up both of ya!!” the voice came from one of the few surviving unit commanders, a grizzled veteran who had fought the Rebellion since its foundation. “status!!” he yelled at a com officer who looked at him “General Jaxor and a division of clones have held up at the secondary on the main moon, we’re ordered to get our forces ground side as soon as possible!” he said

“aye sir” Astor said rounding a corner and opening fire on the Dominion foot soldiers before falling back “stick to the narrow corridors I don’t want to end up any place wide enough for invisible soldiers to get through” the CO said before eying the trooper next to Astor “rich boy can you fly a shuttle?”

“aye sir” he said “get me there and I can skim along the rubble and make it to the moon” he said “excellent”, turning they began dashing down a series of smaller corridors making way to the shuttle bay taking the scenic route

“Any clue on what we’re fighting down there?”

“Yeah six trooper division have been fighting off dominion forces there not sure who’s in charge down there fighting’s too heavy for any reliable chit chat”

“So, we’re finally in it” “Rich boy” remarked

“Yeah, a real war”

……

Orbit over the main station

Garros monitored com traffic between the dominion and rebel forces fighting on the ground and fighting in the bunks and other stations. The Empire was hitting them really, really hard, far harder then he had anticipated and it made him nervous.
He looked out at the burning wreckage that was the Urr, barely salvageable the Dominion promised to begin immediate work on the vessel but Garros knew it wouldn’t be the same, he lost its captain who had been a good friend and half the command staff, his only hope was the crew could carry on despite those losses. Although he admitted freely that the only reason why the crew survived was the Dominions medical technology, they’d be one of the many casualties of war a long bloody battle.

“Sir?”

“The enemy, they’re fighting like we would” he said “I’ve never seen the imps on the opposing side of a beating and they’re desperate like we are and its kind of”

“I know sir”

……..

Orbital facility m187

Astor pulled “rich boy” away from a shot that would of taken half his face off and hurled a thermo detonator into the direction of the offending Jem’hadar before rounding a corner into a room that smelled like smoke and death, charred flesh filled the air Rich boy and the CO ducked for cover laying down Suppression fire as he made his way towards a group of hard fighting storm troopers. He took position beside them handing them spare packs of energy before unloading into the enemy “private Astor, who’s in charge here?” he asked “Colonel Viirs he’s dead though “ he said opening fire at an on coming Jem’hadar “why got a plan to get us out of this hell hole?”

“Aye our man can pilot” he yelled over the fire “fuck! ‘Bout time one of us runs into a man that can fly “he yelled tossing a detonator towards one of the passages causing a collapse of various metals blocking the entry way.

Firing continued as they attempted to move closer to the shuttle bay doors when they where joined by a second unit. Firing relentlessly into the enemy.
Rich boy took position by his CO who had received an injury in the arm and ordered his limb laser cauterized, the process was painful but it seemed to stop the blood flow. “Sir I think we’re good! We’ll be out soon I’m sure of it”

Several soldiers fell to weapons that came out of nowhere as two dozen Jem’hadar appeared from they’re cloaks they’re leader stepping forward “let me speak to your first!” he ordered coldly

The Co propped up by “Rich boy” and Astor rose up and looked at them all “That’s me ya gray skinned Xeno scum”

“Surrender or I’ll kill all your men I have you surrounded prison or death, CHOOSE NOW!!” he roared. The CO looked around at those who where around him, none of his original unit remained all these kids where mostly rookies and not yet veterans all of them exhausted all of them fighting and dying for an emperor that would never know they’re names and for a cause that went beyond allot of these semi literate kids understanding. Dirty faced and terrified they all looked at him for the answer all of them wanting desperately to live but none wanted to abandon duty or the mission. Suroc had crafted a fine bunch and they’d fight on his name for years if they had too. He hoped the force would forgive him for his actions as he weighed dishonor versus death and how it would impact they’re young minds, just as he was about to open his mouth a loud mechanical sound sheered the silence as a large energy bolt smashed into the Dominion forcers killing many of them and over a dozen Storm troopers poured out of a Shuttle that had docked opening fire as they entered the field of battle

The first for his part got his answer in the form of a slurred Mandalorian curse and a knife to the chest. The older man turned eying the group; the leader was an Imperial General with some what shaggy and long black hair and a scar across his right eye. Jaxor’s attaché General Vindiz moved in opening fire on the Jem’hadar before rounding and grinning at his new recruits “Ey! ,ey look alive boys we’re getting you all the hell out of here, move out come on” he said as his men ordered fire, a cloaked Jem’hadar turned attempting to stab the Mandalorian in the side only he caught the blade and elbowed the mutant in the face turning him in time to catch on coming Dominion weapon fire a meat shield tossed aside and he responded with a torrent of blaster fire

“General Vindiz “Astor called “this is private Jarn “rich boy” Lyriet he’s capable of flying these shuttles we can get a sizeable chunk of these guys out and make planet side to join Jaxor”

“Negative” he said “rich boy think you can sneak us from the atmospheric communities to the moon?”

“Yes sir “

“Excellent we’re stocking up on weapons and provisions boys Jaxor’s orders are to dig in and get ready for a hell of a fight”

“Yes sir!!”

“Now get as many on as you can and begin launch preparations we depart in five”

“Yes sir!!”

Vindiz turned and eyed the damage by his estimation some thirty thousand troopers would be dead by the end of the day in one of the costliest battles since the destruction of the death star.

His thoughts where shaken from thinking of the tragedy of it all by the large Hulking figure that loomed before him it had entered with a division of those creatures “oh look your going to fly out of here, you realize that’s suicide”

“Its better then surrendering to you bastards”

“Oh I wouldn’t know about that, the policy of the Dominion is to rule from afar life really won’t change for you”

“But the fact that we’re under its control would remain and my people and my government aren’t the types to bow before some one else’s might” he said with a sadistic grin

Astor had to thank him for the dialog, it was distracting the large brute and his men seemed to know better then to act with out his express consent it was giving his people time to prepare the other vessels.

Miraz let out a low growl, which convinced Vindiz this giant had to be descendent from some giant forest predator, unlike the wookies. “Well, then you don’t really have any other choice, I suppose it is a warriors lot to fall on his blade for his liege after all”

“What I wanna know” Vindiz said calmly “is if you’re more then just size and dialog” he said pulling out a field knife and tossing his blaster aside

Miraz sneered and tossed aside his weapons before moving forward claws stretching from his massive paws “oh, I’m more then just dialog I assure you” he said before lunging at Vindiz who barely had time to side step the massive creature who moved much quicker then his form ought to have allowed for. Vindiz side stepped the initial assault turning he prepared his knife slashing at the creatures side only for him to move out of the way and bring one of his large paws forward a massive clenched fist smashing into the Mandalorian generals face, blood sprayed and a tooth, Vindiz staggered but caught himself in time to avoid a second swipe driving his blade into the right four arm of the massive behemoth, Miraz let out a loud roar and pulled back “yer awful fast for a fat animal”

Miraz grinned “and your strong and skilled for such a small ape” he said rising up looking at the wound in his arm his eyes lit up with pride at last a worthy foe! “I have an entire war to make up for missing” he declared moving forward a his claws digging into his lower back Vindiz let out a roar of pain before turning and booting the large creature in the face and quickly sliding beneath him
Miraz tired to bend over and grab him before he reached his side but the middle aged General grabbed the Bears waist. “Ya come into our Galaxy with big ass powerful ships and throw your weight around making proclamations of godhood and justice!! Well I’ll tell you something you maybe bigger then us ya may pack a punch but your cocky your arrogant and you honestly think that we’re not able to muster any strength” Miraz laughed only to stop when he felt the tension around his waist mass

The Mandalorian let out a roar of effort and hefted him up into the air Suplexing him onto the deck banging his massive head against hard Dura-steel, the enemy began firing on him and he took off leaping into a shuttle before it glided into the void of space.

Miraz rose clenching his fists, He had tricked him challenging him to a fight warrior general to warrior general but did so as a delaying action to give his men time to evacuate, but the man had also sent another message just now. It’s true the day had been one but victory could not be an excuse to gain confidence, this enemy was inferior to them technologically but hurled themselves at The Dominion with such ferocity that final victory was not absolutely assured.
He so small and yet he had made him bleed and had turned his strength against him

Miraz people lived long almost as long as the Legendary Al-Aurians as long as he lived he would never forget that man even if he fell in battle today or tomorrow, Miraz would never forget.

On board the Shuttle Vindiz thought about his opponent the Xeno was a formidable warrior and his men fought like mythical creatures from old stories. If this was the quality of the enemy this was a war that would last decades

…..

Orbit over Red dawn

Vi’retess eyed the casualty reports from the battle and frowned deeply, this was resource consuming though it did give them a major advantage and a station that could repair and outfit vessels modifying Red Dawn would be easy enough and doable within several days if he ordered his crews to work themselves into exhaustion, if he could out fit with weapons and bases he could use it until it became fully operational as basically a main stopping point in a greater campaign against the Galaxy at large. He set the pads down and thought about

“What do you have for me my Vorta?”

“well communications are showing panic on the Imperials part and a scrambling to see what can be done, Turhain’s station is going to be heavily fortified, on the bright side Red Dawn is ours” he said “we’ll have total control over all the minor orbital facilities and crew quarters in the gas giant within two days, the planet itself though”

“I am aware of it I care not this war can take as long as it needs too”

“But the other founders? Surely”

“Are not a problem, revenge against the federation and the other elders will keep the pesky idiocy of the link out of my way” he declared
Vi’retess shuttered he had in various incarnations served the ancient one for almost two thousand years and it always disturbed him when he spoke of the other gods and they’re sacred link with such hatred-it was a common trait amongst the ancients well the surviving ones any ways who seemed to have been bred by the founders to be as independent as possible for some long forgotten reason. “In any case the more grandiose the war the better I need a distraction for my true goal my vorta”

“I will give you the grandest in all of history”

“And that is why you serve me above all others my dear vorta”

"I would not have any other way, the founder is wise!"

[…………..

Imperial capital

Shar Aznaval was a detective who had served in the capital planet for almost two centuries; the Sephi had in all those years experienced all manners of crimes and bizarre things but none such as this. The victim was well for a better word everywhere in tethers and pieces blood flowed spraying about the room bone fragments and brain matters intestines it was all shredded into gory bits and pieces as if something had from inside out just shredded the poor bastard.

“What’s the cause of death” he asked one of the crime scene units “well sir, near as I can tell he was immolated from the inside by something” she said “honestly sir outside of a Jedi I don’t think anything could do this’ she said

“They’re all dead” Shar stated firmly and Jedi never did stuff like this that was imperial propaganda but he knew to keep opinions like that to himself, what did a lowly Xeno know any ways “well bag it and gimme a list of contacts”

“that wont be necessary” the voice caught him off guard and he turned eying the man in front of him he was an Imperial officer to be sure he held out a badge that said Imperial intelligence “as you wish my lord” he said bowing ordering every one to back off immediately as the Imperial officers began cordoning off everything.

“So what’s going on boss?” one of the crime scene officers asked the older detective “no clue imperial business one of they’re own I guess” he said

But still he wondered who what could pulp a man like that and why in the name of all things divine where Imperial Intel officers showing up here?

“The times they’re a changing boys and girls”

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Not bad, the wheel is turning.

And yeah the Imperials may be evil, corrupt scumbags but I'm still cheering for them, their being hammered six ways to sunday but they won't stand down. You have to respect that dedication if nothing else.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:22 am

sonofccn wrote:Not bad, the wheel is turning.

And yeah the Imperials may be evil, corrupt scumbags but I'm still cheering for them, their being hammered six ways to sunday but they won't stand down. You have to respect that dedication if nothing else.
well they're fighting smart and hard and both sides are underestimating just how much it hit the fan..but you can't help but route for side that's fighting some one as morally bankrupt and evil as Vir'etess

next chapters are up Section 31 manipulations and some brief battle scenes not as detailed as the last but you'll get more soon

I wanna thank you though for the soviet political officer analogy form Vir'etess your gonna find out just how deep this guys malignant and propaganda runs

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:26 am

new chapter up some action and some manipulation and section 31 and darker parts of the federation, enjoy and once again sorry for the grammar

….

Federation star base in orbit over Uranus

Rear Admiral Ruiz slumped back into his chair and reached up rubbing the bridge of his nose as he set down the executive order, near him his Romulan aid gazed calmly out at the greenish gas giant that the large space stationed orbited. During the Dominion wars this place had been constructed for the construction of Defiant’s and Akira class starships, but it was also the place where Excelsior’s and ambassadors and other old vessels could be rapidly upgraded and maintained, disliking spending time in the mud of politics on earth Ruiz had made this station his de-facto HQ it certainly allowed him easier access to the main federation shipyards and he generally preferred to be in space over land.

“You don’t like this?” “A section man commanding one of my ships? No, no I don’t” he told Telara, shifting in his seat. She shrugged “he was Starfleet sir, I recall him being the first officer on the NX Sherman during the Earth Romulan wars and a Captain of Musashi in the twenty third century if memory serves, and then there was his service in the Dominion War”
“and is the only officer in Starfleet History to have implemented general order 24 twice” he stated firmly “I don’t like that” he had to admit Section 31 served a vital purpose and when he was brought into the higher ranks he was made very aware of they’re existence he was all too eager to continue ensuring the federation was safe guarded but he had been in bed with them now for some time and had begun to tire of some of their more dubious actions. He had long suspected that, they where guilty of blowing away Romulus star and in doing so where directly responsible for the current state of affairs, in his Galaxy and they had been pretty crummy even if the Federation was at an all time high.

“if memory serves me sir he was cleared of any wrong doing the second time and the first it was a direct order from Admiral Cartwright and the CnC “ she said

“two people who twenty years later betrayed the federation yeah good reference” he mumbled “all the same I suppose if this Galaxy is half as bad as that Q is saying it is I suppose some one like this is needed” he remarked

His attaché’ shrugged “to be fair the other choices were less desirable”

“one of the voyager brats or Benjamin Maxwell didn’t even know he was still alive” he stated bitterly as he heard the tell tail chime to his quarters, he looked as a large cat like alien who resembled more a black panther in a suit then a sentient entered and nodded Admiral Mekere next to him was the al-Aurian known as the fox of Betazed “Admiral Mekere, you’re here? I thought for sure Admiral Duvall would be present” he said the Caitian Admiral always intimidated him and as second in command of Starfleet intelligence he was known as a shut in staying in HQ and being on top of every little detail rather then out in the open in such a manner as he was at present. “former Fleet Admiral Shanti’s funeral was today “ he remarked in a deep some what hoarse tone Ruiz mentally made a hair ball joke and nodded “shame she will be missed, her leadership during the Dominion War was essential to winning the war” he remarked
“president Ross might object to that “he countered in a mocking tone Ruiz laughed “oh of that I have no doubt” Mekere turned gesturing “This is Captain Dartanis our man for this” he remarked Ruiz nodded “Captain I’ve heard of you” he said shaking the captains hand “Rear Admiral I’ve heard of you” he said “it’s nice to finally put a face to the name” he said “isn’t it” Ruiz remarked

Dartanis grinned as the Caitian gave a predatory smile “right then Captain you’ll be given command of the Sarmiento” he stated calmly “she’s a modified Sovereign class starship one of eight constructed, she’s designed for long term operations in hostile or unknown environments we’re upgrading her now” he pressed a consol and a holographic image appeared showing the Sarmiento in space dock next to another Sovereign “whoa big girl” he remarked Ruiz nodded “two hundred meters longer then a standard Sovereign two hundred wider she’s got another six decks and twelve industrial replicators powered by their own generators, she’s being outfitted with a new singularity reactor backed up by an additional six smaller M/AM reactors to power the weapons, Seven combat modified runabouts fifty standard shuttles and twenty “flyer” class scout ships she can build a Defiant class and has a bay large enough to support two Ablative Armor, regeneration technology taken from the Borg and she carries small automated probes that can assist in the production of needed resources should the replicators become taxed, she can produce torpedoes of various types and yields but they require authorization of one of the senior staff “

“That’s allot of resources jam packed into one hulking brute”

“she is designed to be a colony ship or mobile command center, and to act as resource base for long range exploration missions with more then three ships, she’s a bit slow in combat though not capable of maneuvering like a Sovereign would and she consumes allot of power during fights hence the armor and other features ”

“Why am I being assigned an ungainly vessel like this? I’m not going to war am I, I mean if I was to be put against a Dominion or Klingon fleet I’d understand but for a quick in and out type mission?”

Mekere shifted his eyes Ruiz nodded sighing before changing his holographic display to reveal a territory noted as “unknown regions” “The Dominion are in that Galaxy, they’ve been building what looks like a beach head for a possible invasion” he stated calmly “they’re looking for the same technology”

“worse still they’ve launched an invasion of the space of the local super power” Mekere interjected “your going to have to make sure this Preserver technology does not land in there hands and while there try and make friendly with the non hostile locals”

Dartanis grinned this was just down right cynical “oh I see” he said “you want me to ensure mad tyrants or bigoted shape shifters do not gain an upper hand over us while at the same time establishing peaceful relations with the locals and flexing our political might is that it? We’re expanding now and we’re moving on them”

“The federations changed”

“Evidentially more so then I thought”

“I would of thought some one of your, background would approve of this” Ruiz remarked, Dartanis shook his head “not true our goal to safe guard paradise not seeing it torn down” he rose up “I will complete the mission who’s coming along?” he asked

Ruiz leaned back “we’re going to send four upgraded Excelsior’s and two Ambassadors with you we’ve taken out of mothballs” “Aside from the Sarmiento the most advanced vessels in your fleet will be the six Defiant class starships accompanying we can’t spare any modern ships”

“I understand” he remarked “I want some one with first contact experience in command of one of those Ambassadors I’m admittedly no specialist” he conceded “if I have to use the locals to achieve my goals I want them to be in a good enough mood about us after the fact to eventually welcome a larger federation presence as your people want Rear Admiral Ruiz”

“I can arrange that” he said “you’re scheduled to take off in two weeks”

“Aye sir”

“Dismissed”

Mekere watched the captain leave before eying him “I didn’t realize you bowed out to those “peace at any price” clowns Emon” he remarked

“They dominated the Federation politically for years you know they still have a considerable amount of power and they aren’t always wrong” Ruiz countered “they just, lost sight of a need to defend ones self is all”

“I’m sure”

…………………

Red Dawn six hours post occupation

High General Miraz stood erect over the docking bay as a shuttle began to land, several Jem’hadar stood around him as well as other races, the purple stream lined Dominion vessel landed and the hatch opened, several Jem’hadar exited as well as two member of Miraz own race, in scarlet and in a ceremonial armor Miraz knew immediately who they where and came down to one knee.

From behind the two Giants exited Vi’retess much the old warriors annoyance as well as an older looking human with long gray hair and cold silvery eyes, he knew at once it was the Ancient one the founder who organized the war. He walked forward gesturing his body guards to fall back as he reached out setting a hand on Miraz shoulder “rise High General of the Dominions armies” he said in a raspy voice “Founder it is an honor”

“No, the honor is mine” he said perhaps with a bit of actual honesty in an other wise cold voice “to have such loyal servants I could ask for nothing more” he exclaimed “tell me how goes the war so far”

“As I expected the humans in this Galaxy fight just as hard as they’re Milky Way counterparts but also far more ruthless then normal” the ancient one nodded “they are fighting hard then?”

“The Jem’hadar are pushing back just as fiercely especially on the moon, it’s a true blood bath Founder I am sorry for this”

He shook his head truthfully he had fully anticipated an extremely hard fight and with the disappointment of the last war understood that simply killing vorta and subjects indiscriminately would solve nothing. “I understand but we must ensure our objective”

“we will” Vi’retess and Miraz said together The founder nodded “excellent I have other duties I must see too and as such I shall leave the War effort in your hands “ he remarked both of them looked some what awed by this “you are in charge here fully I will remain in the shadows as there is much we must do while you officiate our grand war” he remarked “you two will be our right and left hands, work together appoint a council of vorta and other races to delegate your wishes and rule efficiently “ he said “this is a grand experiment you cannot fail me” he paused then grinned ‘you will not fail me” he said as his form slowly seemed to shift to the typical “solid” form “but for now I would like to meet our allies” he declared folding his arms behind his back
Both servants of the dominion looked at each other then nodded “the founder is wise” they said in unison Miraz straightened himself out “Master I will go to the moon below and lead the occupation there, technicians’ have alluded to the site possessing a great deal of data and resources we may use to manufacture white and some base materials for replication” Miraz said

“Then do so but your value as a commander means you should spend more time in the rear, unlike the Vorta we don’t clone you your loss would be detrimental to the cause”

“I am honored founder, I will obey”

The ancient one smirked as he walked off turning to Vi’retess who sported a cold stare to which the old changeling only laughed “oh come now he is simple minded but he is a valued asset”
“But to work with him” he grumbled

“Would you refuse an order from your god?”

“There are times my lord” both laughed at that “Vi’retess contact the Rebel captain Garros and send word to Mon Mothma I’d like to talk to her as well”

“I’ll send word and ready the holographic projectors in the conference room then” he bowed “others can see to those needs, you will be there as well” he said “oh and the facilities in the gas giant strip all relevant data from they’re databanks and any Intel and blast them apart”

“As you wish”

……….
Imperial mining facility

This moon had a cool climate that normally Colonel Brix valued greatly but today he felt stiff and sore. A man in his early forties he had lead ground troops in many engagements and raids for Suroc expanding the empires influence in this sector, like every one present he was enraged at the Moffs death and put up a relentless fight in his honor. Brix rubbed his shoulder he had received a blaster injury there several years ago, it got stiff under allot of stress and in the chaos of the last several hours, an exhausted middle aged colonel lead a group of soldiers and clones in a fight against an army of Xeno scumbags

Turning he leaned against some rubble and groaned “sir, they’ve advanced through sector 6 they’ve leveled the buildings in sector 5 to the ground killed civilians and murdered our troops!” a trooper remarked Brix nodded “so they’re coming here then? Any word from Jaxor?” he asked

“General Vindiz is evacuating as many storm troopers as he can and heading here Jaxor has ordered us to hold the line no matter what!”

He nodded straightening himself up and grabbing a spare power back for his Blaster “alright then men, let’s drench the pavement with the blood of those bastard Xeno!!!”

…..

Sector 12

Several storm troopers moved silently through the area scanning buildings that looked torn apart factories that where heavily damaged, the enemy had no armored units as far as he could tell but they had weapons that could be set to a high power and had in several engagements eviscerated his armored vehicles and driven them back, buildings ended pulverized and soldiers killed.

Now, they where on the defensive fighting for the first time in his entire career a defensive actions holding onto what little ground they had. They’d get hit regroup and fight loose men and fall back regroup and repeat this continued for several hours now. Moral was gone all that was left was a firm resolve to spite these guys and make them suffer for daring to mess with the Empire. “All clear here nothing so far”

“Keep sweeping these bastard pop up out of no where “

“aye sir” the group kept moving through the area tossing aside burning corpses and squatting behind a corner “I don’t see anything do you?” the lead trooper called out to his spotter the other nodded the two where about to check in when a beam weapon lanced along the ground smashing into his spotter vaporizing him and blasting a chunk of steel and glass out of the wall.

Several Jem’hadar decloaked and began stabbing and shooting the troopers a violent struggle ensued as the Storm troopers and Jem’hadar engaged in cqc and close quarter fire.

In another sector Thermo detonators went off blasting Jem’hadar apart as a Trooper decided to take as much of his enemy down to hell with him.

……

Troop HQ Sector 22

General Jaxor was a man in his mid fifties he had a series of scars across his face and head from the clone wars and a burn on his neck from where a glancing blow from a light saber had struck. He was a fierce and brutal commander and when the chaos ensued quickly made sure The Dominion knew him and his Mandalorian second in command would be hell for them.

He paced now eying the communications technicians who where monitoring traffic and observing the fighting. “Status?”

“We’ve lost sectors 1 through 6 and are holding at 7, troops are reporting appearing all over the other sector commands reports of them having Transmat technology are all over the place”

“Transmat? No that’s bullshit” he declared firmly leaning forward watching a series of engagements play out “they all look the same more or less” he remarked he wondered remarked he wondered if they where clones

“tell the boys to keep fighting”
Last edited by Admiral Breetai on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 am

continued!!

……..

Coruscant same time

Grand Admiral Thanagar wolfed down a large portion of meat as he eyed the holographic view a series of green on blue showed various systems and stars other moffs and commanders scurried about seeing to fortifications and defenses rallying troops and rerouting various forces.

Thanagar frowned they had completely destroyed the second station and let loose they’re broad cast before falling back to Red Dawn he was unsure of their intentions but believed they had plans to make it a forward operating base. In which case they could likely make use of the hyperlanes bisecting the bases to allow the rebels and they’re allies to strike along various mid rim worlds. Bypassing complete conquest of the outer rim all together and heading straight for the wealthier and resource rich territories was a concern but the emperor demanded more forces be diverted to freaking Endor and offered no explanation!

He rose up and grumbled as the broadcasts repeated and every time they countered the holonet hack they hacked it again. He heard rumors that several planets had already begun an open revolt but he also knew that recruitment offices had been getting flooded with requests; it seemed this invasion had polarized the galaxy with both sides gaining a fair amount of assets in the first several hours.

“I want the mid rim and inner colonies fortified Byss and Sulust cannot be allowed to fall” he ordered setting his meal aside and walking towards GA Guylos private quarters the man had lost a son and had two others in Imperial service and was no doubt grieving. Still he had to give it to the man his initial orders had likely prevented all three stations from being taken or worse.

As he entered the blond Admiral eyed him “any word from Red Dawn?” he asked “our troops are fighting them hard but that’s it Jaxor and the mad Mandalorian are there they’ll hold out” Guylos nodded “today was my sons birthday” he said “he wasn’t the best behaved” he admitted “I praised his older brother allot”

“Ack, my old friend kids know these things he knew” Guylos nodded “we’re fortifying the planets located along those hyperlanes the most?”

“Yeah”

“Bad idea, we don’t know anything about the enemies star drive it may not follow conventions of hyperspace”

“Alright what should I do?”

“Any major worlds with infrastructure and military assets are to be fortified the heaviest all ships any that can be spared go to the less important worlds”

“Understood” he said “we should go there”

“We will retake Red Dawn” Guylos said “I swear it...on my sons grave this “Vi’retess is mine” he declared coldly Thanagar nodded “vengeance is your right” he said

Guylos turned gesturing to the broadcast “see those burns?” he asked “on that planet the damage” he said pausing the view Thanagar focused intently ‘well the surface of the planet seems more or less intact but those huge black spots with the red glowing heat that’d of taken at least sixty ISD’s several hours of sustained fire to accomplish”

“No look closer”

Thanagar squinted “my god, they fragged those areas down to the mantle! “

“Exactly” he said “we couldn’t manage that with the resources you’re suggesting” he said “and these pictures of Xeno’s we’ve gassed the species are common enough but they aren’t “

“It aint on a world we’ve ordered virus bombed” he said “sons of bitches, they’ve done this!”

“And on worlds so far out of the way neither the Rebellion nor us would know where to go confirm it, and knowing we’ve done it more then enough times to enrage the masses even if we deny it” Guylos added “not to mention enrage every one when we did, they’re framing us with manufactured atrocities and ones they committed no less”

“that old alien is clever” Thanagar said “and they’ve been watching us for a long time no doubt” Guylos put in “and are ruthless enough to do this!”

“The Rebellion is run by a bunch of hypocrites”

“No, they genuinely believe in the cause they’re naïve though they have no idea what they’ve made a deal with”

Thanagar nodded “we need to make sure nothing impedes our victory” he said coldly

Guylos leaned back “how important is Endor”

“Important enough that over one hundred ISD’s are expected to be in system within the week and the Emperor made way there in secret as soon as word of the invasion broke out” Thanagar said “blasted waste of resources if you ask me why some boondocks shit hole planet!”

“And both The dark Lord and Vader are there” he said “remember the last time something this important was kept so close”

“Tarkins little death ball”

Guylos nodded both of them eyed each other “if word where to...suddenly get out to the Rebellion about such a thing say before it was so heavily fortified to be impossible to attack”

“And the Emperor where to fall”

“Command of the empire would fall to us and to the regional governors” “but there’d likely be a civil war with out some tight control and unfortunately every one is loyal to sidious”

“and what better method to galvanize the entire Galaxy into repelling these invaders then the tragic and heinous death of our beloved Emperor at the hands of extra Galactic barbarians “

Thanagar frowned “how tragic that would be”

“The empire must be protected from all threats foreign and domestic”

“Indeed”

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Sweet!

And for the first time I believe ever for me...poor Palpy! I have a feeling one way or another Endor is not going to end pretty for anyone.

Of course liked the Maxwell nod.

Keep up the good work.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:45 pm

I haven't fully figure Endor out yet but I know the story is going to have several major battles that will be turning points Red Dawn was the first, the mid rim is going to fall to the Dominion and they'll end up being contained in the expansion region by a fleet commanded by a couple Grand Admirals until they Dominion shipyards get fully active

Endor is going to be the bloodiest battle in Galactic history up to that point though I plan to make it a meat grinder of epic proportions I mean bad..even by Dominion standards

I'm thinking of having Vir'etess order Ar'tech to do something absolutely horrible to the core worlds thus galvanizing them to the imperial cause, it'll of course be blamed on the Empire both sides will have propaganda machines in full swing..but it'll cause Rebel leadership to doubt thoughts on this?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:40 am

new chapters up essentially not very much fighting but then again i figured I'd show the more political side to things...I tried to do a good sidious..hopefully I didn't screw it up, oh and yes that's a Q f*9king with his precog and trolling him

next chapters gonna likely be a rescue mission for Jaxor and Vindiz forces and another battle

…..

Red Dawn six days later

Vi’retess observed a series of holographic reports splayed out over the windows in his “ready room” as human captains called it. He eyed a series of reports by Ar’tech chronicling various defensive ports along the expansion region. Ar’tech was suggesting that using Red Dawn as a beach head to invade neighboring systems, with control of local hyperlanes they could easily defend against any reprisals and send they’re own allied vessels into various regions, Capturing territory in the name of the Dominion. He mulled the situation over, Leviathan would be ready to begin production sooner then expected and he began thinking of potentially launching invasions long the opposite side of the Galaxy medium sized expeditionary forces to keep the enemy confused. They didn’t fully understand how slipstream and warp drive worked and thus The Dominion had a distinct advantage.

Any such actions still where months away though and thus he shifted his attention to the occupation of this station. He eyed the reports of the technicians and engineers who worked furiously to bring the base up to specifications. Vi’retess intended to convert the place into a repair and refueling station for the rebellion and their allies thus giving them an easy point of entry into imperial space and granting the empire a target they’d believe was critical to strike for the time being.

He shifted pages again eying a report filed by Miraz and grinned fighting on the moon below was becoming extremely intense while he had gained control of the entire factory and was quickly putting the base to good use, on one of the small settlements above the Storm troopers under command of those two generals had held out fighting with a determination and desperation he had heard of only in stories of the war with the humans at home and in his own troops. He stretched taking the mental device off his head and setting it aside down loading the most recent information into a network that would update the memory of his clone body. He looked into a mirror and shook his head physically this body would likely not last another year or so and thus he would more then likely transfer his conscience into a new clone soon. He detested being “young” his grandfatherly form was he had observed over the last half century or so a form that made it far easier for him to manipulate and deceive others younger forms invite more scrutiny. He shook his head maybe he’d ask the technicians if they could extend his life span with some nanomachines or something. He rose up and closed his eyes before walking to one of the windows, a series of small explosions could be seen from the gas giant, small looking from the distance but rather large. He grinned

“Bring in the prisoner” he said into a communications device before cracking his neck and taking a sip of some Tea

The doors opened and the Jem’hadar brought in a human male, his face was bruised and bloodied he uniform torn and he had been propped up by his captives. He was pale and looked exhausted chiefly because they had used various narcotics on him, the torture method was used primarily by Ar’tech it was a rather vicious method but he found it did occasionally work. When the body became highly addicted withdrawal was an agony all its own and assuming one did not “sing” in a drug addled stupor the pains from the substance leaving your system was usually enough to get a man to talk about anything. Turning he stalked forward and set a hand on the mans shoulder offering him some cold water.

Elanis Starwin downed the cold water before looking up at his captors, eyes full of contempt. Six days ago he had been in a battle and his ship had been broken in two some how he had been teleported from the wreckage and after extensive medical treatment he was alive and well. Well enough to torture, they had done everything possible to break him but the stubborn captain refused to talk. He would never talk ever, these bastard Xeno’s had attacked the empire killed his ship and his men and butchered his people they’d never get him to talk.

“hey old man I haven’t seen you since they pulled me out of sickbay, I thought ya might of broken a hip” he hissed at the vorta who laughed greatly enjoying his defiance “oh I did but I’m alright now, actually I had completely forgotten about you until around after my nap time” he mocked chuckling

“Damn gramps and you’re the one who runs this circus? Just how dumb is Dominion HQ”

“oh, we get by barely some times but we aren’t the only one” he said showing Starwin a star chart “our long range sensors indicate a massive troop deployment to some far off sector around here” he gestured they where just at the edge of his species sensor technology and Starwin found himself honestly impressed. These bastards where likely an old race very advanced or at least he assumed as such. “over a hundred of your “star destroyers from all over this side of your territory and some six hundred support craft have pored into that area off to some planet or secret base of some type? Is that your true capital? Is Coruscant merely a ploy?” he asked “and the Empire is secretly run some where out there?” he asked

Starwin grinned “think yer getting sensor ghosts ol’man and too senile to tell the difference” he answered he genuinely had no clue why they’d positioned anything out there but he had his suspicions the rumor mill always churned out some good info every now and again. If what he heard was true then at all costs he needed to keep the info from slipping his mouths.

Vi’retess grinned gesturing as the doors opened, two women exited both of them were clearly near human, slightly pointed ears marked the only difference between the species outwardly any ways, they looked very young, long blue hair was laid loose and they both seemed dressed for some type of priestly activities. “these belong to my esteemed colleague Ar’tech two pairs of twins he raises from youth to function as his personal body guards” he remarked “I keep a trio myself two siblings and one older outside influence “ he began “do you know they belonged to a race that we encountered many times in our Galaxy” he said “spread out through our quadrant and another, they call themselves Vulcan’s there and Romulans and other names, genetically they can be slightly different but they seem to be nearly as wide spread as you humans, well not nearly” he laughed “you’re here in this Galaxy too”

“excuse me” that caught Starwins attention “these people called themselves Takani, they created a small interstellar empire at the border of our space some fourteen hundred years ago, extremely violent and telepathic they hampered their own growth as much as anything and a violent civil war would of annihilated them had the Dominion not invaded and brought them into the fold- we modified their genetics and enhanced their telepathic powers and emotions chiefly the emotions of loyalty and passion” he grinned “they have become fanatic servants of the cause” he leaned in “We the oldest Vorta take from them Ar’tech degenerate debauchery is a very good motivator for results although he trains them more to be his eyes and ears I trained mine to be my body guards but also my source “

Starwin laughed, these people weren’t freedom fighters out for justice they were just as brutal and methodical as the empire if not more so and depraved and vicious “so do yer rebel friends know about yer true purpose?” he asked laughing at the absurdity of this! The Rebellion had blindly turned to a powerful force and in doing so signed away they’re souls and every one else’s

“They will in time” he said gesturing to the women who stepped forward and began focusing. Starwin at first felt a twinge in the back of his head then it became tighter and harder and he found himself screaming as the two mistresses rummaged around in his head.

…..

Imperial capital Coruscant

Several grand moffs made there way along the corridor to the Imperial citadel trailing behind them was a women in a white uniform and a scar over her right eye followed by a shifty looking man in a similar uniform made there way towards the “war room”

Grand Admiral Seras had made her way from the corps of engineers all the way to the top while her companion next to her had come from a privileged life style and a member of the Coruscant inner circle his rise was meteoric because of his families wealth and the influence his family held in the corporate sector no doubt didn’t slow him down either. While hers was more slowly paced and had to be earned, the fact that her “companion” was a raging spice addict further disgusted her. The new Order was supposed to be one of merit and ambition not the old ways given new forms and names, Guylos had easily and quickly recruited her into his inner circle. The informal “group” was made up of six of the twelve grand admirals and some two dozens Imperial grand moffs and generals half the highest ranking forces and a quarter of the imperial military. All that mattered was waiting for the right time.

“pick up the pace Tyrell” she snapped as they made there way inside the some what still high Grand Admiral turned and glared at her “why, why are we even here this is Thanagars problem the outer rim in this area is his problem entirely” he mumbled “simpleton the Dominion declared war on us all!”

“On the emperor as well” the voice came from a dark skinned Grand Admiral who leaned against the wall eying them both “I have word from his imperial majesty” he remarked straightening up. Both of them nodded silently and frowned Declann was a dark side adept and allegedly one of the Emperors pawns silently the women guarded herself against him and steeled her mind, before moving to follow him in.

The area where once the Jedi had consorted with republic military and presided over the clone wars had become once again very active Moffs and generals Admirals and commanders shuffled about as Guylos issued orders, upon there entrance a soldier made a motion and stood erect announcing their presence. Grand Admiral Guylos set down some brandy and turned and eyed Nial Declann who have him a curt but cold nod back and then eyed them all “I have come from Endor” he said “The emperor and Lord Vader are personally over seeing the construction of a new death star” there was a look of ease on every one but Thanagar and Guylos faces when that had been said “it will be operational inside of two months when it does the largest fleet ever assembled by the Galactic empire will flood the unknown regions and we will annihilate the Dominion!” he began

Every one clapped but Declann raised his hand “however, the need to over see the construction of this base and other projects some of you are aware of will completely divert the Emperors presence” he said “as such he has issued an Imperial order we are to take control of Imperial affairs and the prosecution of this war all authority stops with the Emperor but we will be his representatives we will carry out his will the regional governors and Moffs will answer to us” he declared “all of us will be a council of equals with the exception of two of us who will head this council”

A grand Moff extended his hand “is Thrawn being recalled to action?” he asked “will he lead us?”

Declann suppressed a frown and eyed them all intently “he will not be, the emperor feels his assets and brilliance is better put to use elsewhere” he said “with him gone Guylos as our senior tactician you will head this council” he paused “with myself” he added Guylos rose up and bowed “the emperor does me honor but I cannot replace Thrawn he is the best of us”

“But you are all we have now and your loyalty to the Empire is with out question” he said Guylos nodded before being seated. Declann eyed them all “let it be known that any impediment to the imperial throne and any thing that challenges the will of the empire will be stomped out” he declared eying Tyrell intently “the corporate sector must be brought fully into Imperial control”

“Sir! That will require resources taken from the front!! We cannot” Tyrell was cut off “the emperor feels the Dominion is great enough a threat to warrant all assets be brought to bare, they are a resource that cannot remain fully independent” he leaned in “you Grand Admiral Grant and myself will bring the corporate sector completely under imperial control then begin diverting their forces into battle against the Dominion”

Tyrell nodded not liking this one bit but nodded “I serve the emperor” he said “yes you do” Declann chimed in before eying Guylos “well, Grand Admiral this has been your show “he said “what have you for us”

Guylos nodded rising “Thanagar and I have diverted forces along the expansion region and mid rim” he said “we’ve decided not to fortify just the main hyperlanes mostly because we have no idea how they’re star drive works” he said
Declann nodded Grand Admiral Seras rose “sir, in that regard I’ve been looking over all data available on the enemy and I think I have some theories “

“let’s hear them” Guylos said she eyed them both intently and straightened herself “they use Anti matter and Singularities as a power source” she declared much to the surprise of every one present “power generation on that level suggests a highly advanced technology base, they’re ships seem to possess superior sensor and inertial dampening technology as their vessels move much faster then our own but I do see a key flaw in this” she said “chiefly the resources they likely have to consume to generate that kind of power and build and maintain these vessels is vast” she said “I cannot imagine them having the numbers to stand up to us and while their weapons rely on a form radiation that passes through our shields our armor make up is slightly resistant to it, the thickness helps”

“I would add” she added “that while advanced the technology they utilize is unstable and theoretical and impractical “ she alluded “only a maniac would attempt to make use of such unstable material and this is likely a grave weakness”

Every one thought about that “so you recommend never attacking unless we have numerous superiority?”

“their shields and range makes numbers all but useless when they get out that far, what we must do is either increase our rate of fire and range or increase the power out put of our weapons” she said “if we can hammer them we can make engagements a bit closer then what odds we have had prior”

Guylos nodded “perhaps installing more missile batteries on all capital ships?’ he asked she nodded “that’s doable I can have the shipyards ready to refit fifty ISD’s a week in a month if you let me make use of the slaves”

Guylos thought about that and then nodded “do it” Declann nodded “next order of business predicting where they’ll strike next”

Thanagar rose “beg yer pardon sir but I think the two most likely places are Naboo and the last station” Declann eyed him “Naboo?” “aye, symbolically it’s very important its place that started the events that lead to the clone wars and the rebellion harps on it allot Senator Amidala was after all one of the original dissidents it would be a good rallying point for the rebellion and they have sympathetic ears there”

“the entirety of the mid rim could potentially be a hot bed for defection we need to ensure it holds fast” he remarked he eyed Seras “if your prediction about their industrial ability is accurate we can win a war of attrition against them let us dig in and prepare for a fight to the death” he said “for the emperor!!”

“For the empire!!”

……..

Endor same time

On his chair seated in the observation tower on the second Death Star Darth Sidious other wise known as Emperor Palpatine had in deep meditation, aside from ordering food and drink the Dark Lord had accepted no visitors and answered no calls outside of his delegating Authority to the grand Admirals an assignment that was an honor and a trap all concealed into one. When one trusted others traitors revealed themselves but he also knew the man he suspected of treason more then likely suspected it himself. He eyed the darkness of space and a frustrated grin tress passed across his features

They had come, and long did he have visions of extra Galactic invaders but none such as these! History or rather what would be had changed and he no longer even felt the presence of those who would invade! Worse still the dark lord had reached out across the force and felt on the very edge of the darkness a voice laughing at him, then he heard a thunderous crash as though a thousand mirrors broke and realized then his plants where being interfered with in a most traumatic fashion. Then he saw that accursed message and the challenge this “Dominion” issued against him he could only seethe in rage, he knew that a real war would come and he would have to ensure the Empires survival as well as his Sith Orders but the outcome never alluded him, he was The Dark Lord of the Sith and that would always mean victory. Emperor Palpatine had not foreseen this and his precognition had begun to diminish considerably as though an outside force was actively blocking him and he wondered if it harkened back to the “artifact” they had found in the deep core recently.

He leaned back in his chair and resumed meditation; he needed to proceed carefully from now on.

…..
…………….
Leviathan

Admiral Akbar and Mon Mothma both showed visibly shock at the scene that unfolded before them. The Mon Calamari cruiser Resolute exited hyperspace several minutes ago in system and began making its way towards a bluish green gas giant, what they witnessed was something out of a holo-novel or epic story of the ancient times of the infinite empire. Several large moons had been completely terraformed forest oceans and cities that where being constructed shown out brightly, other satellites showed a vast primordial ocean and some sort of greenish moss growing other planets far more industrialized and hundreds of asteroids with various facilities of every kind being built up.

“and your saying this was done in three decades?” she asked her guide a very large bear like creature with deep gray fur a heavy scar over his eye and what looked like military regalia over his clothes nodded. Viraz was the former high general of the Dominions armed forces and trained his son Miraz to replace him, that was four centuries ago Viraz still served the founders though and was the architect of the battle of Omarion nebula an engagement that saw the annihilation of the obsidian order and weakening of the dangerous Tal’Shiar now he served as a diplomat and would be an attaché to Vi’retess, although he was glad to be working along side with his son the sheer friction between the ancients Founders and those who lead the Dominion these last centuries had concerned him, from his understanding they had all but pulled off a successful coup as much as evidence by his presence, the old guard and the old ways where being made use of and while it certainly helped things back home and the moral he could not help but wonder if all these sudden radical movements where not more harmful then good at least in the long run.

“Yes, thirty of our years roughly twenty five standard years here in this galaxy “ he remarked “I believe that’s a correct calculation “ he asserted “in any event we created this place to serve as our capital in this galaxy and a trade hub” he said gesturing to the series of large purple disc like stations several dozen kilometers across “we will be landing here” he said “you should be able to use our sensor network to coordinate with rebel forces all through the outer and mid rims” he said proudly, Akbar was surprised at how advanced they’re technology was and the tactical implications “I would like to meet Vi’retess when it’s most convenient “

“Yes, he expressed interest in working with you” Viraz said “Garros speaks very highly of you and Imperial communications we intercept speak of you in half whispers “he said Mon Mothma nodded “Akbar is our greatest military mind”
“Ah a warrior?” he asked “not by choice” he said calmly Viraz nodded “I wanted to be a diplomat from the start but I was better suited for military” “oh, you mean you weren’t always a diplomat?” Mon Mothma asked Viraz shook his head “for seven hundred years I was high General of the Dominions ground forces” he said “I retired and the current head took over “he grinned and his teeth gnashed “now I speak”

“Your people are naturally long lived?”

“yes, but life extension drugs and nano technology is wide spread in the dominion but it’s usually unsafe to do more then double a persons natural life span” he stated “do you not possess such technology?”

“no, well not safe any ways although force users tend to have longer life spans then normal” Viraz nodded “I have heard of these “force users” he said “I would very much like to meet one”
The vessel began approaching a large disc shaped station engines powered down as a tractor beam began taking them in, in the distance Akbar could see new cruisers begin to role out and fighters, they where preparing for an invasion and from his guess likely of the mid rims

…..

Imperial capital Coruscant

Grand Admiral Thanagar watched as Declann and Tyrell’s shuttle took off for their fleets they would unite with grant and “persuade” the corporate sector to yield its vast resources to the empire. He tossed some food down and moved his large corpulent body towards Grand Admiral Guylos who sat at a table reviewing data

“How long has it been since you slept old friend?” he asked “three days” mumbled Guylos “get some” he said “and by the way congratulations on the promotion “

“it’s a trap old friend ” he said “you keep your friends close and your enemies closer” he said eying the troop movement reports “any word from the director of imperial intelligence?” he asked Thanagar nodded “she’s sending any reports they have and I’m talking to some Moffs in the outer rim asking them to begin sending probes”

“excellent” he said “with me being kept this close I can’t make any movements” he said calmly “Admiral Serus is going to reinforce Turhain’s position” Thanagar said rising up “I think I’ll take my fleet out as well see if I can’t force a conversation with these Dominion bastards” he remarked

Guylos turned eying him intently “Thanagar be careful your loss would be” “Teleris Rennek would replace me “he said grinning neither of them wanted that Rennek was a very intelligent and cunning fleet commander and politician but he was also very much outside the box while he appeared outwardly incredibly loyal to the dark lord Guylos observed the man was definitely planning something and had been for a very long time. His allegiance could not be fully trusted by either group and to have him in his inner circle with out any vetting could be catastrophic

“We’ll need to bring him in regardless he’s in charge of the expansion regions defense you know”

“I know” Guylos said “but not yet” he added “survive this and take divine wind “ he said Thanagar eyes narrowed “the prototype super star destroyer?” he asked “that ship better have all its bugs gone the last thing I want is to end up smeared on the bulkhead like her last commander”
Guylos laughed “don’t worry she’s fine and very well armed”

He nodded “to the empire!” Thanagar said raising a glass

‘For the empire!
Last edited by Admiral Breetai on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Another good addition, everyone's licking their wounds and preparing.

One minor nitpick, sorry, but I don't think Imperials would ever admit anyone was more advanced than they were. They'd admit that a M/AM gives a higher output than their reactor then immeditly harp that its also highly unstable and that their Fusion reactors meanwhile are one hundred precent reliable or some such. Again sorry to bring it up.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:56 pm

sonofccn wrote:Another good addition, everyone's licking their wounds and preparing.

One minor nitpick, sorry, but I don't think Imperials would ever admit anyone was more advanced than they were. They'd admit that a M/AM gives a higher output than their reactor then immeditly harp that its also highly unstable and that their Fusion reactors meanwhile are one hundred precent reliable or some such. Again sorry to bring it up.

no that's true and when writing it I had thought of that mind ye I wanted to keep the grand Admirals a great deal more competent then the pack of douches we got in the EU but your right I'll probably redo that passage

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:21 am

new chapter up some more intrigue and plotting edited the prior chapter with the more empire appropriate lines..brief chapter sorry for that

Former Imperial star base Red Dawn 1 week post occupation

Several construction vessels had taken off toward the Leviathan base, Vi’retess observed them from afar and then turned eying the station, it had been out fitted with shields and several Poloron beam weapons had been installed, three days ago a new power core had replaced the old one and they where beginning to install some smaller industrial replicators in the factories and forges to better ease it.

Vi’retess eyed one of the docking bay of a nearby repair facility the Odan Urr was undergoing extensive repairs as where many other vessels of nearby allies, more arrived in system for a push to the mid rim, he was calling in many vessels from the member worlds who recently joined and would continue to do so but he also knew over taxing them was dangerous as well. Leaning towards the window and let out a mild laugh, after reviewing many of the reports he was duly impressed and dismayed. These Imperials and Rebels utilized technology that was centuries behind the Dominion but they made the best of it they improved upon it and made such dedicated use of it that they likely could stand on an even footing with his people. It mad him worry and realized that they would need to continue to hit hard and fast and violently and to rely on the Rebellion more and more, which he was loath to do. In the end he maintained though a new republic could be conquered without firing a single shot, while this empire would require more hostile measures. It was this reasoning alone that had him continue the war not dig in occupied territory and fortify themselves then wage a war of subterfuge. Against such an oppressive regime it would take decades maybe even multiple centuries where as a free flowing Democracy would fall far easier.

He turned eying Elanis Starwin who was groggily dragged into his ready room for another “session” the mans mind was formidable the dedication and resolve of the man was such that he was certain where even the most dedicated Klingon warriors would of fallen this man would hold out. Never the less he had begun to yield his secrets, dosing him against with powerful narcotics then taking them from him had helped considerably “your Engineering is impressive” he said “honestly to make such limited technology such a danger to us” he sat down “you must be really proud of your engineers” he said calmly

“They do what’s expected of them, as any citizen of the empire does” “ah, same with the Dominion, interesting that isn’t it?”

“What?” “we aren’t so different” “your Xeno trash” “oh come now species make up is irrelevant some ideals are universal and hold unanimous truth” he grinned “like, duty. Honor obligations they know no DNA nor appearance” he said “they are concepts we all live by”

“we aren’t the same” he hissed “and the empire wont bow down to a foreign power!” he hissed back in a cold voice “we wont, I wont” Vi’retess smiled “ah, I see your faculties have left you” he conceded “you are, essentially comparing your struggle with me, with your nations and my own, I find this fascinating” he said in a snake like voice before leaning in close “but never the less one way or another you will end up as dutiful servants of the Dominion” he said before touching a com button

The young women entered again and Starwin looked up grinning defiantly “hello ladies” he sneered “ready fer’round two?”

Vi’retess merely chuckled “it is a shame I believe the empire is the closest thing we have to a kindred spirit, what a shame”

“Yeah real shame we’re gonna have to kill you blue bastards”

Vi’retess chuckled “tell me about these hutts girls”

……
Imperial capital

Grand Admiral Seras made her way towards the command center, she had just finished over seeing an overhaul of The Divine wind refitting it and implanting several new missiles of her own design to be tested against Dominion shield technology at the most convenient time. Entering the main room she was some what glad Declann was not present, Guylos was observing Octavian Grant Tyrell and Declann’s unifying the corporate sector under one banner. The Emperors assault on this territory made almost no sense, not only had they a vast amount of resources and ships but they where practically completely an imperial sector any ways! It made far more sense to turn this energy toward Hutt space, while a vassal nation they could never be fully trusted. This was a bad move in a series of bad moves and he knew both Tyrell and Grant knew it but obeyed all the same. He observed his female counter part enter and rose “ah GA Seras”
he said “what have you for me”

She handed him a data pad he looked it over “isn’t this a bit risky? This project was reviewed and rejected and it was largely abandoned by the trade federation due to instability” “we aren’t the trade federation” she countered “and in any case, sir it only needs to explode in the enemy target.” She said “I think I can increase the speed of the missile but I would recommend it being fired at as close a range as we can muster” she said he nodded “I want a hundred of these ready inside a week” he said

“We will endeavor to do so Sir “she eyed him thoughtfully then began “sir Thanagar is heading to Crimson shield?” she asked curiously he nodded “aye, he is” he said She sat down “sir I would like to get access to some wreckage from those Dominion vessels destroyed”

“Don’t tell me you want to reverse engineer they’re technology”

“it maybe wild and radical sir but with proper imperial guidance we can definitely improve on it, but that’s not why I want to see how they make their weapons and what type of technology is used to contain it, more then that the nature of their weapons the radiation we need to find a way to make our shields resistant to it and our armor more so”

He nodded “I’ll pass it along” he said “any luck finding out anything on the main space of the Dominions? They’re holdings? Anything?”

She went towards the consol and touched a screen the unknown regions came up and she gestured to one location a thousand light years out from Red Dawn “we’ve lost a larger then normal number of spy vessels out in that region lately and data picked up from the probe droids tossed out by Suroc indicates a vast amount of those anomalies we now know to be there FTL drive” she said “we can track them to that general area”

Guylos eyed it “how accurate was the probe data?” “Our long range sensors picked up last transmitted data this morning, it was two days old” He nodded “that’s a large surface area to cover several hundred light-years”

“I know sir but I believe if we’re cautious we can locate their main base then when the death stars operational”

He nodded “excellent “”get on it”

“I already have” Guylos smiled and nodded before turning he stopped and then smirked “Grand Admiral Seras” he asked she stood erect “aye sir?”

“why are they not moving to pacify the outer rims?” he asked “they could but all signs point to them moving forward going right to the more critical sectors not to mention they’re path is on the way here”

“Because they know about us? Have spies?”

“Exactly they know about us, and it’s a tiring advantage let us change it” she smirked “I think I understand sir, as you wish”

………..

………………

Crimson shield ten days post occupation

Grand Moff Turhain over seer of this imperial over sector and leader of a base with a myriad of various under the book projects stalked nervously. Up until recently he had much to be proud of a career on the rise and comfortable nearly impregnable station. Then he saw blood knife get blown out of the stars and Red Dawn get occupied and he was now absolutely sure he’d either suffer a force choke or be tossed out the nearest air lock.

He looked down a large network of spires connecting in a web like construct to a series of disc like stations could be seen, a fleet of Super star Destroyers commissioned by the emperor was being built still several years away from being completed they would of swarmed space and conquered all in they’re path and yet here was watching that dream nearly crumbled. Over the last ten days he had ordered his people to work feverishly to fortify the area and begin setting up a series of sensors and probes, what ever was left from the occupation of Red Dawn that had survived fled here repairs had been affected and they had now begun to set themselves up for a hard battle.
He had ordered patrols over the remnants of Crimson shields sister station. He noted Dominion vessels always on sensor range in the ruins. It was a benefit though he was able to cannibalize allot of the remains of weapons caches and supply parts to ensure he could defend against a long siege if supply lines got cut off. Detesting the idea of grave robbing but understanding how practical it was he had ordered constant sorties into the territory though allot of time there’d be heavy fighting. The Dominion was planning something he wasn’t sure if it was an invasion of Crimson shield or the mid rims.

One of the smart things that had been done by retreating forces from Dominion space was to grab as much of the wreckage as possible Turhain’s people had been going over it with a fine tooth comb trying to reverse engineer anything they could or to get a clue on any weakness they had. So far he discovered that certain types of radiation diminished their weapons and sensors nullifying an important advantage that they had had. What did disturb him more was the machine he had found intact his technicians had reprogrammed it to imperial standards and when hooked up to a power generator he was able to observe food and other raw materials manifesting out of thin air!, the only thing he could understand was that the technology converted energy into matter or it used available raw materials and assembled them instantly for them. Either way the tactical advantage of that was staggering and he put his people to work almost instantly on figuring out a way to reverse engineer that or to use the philosophy behind it to radically enhance imperial construction. Any advantage he could get he’d take denying the Dominion any more space and avenging the loss of Red Dawn and blood knife was top priority.

The growing number of star destroyers that was beginning to show up had him wondering, this was more then a defensive action this was something else entirely. Serus and Thanagar had been on the move scuttlebutt on Serus was that he was an aggressive commander, one who lead from the front and had the subtlety and tactical grace of a fusion bomb. He knew Serus was also one of the few Admirals to be so aggressive so completely insane both Jan Dodona and Admiral Akbar had extremely high difficulty preparing a strategy around the maniac and had lost considerable amounts of assets to him the few times they engaged. He also knew he took major losses as well and had no qualms about climbing over the dead to achieve a win ruthlessness the emperor liked but to a point where many of the grand admirals disliked him. Thanagar was a close friend of Guylos though he came from far more humble beginnings, he knew very little about him personally other then he was over weight and a heavy drinker and very vulgar, but he also knew the man was a very able commander and that he had been given an order to prepare for “fat man” as people called him (never to his face). Thanagar he reasoned was allot like Suroc a low born but one with a great deal of ability and could likely inspire he was the type of man to rally troops behind and that type of “celebrity” leader was needed now more then ever. Turhain waited patiently for the sign of a ship exiting hyperspace what he was rewarded with was an SSD and twenty five ISD’s arriving in orbit

He was hailed immediately Turhain saw Thanagar he was grinning “Grand Moff Turhain nice meeting you you’ve done a commendable job holding the lines” “I appreciate the flattery sir but I want my station back” “oh you mean Red Dawn? She’s the empires station” he said firmly then grinned “but I have a better alternative how’d you like to hit those Dominion bastards in they’re own turf”

“You’ve located it?” he asked astonished “will soon" he said then grinned "we're going to hit them back and show them what it means to make the empire bleed!"

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:50 am

new chapter up...Ar'techs gonna do something really stupid and both sides are gearing up for an attack..lots of planning though no fighting hope my Imperial character writing has improved a bit enjoy

……..

Imperial capital Coruscant ten days post declaration of war

Grand Admirals Octavian grant and Nial Declann and Grand Admiral Lucien Tyrell entered the “war room” as it was now being called Guylos was seen making various transfer orders and fortifications all three men received a standing ovation from the various grand moffs and commanders who had been coordinating the tactical side of the front. “I want to commend you all on a great victory” Guylos said “the emperor would no doubt be proud” he said Declann nodded “we sent word he sent his gratitude himself have you spoken with him?” he asked “no” Guylos said “nor Lord Vader” Declann nodded “the emperor has been deeply involved in other affairs I told him of your plan for attacking Dominion space and he said he sent his approval and well wishes”

“I thank The Emperor” Guylos said lowering his head in a curt nod Octavian Grant turned eying the various projections “you think they will make for Chomell sector?’ he asked “Yes” Guylos said both men had come from nobility and as such Grant found himself far more willing to speak to this man then any of his comrades “I was surprised to see you take the field of battle you seldom do” Guylos said Grant nodded “this was a job that needed to be done right” “indeed so” he conceded eying Declann who simply glared at one display “those damn propaganda clips are still showing!!”

“we’ve done everything to counter their hacks: he said coldly frustration visible in his voice “I mean, everything our technicians have been working around the clock” “this propaganda is very good, not only did they make use of atrocities they committed to blame us but these near constant runs of various programs showcasing life in the Dominion this one short about the life of an average Rebel soldiers the various stories about this Luke Skywalker is quite impressive” Grant said “for a pack of low born scum and purple aliens they have shown remarkable cunning of course though we can counter”

“We have begun running counter propaganda of our own it has bolstered recruiting offices and academies” he said honestly “but I don’t like this”

“Enough of this!” Declann sneered “shut down the holonet” both of them turned and eyed him with a look of utter shock “a galaxy wide black out? That’s never been done even during the clone wars!” “Irrelevant! These filthy xenos cannot be allowed to continue to run their lies and hate speech on Galactic television the freedom of information exists solely at the discretion of the emperor shut it off!!” he said

Grant nodded “this will weaken our ability to relay communications” Guylos protested “that can be disastrous to planning a war effort”

Declann eyed him coldly “do you seriously think these Xenos stand a chance against the forces of the emperor!!” he said “no” Guylos said backing off “you are right” Declann smiled a confident smile a smile he had seen preachers and other such religious fanatics at times “you need not reproach yourself Grand Admiral Guylos besides Imperial communications are still free of infiltration and will be made use of” he said “we will be able to plot and conspire against the Dominion, you are a very strong leader and have much passion you can be forgiven your doubt you are loyal to the empire I can sense this about you” he said

Guylos nodded “thank you” “I am going to draft the order to shut down the holonet I will need your co-signature ““you will have it” “excellent”

Declann nodded and walked Tyrell who was off issuing various orders followed him out likely heading to one of the many brothels in the capital. Turning both Grant and Guylos eyed each other “a galaxy wide black out” Grant said “you have plan to counter the damage this will do I trust?” he asked Guylos nodded “Seras does” “she’s low born” ‘she is also an efficient and dedicated genius” Grant said nothing merely eying the closing door “he’s a dedicated one that one” “aye” Guylos said “something should be done..To curtail that” “not yet” “of course not”

……………..

Deep core Dominion expedition fleet

Ar’tech sauntered his way to the command center of his command vessel as the large Dominion vessel and it’s escorts moved through a subspace slip stream he eyed the reports of a planet with heavy infrastructure both medical and industrial, he was investigating a really bizarre energy reading surrounding the planet Byss. As he eyed the various Dominion species he glared his “girls” silently made they’re way towards him standing beside him.

“sir we’re getting sensor readings now” a large green lizard like creature declared the vorta nodded “sir it’s” “what is it” he said “I don’t know I’ve never encountered anything like this before” “show me” he said they put the sensor readings on the main screen and the fat Vorta’s eyes widened “by the founders!” he exclaimed “what is it!”

“I don’t sir it’s radiating all around the planet permeating everything it’s” he frowned as best his reptilian features allowed him to “we’ve encountered traces of this energy in our galaxy before well something similar but nothing like this it’s so”

“perverted” he said softly half in awe beside him two of his girls started panting one slumped forward in the chair “the darkness infests all creation” she whispered “it’s..Alive with the souls of thousands”

“You’re not making any sense”

“We must flee!! This world is death!!” “It’s every where chaos incarnate! An instability made manifest it is the darkness the dark side! It is heresy!! “

Ar’tech glared at the planet rage boiling in his blood “get us out of here” he said “out of local sensor range then begin construction of a Trilithium warhead”

“Sir creating protomatter is going to exhaust most of our supply of we wont be able to produce enough energy for slipstream for several days”

“Can we make conventional warp?” he asked

“only warp two at best anything more the singularity drive will over load and we’ll loose containment” he nodded “understood no matter so long as we can put distance between us and this thrice damned planet after we do it I am not interested in fighting the entire imperial fleet so long as we can keep running until we are fully restored enough to return to Leviathan”

“Sir what happens when the Imperials find out we have such technology” Ar’tech glared coldly “do you honestly think these filthy humans can do anything against the power of the founders?” he hissed “so what if we tip our hand! Let them bask in the glory of the Dominion! The one true eternal empire!” he roared

“Aye sir” though the technician had a sinking feeling they where about to do something incredibly stupid

Imperial star base Crimson shield 10 days post declaration of war.

Turhain set aside some brandy as he pored over data obtained by various exploration vessels and spy ships in the area. He had to remember to thank the Dominion for the technology they used it was so radically different than anything the Imperials had encountered that while it made it a living hell to try and figure out it certainly made it easier to track. This galaxy having never experience such distortions in this “”below space” or what ever the technicians had called it, could be tracked far out. He eyed six possible candidates for a massed Dominion base six areas of phenomena that had been previously ignored and two had been ruled out as of early this morning. He leaned back eying the reports the technicians where having a field day going through dominion wreckage, so much of the technology was theoretical the energy sources and such that they seemed to be like kids at an academy class. But he also knew they had made some discoveries chiefly in how to detect the distortions and some information on the weaponry. He had to concede he understood very little of the jargon his technicians spouted off such things where squarely beneath an imperial officer and more for those too brainy to lead. His doors slid open as Thanagar entered the large Grand Admiral sat down opposite him and nodded “Grand Moff “

GA Thanagar” he said he had noticed the man liked an air of informality while Turhain would have none of it in terms of being addressed personally he would indulge the mans habit when it came to addressing him. “Would you like a drink? Its old republic Sereno Brandy” he said “around a hundred years old”

“oh, personal stash?” he asked getting some ice from dispenser and serving himself a drink “To The empire” “may it last until the end of the universe” Turhain added “and no I’ve got some contacts among local smugglers they bring me certain amenities when needed “

“no doubt” Thanagar said “I miss that Imperial central is so restrictive well except for the opera houses and those nice little pavilions “ he said grinning Turhain chuckled “we took Suroc to one once think it was the first time the bumpkin ever spent any time on the capital” Thanagar laughed Turhain smiled “he was a good commander I’ll admit but he did most passionately insult me and any one else of noble or high birth before he died” he said calmly Thanagar nodded “galvanized his troops though “ he tossed him a data chip Turhain looked at it interesting and rose up setting it in his personal projector. A three dimensional image of Red Dawn and the planet as well as the minor stations “this was taken by one of our surveillance probes” he said the image showed several of the larger Dominion vessels opening fire on the orbital facilities that served as troop and crew quarters destroying them and any civilians present. As well as the Dominion forces bombarding the surface of the mining moon.

Turhain glared they had taken some good men from the empire in doing this or at least every one had thought so. “What do you see there?” Thanagar asked “either they teleported they’re men off?” he stated “or they shot the shit out of the planet and killed them all” he said calmly “we didn’t detect any of the minor energy spikes associated with such procedure or at least according to our own data”

‘sounds like we don’t nearly enough about these Xeno scum bags” Turhain hissed Thanagar nodded “that’s why Grand Admiral Illira Seras is taking over your research” Turhain nodded “our facilities can accommodate her”

“good” the voice came from the now open doors as Grand Admiral Seras and Admiral Dorin Serus entered the room, Both men nodded at the other two Serus sat down while the grand admiral made her way towards the projector “I commend your technicians much of their early work has been instrumental to my people, I’ll be working along side them now” she said

“anything new “Thanagar asked she nodded “his technicians found out how they’re weapons work and why they cause so much damage ““oh boy here it comes” mumbled Turhain Thanagar shuffled in his seat and had the sinking suspicion some scientific jargon a military officer had no business understanding was about to tossed his way and both men rather swiftly pored themselves more Brandy. Seras quirked an eye brow then continued “essentially the poloron radiation works by phasing through our shields and cutting into the armor, it also seems to partially pass through the armor ““how’s that possible?” Serus asked “these Xenos use an unstable type of energy that’s particles are small enough to pass through our the energy of our shields and through albeit in a limited way the molecules of our armor”

Thanagar gave her a look of pure frustration and boredom honestly wondering why what amounted to a glorified engineer was in a position equal to his own. He understood her value and she was a good ally but this lab jockey was ten seconds away from being spaced. Seras for her part didn’t back down she simply glared moving a gloved hand to push some hair out of her eyes before reaching into his drink “Admiral Serus if you can pass me that spice shaker there”

Thanagar glared “what the hell are you doing?” She smirked “watch” she said shaking it over the ice cube before setting it down the reddish powder seemed to slowly pass through the ice leaving holes in it as it slowly moved down to the center “that’s our ships the spice is those weaponry”

“we can counter this I trust” he said “we’ll need to design the right type of shields poloron radiation was only recently discovered and it’s an area of research the empire never fully committed itself too specifically because of how unstable it is” she said “The CIS did make some head way with portable weaponry but nothing ship mounted, I can look into that too”

“these Xenos make use of almost universally unstable dangerous technology” she said “seems like they have abandoned tried and true technology and moved into the more erratic and desperate fields” she said “it’s unorthodox and simply foolish-I would rather not start copying the weapons and shields but learning about it certainly can’t hurt”

Thanagar nodded “see what you can do” he said “on a better note “ Serus interjected “I believe I found one of the Dominions shipyards” he said every one turned and eyed him he grinned “contacts among the outer rim commanders one of them maintains a nice little deal with some smugglers “ he said putting a data crystal into a holographic projector both of them eyed the metallic purple fields along a star amazed “two days jump from here” he said “near as I can tell it’s online and he says its been working non stop for a long time”

“One of their main facilities?” “yes” he said Thanagar rose up “ready your vessels we’ll be heading there in six hours” “aye sir” Thanagar turned and eyed Turhain and Seras “make sure your teams continue work on finding any solutions possible and I want the most able hulls from that shipyards deployed I don’t care if they are half armored meat shields crewed by a skeleton crew”

“sir those ships aren’t- he was cut off by the large Grand Admiral who cut him a withering stare “listen to me carefully when we succeed the counter attack is going to be massive we’ll have likely destroyed one of their critical shipyards and they’re going to be pissed” he said firmly “they’re going to come out here like a swarm of angry insects do you understand?”

“yes sir” he said “excellent” he eyed them all “when I return we’ll have given those filthy Xeno scum some serious pay back” he said “let them know the Empire isn’t some victim to be assaulted at their mercy”

….

Dominion occupied territory allied Star Base Red Dawn

Captain Garros ran off the newly installed transporter pad and made his way towards the main conference room, as he ran he dodged Technicians of all sorts Rebel and Dominion who where busy installing and refitting various systems for what would be the forward rebel base in this sector. He nearly slipped on some water ejected from a malfunctioning replicator unit that was swiftly being repaired by some droids and Dominion technicians and made his way along the main hall finally entering the room. Vi’retess and Admiral Akbar where standing both discussing matters over a map of the mid rim Akbar gesturing to various crucial worlds. The old Vorta nodding and making certain propositions, both of them turned to eye him both seemed pleasantly amused by his labored breathing “looks like you where right Vi’retess” Akbar remarked the cautious admiral handed the old vorta a piece of Mon Calamari sweets the older vorta merely chuckled “eagerness is a product of youth” he said “you wanted to see me sir?” he asked Akbar nodded “judging by your swift approach you know why”

“Rumor has it that we’re” Vi’retess raised a hand “it is true” he said he looked visibly surprised “really?” “yes “ Akbar said “and you have been requested to lead the Rebel forces in this battle” he said calmly “that is if you feel up to the task” he said calmly “I’m honored” Garros conceded “I would be honored to do so sir” “Excellent “ Vi’retess smiled and looked at him “but if I where you I would be sure to do my best at playing the politician you are after all going to have to represent alliance interests to the people of Naboo” he grinned

Garros nodded sitting down it felt relieving to actually hear it Akbar gestured to the old vorta and to Garros and both made their way towards a holographic pad in the center “well we should address the troops shouldn’t we?” the old Vorta asked grinning before standing on the pad, Akbar nodded and joined in as did Garros. In an instant they appeared as large holographic projections across dozens of vessels stationed within Red Dawns sphere of influence and through long range sensors projected to rebel vessels within Dominion territory. “Hello friends and allies” began the old Vorta “it has come to our attention that aside from the invasion of the imperial chain that holds the outer rim sectors in this region we have done very little while the empire licked it’s wounds and fortified and some of you no doubt began to wonder.” He grinned “so earlier today I conferred with my colleagues and the Dominion has reached a consensus” he said then smiled widely “and we feel something more must to be done to ease our allies in the rebel alliances burden” he stated Admiral Akbar took point “we have met with Dominion representatives and come to the same conclusion “ he said his tone and expression becoming suddenly very grave “at this time tomorrow, allied forces made up of The Dominion and Rebel alliance to restore the republic will launch an invasion into the mid rim territories we will break imperial power and return the sectors to the people! The republic will be restored”

Vi’retess grinned “the Dominion will honor the republic and do what ever we can to assist the peoples of the Mid Rim Territories in reestablishing themselves so that a greater more ordered Galactic community can be created from the chaos of tyranny” the hologram shut off a mist cheers of applause from rebel forces, Garros smiled mobbing to sit down he looked out of the window and eyed the vastness of the stars He had grown up in the Chomell sector on an out post. Soon its capital Naboo would be free of imperial control and he’d see his home sector free of the terror of the empire. Garros kept wondering why though beneath all the elation and joy he felt for this day he felt a sinking dread as if all this would end in fire and blood.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:49 pm

well new chapter out, Ar'tech gets mind raped by his own people and does something stupid...pisses off sidous and Thanagar finally brings the fight to the Dominion and kicks some major ass

hopefully yall enjoy..tried to do the battle scenes well next chapter will be brutal

….
Uranus orbit same time

Simon Tarses made his way down the newer facility, eying all the different commanders merchants and other people that seemed to swarm the place, while SOL had a myriad of major hubs and stations and commerce of course on earth and mars for some reason this old gas giant drew more attention then any other way side type shipyard in the region. It might have had something to do with Admiral Ruiz, the man was a shaker and a mover the ultimate middle man his skills with procurement and playing the political game was enough that many Ferengi would be jealous of the man. Tarses walked along the main promenade of the large station eying several bars where a group of Romulan star fleet cadets gambled with some humans in a poker game. He grinned on the one hand the fall of the Empire brought the federation new territory new resources new life, on the other hand it resurrected an age old grudge with the gradually declining Klingon empire. Stagnant as they had been largely due to their own culture all the radical changes had brought frustration and aggression to bare against them, old hatred revived and an empire on the edge of the abyss had brought itself back by directing that hatred onto the Federation. Tarses wondered if he’d live to see one of those young Romulans as an admiral, if the Federations old prejudices could be forgotten. His heritage once a source of resentment was a source of pride, many of the new generation of Romulans who had joined Starfleet had become very productive dedicated soldiers and explorers embracing it with the same passion and dedication to duty as he had observed they all had. Tarses shook his head as one started a bar fight, there was that too some times that passion got the better of them. He walked past the civilian and military centers entering the officers quarters passing the windows he saw a very large modified version of a Sovereign being upgraded with a cluster of ships near it. Eying them intently he sighed he had transferred to command while in Starfleet academy in honor of the men who had risked they’re careers to defend him and while he had acquitted himself well in the field and won many citations for valor in the Dominion war and the following skirmishes with the Klingons and what little was left of the Borg, but the most he had accomplished was the position of commander, an XO and position he only barely made and he long suspected it was Norah Satie’s hand reaching from even the grave to torpedo his career. This time though he would be the one torpedoing it , this mission was a rock enter a foreign galaxy annihilate some ancient and highly advanced piece of technology then do your best to survey the area with out getting too involved in either the civil war rampaging or the Dominion presence. Making his way towards the main quarters he reached his destination after ringing the bell so to speak the two metallic doors slid open.

eying the mans quarters Simone realized they where some what simple no ornate decoration nothing to suggest anything other then your standard Starfleet officer, other than the disproportionately large dark thick leather over coat with a series of medals on it and the sign of a Klingon Imperial officer with a large scratch through the metal, Simon shook his head that had belonged to a high ranking Klingon General likely a lord of a major house he suspected it was during the raid on DS9 and then he remembered the story. Dartanis and a man named Elias Vaughn had been in command of the counter attack and decided as a way to remind the Klingons what was what to raid the command ship and take it a prize. The General was an especially unruly man who had a reputation for being a powerful warrior, it also helped he was several feet taller then the average Klingon. During the Dominion wars the Jem’hadar had called him “blood god” and among those who remained free in the Alpha Quadrant (mostly as raiders and mercenaries) it was said he was still greatly respect. Vaughn and captain Dartanis had defeated him in personal combat and Vaughn had taken his Bat’leth Dartanis his coat and sign of office. The Klingon government was very upset about it but since it was officially an “unsanctioned” rage they could do nothing more than seethe. These types of actions where not good in his mind though the newer generation of federation officers and politicians had been inspired and rallied to tails of such daring Simon knew this would only inflame matters more. This man was too daring and too crazy to be a member of Starfleet security or intelligence he was sure of that so he must have been something else perhaps this alleged “section 31” he had heard of in rumors. Officially they didn’t exist Sisko was lying and so where the founders but scuttlebutt said to steer clear, and give them no never mind Tarses simply reasoned he had gotten screwed once for secrets and that such things weren’t worth the trouble knowing about. He looked around wondering where the El Aurian was and then was greeted by the smell of Romulan ale, he turned seeing the man exit one of the smaller rooms with a glass and a data sheet “ah, Commander Tarses “ the El-Aurian wasn’t what he had expected dark brown some what shaggy long hair now graying slightly a uniform slightly unbuttoned though he could understand why, nostalgia had taken over and the Starfleet uniforms began to resemble more the uniforms Admiral Kirk wore though they still kept the dark color with the red blue green or yellow being in the turtle neck worn underneath these new “old school” uniforms could get very uncomfortable. Both men shook hands and sat down “I trust you where briefed” he asked Simon nodded “aye sir and if I may be honest this mission is a complete incoherent mess”

“I know” Dartanis said “but that’s more due to the sensitive nature of the mission itself and slapping some sudden last minute nonsense on by the Ruiz and his people” he conceded “exactly sir politics and discretion don’t ever mix I’m sorry to say but I have to decline” he said honestly. Dartanis grinned “you came all the way over here for that?” he asked “no sir my ships in Jupiter station being refitted and repaired” “ah yes the Roosevelt? “ he asked Tarses nodded Dartanis sighed before rising he turned back eying him “look, I’ll be honest here” he said “I have a feeling this is going to south and honestly in ways We're simply not prepared for” he said “you were a student of Picard’s command style the man inspired you did he not?” “he did” “then honor that, I’m not a diplomat or a peace officer I’m an old soldier and an old spook I know how to piss an enemy off and how to crush him that’s why I’m in charge here but just in case things get complicated I would much rather have some one who understand the core values of the federation who’s had them hammered into them by a great man and seen first hand what it takes to make a stand even if it is against authority” he said honestly Simone sighed “and how well did that go?” “well, I suppose that depends on your out look I mean your not serving on board a freighter or something” he said Simon nodded conceding “I’ll be your second in command?” he asked calmly Dartanis shook his head “no that’ll be captain John Rainbird in command of the USS Typhon” he said “you would be the our “third in command” anything the staff and vessel commanders need would be brought before you first then us” he said adding “the administrative part of being in the big chair is an area that most painfully try to avoid” he laughed Simone thought about it to command a ship to have most of the authority delegated to him was interesting. He had heard of Rainbird before an older man and an Apache from one of the colonies near Klingon space where his tribe and others had settled. One of the few native Americans in Starfleet he had a reputation was a fierce warrior but also a very honorable and compassionate man the Klingons respected him and at least twice on his word of honor a battle had been stopped. If he was going it was clear the more moderate less militant faction of federation politics was active in this and he figured Dartanis and his section buddies had been reigned in.

He thought about it for a bit “they said if I do this I’d be given the rank of captain and a promotion to a newer vessel why is that?” he asked Dartanis thought on it “honestly because John and I forced the issue, we don’t agree on much but we did agree on this: that you are among the few that are genuinely innocent of the crap heaped on you in all forms including the lying’’ “but I’m guilty of that sir” “sure, but from a practical sense it was justified” “I don’t follow sir lying is never justified” “exactly” Dartanis grinned “I don’t understand” “you will assuming I change your mind” he said “you’ll be getting one of the Ambassadors the USS Yamamoto “ he said calmly “she’s an old one but she’ll be refit from the inside out before we leave “ Simon thought about eying him intently his in his gut he felt this was wrong this whole thing was wrong but a sense of adventure had awoken in him and his watered down Romulan blood burned for this he could feel truly feel it. “Alright, fleet Captain is it?” he asked

“excellent and no, not yet at least you don’t get a temp promotion to that until your on assignment “ he said “better pay though “ he grinned Simon smirked before rising “I’ll let my Captain know I accepted” “good I’ll prepare to the transfer orders” he said rising up shaking the younger officers hand

……………..

Deep core expedition fleet

Ar’tech eyed the dark world as they retreated one of the smallest shuttles they had sped towards the star at blinding speeds, He knew deep down he would be in trouble for doing this, that such an action would reveal too much of their technology base and likely enrage the enemy and doing so would earn him the wrath of his founder and of his superior Vi’retess and yet he could not bring himself to care, and why should he! He had the power after all this was his mission his fleet and who cared what an old fool and a bunch of hidden gods said! If the fat beast had taken a moment to survey his thoughts and look back on the foolishness of his actions he would see that the dark side had completely over taken his harlots and in doing so drove their minds to madness began in turn influencing his own thoughts aggression defiance and hatred had taken route and the dark side began slowly working moving in it’s twisted way attempting to force evolution both of it’s chief conduit Sidious but also of the denizens here.

Trilithium and protomatter collided with a bright star a shock wave tore across space worlds where blasted into powder and Byss was absolutely annihilated and four minds studied in the force one on Dagobah one with the Rebels and two over Endor felt a sudden and violent change as billions where laid to waste an instant
Sheer overwhelmed the fat vorta who ordered his troops to flea the mad creature took off blindly tripping every Imperial warning system in the entire sector to his presence

In the following hours an army of dark side dominated lunatics unhinged by the broken minds of innocent telepathic slaves madly engaged a large imperial fleet under command of Grand Admiral Nial Declann, the carnage would travel as news all over the imperial com systems and in the end the Empire would gain access too the ruins of a Dominion cruiser and one intact Jem’hadar bug

……………..

Unknown regions 12 days post declaration of war

Several purple disc like constructs stretched over the surface of the gas giant long metallic spirals reached out connecting one to another splayed out over several hundred kilometers. The Large shipyard was one of the oldest ones built in this galaxy thirty years ago it had been essentially in churning out bugs and smaller capital ships it had fielded hundred before a bold raid by one of the Dominions enemies had crippled it. That was fifteen years ago it was largely abandoned to be maintained by the technician class and to produce as it was diminished while almost all effort was directed toward Leviathan and Phanous it was only in the last several months had the facility been brought back to life in preparation for the invasion, until the others where online this shipyard was one of the three critical production facilities and due to it being remote and out of the way it was believed to be relatively safe from the empire, ignoring a hard lesson learned prior and under command of the arrogant Ar’tech it’s only defenses where a battle group consisting of two Dominion battle cruisers of the smaller variety and fifty bugs, what the station did have was a series of orbital defense platforms powered by the stations core. In a manner similar to the defense line at Chintoka believing that would be sufficient.

The silence of space was interrupted by a force of Imperial star destroyers exiting hyperspace a total of ten backed up by a massive behemoth of a vessel taking the Dominion presence totally off guard.

Aboard the divine wind

Thanagar eyed the shipyard coldly and watched as the bugs and two cruisers scrambled to attack “don’t give these purple bastards the chance! All batteries open fire now! Now! Now! “ he roared as the massive vessel began hurling out turbo laser fire reigning hell down onto the station as Serus fleet of destroyers turned and began to engage the on coming ships fighters cutting loose towards the Dominion bugs several being completely obliterated by rushing cruiser which began to engage the simply huge imperial capital ship.

A Dominion bug turned sharply strafing Serus vessel which turned unloading a full broad side on the swift moving craft sheering its Nacelle off and causing it to smash violently into the side of another destroyer damaging some of its port weaponry, Both vessels turned on the on coming craft unleashing a hell of green fire that tore through the darkness of space meeting violate hulls as white death reigned onto Imperial shields and tore into them ripping armor and gun alike in a stellar display.

……

Dominion battle station

The Vorta in charge of the station whaled in shock as hundreds of turbo laser bolts smashed into shields and proton missiles caused violent explosions along the stationed super structure “raise shields!! How did they find us!!” he roared one of the other Vorta’s glowered “likely paid spies among the traders in this region or it could have been that object that the debris came from we found last week” “one of their accursed probe droids?! Impossible!! We where thorough” he shook violently as a piece of metal tore from the outside as the shields finally raised “WHY AREN’T THE AUTO MATED DEFENSES ON”

“Sir...Ar’tech felt that they should be remote activated as they wasted energy that could be put towards production” “what!! That fools! They are supposed to be automa-Gah! Activate them now”

It was almost beautiful when the round small cylindrical construct seemed to shift layers of violate metal flowing back as side panels opened and several long arms came out giving the impression of some sort of mechanical flower that immediately began hurling yellow orbs out towards the Imperial vessels while white poloron beams streaked out in the darkness the orbs shattered violently against escort frigates blasting them to pieces after two or three shots while the white light lanced through their shields burning into armor. Photon torpedoes taken from lessons learned in the Dominion war belted out against Imperial metal exploding violently one of the ISD’s went down to combined fire from the bugs and the stations defenses splitting in half with it’s tip breaking into several pieces after the explosions.

Two Dominion bugs rammed the lead super star destroyers scoring damage on various parts of the ship but not nearly enough to do more then enrage it’s commander who turned hundreds and hundreds of missiles onto the station and dominion vessels, with explosions reigning like violent fire all over the station as shields began to waver under the assault.

“Command all orbital defense platforms to open fire on that mammoth!!!” A vorta roared as others began to evacuated to scrambled as many ships as could be made to use to send as many as they could to the main base while doing their best to hold off Imperial assault.

Aboard divine wind

Grand Admiral Rance Thanagar for the first time in the last few weeks smiling widely as he watched the other wise seemingly unbeatable Dominion bastards flailed under the wrath of his surprise attack and really big ship. He watched shields buckle and damage take to the super structure as the Dominion frantically scrambled a defense. The bugs got reinforced by what looked like partially constructed bugs which piloted via remote rammed some of his ships though he began ordering cover fire when his ship massive as it was began shaking violently from sustained fire from those thrice damned defensive platforms which where now concentrated on his vessel and two other ISD’s which began to erupt in flames and die in space, several smaller frigates broke apart under platform fire and one damage by a bug rammed into one of the defensive platforms the violent explosion damage the construct and knocked it off course but a shield glowed brilliantly and course corrected opening fire on the on coming imperial vessels

“no station that small can sustain a power source needed for such shields” he hissed “they must be feeding them power find the location of the power source!” he roared to a technician which began directing the sensors of it’s vessel and a dozen smaller vessels began scanning the area as the battle raged. Two imperial frigates rammed one of the larger Dominion cruisers between that and the sheer amount of cannons the super star destroyer brought to bare the ship completely shattered exploding violently and knocking debris all over the Super star Destroyers hull chipping paint and denting armor knocking off one of the guns but other that solely enraging it’s commanding officer after several seconds that felt only too long a Technician replied “I’ve got it sir one of the reactors powering the station if we concentrate our fire power there we can take them offline then destroy the station!”

Thanagar eyed it intently before nodding he hailed Serus flagship “Admiral, are you getting the data I’m sending you” “aye I am” the Admiral grinned maniacally “Grand Admiral Thanagar I formally request permission to take this generator out before any more of our vessels are destroyed!” ‘Permission granted”

Serus vessel an older model star destroyer rounded on its self turning it began to move away from the gas giant at maximum thrust putting as much distance between itself and the station as it could Serus eyed his technician “is the gas composition of that large storm beneath the station what I think it is?” he asked “aye sir unstable we want to be careful when firing “

“No we don’t and I need a new ship any ways prepare evacuation procedures notify Thanagar to pick us up ‘he said as his vessel turned and began preparations for something that was both tactically insane and radically unsafe. In an instant the Imperial star destroyer turned facing the station then immediately made a micro jump vanishing into hyperspace and coming out directly between the main discs and a large series of spheres that connected the stations long metallic tendrils and instantly opened fire as it slowed its acceleration opening fire with everything it had tearing into shields with proton missiles turbo lasers smashing into the power system as several proton torpedoes fired off towards the raging storm below, the large eye shaped hurricane seized seemingly violently and than it happened, and like the wrath of an angry god the massive torrent erupted into fire exploding inward and outward a massive fire ball smashing into the station bringing shields down instantly and ripping into metal ships being built exploded one of the large discs broke off falling into the fire ball to be vaporized in that instant Serus emptied his older vessels entire pay load into the power core causing a violently explosion that clashed with the fire ball fire erupted debris smashed into his ship as his shuttles fled entire sections of the station burned off exploding or falling into the orbit of the gas giant, the ISD’s engine set to an auto delay activated and the now empty burning hull moved forward crashing violently into the Dominion shipyard fire ripping the station as both the cores and the ISD exploded in a frenzy of fire and debris.

Thanagar let out a roar of laughter and grinned “add our fire order the rest of the ISD’s to do a clean up operation on the ships pummel that station until it’s cosmic ash!!” the large super star destroyer lit up and green energy belched forward smashing into the remnants of the station slowly the old station began to shatter and break apart falling into orbit over the gas giant burning in the hell fire created by Serus mad gambit.

‘sir we have one Dominion cruiser escaping the wreckage” an aid declared Thanagar eyed it intently half its armor was off he doubted no more then a few sections where livable and he wondered if they’d even make it. “Hundred life signs it looks like they’re attempting to make repairs while they run, shall we destroy them?”

“no hail them” Thanagar said several seconds later an image appeared on one of the com screams a holographic image of a vorta and several small weak looking creatures who seemed to be covered in filth he reasoned engineers they must have been. “we don’t surrender” the Vorta declared “good” Thanagar said rising and eying him coldly “because I’d be disappointed if you did” he said coldly “I am imperial grand Admiral Thanagar “ he declared in an icy but stern voice “I am the wrath of the empire tell your leaders in the Dominion that we know they can be hit we know what to look for, tell them to run back home and prepare themselves because I’m coming and the wrath of an entire Galaxy is coming with me!” he yelled