The Tides of History (an St/Sw cross over)

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: The Tides of History (an St/Sw cross over)

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri May 11, 2012 4:50 pm

I have long debated having a subcommander Tyler expy back at the imperial war college since they'll be featuring a bit more prominently - his reply to Vi'retess would have been a good counter that might have balanced the encounter more.

But I wouldn't do him justice

Question: You guys want to see Thory burning? intermixed with Rainbird and Jack Crusher tearing shit up? mixed with Alexander and Vi'retess

or would you like to see a little bit of what Yoda is up too and maybe the true colors of the Al Aurian leading the S31 expedition? Or all of the above?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri May 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Very nice, I'm eagerly awaiting Vire'Tess's battle of wits with Alexander...

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue May 15, 2012 3:56 pm

and new update Thanagar and Im'pec hit Thory and Yorin makes a return appearence! Alexander and Vi'retess bluster like hotheads while concealing the real reason for their visit and end up giving each other as good as they get

apart from that well its time for some battle scenes..and tried to be fair and give a Cardassian an epic speech...made it will inspire sonof a bit

"I remember your father talking about Parvek once, he said John respected him, that he would have been a good friend had he not fought on the wrong side or been born in the wrong species" -Beverly Crusher on Legate Parvek

"Honor is a word I have come to understand has many applications, many of them incorrect and dishonor can truly mean the opposite" - Mogh son of Worf

Allied Starbase Red Dawn five minutes later

Captain Garros felt as if his mind was going to turn to mush, he felt as if his brain was going to melt out of his ears trying to follow this game trying to keep up with the two orators. So far he had gleamed that this lord Alexander was someone from the Dominions home galaxy, that he was someone of considerable power within an enemy state and that his appearance here constituted a direct challenge to Vi’retess. Garros thought that was brazen and arrogant even, to announce to someone so dangerous you were here and moving against him and for the first several minutes of their conversation he proceeded from that position.

“I must admit you have done very well for yourself” Vi’retess said leaning back “that little coup in the delta quadrant was very interesting” he said smiling widely. Alexander smiled back the question was which one was he referring too? There had been six but one was really important and its actions lead to a major war that expanded the influence of both sides of his enemies’ roster. Alexander smiled the old devil was trying to get him to reveal critical details? No nothing so simple the old preacher already knew exactly what was happening and he certainly wasn’t trying to illicit a reaction, no he was trying to let him know he knew. Alexander grinned so the fool was playing the rookie with him? “Oh you mean like your little promotion?’ he asked “you are looking unusually refreshed” he said “I wonder did they gift you, with the greatest of gifts knowing you’re responsible for the demise of the other?” he asked. Vi’retess eyes flickered a little that was a typical Klingon response he should have kept his awareness of that silent yet he was warning him not to play around. Alexander had caught that though and it filled Vi’retess with rage on the inside, how dangerous this one was how close he was coming and how Vi’retess only recently was able to suspect he was the manipulator. Mastering himself Vi’retess smiled Alexander knew that Vi’retess knew that he was onto Vi’retess plans the question was to what extent? The old Vorta smiled he enjoyed this kid; he knew full well his species emotions would cause him to over react to he manipulated the conversation in a way that would ensure it would move to his benefit. Vi’retess smiled warmly almost beaming with pride “Well, you see that is rather amazing” he said shrugging “I was, always under the impression you were shall we say not up to the task at hand what with the phoenix situation and all”

Alexander smiled and looked at him “Oh you wound me, you who stand before the galaxy and deliver sermons? In the light no less! You are quite the attention seeker my dear old rival” alexander said gazing at the man who very well may have been one of the most dangerous men in the entire universe; he couldn’t particularly understand why that was happening either. He knew that one did benefit from a certain level of attention but when your overall plan was what he suspected the mad preacher of it bothered him. Vi’retess smiled and stood up walking with his arms folded behind his back. “Oh but the difference between us is that my masters are so much more effective” he said smiling “what are yours? Puppets?” he asked with a wry smile “puppets who cannot even function on the scale you need them too without your gentle stroking” he shook his head “I am perfectly willing to reveal myself to the cosmos for the cause, you see my boy for fifteen hundred years I have played this game in the darkness and the light and I am comfortable in both” he grinned adding ‘besides our motivations are very different”

Alexander smiled “Are they? We would both see the restoration of our respective governments; we would both see justice and order proliferate the universe” he said leaning back. “Oh and the vindication of your grandfather and the restoration of your blood line as a force of power and politics has nothing to do with it?” alexander grinned “The house of my fathers crumbled into ruin by their own righteousness and near sighted absolute nature” he said “I am not my fathers” he said his voice held a hint of menace

Vi’retess smiled a defiant and coy smirk his eyes burning and in that moment he realized just how clever Alexander really was. “You’ll have to cross the Delta Quadrant into Gama first and go through my gods to do what you are suggesting” he said flicking a switch slowly the lights began to cut around the facility and power and the main computer was shut down

Alexander stood up and leaned in “and you have to come through this galaxy to get to the Alpha Quadrant” he said Vi’retess smiled “whatever do you mean? I intend to bring unity to this place not anything else if you wish to use this Galaxy as your own private buffer state I am certainly not going to make it easy for you to do that” he said with surprising fierceness in his voice “I like the friends I made here and I will protect them as brutally as I would the Dominion” he said his posture firm and full of resolve “so be aware little lord the voice of the founders stands between you and those whom you could subjugate and I am not Legate Madred”

Alexander smiled matching his gaze right up until the old preacher had said that, the faintest hint of surprise shifted across his features. Vi’retess seemed to mimic the reaction and they both calmed into something that approached mutual confirmation. Alexander faded as the power cut off completely.

Captain Garros frowned that wasn’t what he had expected the posturing and threatening and blustering seemed to completely underwhelming. He had expected to at least learn more about the man who was mentoring him and his new and unseen enemy. All he saw was the usual accusations of Dominion power playing and an attack on Vi’retess and his loyalty (that bit did interest him it was entirely new) not much else. As the power came on he saw in the flickering light Vi’retess in a new way, the Vorta looked contorted and full of malice for the briefest of seconds before the gentleness returned. Frustration was very apparent, until the technician came in. “You were right overseer Vi’retess” came the lizard like creatures reply “the main databases were bypassed and they hit the secondary ones all of our classified files” he said worry in his voice. Vi’retess seemed to visibly relax “Indeed?” he asked almost expecting it “and they got it all yes? What else” The lizard creature frowned “I, believe they hit the financial and waste management files as well” he said “including one databank concealed between the two that I was not made aware of”
Vi’retess nodded and then waved him off before turning to gaze at Garros “my how exciting” he said chuckling. Then looked out “I must thank him”

Unknown regions- same time

The Klingon Captain bowed his head as Alexander reappeared via hologram on his bridge; the man was of a minor house which had been elevated into power through its alliance with one of House Rozhenko and its many vassals. “My lord we got it all” Alexander nodded his face calm but deep inside he was both relieved and enraged. “It’s useless” he said “they know not where the arch is yet, that location is likely a dud those plans designed to kill us” he said an obvious trap within a deeply hidden treasure. Alexander was being mocked but still the old one had revealed to him something fundamental. “I am going home” he said

Alexander frowned he was played; deceived this was going to be a very dangerous enemy. Vi’retess knew he was merely stalling from the beginning and Alexander continued it because he knew the exchange would reveal more critical information about how his enemy thought than he ever could have gleaned from staying away. Still Vi’retess had convinced him that he knew not his ultimate goal until the final seconds when Alexander realized he had been played.

Still the old Vorta unwittingly confirmed something for him, and Alexander’s reaction confirmed it right back. They both suspected and until the very final second the very final personal dig did not have confirmation.

Someone else was playing this great game against them both, and for the longest time neither of them were fully aware of it.

Hyperspace en route to Thory

“I can handle the fleet” came the gruff reply from Grand Admiral Thanagar “it’s those blasted planetary defenses “he said refilling his cup and grabbing some food. Two hours ago en route to Thory an advance scout from the Klingons had contacted Im’pec and told him that the main planets vast oceans had been converted into one massive White farm. The entire planet was being converted into some gargantuan Jem’Hadar production facilities. The small shipyards were being enhanced and refit to build up warships. This construction was new and moving incredibly fast as if they were desperately attempting to play catch up after the wars of the mid rim territories. It was more than that and he knew it, the brawlers had to smash apart that planet somehow, crack it open and deny them the vast resources that were being cultivated therein. They had to do this while still possessing enough vessels and manpower to free the occupied sections of this sector and regroup and still have enough vessels and manpower left to continue assuming they couldn’t bolster their numbers via liberation of captured and imprisoned assets but all the same.

Jaxor leaned back in thought “We take the stations and bombard the planet” “that will take days “Thanagar said “you saw the loss of life we suffered in a twenty plus hour battle at Malastare and Ord no, I aint risking no protected siege”. Im’pec thought about it “Could your vessels super laser destroy the planet’s surface?” he asked. Thanagar nodded “but I’ll need it for the stations and the defenses”
“no you won’t” came the reply from Iceman “let my team take down the shields and then you send in some boarding parties, capture the main station and some of the shipyards” he said “that way we can repair and move on”

Thanagar smirked “boy you can’t fight a damn Dominion fortress!” he said though he had to admit he had begun to respect the hell out of the guts and maddening stunts the exterminators pulled. This caused Im’pec to laugh his stomach bouncing lightly “I like these Exterminators!” he said smiling and then clenched his metal hand and banged it on the table “I believe I have a solution” he said “my vessel can crack the planets defenses and boil those wretched seas” he said leaning in “but the shipyards will not be easily conquered I propose to allow Beorn to take his squadron against the shipyards to assist the Exterminators and a few of your vessels breach their defenses and allow for troops to enter” he said and then grinned “you can destroy the ones that have architecture that offend your senses” he said chuckling, The exterminator squad leader smiled, he had been ranting at length about how insect like Dominion construction was, and the purple! Apparently Iceman as he was called really despised the purple. Jaxor nodded looking at Vindiz “I can send about fourteen hundred troopers to take that station” he said and then thought about it “let Hardcase lead the Imperial garrison”

“Actually” Im’pec interrupted “I have a request” he began standing up his massive frame casting a long shadow over the holographic displays. Thanagar turned and looked at him gazing at the Dahar master intensely and then he chuckled knowing what the man wanted.

“I would lead the assault personally” Im’pec said “Toq can command from the flag The Jokers killed a founder, I would be honored to lead them into battle” he said.

Vindiz and his commander exchanged looks, then nodded eying the Ram who with a hard look gave final permission “on the condition that you do me a favor” he said “I want you to skull fuck The Vorta with your sword handle” he said “let him return to life with such a memory” he asked. There was silence than Im’pec burst forward with loud and uproarious laughter “I will honor your request Ram! I will send every Vorta I cleave returning from the house of the dead with the knowledge of the unusual and unnatural manners with which I have slain them!” he said laughing

Thory Sector one hour later

Yorin walked along the halls of the Moffs palace, his grim, gaunt eyes gazed at the marble pillars and ancient swords and tapestries. The entire palace gave off the impression of a fool, a minor and local lord trying to sooth his own resentment at his low station. This was a trait he found in all manner of sentient beings and it was a trait that revealed so many critical flaws and weaknesses. He realized how easily the galaxy could be brought under control if the average person in power thought as he did. He had another reason for believing this of course, namely he was trying desperately to forget how he had come to know death during the last battle of the mid rim. The resolve and grim determination the sheer spirit in the mind of the human abomination who impaled him against the wall, the burning desire in his grim eyes all were etched into his consciousness. Yorin would never forget this, he would never forgive the humans and he knew now, that the sacrifice of that one soldier which he had dismissed as pointless was now obvious. Fear had crept into his heart and he wasn’t the only Vorta who felt this way either. Many had come back from the war scarred and ruined, left visibly shaken by their experiences fighting the humans of this galaxy. Much like the war against the Federation decades before, the battles had left scars and imprints in the minds of so many of his fellow Vorta, and rumors abounded of an entire line of Vortas discontinued during at least one of the two wars Yorin had fought against mankind. As he made his way towards the command center he watched the Ursoid generals direct their Jem’Hadar and legions of puppet soldiers who had been trained to fight since the Dominion first came to this galaxy, a contingency plan in case the war could not be won by the Jem’Hadar alone as it had been with the federation. He passed the giants making his way towards the great feasting hall of this facility. The area had been refit into a makeshift command center and administrative center, from here they could direct the local forces and supervise the various construction projects that SekSill had ordered behind Vi’retess back again. Or at least that was what Yorin assumed SekSill was much like Ar’tech always conspiring to undue the Vorta leader and it always ended badly for them both. Yorin merely shook his head at the thought of it, it was just a waste of energy you were better off fighting a storm or convincing a Klingon to become a pacifist. Yorin gazed intently at the leader of the forces present, Tigret was an old Ursoid scarred and missing an eye, his gray fur stuck out at certain parts between his armor and he seemed to be eternally monitoring patrols. Yorin was a little annoyed, earlier they had detected what looked like possible slipstream echoes on subspace sensors and then they detected the imperial fleet coming. However as per usual somehow magically the subspace communications grid failed just at the worse possible moment, Yorin again thanked the founders for the wisdom of teaching him patience by placing him under the command of SekSill the treasonous and wondered idly if he had not committed some great sin against his gods. Eying the Ursoid who turned back and eyed him “I believe they will be here within two hours” he said

Yorin nodded “Remain planet side with the forces and prepare for a hard fight, if these Brawlers are anything like the Legion of the Sarlacc we fought taking this sector than we must vigilante and make sure they do not do as much damage as they potentially can”
Tigret nodded and looked out “only one problem the slip echoes ‘he explained Yorin frowned “what of them? Could be a scout ship or a small fleet moving off from the occupied zone” he countered. Tigret nodded but let out a disapproving growl, which made Yorin eye him. While he disliked his order being questioned Tigret was close to seven hundred years old, he had been in charge of one of the most violent sectors of the Dominion, and waded into battles where dissenters had torn Jem’Hadar limb from limb and through his sheer ferocity pacified a region of space where the founders had long contemplated sterilizing the entire sector. A formidable warrior with a great deal of experience, who did not want to be here but back in his home sector, Yorin could trust him for he had no ambition nor desire to undermine him. “I have a feeling that, they may have gained some allies we do not know about”

Yorin almost laughed instead he merely regarded him with his grim features “But that would equate to Hyperspace signals I mean the only way for them to have allies with slip tech is if” he paused and he felt something stick at the back of his throat, could the empire have possibly? “Come with me to the station then reinforce the main fortress with four hundred extra soldiers and send all possible troops to the shipyards!” Yorin ordered his signature dead pan voice rising only slightly. Tigret nodded silently and began issuing orders and then walked to his desk pulling out a large wooden box ornately carved. “It’s very beautiful “Yorin remarked he had no sense of aesthetics but he could tell when something was supposed to look pretty and that box definitely was. Tigret nodded ‘My grandson made this for me” he said opening it and slowly he pulled out a curved and slim (well when held in his massive paws any way) Scimitar like blade. He withdrew the blade from the sheath its bronze like appearance catching Yorin off guard “You are preparing for personal combat against some fabled monster?”

Tigret looked at him “While praying to the living gods today the founders blessed me with a vision, I saw a blade black as night wielded by a silver hand” he said “I saw that everywhere that silver hand moved his blade The Jem’Hadar died around it, I would face this black blade and it’s wielder”

Yorin frowned the fool was one of those, those who served the founders and worshipped them, the religion Vi’retess and the other ancient Vorta had created in the name of the founders. Still his vision stirred worry in him, for some reason he was recalling an intelligence briefing regarding some kind of solid fighting master with a metal hand. If only he could remember whom.

Minas Korva 2300’s

Jack crusher took a deep breath his features white with worry and panic as the shuttle they were in left the bay of the Stargazer at high warp and slowly began to trial behind. Slowly the massive form of the Ataturk rumbled passed them as the pilot brought the warp speed of the shuttles to a level where they would arrive a minute after the main attack fleet. Jack looked around at the security officers and soldiers and saw that they were all panting or pale and nervous, for many of them it was the first time they had been in battle. Jack looked over and felt reassurances though, their commander was standing firm his face painted in war paint, his deep brown orbs gazing intensely out at his men, he was calm and he was ready. Jack saw as many held that intense gaze and were relaxed they could feel courage coursing through their veins and the fear abating.

Aboard the stargazer Jean Luc sat calmly as the latest sensor sweeps were put on display, calm and regulated his emotions in check despite the raging concern and worry that lay beneath his calm exterior. They would be heading into a battle against one of the most dangerous Cardassian leaders in the war. They would be fighting desperate soldiers who were intoxicated with resentment and hatred, hatred for his men, hatred for his culture. Cardassian soldiers were known for committing occasional atrocities and Picard worried for the civilians under Cardassian occupation. He didn’t worry so much about his own men, he had trained them well and Rainbird was an able commander, he reminded him at times of the stories he read as a child about mythical heroes and how they could change the tide of a battle, how their wrath could part armies. Jean Luc had learned a valued lesson from that, it was important to have strong physical capabilities but an iron will and a powerful voice went a lot farther and when you had both in the same room it made for an impressively effective combination and he desired to always have strong warriors for his security officers, if he could be that lucky.

Still Jean Luc had come to realize, for all his strength and power Picard himself could end a battle with words and the lives saved without bloodshed counted for much more in his book.

“Sir we’re approaching the main planet” the voice came from his ensign a young boy close to twenty one or so. Jean Luc nodded and then sat back the screen lit up to reveal about ten Cardassian warships over orbit and some of the old Federation defenses which were as Sloan had predicted down due to sabotage. “The Babar is reporting another eight vessels about four hours out” Jean Luc nodded, these three starships could take down eight or so Cardassian warships but ten was too much without losses and Picard preferred to see if he could get the defense systems up and running to attack the Cardassian vessels.

“Take us out of warp and open fire on the nearest vessel target their warp core” Picard said darkly, maybe if he could remove one vessel from the equation.

The stargazer roared out of FTL her weapon systems lighting up like a Christmas tree as two Cardassian vessels charged towards it their weapons charged and hot lashing out against the shields of the vessel. The Stargazers energy shields glowed brightly then her phaser’s unleashed hell smashing the orange brown Cardassian warship, shields rippling as its partner moved to open fire striking the nacelle of the Stargazer. Photon torpedoes lit up as they exited the launching bay of the stargazer, orange spheres of death that smashed into the offending ship ripping down the shields and causing violent explosions which made it list dangerously close to its companion

The second vessel veered off joined by three companions who now began to unleash hell on the stargazer whose shields began to strain. She moved quickly as was typical of Picard, he had the ensign swerve and evade using the superior mobility and range of federation vessels over their enemy. One ship was able to follow and The Stargazer turned leading it away from the planet, the weapons fire increased in ferocity as they moved along the Cardassian gang bang continued for several seconds until Picard came to a full stop. Weapons fire shook the stargazer and then, too late as the Babar and Ataturk exited warp and dropped a stream of photon torpedoes and phaser fire into the advancing enemy. The lead ship had no chance, too late it realized it was a trap and was gutted weapons fire splitting it into four separate pieces, two other ships got hit by photon torpedoes and their shields suffered.

From his position in the shuttle Jack Crusher watched the Cardassian vessel explode and watched as the second slowly began to fall into a decaying orbit, the damage to the vessel had blown away most of the escape pods and vessel would burn up in atmosphere with her damage. All those within would burn.

Inside the Cardassian vessel lots were suggested to be drawn for the few who could enter the remaining escape pods. The crew was disproportionate with the vast majority being elders and only a forty or so youths, in a society that valued age it was a no brainer, the honored elders whoever among them would go forward. Only this time it was different the older soldiers put the younger in the vessels escape pods and watched them launch off. They bid that the youth of Cardassia live on and never forget this battle or this moment, they with grim faces told those with fire still in their blood to move forward and with the resolve of their comrade’s sacrifice carry Cardassia into a new era.

A young Dukat watched as the elderly leaders sang the Cardassian anthem, over the com system as his pod escapes mere seconds before the vessel began to erupt in fire

He would never forget, he vowed to make the Galaxy recognize Cardassian pride after today, his pride.

John Rainbird watched the grim sight and nodded saying a prayer to the spirits of the fallen before turning to and gazing down at the atmosphere. The shuttle shook from weapons fire and John realized Cardassian mechanized infantry were firing up at a shuttle, the desperation plain to him. “Fire on the tanks” he said squeezing the pilots shoulder. The shuttle unleashed a torrent of phaser fire which ripped into the enemy tanks and units vaporizing and butchering as it went. One of the shuttles behind him must have been damage by backwash from a photon torpedo because one of the Cardassian ground units was able to breach its shields and tear into a damaged part of the nacelle. The ship spun out of control and smashed into a lake at terminal velocity.

Rainbird again whispered another prayer and silently hoped their deaths were swift as drowning was simply no way to go. “We’re approaching the temple Commander” Rainbird nodded and “Take us low fly us over the Cardassian legions and then put us down directly behind the temple” he said

Jack grinned the old eagle was trying to enrage the Cardassian soldiers.

From his position on the ground Legate Parvek watched the shuttles streak by and then saw his men open fire in a rage. Parvek raised his hand stopping it and then turned “Men” he began “they are taunting us! Do you want the Federation to think Cardassia is not only weak but slow witted? That such base taunts will affect our moral to such an extent that you begin to fire drunkenly into the sky like a pack of degenerate bar flies?” he shook his head and then thrust his ornate spear to the heavens. “We are Cardassians! We are the Legions of the Cardassian people!” he began pacing now his eyes and soul filled with a fire that began to pull into his men “I would love to be able to give a speech about the glory of great Cardassia, that we are here to take our birthright and claim the stars but I will not lie to you in such a fashion” he explained “We are Cardassians and we are starving, we are Cardassians and we are surrounded by wealthy and powerful neighbors who rule the most fertile sections of space! Who could lose a dozen worlds such as this and not even suffer a bit! The Federation is a gigantic and powerful fat child who sits on a throne before a great feast! They control all the wealth and power in this galaxy! Do they share it? No they forced us to take it and now that we have they fight back! The child throws a temper tantrum but men you must be wary – this child is strong! We must fight as if our very culture! Our very soul is on the line! Cardassia needs this world it needs its food and it needs its resources! We are facing an army of bullies and thugs! Do not let them take it back!” he turned

“Over ten thousand of your Cardassian brothers died to take this world! Will you allow their sacrifice to go in vain?”
His men, his boys, his sons all of them responded not with words but with a renewed assault, they valiantly threw themselves at the besieged temple and in one determined inspired attack smote the walls open.

Parvek smiled good boys all of them, he was proud very proud. “For Cardassia!” he roared and began to move slowly picking up the pace until he was in full charge defying phaser fire and plasma as he dove through the opening and buried the tip of his spear into the chest of one of the defenders. His men washing over him and entering some falling and some dying some scoring kills but all fighting like true soldiers.

Thory- present day

Yorin was very glad he had heeded the advice of his Ursoid second, the moment the Rams fleet dropped out of hyperspace they went straight for the fleet and did nothing to engage the planet itself. It was obvious to Yorin now whoever their allies were they were going to make a run for the planet and the main station itself.

Weapons fire belched forward from the main defense sheering and tearing apart a small frigate and ripping the command tower off an old Venator, another Dominion vessel rammed the old ship and the vessel began to list colliding with two other bugs creating a funeral pyre for those inside. Yorin watched his grim features focused with intensity on the battle, on the massive leviathan that was the lead Imperial starship.

“The Ram is acting oddly cautious” Yorin said

Then all hell broke loose, subspace sensors detected a fleet exiting slip but saw nothing, until several green vessels appeared from nowhere one trailing a squadron of imperial fighters and breaking off following them. Yorin paled lightly Klingons, why did it have to be Klingons?

Tigret narrowed his eyes, the vessels created ablative armor (a weaker model than the federation shuttle they had held at Haserian but still) and shields that rippled giving it the impression of a gigantic bird made of jewels flying through space and delivering death. “They could not break our defenses had it not been for this” he said “bold and mad” he added and then turned and grabbed his sword “I will prepare for battle”

Yorin nodded and turned eying the lead vessel a large bird of prey that seemed to be bobbing and weaving between the automated defenses and the stations weapon fire. These vessels were advanced and powerful but alone they would do no more than cause a great deal of damage buy time and die in fire. They had to have known that and thus there had to be another aspect of this attack.

And then he saw it, gigantic so large it seemed to block the sun slightly green and armored the monstrous flagship of Im’pec the silver handed… Im’pec the

In that instant fear gripped him for he knew now why the vision Tigret had was so familiar to him and knew now what it meant.

The Tyrant Slayer, the murderer of one of his gods was here and coming for him.

Yorin felt himself go limp and crumble into a chair – a god slayer, here!

SekSill was the greatest fool whoever lived and that foolishness was going to doom them all!

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue May 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Impending doom is always a great way to go...

More please... :)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed May 16, 2012 1:07 am

Go Ram! Let them know the wraith of the Emperor! ;) Good update, feel really sorry for those Cardies through.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue May 22, 2012 8:06 am

alright then...new update in mostly action this time not so much a talkie. Dominion fanaticism is awoken in this installment and young Jack Crusher experiences the horrors of wars and comes face to face with his flaws. Picard kicks ass and Farm Girl trolls Dominion clones and makes Maniac feel inadequate

"There's something we're not fully understanding about these humans, they're too nice and gentle a people. Races like that don't survive, they don't make it past simple tool using before the brutality of nature replaces them. No they're different if they are this nice it is because they are either dumb and sheer luck as guided their evolution or when pushed they're capable of cruelty and brutality and desperation the likes of which no species in the quadrant has ever before encountered One way or the other Elim, we should be very weary" Enabran Tain on The Human race "Memories of my service" by Elim Garek

Battle of Thory Sector – 20 minutes in

Near The Shipyards
Farm Girl’s laughter broke the radio silence as a Jem’Hadar bug erupted in flames directly in front of her and several others were consumed in a fiery death all around the exterminators. “By the force Farm girl are you insane!!” roared Butcher over the com, flying in low to avoid a phased poloron beam from one of the larger capital ships which streaked passed his little TIE interceptor. Big Boy flanked him both couldn’t believe how crazy the little teenager was and how grandiose the results of her risks were, Farm girl had just enraged a group of bugs into making a risky turn to attack the exterminators only for Boerne and his bird of prey to send them to the realm beyond. The remaining bugs enraged tried to do a suicide run on Boern but the Klingon ordered his vessel to accelerate directly towards them at max velocity in a game of chicken stopping at the last second he caused the remaining bugs to crash into themselves. “You are all lunatics” Butcher said

“Oh come on now guys don’t complain” She said laughing “besides old Beorn did pretty well” she said with a wry smile “I agree” Maniac said as they zipped along towards the shipyards “What do you say Iceman wanna induct the first ever Klingon into an imperial fighter squadron?” he asked “shoot, is that even possible? I mean the guy aint exactly flying a fighter” came Iceman’s reply. Big boy thought about it and then interceded “it moves like a fighter so we may as well loophole in the rules and all”

“Sounds good to me” Iceman said in a cheerful tone before ripping the nacelle off a bug sending it careening into a Jem’Hadar cruiser that was slugging it out with a Klingon vessel in a spectacularly brutal brawl between the large vessels. Plasma tore through shields and smashed onto armor making sickening looking explosions, poloron weaponry smashed against shields which surprisingly resisted them until they altered the wavelength of the radiation allowing it to breach the shields and impact against the armor which had grown out around the main vessel. The armor glowed as it dissipated and fought off the effects of the weaponry long enough for the Klingon vessel to fire its heavy disruptors. Cushion flinched from where he was in the formation it looked as if the vessel was some animal that had just been disemboweled by a predatory bird, its contents spilling into space before it erupted its hull arching with an explosion that snapped the spine of the vessel and caused it to rip seemingly cleanly in half until the reactor was breached and an energy wave shattered the mighty hull. The Klingon bird of prey was joined by an ISD which turned and unleashed a full imperial board side against a second Dominion cruiser just as disruptor fire smashed into the shields. The result was a spectacular display of purple and orange and green and pink as the vessel exploded in fire.

Cushion let out a low gasp, they were actually doing it! They were fighting the Dominion! Taking the fight to them! Vessels burned all around them and for the first time in the war it was more Dominion purple than imperial gray! Beorn and his gruff voice interrupted his train of thought “Ah it is an honor to be inducted into such a unit as this!” came his reply over the com and Cushioned smiled “Well big guy you aren’t in just yet” “Oh yes?” he asked with an amused voice “and tell me little one what must I do to prove myself?”

“Why something epic and completely insane of course”

The other Klingons on the vessel shuddered at the look on Beorn’s face veering off the bird of Prey started heading towards the local star

“Hey Beorn you old dog where are you going the fights this way?” Farm Girl asked with a laugh as the Bird of Prey began heading towards the sun causing several dozen bugs and a few Dominion cruisers to follow him “I am aware of that young one! You wish for epics? When done am I the galaxy will sing songs of the exterminators until the end of time!”

Beorn rose from his seat gazing directly at the glowing orb “Men” he said “it is time to catch the sun”

In Orbit of Thory sector Capital

Hardcase stood with the jokers each one sliding their armor on. Several of the Klingons that had come with them from Kashyyyk now stood with them ready for battle suited up in the shining armor of their houses and the main leader house. Vax and Gistang slid their armor on and got their weapons ready the two gazed intently at each other the nervousness apparent. Ever since she fought the founder she had been somewhat shell shocked and edgy, and he wondered if she would be able to perform her duties to the fullest extent or if he would have to bench her until further notice. It wasn’t like blamed her though experiencing what she had experiences including the remains of a founder erupting from her chest and being saved only by the advanced medical technology of their new allies would demolish any bodies resolve and fray their nerves. Still he realized going into battle where she could possibly be facing her fears when he hadn’t the first clue how mentally stable she was, was risky. He gazed at her hard until she turned to leave heading for the female locker room (she must have forgotten a good luck charm or something)

Im’pec at this moment stepped in his massive frame obscuring the door way concealing the four young Klingon teenagers who seemed to serve as his squires, Im’pec nodded at all those around him and Hardcase noted that the Klingons dropped whatever they were doing and stood up immediately showing respect and making a guttural roaring sound before they began to chant something that sounded like “Hov’Ghor” (which he was told meant Star breaker) they began chanting this repeatedly with awe and respect and excitement and the chants grew and grew until soon he found his own men chanting as well.

Im’pec stood as his more formal leathers and fabrics were removed and they began preparing his armor, which was blood red the color of the house his served. The Breast plate alone was massive and Hardcase realized it could fit at least three of his people inside it. All this was slowly clanked on including a mask, this occurred as the chanting grew louder and louder until Im’pec cast forward his gloved hand pointing to the long and board looking sword in an incredibly ornate hilt that was held in a quasi-altar like spot on the wall, suspended by gravity. Two warriors stepped forward volunteering as the chanting continued to build growing with every second drowning out the shaking of the vessel as it traded weapons fire with orbital defenses.

“Hov’Ghor” the repetition continued, and he wondered if the weapon was some ceremonial blessing weapon because the alternative was unthinkable. Earlier several of the jokers had gone over there and tried to lift the blade four of them couldn’t and had to expand the gravity field just to set it back on the altar. The cheering continued as these two Klingon warriors now lifted the blade and moved it leaving the AG field they struggled under the weight of the man sized blade and their knees almost buckled until one of his Jokers moved to help them lifting the center of the blade up and resting it on his shoulders and turning white from the effort, the three strained mightily to carry the massive blade forward as all around continued to chant. This thing had to be ceremonial there was no way. Im’pec grabbed it with his silver hand by the scabbard lifting it up and holding it diagonally and Hardcase swallowed okay so maybe the robotic hand enhanced his grip strength? Maybe his entire arm was cybernetic? Then his flesh hand grabbed the handle and pulled the blade out one handed! He held the massive blade which now looked normal sized in the nine foot giants grip and held it up pointing at the heavens. The chanting erupted into cheers and roars and hollers.

Hardcase noticed the blade was pure black and so smooth and shiny it was beyond imagination. Fashioned from some unknown metal the blade sparkled almost in a macabre reflection in that deep onyx colored blade. Im’pec stared in silent reverence as one of the younger Klingon warriors volunteered to tell the tale of the coward Duras slayed Im’pecs beloved wife and plunged the empire into a great civil war and how Hov’Ghor shattered the blade of Kahless and slew the Tyrant and Usurper.

Gistang opened her locker room door and gazed at her clothes and personal affects, her mind oblivious to the chanting as her eyes focused solely on a holo image of a six year old girl and a tall slender blond woman who held her smiling. Jes Gistang suppressed a whimper of emotion and sighed, only to tense slightly as she felt the presence behind her turning sharply she saw the tall Klingon female from before, walking slowly into view her amber eyes gazed intently at the photo “your mate? And a child?” she asked folding her arms behind her back in a regal fashion. Gistang nodded “Yes, we adopted her she was orphaned during a rebel assault on an imperial base both her parents were technicians” she said. The female nodded and then reached out gripping Jes by the back of her neck with surprising strength, the human female tried to resist but the Klingon woman pulled her close “I am one of the twelve vipers of Im’pec “she explained justifying her phenomenal strength, Jes had heard of those twelve bastard daughters he had had who served him as a fanatical troop of elite warriors and assassins. They shared their father’s power it seemed albeit lessened a bit by the lack of comparable size “Do you think you will ever see them again if you fear the way you do” she whispered and leaned in her appearance and approach was enormously predatory, the sensual whisper reminded her of the way the founder spoke and it caused her pulse to race a frantic desire that was overwhelming her even when she realized the female was intentionally trying to cause this reaction. Her heart caught in her chest and then the female relaxed her tone becoming shockingly maternal “human” she began “there is no greater enemy than our own fear, when we realize we are not made of iron and steel but creatures of flesh and spirit” she explained “the vulnerability, and for a parent that is an almost unhinging fear” she said “and for a warrior who is both mother and soldier it feels shameful” Jes broke in her arms a few tears came down from her features and the Klingon female pulled out a picture it was of a young boy “my son” she said “A changeling did the same to me when I was a child during the Dominion war” she said “my father chased it across a planet for two weeks with no food or water and when he returned, wounded in ways I thought not even mighty Kahless could endure he brought back with him purple and gray ashes of the god he had slain for me” she said “we are same and we are different” she said “you killed the source of your fear, my father had to do it for me” she smiled and Jes noticed the look “you were a child” “shame and dishonor are grave but worse still when you alone bare them and none around you understand why” she said gently Jes smiled in this warriors own way she was comforting “you know what would make me feel better?” Jes asked The Klingon female shrugged “drink?” “no killing some Jem’Hadar with my big fething canon” she said

The female grinned and began laughing “then come! We have soulless clones to butcher!!”

Battle of Minas Korva – 2300’s

Jean Luc Picard did his best to keep from flying out of his seat again, as his vessel lurched and sparks erupted from consoles. Above him a rather large plastoid tube twisted and shook fraying its wiring support even more as the ship continued to take damage. The battle had gone on rather well, despite being an older vessel the new upgrades had allowed the Stargazer to put up a hell of a fight with her back up. Jean Luc wiped some blood from above his eyes and ordered the Ataturk to close in on one two of the advancing Cardassian ships, Picard frowned it was a race against time when he realized that the Cardassian reinforcements were a bit closer than he had initially realized and that they still hadn’t been able to activate the defense platforms. The Ataturk moved in the old Reliant style Miranda refit began belching out pulse like phaser fire from the spoiler on her rear, as more modern phasers ripped into one of the damaged Cardassian ships and scoring critical hits on another causing shields to ripple and convulse. Picard ordered his weapons officer to add the Stargazers fire power to the Ataturk’s attack and soon they were down completely and a nasty fifty meter hole was torn into the side of the Cardassian ship which began to break off. “Get me engineering!” he roared “Captain we’re not receiving uplink from Rainbird they haven’t secured the defenses on the ground, I am going to have to hack the system soon if they can’t get it up” “How long will that take?” Jean Luc asked “two hours!” “you have forty minutes” he ordered and then cut the communication off and looked at the battle, the Ataturk was suffering from a loss of over sixty percent of its shields, and had hull damage at various points. The Babar was faring no better with seventy percent of its shields down and a red angry wound glowing near its port nacelle. Picard frowned as the Babar bobbed between weapons fire unleashing a photonic fire storm on two attacking warships while another ripped the side of her nacelle off and send the ship adrift

Ten was too much, eighteen would be suicide “send a call for reinforcements” Picard breathed

…..

Battle of The Thory Sector – present day

Farm Girl was absolutely giddy humming a little nursery rhyme about the Hutt who ate too much and moved too little as she dodged between the skeletal like frame of the Dominion shipyard gleefully unloading her missiles smashing into unfinished vessels which exploded spewing metal at obscene speeds into the superstructure of the shipyard. Furious Jem’Hadar fighters zipped along after her firing their weapons at her scoring hits on their own shipyard or comrade vessels in the fury to attack and kill the tiny warrior. “Hey Farm Girl coming your way!!” Big Boys voice came over the comm as he brought his heavy bomber around a turning bend of one of the yards main support spires and with him he brought several enraged bugs. Farm Girl cackled almost and accelerated at maximum towards her older comrade, who began to pant “umm Farm you realize that, my bomber is slower than your?” “Yeah, yeah stow it I got this” she said giggling then swerved at the last minute and brought the bugs bearing down on their companions and when the group tried swerving at the last minute they smashed into the various beams and support structures causing a cacophony of violent explosion that bisected the station and caused it to begin to free float in two massive portions each one slamming into the nearby stations causing explosions and damage, the various fighter and gunboats around them responded in a manner akin to predatory fish, they sensed blood in the water and immediately went for it, belching out proton missiles and raining down turbo lasers on the damage stations ripping them into a hundred separate pieces.

Maniac glared as he saw it “Oh are you serious? That little girl one upping my kill counts? I don’t think so” he roared with a laugh and a demented grin as he moved in accelerating his fighter to a level where even the gravity plating was straining to keep the vessel from shaking. He dove inward towards a group of battleships that were engaging a pair of ISD’s backed up by dreadnaughts. Weaving through weapons fire and exchanging missiles and torpedoes Maniac dodged between the lead Dominion cruiser and grinned as he waited for it, he had begun to notice that Dominion torpedo launchers glowed faintly before the discharge of their weapon, and that there was a slight fraction of a second delay between the time the glowing started and the actual torpedo left the firing chamber, he also noticed that the missile tubes on this vessels seemed to be internal in an actual compartment in the vessel that was worked by some type of machine or servant race, that unlike the Imperial missile tubes that traveled a safe way from the critical areas of the vessel (should the missiles ever fail) these arrogant founders saw nothing wrong with having their poloron death machines flying through an incredibly small tube right inside the ship near critical areas. Maniac kept focus and allowed the hunches that always were with him (if he had been a force sensitive he had been missed by the empire) and let those same hunches guide him, opening fire he strafed an incredibly small area and waited with baited breath.

Then the vessel hiccupped arching and then exploding in a violent display that nearly killed Maniac himself who was able to avoid being vaporized by gunning it and riding the wake of the explosion, the energy waves from the singularity splashed the other vessels which shook violently and gave Maniac the opportunity to repeat it each time surfing a wave of death to escape certain doom.

Farm Girl pouted “what a crazy bastard! Keeping up with him is going to be hard” she said and then gunning it heading off towards one of the larger cap ships present “Farm Girl! What in the name of the Emperor are you doing?’ yelled Cushion “going to see if I can do that torpedo trick of course” she said grinning. Iceman shook his head “Butcher take cushion and follow her”

“What!?” both men replied “you heard me” ordered Iceman and then turned his attention back to the battle scoring a kill shot on a bug before moving towards one of the shipyards, refusing to allow his subordinates to outdo him.

“Hey Big Boy” Iceman called over the comm “have you seen or heard from Beorn?” “not since he said he was going to go get some sun”

“What’d he mean by that?”

“I don’t know sir, but he had that crazy tone to his voice Farm Girl gets sometime”
“Oh this is gonna be fun” he replied sarcastically

Minas Korva- 2300’s

“keep fighting” the words just repeated in Jack Crushers head as he opened fire on a Cardassian splitting his chest open and ducking from weapons fire that created a burning hole in the chest of one of the civilians he was supposed to be protecting. This made him boil; Crusher was terrified, he missed his wife and feared to lose her but that fear evaporated, replaced by rage at the Cardassians and hatred at himself for being so hesitant. Jack let out a loud cry of rage and stood up burying he rifle butt of his phase rifle into the forehead of a Cardassian soldier that made his way forward towards him. It made a sickening crunching sound as he crushed the soldier’s skull, looking down he saw brain matter and thick blood and fluid on the butt of the rifle and gazing down even farther he saw what was left of the soldiers face. It was a boy no older than nineteen. Jack swallowed and turned back in time to kill a Cardassian that was about to stab one of the older men who was scurrying out of the way of the fire fight with a screaming child.

Jack turned and watched one of his shipmates a large dark skinned Vulcan as half of his skull vaporized due to phaser fire. Jack bit his lower lip Murak had just found out his wife was going to give birth to his third son today and now, he would never see that child grow to become a man. Jack thought about Beverly and rage filled him what if it had been his wife? His son? The thought of Picard giving the bad news, the thought of Rainbird staring disappointed at a headstone, sent Jack into a blind rage and he began unloading on the on rushing Cardassians running into a group of them knocking them down, he fired wildly and savagely viciously giving into the fury of war, when his rifle ran out of energy Jack didn’t reload the power cap he simply swung his weapon burying it into the ribs of a Cardassian knocking him down as they both fell into a pool of filthy septic rancid water. Jack stood up and eyed the inhuman monster who pulled a knife on him. Jack laughed a savage violent laugh and lunged at him, feeling a sting as the blade lacerated his side and then again flinched as the blade scored a hit across his leg, Jack had enough and slammed his fist into the Cardassians throat launching him down into the water the force knocking the wind out of the Cardassian and knocking his blade away. Jack screamed in a rage and began pounding his drowning enemy with his fist until their blood mixed with the waste and filth in the water and Jack relented only when he realized he had long ago caved in the soldier’s skull and then there was an odd giggling noise. Jack pulled the demon up and then all color faded from his features, the Cardassian in his hands was about his age, his face was contorted with fear and anger but the youth that burned there was unmistakable the giggles came from a necklace that came loose from his armor, it was a pendant with a hologram which showed a young Cardassian woman with a warm loving smile and a little girl clutching her leg begging her daddy to come home soon. Jack couldn’t move the veil had been lifted, he wasn’t fighting monsters he was fighting men, he felt numb he just sat down on the edge of the pool and gazed with blank eyes out at the ruined carcass of a husband and father, a man who unlike Jack had juggled his fears and channeled that to become a responsible officer and soldier. Jack was nothing, and he sat there like nothing.

Thory – present day

Yorin began pacing as he watched the events of the battle unfold before his eyes; things were degenerating rapidly. The forces ignored the planet entirely focusing on the defenses of the station or the weapons platforms; if they weren’t focusing on that they were hitting the shipyards and the fleet. Yorin had realized their goal was denial that they were going to smash their way through this system and that terrified him. So far the Empire had fought a war of defense and then a desperate denial operation designed to prey on the losses they sustained at the conclusion of the mid rim war. Deny the Dominion land or force them to extend their lines chasing the Ram and buy the main fleet time to regroup and grow strong enough to launch a definitive attack. This was different; the Klingons represented a power neither side of the conflict could control with their own agenda and they were assisting the Empire for whatever reason and doing so with enough fire power in one ship to crack Thory wide open and leave this place a cosmic graveyard. Yorin realized they were doomed from the moment he saw the green giant enter the system, the only thing left for him to do is hope he could hold the line long enough to bring relevant information back.

Tigret who stood behind him a grim and resolute statue that refused to budge even in the face of the slaughter playing out over the holo screens, gazed intently at the Vorta and saw his fear and apprehension. The Ursoid gazed calmly at the main force “This one is a great warrior?” he asked him. “During the Dominion war the two most feared combatants when it came to physical combat were John Rainbird of the Federation and Im’pec the silver handed of The Klingon Empire”. Tigret and several of the Jem’Hadar all gazed up at the Vorta, oh they had heard of Rainbird everyone involved in the Dominion in a military capacity received intelligence on the feared Apache warrior sage the man who was said to be possibly the greatest warrior in their entire galaxy. Im’pec was being held in the same tier it lit a fire under every one present carrying a weapon. “You did not read the brief on the Klingon?” Yorin asked surprised “Miraz obsesses over him” “we are not all as glory seeking as Miraz” Tigret stated flatly “simply put” Yorin answered with a smile at the Ursoids dig at high general Miraz “Im’pec killed a founder alone with no backup” he explained which caused a hushed and tense silence to fall over the room “and he shattered the sword of Kahless in direct combat, he destroyed the weapon used to slay the gods of his people and killed one of our gods” he said seeing the rage burning in Tigret who stepped forward his massive old frame looming before Yorin

“Then go from here and leave the fall of Thory to me” he said his voice in a low roar “Thanagar the Ram! Blasphemer and defiler of holy territory consecrated by the living gods! Im’pec The Silver handed! Foul apostate and murderer of the living gods” he roared now “let them come to me, let them bring death and destruction! I Tigret swear to you that I will bring divine judgment on them and present their hearts to the Ancient one myself! “

It was odd, the fire that roused in the heart of that ancient Ursoid could provoke such emotions in a Vorta but Yorin felt inspired and could not help but be moved by this display. He nodded “very well then I will make sure your story is told among the Dominion and the faithful”

“The war of the Heretics will stop here” Tigret roared pulling a knife out and slashing his left palm “This I swear to the living gods, they will pay! “

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue May 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Aaaaawww, and I was just starting to like Tigret...
Well, at least I hope his fight against Im'Pec will be glorious... As will his death... :)

Very hectic and nice, as usual...

Keep it up...

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Tue May 22, 2012 3:09 pm

Ah sweet, sweet hectic violence. Thory is going to burn...a great celestial funeral pyre for the bloated Dominon.

A bit sad about Jack through if he hadn't killed that Cardassion he'd have killed him and I very much doubt he'd have felt much grief over Jack's demise picture or no picture of a family.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue May 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Aaaaawww, and I was just starting to like Tigret...
Well, at least I hope his fight against Im'Pec will be glorious... As will his death... :)

Very hectic and nice, as usual...

Keep it up...
had not Alexander hatched his plan Tigret was fated to battle Lord Vader this will be a battle that is sung about in both galaxies for centuries

sonofccn wrote:Ah sweet, sweet hectic violence. Thory is going to burn...a great celestial funeral pyre for the bloated Dominon.
how much you wanna bet the Exterminators are going to be doing something crazy as Thory explodes?

sonofccn wrote: A bit sad about Jack through if he hadn't killed that Cardassion he'd have killed him and I very much doubt he'd have felt much grief over Jack's demise picture or no picture of a family.
the Wars have been depicted as moral shattering for the Federation frontier forces, that the Cardassians really pushed the envelope and forced mankind to remember certain emotions and truamas long thought "evolved" beyond, everyone who fought the Cardies came back emotionally scarred - for me the attitude of the average Feddie soldier during the Dominion war and Gareks "there are some people who think we deserve what happened here" line.. has made me think there's some kind of collective PTSD

one question..I was thinking of having Ben Maxwell and Edward Jelicho save the day - earn the man his first citation of valor and shed light on why Jean Luc seemed to have such reverence for the man

would you guys be averse to that? or too many Cameos? maybe have an Admiral Janeway and Captain Paris pop up as well?

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Admiral Breetia wrote:how much you wanna bet the Exterminators are going to be doing something crazy as Thory explodes?
Crazy? We're fighting in tinfoil ball shaped coffins against an extragalactic race(s) of religious zealots hell bent on imposing their rigid idea of order onto the galaxy. We all are a little crazy ;)

But yeah I bet they will do something crazy, if nothing else Farmgirl and Maniac have to prove who is the ultimate crazy psycho.
Admiral Breetia wrote:one question..I was thinking of having Ben Maxwell and Edward Jelicho save the day - earn the man his first citation of valor and shed light on why Jean Luc seemed to have such reverence for the man
Nah I wouldn't mind Ben making an appearence. Knock yourself out.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue May 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Never enough cameos, IMO...
Cameo away! :)

But, please, for our sake, KILL JANEWAY in a horrific manner beffitting her idiocy... :)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Tue May 22, 2012 5:06 pm

But, please, for our sake, KILL JANEWAY in a horrific manner beffitting her idiocy... :)
Well he might have meant this Janeway instead of that other Janeway. ;)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:46 pm

well, damn it's been forever and a day hasn't it? many months of no updating and I have no clue if any my readers are still around or remain interested. I lurked and read when I could all of you have done fantastic work and as a result..I hope I truly hope this is enough to at least begin to pay the debt owed to you all

"I think what made it so hard to really comprehend him was how incomprehensible he really was, how can a being have such warmth and kindness and genuinely feel it yet do the horrific things he did? For that matter what type of mind outwits a sith lord when he himself is not a force user? Did the founders themselves truly understand that one?" Senator Garros "Faces of the great war" published 2456

Aboard the Divine wind

Grand Admiral Thanagar was laughing loudly and uproariously as he accelerated his SSD, the bow of the massive vessel, smashing into several bugs and a small cruiser vaporizing them as he turned his heavy guns on a dozen oncoming Jem’Hadar vessels which began swarming him and opening fire.

Sparks and flames erupted around the large vessel as guns were melted off and armor torn in. Jem’Hadar vessels broke apart under the heavy fire others in a futile and desperate effort attempted to ram the vessel only to do little more than cause ripples along its massive shields or rip armor plating off exposed sections, but the sheer size and density of the vessel was making it nightmarish. Worse still a few Klingon shuttles and vessels were covering the massive beast providing cover for it and in doing so freeing up the fighters that would normally be protecting the capital ship to attack the stations and enemy ships. It was annoying, it was something the Dominion wasn’t prepared for and the Dominion was taking its sweet time to adapt to the new battle conditions, a green pulsating plasma torpedo slammed into a battle cruiser rupturing shields and tearing through the hull before ripping out the other side and smashing violently into an approaching Jem’Hadar bug vaporizing the purple vessel.

Captain Toq took his gigantic vessel in laying siege to the planetary defenses now, in a stunning display of power Thanagar recognized as a message to his people the huge cruiser tore apart several weapons platforms and splitting one of the main command stations clean in half before having to veer off from sustained weapons fire (which was just now beginning to damage the giant.) Thanagar watched the scene and nodded; the vessel could withstand sustained fire for a certain period of time but seemed to need to veer off to let its shields recharge and armor regenerate. He wondered why they didn’t yet go for the kill; did this auto repair technology have some sort of limit? Or was Toq just being coy and playing the part? His vessel shook under the fire of the Jem’Hadar a weapons tower near the command bridge exploding. “Alright begin moving everyone to the secondary command center” he said “I aint ‘bout to become a juicy target when these bastards get desperate” he said

Inside the command station

Poloron weaponry smashed into the walls as Hardcase ducked around Jes and one of his other soldiers, leading a group of one hundred Storm Troopers into the main corridor leading to command, the fighting had been brutal as soon as the vessel had used its teleportation technology to send them here. One of the storm troopers had been vaporized by enemy fire as soon as he rematerialized and then the Jem’Hadar charged his people, heedless of their own lives they hurled themselves into the maw of imperial weaponry, he had bright white armor that was freshly policed hours ago, it was now crimson color as blood washed over the shining polish. His boots squeaked and made suction like noise and he uttered a curse under his breath when he heard more of it from his men. Turning he glared through the helmet “by the force you sorry little rookies, why are you slopping around like a Bantha in his own shit?” one of his men frowned “uhh sir, we can’t help it look” gazing down Hardcase saw what his mind had refused to let him see and had to suppress a shudder. They were walking in a bog, a bog given form in a space station made up for the flesh and fluids of the scores of the fallen, White mixed with the blood and entrails of his fallen soldiers which mixed with the blood and thick paste of some of the clones and servant races of the Dominion, creating across the corridor an acrid filthy muck that permeated the station and was almost ankle deep now as the battling continued.

“We need to do something soon” Hardcase yelled this stalemate was helping neither side, as of now they were pinned in the middle of the corridor and neither side was progressing they were just dying, dying and slaughtering each other gaining no ground one way or the other. It was disturbing to him as though the Jem’Hadar were perfectly okay with gaining no such ground only holding the line, dying to simply outlast them. It was as if at the end of the war if both sides died to the last, their demented gods would be totally okay with that outcome and gleefully their servants carried that order out. His heart began to pound until the battle field began to slowly silence itself.

Weapons fire wore down and slowly an eerie quiet took over the corridor the silence gave way to a feeling of ominous fear and tension. Even the soulless Jem’Hadar could recognize and feel it, the deep rumbling noise as the only thing that broke that silence. Slow loud and deep thumping rhythmic pounding as though a great drum was, being pounded and Hardcase found himself turning to gaze at what he had witnessed.

It walked forward, its armor made of a metal he had never seen before, the massive breast plate shone like a miniature sun as it stepped forward a long cape flowing with furs of various dangerous and exotic predators, its gigantic frame towering over the largest trooper and Jem’Hadar the beings gigantic size and opposing helmet gave it more the visage of some ancient alchemy spawned monster a living suit of armor brought forward by a dark and ancient force user. Flanking it were six Klingon warriors in their shining armor each one banging on their chest plates making an eerie and frightful chanting noise as they did so. And he realized what they were saying over and over translated to “silver hand, silver hand! Silver hand!”

The massive giant reached down and unsheathed his deep black sword and then the chanting stopped, Jem’Hadar stood unsure of how to react, gazing at this figure this absurd creature that walked out of the myths of the galaxy they were trying to conquer to attack them and they gazed at it in a very oddly (for them anyway) puzzled manner, then the large blade came down and hewed two of the clone warriors clean in half as a silver hand reached out to grab a second using its body as a meat shield for weapon fire.

The Klingons exploded from behind the giant General Vindiz the mad imperial commander hurled himself from behind Im’pec with his knives drawn and the two great warriors with their backs pressed together began hewing and slaughtering their way through the Dominion lines. What that massive sword did not rip into pieces the Mandalorian general gutted with his lightening like blades.

Hardcase took a breath and nodded, the era of the common soldier a nameless icon was over. With the Jedi gone it was up to great men and women and their muscles and their steel. It was a time of legends whose names would be burned into the history books as they blazed across the galaxies fighting in and against the great crusade of the living gods.

It was the time of Vindiz the Mad Mando, Vi’retess the great preacher, of Guylos the resolute and Seras the cunning, of the Silver hand of the Klingon Empire and of Hardcase the grim and his beloved Jokers...

It was their time, and he would make sure history never forgot that the Jokers stood here now.

Settlik III- present day

Captain O’Brian wasn’t sure why the ol’man chose to live here. In all the years she had known the once legendary Captain she never was never sure why he chose to revisit the site of his pain. To live out his life in the memory of the incident that had driven him to go rogue. Molly had decided to follow in her father’s footsteps (which distressed her mother) and took up star fleet, then she discovered much to her dismay that her brother inherited their fathers mechanical prowess while she seemed to be reckless and stubborn and the anti-Christ for machines (having on at least two occasions nearly caused warp core breaches just by being near the reactors). She had learned she had a knack for command though, that her brash and willful demeanor made her a capable fighter and a quick thinker. The verbal skills she learned from her time with uncles “Nog” and “Picard” (though he seemed more like a really grumpy grandfather) had allowed her to excel on a few diplomatic missions outside of the academy early in her career. Now she stood as one of the youngest Captains in Starfleet (and one of the youngest in history) commanding the Sovereign class USS Archer she had been brought in on one of the conspiracies going around SF HQ. Molly hated conspiracies and back alley politicking but when she realized what was happening she herself could only think of one name to name to lead this second advance party. What she found interesting was that while heads turned there was no hard discussion against it. They had finally relented it seemed and history had finally vindicated the man even though he was still seen as a source of controversy for his actions. She herself understood why he did it and why it was wrong despite being right. It was a Captains duty to endure the pain of loss and suffer the blow and stay the course, her dear old friend had failed to do that and while he was right it could have started a war with a rather vindictive enemy when the bulk of their fleet was being refit and prepared for a war with a much more serious enemy. This action had stained his career and marked the man, a father avenging his daughter and wife, Molly thought about that for a second and sighed, her children a pair of twins who would be nine years old this year if she had lost them to the Gorn or Klingon she wasn’t sure if she could stay the course and realized she had been perhaps too hard on the man. She walked towards his little house now and smiled, the old man had been a mentor to her, he had started as a pen pal she had chatted with on a command staff forum before eventually became a friendship and he had mentored her on her first ten years of command. She had learned much from him but there was always one thing he never talked about. Why, why here, why live in exile, why did he do what he did so long ago.

She watched him now sitting on the porch enjoying tea, his thick gray, white hair combed as it always was. His eyes burning with so much emotion, a life time of laughter and daring, a life time of pain and regret, a life time of command. She smiled warmly as he got up and let loose one of his famous laughs before embracing her. “Hey Molly! Long time no see” she smiled at him “skidded the edge of the galaxy making friendly with what few civilizations remained on the farthest frontier of the old Borg space” she said Ben nodded, the region had become a no man’s land a wasteland of dead worlds with technology many deemed far too dangerous to touch much of it was quarantined and enforced by the three great powers of their galaxy (The Dominion, the Klingons and the Federation) and all their vassals. The older man nodded realizing it meant she likely did both battle and diplomacy and sadly very little exploration, he smiled “how are the kids?” he asked and she smiled nodded “good they missed you at the Christmas party though” the man smiled sadly “Jean Luc was there” he said “We parted on not the best of terms the last time we saw each other.” She smiled and nodded “I know but he asks about you, maybe you two should meet again?” he asked

The man laughed “I said he smelled musty” he said she giggled “he does” she said and then released the embrace sitting with him in a chair opposite him. “I’m actually here in business” she said “you heard about the phoenix?’ she asked. He nodded “Damn shame” he said “but she was an old bird and she fought for her men until the end I know” he said and she smiled “my husband was born in her med bay you know” she said smiling “we got married there”. The older man nodded “I know, a part of me still wishes I was sitting in her chair”

She thought about it and then smiled “have you heard about the independence?” The older Captain nodded “A Sovie right?” she nodded “she was almost completely destroyed her crew virtually slaughtered because of her Captain did something supposedly bad?” “She abandoned a colony to the Klingons, they slaughtered her command staff which was abandoned her Captain committed suicide rather than face dereliction charges” she said and then thought about it “Why are you here Molly?” came the reply his right eyebrow raised curiously. She smiled “Uncle Ben how would you like to command the phoenix reborn?” she asked

Federation territory 2300’s

Captain Benjamin Maxwell made his way down the corridor of the USS Rutledge; he nodded at some of his men the new comers and the old whom he had served with for years. Ben Maxwell was well known in the fleet for his bravery but also for the loyalty he engendered in his men, the crews who served with him all walked off his vessels praising him as one of the greatest officers to ever take a seat in the “big chair” in his early forties Maxwell had been married for twenty years and was the father of two fourteen year old daughters (twins) and a five year old son, wrinkles traced along the sides of his mouths from years of smiling and laughing and smiling, painting the picture of a man possessed of deep joviality. A man whose eyes burned deep with emotions and intensity, though the horrors of war had scarred his gaze the brutality of it all could not steal away his mirth, history would in later years paint this man as a tragic figure who was both wrong and right in actions, but for now he was known simply as a war hero and the man who came very close to beating Captain Garret out to commanding the Enterprise C. Maxwell broadly walked along exiting the turbo lift before entering the bridge. His men looked up from their positions hard at work and smiled at him. Good men all of them and hardworking, his tactical officer Miles O’Brian made his way towards him “Sir there is a call from Captain Jellico “he began, Ben smiled at him and nodded “Ah, Eddie? How’s he doing?’ he asked Miles who shrugged “he seems fine sir” Maxwell smiled Edward Jellico had a reputation within the fleet for being a tightly coiled hard ass yet somehow he and Captain Maxwell (a man who was his polar opposite) had struck up a very odd and unlikely friendship. Years later Captain Jellico would be the man to defend him in his court martial hearing and during the Dominion war it would be Admiral Jellico who granted the man his pardon. Ben for his part saw below the obsessively insecure exterior to a very dedicated if a bit too controlling Starfleet officer and he respect Edward even if he did at times greatly enjoy tormenting him. Entering his ready room Captain Maxwell sat down with a cup of coffee and smiled as Jellico’s face appeared on the screen. “Captain Maxwell, I trust I wasn’t disturbing you” he said in his usual curt manner that suggested he was somewhat annoyed at having to wait. “Oh not at all I was just in the middle of getting drunk with all my noncoms” Ben said with a broad smile, Jellico for his part simply gave him a dead pan look and smirked “Yes, well as entertaining as that is I thought you’d like an update on the Stargazer situation” at that Maxwell leaned forward “Picard breached the defenses at Minas Korva, but he’s experiencing heavy fighting both on the ground and in space” he added. Maxwell frowned, he could hear the tone in his friends voice but he also knew the official federation councils words on the matter “stay out of it, this is an “unofficial “ mission” Jellico was a stickler for the rules there was no way he was going to suggest this unless? “Eddie what’s going on?’ he asked “Owen is at Janeway’s throat again, he essentially told the Admiral to sick it and is dispatching a task force to assist them” Ben frowned, while he wasn’t Admiral Janeway’s biggest fan he was shocked to hear that Paris would go against him like that. Two core-world born Admirals getting into a pissing contest along the frontier and her wars could complicate things in a crippling fashion or it could save them all, it honestly depended on how this went back on earth. One thing he did know though is the reports suggested Cardassian reinforcements were far too close for Admiral Paris to get there in time. “Admiral Shanti and Admiral Sulu have backed Paris in this, but they are too far out”

Ben leaned back “The Rutledge and the Cairo could make it in time” “You sure Ben? We’ll be arriving late to the party by a good few minutes” “I know Eddie, but I’ve heard of Jean Luc he’s a talker but he can fight hard in a pinch” Maxwell said, Captain Jellico nodded he had heard the story of how Picard got his artificial heart and had heard stories of his exploits, it was hard to doubt a man who would one day more than likely end up commanding the newest incarnation of the big E (unless Ben beat him to it) “Who’s leading the ground assault?’ Ben asked. Edward looked up at him “commander Rainbird” the two captains exchanged looks before nodded “alright then we’ll head towards Korva maximum warp, meet me along the way-Jellico out”

Captain Maxwell got up and sighed, his features were calm but deep inside his blood boiled, after watching tens of thousands of federation lives lost fighting a war against a desperate vicious enemy, Maxwell had become jaded he had seen the council talk and talk while these backwards thugs seized worlds and openly mocked the federation making them look weak. This weakness had emboldened enemies and caused friends to look upon them with scorn, The Klingon Empire who had long been honored by the sacrifice of Captain Garret had been shocked and dismayed to see the Federation making concessions to such a weak enemy as opposed to crushing them outright or at the very least humbling them. Maxwell himself didn’t like the idea of crushing Cardassia, The Cardassians themselves were not bad people as a general rule but they were definitely a very resentful very ambitious people lead by an incredibly corrupt and ruthless government. He believed crushing the union and restoring democracy would likely be the best option and they certainly had the means to do it, but they lacked the will. Maxwell however realized with more and more raids and bloody occupations it was very likely possible that a single instance could be the push the council needed to actually knock these egotistical thugs into their proper place. Ben shook the thought and the temptation from his mind and walked out into his bridge, the men smiled and Ben nodded his features warm as always but tensing now “Alright boys and girls I’ve got some news” he said looking at them all “get me ship wide”

Captain Benjamin Maxwell sighed and stood on the bridge “This is your captain speaking” he began “I’m sure most of you have been watching the news lately and have heard or read about the occupation of Minas Korva? I know that some of you have family planet side, that all of you have been itching to see this crisis resolved. Well a little while ago a group of Starfleet ships lead by Captain Picard hit Minas Korva like a tidal wave” cheers rang through the hull of the vessel and the bridge Maxwell smiled “they landed boots on the ground, however they have met incredibly fierce resistance in the form of Legate Parvek perhaps one of the greatest commanders in the Cardassian military, his forces both in space and on the ground have been fighting like hell to hold their ground and they have been stalling, buying time for reinforcements to show up. I won’t lie to you, reinforcements that do shows up wills be reinforcements that will outnumber us and they’ll get there before we do.’ He paused “but they won’t out gun us and I’ll tell you something else, they certainly don’t have the heart of lions! They don’t have the soul of the Rutledge or its dynamic crew! We’re going to hit those spoon heads with the force of a tsunami! We’re going to batter down their shields and send their smoking ruins back over the border! We’re gonna do it for our families! For our women and for our children! We’re gonna do it for Picard!! And Rutledge we’re going to look mighty fine doing it” he said “so man the battle stations, get your weapons and prepare for battle” he said “and remember, you’re my boys and girls and because of that you’re all invincible!”

Thory sector present day

Toq gazed at the screen impressed by the sight he witnessed, a massive solar flare emerging from hyperspace behind what looked like Farmgirl, plasma and heat barreled down at the un coming Dominion bugs and cruisers which were vaporized by the heat while the others farther off began to convulse as fire and explosions erupted around them. To his left the divine hand of Thanagar rammed itself into a Dominion cruiser using the dying ships carcass as a mighty shield to endure the vicious onslaught of orbital stations until it was close enough at which point weapons fire tore the vessel to pieces launching debris all over the platforms letting their shields buckle before the imperial giant unloaded hell into the devices. Toq smiled Thanagar was an absolute lunatic, he did not detect tactical brilliance but he did detect sheer courage and lunacy which got the man far, or was a form of strategic brilliance in its own right. The leviathan veered off before weapons fire from the angry Dominion fleet and the stations blew it to pieces but not before providing enough cover for that maniac little girl to unleash hell.

The child was very much insane, she had read about a tactic used by the legendary Koloth in battle where he created a breach that allowed his vessel to slip into subspace while towing a small fragment of the surface of a star with him. She must have used the experimental hyperdrives mounted on their new fighters to do the same, the crazy child could have killed herself and destabilized hyperspace for dozens of light-years and yet she did it anyway, if these people ever became their enemies it would be a magnificent day indeed Toq thought to himself. These exterminators flew around the gigantic vessels dancing their dance of death all along the system, and it made one chuckle impressed at the audacity of those who would fly back water assault craft at in space combat any more. “Battle status!” “We’re holding ground but the imperials will soon begin to take losses, we must neutralize the planet soon or this will be a waste of time” his weapons officer growled out. Toq nodded “soon” he said “begin moving towards the planet”

Dominion station

A Jem’Hadar’s head suddenly split wide open as Hardcase slammed the butt of his rifle into the onrushing clone, he turned quickly grabbing a younger trooper and tossing him towards a safe corner as the boy howled in pain from a side injury, Hardcase turned aiming his rifle blasting a hole wide open on the chest of another of the mass produced soldiers who sauntered back torn to pieces by the weapons fire of his own kind as they rushed streaming into the battle like so many ants. Among the jokers all of his men had survived, they were fighting like hell determined not to fall to these monsters. Behind him hacking and slashing stood colonel Vindiz his body covered in white and other fluids, a pile of Jem’Hadar dead lay at his feet and blood stained his knuckles and cheeks. Thick ichor oozed out of a dead Ursoid who lay at the feet of a Klingon female who was nursing a very bad wound to her chest. Beside her fought another Klingon flanked by two imperial storm troopers, clones who were fighting valiantly against the Jem’Hadar so much so the Klingon beside them was roaring in laughter and telling jokes to which the grim clones replied with their own macabre and twisted humor. The stalemate ate this point had been utterly shattered the gigantic Klingon war master was reaping his way through the Jem’Hadar lines like some legendary figure of an ancient epic, hewn pieces flew everywhere as the gigantic brute seemed to simply walk through the lines.

To Hardcase he did not seem very skilled, he could not understand why a “Dahar Master” title would be bestowed upon someone who simply used his freakish size (among a species of giants no less) to bully the battlefield itself into submission. Sure his strength was impressive and the speed at which he could wield that massive sword was also something incredible but he had yet to witness that legendary skill. Following the giant several of the jokers laid down cover fire for the war lord as he cleaved closer and closer to the command center.

That was when everyone stopped a deafening roar shattered the chaos of battle and halted it, in its entirety. From within the dominion ranks exited a giant of stature nearly larger than Im’pec himself, Tigret was one of the mightiest Ursoids Hardcase had ever seen in the Dominion lines, his weary age worn features were incredibly keen and refined and his eyes burned with a majestic killers instinct that impressed him even though it was coming from an enemy. Centuries of experience lay behind those eyes and there was still tremendous power in his mighty limbs. The creature began to slowly stalk forward “Im’pec the silver handed, they say you are the tyrant slayer” he said. Im’pec grinned “Ah hah! But among your people I am known by a different name am I not?” he asked the contrast between the two was apparent to Hardcase, Im’pec was a brawler unrefined and filthy his enemy came from a strong tradition. This was seemingly a classic matchup; the erudite warrior verses the barbarian. Tigret seemed to show the faintest hints of rage on his features before he reached down and gripped his sword as it exited the sheath something caught his eye. The blade was heavily stained and seemed saturated with blood and sentient fat and grease to the point that it was almost bronze in color and he noticed it smelled very much like a butcher’s meat cleaver. Im’pec smirked “Ah, I heard legends of you during the war, you are the one they call the Sword of the founders? Come to avenger your fallen god?”

“Come to avenge? No I have come to put an end to your barbaric crusade to undermine the will of the living gods! I come because before today you and your imperial dogs have maimed and butchered and raped this galaxy! I come to end the greatest hero of the Klingon Empire and display your carcass as a trophy on my home world! I will reap you Im’pec for I am the sword of the Dominion and I will slay all enemies to the living gods!”

As he said this he raked his gloved paws along the blade a spark caught the blade and soon the entirety of the bronze blade was alight with fire which burned a sick pink color. Im’pec smiled at the flaming weapon “Good, good come at me as you are Tigret sword of the founders! Come before me with all your skill and all your strength! Burn your very soul as you have your blade! A true fight to the death!”

“be careful oh great Dahar Master , what you wish for “ came Tigrets curt reply before the two giants took off with speed that seemed to have more in common with a bolt of lightning than two lumbering giants their blade crashing together making an utterly sickening sound as fire connected with black steel.

From her position beside a wounded comrade Jes felt something grip her hand as her and another Joker gazed in awe, for the briefest of seconds she could have sworn the ground had begun to shake beneath their mighty blades.

Minas Korva 2300’s

Jean Luc felt deep pride in his men, the Stargazer had a fine crew and this was evident now more than ever, the shields shook the vessel buckled consoles exploded but she kept afloat, the repair crews darted two and fro, with everyone where they were supposed to be things that could have killed them all had only brought on minor damage, with everyone throwing more than their best giving it their all the ship had managed to cripple two Cardassian ships and destroy a third, his crew, his ship had turned the tide of an otherwise bleak battle and it was now up to the frantic Cardassian commanders to hold the line as long as it took their reinforcements to arrive. Picard stood now and gazed intently at the screen “they’re fighting with far less fervor than before” Picard said “ensign I want statistic on their reinforcements just how many are actually coming”
The look of shock on his ensign’s face told jean Luc all he needed to know twice what they had initially expected at least. Picard took a deep breath and then nodded “target to kill” Jean Luc ordered.

The Stargazer roared to life as her captain issued the fateful order.

Planet side

Legate Parvek gripped his side as some young federation officer attempted to stab him from behind, his field knife glancing off the Legates armor, swinging around he tripped the boy with his spear before burying the blade in his guts with a twist the child ceased shaking and the blade removed more than a fair portion of the boys intestines. Quickly Parvek was on the offensive again, his side arm drawn he blew another security officers chest open and then laid down fire to allow some of his men to move deeper into the compound. Parvek brought his spear down shattering the shoulder and neck of a civilian who dared to attack him. “See men! How these cowards throw their own civilians at us? They are nothing! Fools living off the labors of their ancestors and growing fat hidden behind high technology! For Cardassia! So that your sons are never thrown into the meat grinder” he called his roar inspiring his men to move forward, weapons fire and what little armored vehicles they had left fanatically met with Rainbird and his men, explosions and the stench of burning sentient flesh filled the air, Parvek advanced his shining ice like spear glittering in the air as he slew Federation soldiers.

Jack Crusher sat a hundred meters from the hardest fighting watching the dead Cardassian, his features still numb with the horror of the entire situation. He wanted to run and wanted to cry, he wanted to go back to Beverly “What the hell are you doing mister” the yell came from a teenaged girl about ten feet away from him, she was filthy covered in Cardassian blood, she had a neck bone necklace and was glaring at him with indignant rage “Are you one of those damn peace at any price cowards!” she roared, Jack flinched the disparaging name that the progressive party (his party no less) picked up would have ordinarily sent him into some high minded lecture, yet the look of utter disgust on her features triggered something inside him. “I, He had a family?” “So what?! “She yelled “don’t you? I do! Why are you here if all you’re going to do is sit there and cry while your comrades die?” “That’s not what” Jack stopped himself and looked down she was right. Slowly he gripped his gun and stood up, her features softened and she slapped his shoulder “come on sir, we have a war to fight” she said and then gripped his hand before tugging him off on a run, Jack following her let go and opened fire with his rifle remembering the training he had been given by Rainbird and his Starfleet drill instructors, his movements were fluid compared to her chaotic attacks but soon they were working in harmony, laying the enemy low around them. She pointed on ahead and Jack frowned, he could see the broad shouldered powerful looking Cardassian warrior and knew who it was, Parvek the spear of the union, the warrior who had killed a hundred federation security officers in personal combat when he occupied this world. Jacks blood burned and his companion nodded and then did something Jack would take with him to the grave, like a total maniac she hurled herself through the air bringing her feet down directly into the Legates chest, the warrior managed to bring his spear up in time to slash at her back cutting open her shirt before he swept her a good five feet through the air, she let out a loud grunt of pain as Jack took point blocking the spear with his phaser pistol trying to fire it at the same time, blood spurted from the side of Parveks face and then shoulder, the massive Cardassian growled and then tripped him slashing into Jacks thigh before again having to dodge out of the way of the furious teenager and her surprising skill, Jack himself stood up and ran at him trying to tackle the Legate legs only to find himself spitting out teeth and blood as his world went a hazy white, his companion let out a low moan as he manage to impale her in the hip and force her down.

Legate Parvek stood up now livid with rage at these two children, who had managed to draw blood in their frantic attacks. Standing above them his features became grim and poised “you have fought well for two children” he said “for that I will honor you both with quick deaths” he said prepare the spear to plunge it into Jacks heart, Jack gazed at the girl and smiled “sorry, you were right” “bout” she asked innocently “everything” he said before he felt the steel tear into his flesh only, he felt a searing pain in his side and realized what had happened. A tomahawk had been thrown at the Legates spear deflecting the blow to a non-lethal area, in that instant a powerful gnarled fist slammed into Parveks cheek while a powerful kick to the gut launched the legate several feet back.

Gasping Parvek stood up and gazed intently at his new enemy, who now tossed him his spear. The fighting around them seemed to calm slightly as both sides formed a chaotic broken circle battling out around him and his foe.

Parvek clenched his spear, for the first time since he was a boy and witnessed the slaying of his father by Koloth Parvek began to feel fear, and anticipation. This was a fight he very well could end up losing, before him stood the grim war painted features of John Rainbird first officer of the Stargazer, in one hand a tomahawk in the other a long bowie knife “they say you are a master of the spear” Rainbird said bowing his head “but you’re true art is death itself”

“I have a strong feeling we are both, masters of that art particular art Rainbird” he said taking position ‘and in such a confrontation there can be only one conclusion”

Rainbird closed his eyes and nodded before letting out a powerful war cry and charging Legate Parvek

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:55 pm

This is unfair!

You cannot stop before the fights... :)

Damn, we missed you...

You're back with a vengeance it seems...

Still excellent, still grand!

On another note, I hope all is getting better in RL?

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Good to have you back Breetia. And, if I may be so bold, believe you will find many of us have eagerly awaited a return of the Tidesverse, the realm of hard iron caste upon the anvil of shed blood where deeds of valor are sung everlasting.

As well hope everything sorted itself in RL.

And, being bold again, Thanagar is a true Son of Soth Thejas if there ever was one. Not that Im’pec the silver handed is a slouch by any means.