From One World To Another (ST/WH40K X-over)

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Khas
Starship Captain

From One World To Another (ST/WH40K X-over)

Post by Khas » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:20 am

This was a story I originally posted over at a 40K fanfiction site, and since it got good reviews there, I thought I'd post it here.

Chapter One

Fear. That was all Julius Hathaway knew as he ran through the carnage that surrounded him. Not fear of the mortal forces that clashed over this pathetic planet, but fear of what his master, Tzeentch would do to him for failing to obtain the Eye of Horus, a powerful Chaos artifact. The mission should have gone smoothly. Find the eye, take it back to the Warp, bring it to Tzeentch, end of story. Instead, five armies now clashed, and the eye had been stolen by a certain few Grots.

First of the armies to arrive was Waaagh! Asskicka, under the command of Warboss Fisto Breakdantza. Apparently, these Orks thought that the planet would have made a good staging point from which to launch further attacks in the galaxy. Next to show up was Hive Fleet Cthulhu, followed not long afterwards by a Necron fleet. Soon, the World Eaters of all people showed up, and in quick succession, the Space Wolves. Now, the planet was consumed by a war that would have made Khorne himself a bit giddy. If it hadn't been for Tarovos, the Lord of Change he was host to, he would have surely died hours ago.

A rock pile suddenly exploded in a brilliant flash of light and fire. Julius turned around to see a World Eater holding a plasma pistol, and shouting "Blood for the Blood God!" at the top of his lungs. Without warning, an emerald beam shot out of nowhere, vaporizing the unfortunate marine. A Necron was pinned down by a Tyranid Ravener, and his gun had suffered an accidental discharge. An accident which had saved Julius' life. Scrambling, Julius began reciting an incantation. The eldritch energies began filling his body, until they seemed ready to burst from his flesh. Directing the energies, he created a portal, and retreated into the Warp, sealing the portal behind him.

Khas
Starship Captain

Re: From One World To Another (ST/WH40K X-over)

Post by Khas » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:21 am

Chapter Two

In the Warp, Julius recollected exactly what made him turn to Tzeentch, eight years ago. Back then, he was only fifteen years old, and living on Torkrus VIII, under the rule of the cruel Governor Whitmer. Like so many people, he had longed for social reform. Thus, when a group had come promising change, he had been only too eager to join. Little did he, or anyone else at the time know, that the group was actually a Chaos cult. Only too late did he find out he was actually working for the Changer of the Ways, but by that point, he didn't care. All he cared about was making Whitmer pay for his crimes, and as long as the Raven God would let him do that, he would gladly serve Chaos.

The attack on Governor Whitmer's palace could not have come at a better time. At the same time the cult had prepared to attack, the local populace rose up, and tried taking Whitmer down. During the carnage, the cult had managed to slip into the Governor's palace, and began their assassination attempt. After the knife had been planted in the base of the Governor's neck, one cultist came back with a disturbing report. Governor Whitmer had been a member of a Genestealer cult, and his basement was full of Tyranids. One enemy of the Imperium had just succeeded in revealing another.

News of these disturbances did not go unheeded by the Imperium. No, the Imperial Navy had been sent to re-establish and maintain order on Torkrus, and had brought elements of the Imperial Guard, Space Marines, and Sisters of Battle along with it. However, the combined yet opposing forces of the Chaos cultists and the Tyranids had proved too much for even the Adeptus Astartes and Adepta Sororitas to combat, and the Imperials were forced to flee.

Only so that they might carry out Exterminatus on Torkrus. As atomic fire rained down on the planet, the vast majority of the population was incinerated. Only a handfull of cultists escaped back to the Warp.

In that terrible realm, the cult leader made Julius an offer he couldn't refuse, mainly because refusal would have resulted in his death. Julius was to be possessed by a (very snarky) Lord of Change named Tarovos, who, over the next eight years, would prove to be both a friend and a nuissance. A helper and a mocker. Guiding Julius, yet making fun of him at the same time. Yet Julius was thankful for the daemon's help, for he surely would have been killed years ago without it.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:24 am

Chapter Three

It wasn't long until Julius entered the Maze of Tzeentch itself. Through it's convoluted passages and ever-shifting gravitational fields Julius floated, nearing the center. He sighed, knowing that he would regret telling what had happened to Tzeentch, but if he didn't, the Raven God would surely strike him down when he least expected it. Better to get it over with than delay the inevitable.

Don't beat yourself up too hard over it. Tarovos said to him. Plenty of people have fethed up bigger than you, and have been given second chances.

Name one, and Abbadon doesn't count. Julius retorted.

Well, there was... Um... Er.... Okay ya got me. That was a royally big screw-up back there. And the Eye fell into the hands of the Orks, most likely to be given to some Mekboy. But hey, at least the Imperium didn't get it's hands on it.

Right, because the Orks getting their hands on it is SOOO much better than the Imperials.

Well it IS.

Julius thought about that for a moment. At first, the idea of the Orks getting their hands on the Eye of Horus was annoying. Then slowly the thought became horrifying as he remembered just what the Orks would do with their own, Orky versions of the Eye. Then it became hillarious, with thoughts of the Orks using such powers against the Imperium and each other racing in his head. Maybe this was all part of some grand, cosmic scheme Tzeentch had in mind.

Landing, Julius walked by Kairos, and the eighty-one Lords of Change who recorded everything the insane daemon said, in hopes of of getting an accurate view of the far future. One by one, all of the Greater Daemons turned to Julius, giving him a look that he had so often called "Stink Eye", a look usually reserved for those who had failed in a particularly spectacular way. Julius' heart sank as he saw that look, but his hopes did not go away entirely. Tzeentch could have actually been happy with the outcome, and merely lied to them. Such a thing was not above Tzeentch. Julius walked up to the great doors of Tzeentch's personal library, and pushed them open. Sitting behind a desk was Tzeentch himself, who quickly turned to face Julius.

"Ah, Julius Hathaway..." Tzeentch began. "Care to tell me about your new failure?"

"Milord, there was no way to safely obtain the Eye. It fell into the hands of the Orks after just slipping from mine. Once in their hands, it would have been impossible to get, what with the Necrons already having Pariahs there. Not to mention the Tyranids, World Eaters, and Space Wolves..."

"Slipped from your hands?" Tzeentch said. "More like those Grots took it, and you stood there stunned for a few seconds too long." Tzeentch paused. Julius averted his eyes, hoping not to incur any more of his lord's wrath.

"And you, Tarovos? Don't you have anything to say about that failure?"

Milord?

"It was just as much your fault as it was Julius'! You should have at least cast a few protective spells to help ensure the retrieval!"

Milord, it seemed a simple enough mission to not require them. I did not even know that there were Necrons on the way until they arrived!

"But you should have anticipated such an occurence! Do you know just how many millennia of scheming and plotting went down the drain because of your actions today? How many centuries of looking for the Eye have just been wasted because of you? I've been looking for the Eye longer than you've EXISTED Tarovos!" Tzeentch calmed down, and walked to the door, holding it open for Julius to walk out. Julius sighed in relief.

"Thank you milord, I promise this won't happen again!"

"You're right, it won't."

Julius stood confused for half a second, before he felt Tzeentch's massive hand grab him around the waist.

"What the?"

Oh frak.

With all his might, Tzeentch threw Julius right across the Warp. Julius and Tarovos screamed simultaneously as they flew through the Realm of Chaos, only slowing down once they began their descent, right into...

"The Well of Eternity. Oh, we are frakked."

Well, it was nice knowing ya buddy.

Almost instantaneously, Julius slammed into the swirling, chaotic well, right into the heart of time and space. Both he and Tarovos yelled in agony as they sank slower into the pool. Just before blacking out, Julius heard a voice.

"Well, well, it seems someone's view of reality needs adjusting." It said.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:29 am

Chapter Four

Captain's Log, Stardate 57873.4. The repairs of the Lexington have been finished on schedule, and the crew is eager to get back to exploration. Even though the Dominion War is just a bad memory now, we've been forced to refit our vessel with duranium plating, quantum torpedoes and bio-neural gel pack computers, the latter of the three having before been only available on Sovereign and Intrepid-class starships. Our fighter count has also been increased, with newer Valkyrie-class fighters added to supplement our aging fighters. I hope we will not need these upgrades, but our recent confrontation with the Son'a has shown that the galaxy is no longer as peaceful as it once was, and precautions once thought ludicrous are now necessary.

"End log." Captain Sorval R'Skalli said, ending his log with a mix of cheer and concern in his voice. The Caitian captain sighed as he reclined at his desk. In only a few minutes, his starship would be leaving Spacedock for parts unknown, far outside Federation territory. It was hard to imagine that only five years ago, this ship had fought in one of the bloodiest wars the galaxy had ever known, and now was on a mission of peaceful exploration, one that was much closer to the role for which it had been commissioned. That wasn't to say that the Lexington was incapable of defending herself, nor did it mean she wouldn't have to. It was just relieving to not have to worry about Jem'Hadar, Cardassians, or Breen attacking you nearly everywhere you went.

Sorval turned to the chrono on his desk. Seventeen-hundred hours. Time to go. Sorval stepped out from his office onto the bridge of the Akira-class starship. The bridge crew turned to face their captain. Two human men, Commander Nikolai Solanov and Ensign Richard Mackenzie - Chief Science Officer and Helmsman, respectively, a Betazoid woman - Councilor Anzilla Seya, and a Tellarite man - Commander Malk Rel Khav, Tactical Officer all gave acknoledging smiles - and in Khav's case, a grunt, the closest thing the Tellarite would give to a smile - to their captain. Sorval pressed his combadge.

"Threll, how are the engines?" He asked.

"Warp drive is looking good. Antimatter flow is at optimal conditions." The Andorian engineer responded cheerfully.

"Adams, how's sickbay?"

"As good as new, Captain. If I didn't know better, I'd say we never fought the Son'a to begin with." Doctor Miguel Adams replied.

"Ensign Mackenzie, take us out. One-quarter impulse power." Sorval said.

"Aye sir." The young man replied. The Lexington came to life in a flash of external lights, and as she did, she began accelerating. Spacedock's doors opened, letting the starship fly through. Beneath both starship and space station, the majestic blue and green orb that was planet Earth floated serenely against the inky backdrop of space.

"We have now cleared Earth's orbit." Mackenzie began. "Heading, sir?"

"Coreward. Warp factor eight." Sorval said with a smile. "Not too many people have gone that way, and besides, if we're going to find new civilizations, they'll more likely be there than out rimward."

"Aye sir. Course set."

"Engage."

And with that, the Lexington turned to face the center of the Milky Way. Space-time distorted around the vessel, and she shot off at superluminal speeds, ready for the thrill of new discoveries. Little did her crew know just how significant this next one would be.

Things on the Lexington had been a little boring over the past two weeks. Of the five systems they charted, only one had a planet with any life-forms more advanced than bacteria on them, and only three had any minerals worth anything on them. The one that did have higher life-forms was a nightmarish place, with mighty glaciers creeping from the poles towards the volcanic equator. Where fire and ice met on that world, most life-forms congregated. And the life-forms on that planet were some of the fiercest ever encountered, even rivalling the hengrauggi of Delta Vega, or the le-matyas of Vulcan in ferocity. And as for the plants of the jungles that existed in those regions, the ones that weren't toxic were carnivorous. Any ideas for colonization of the planet had been quickly dismissed.

Still, the crew carried on, hoping for some sign of a civilized - or at least habitable - world. Maybe this next system would have what they were looking for. The Lexington dropped out of warp just inside the system's Kuiper belt. Close enough to get accurate scans of the planets, but far enough away to avoid detection by any less advanced civilizations that might exist in the system.

"Mister Solanov, what can you tell me about the planets in this system?" Sorval asked.

Nikolai looked over at his sensors, and reported the readings back to Sorval.

"First two planets are Class-B. Each one might as well be Mercury. The third planet is a Class-Y Demon World. Temperature is 923 degrees Celsius, the atmosphere is almost totally ionized, and saturated with thermionic and gamma radiations. Atmosphere is comprised of hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, ethane, radon, and metreon gasses. Windspeed is eight hundred kilometers per hour." Nikolai said, cringing. "Almost made that one world seem like Risa."

"And the other planets?" Sorval asked. Nikolai returned to his scanners.

"The fourth one is a lot nicer. Class-L, oxygen-argon atmosphere. Multicellular life is limited to plants and fungi. Surface is mostly rocky, with the exception of one small inland sea. A forest of conifers covers most of the northern hemisphere, while the south is mostly barren. Temperature is 22 degrees Celsius. The fifth is a Class-E volcanic world, while the sixth, seventh, and eighth, which share an orbit, are all Class-P Ice Worlds. The ninth is a Class-J gas giant, and the remaining three planets are all Class-C, basically bigger versions of Pluto. I'm reading no artificial activity throughout the system."

Sorval sighed. Another system without contact. He was growing used to disappointment, what with how this mission was going, but he had at least expected something. Sighing, he turned his attention to the fourth planet in the system.

"Very well. Helm, set a course for the fourth planet. We might as well take a look at the local vegetation."

"Aye sir." Mackenzie replied. Suddenly, a beeping was heard eminating from Nikolai's console. The young man turned to face it, in response.

"Captain, I'm picking up some sort of energy reading coming from the fourth planet. I don't think I've ever seen any like this before." That piqued Sorval's interest.

"How so?" Sorval asked.

"Well, for starters.... Okay you've got me. I have almost NO idea what I'm reading. Massive spatial distortions, chroniton and tachyon bursts, neutrino surges... I can't make heads or tails of what it means."

"Helm, take us to the fourth planet. Full impulse power!" Sorval ordered.

"Aye sir!" Mackenzie said more enthusiastically. At long last, a mystery was on their hands, something worthy of reporting.

Six minutes later...

"Anything?" Sorval asked Nikolai as he reviewed his sensor readings. The science officer shook his head.

"No. Whatever caused that surge seems to be gone... Waitaminute. I am reading something. One life-sign. Human male."

"Human? How?" Sorval asked. This mission was getting more and more mysterious now, just the way he liked it.

"I have no clue. Although, I'd bet you anything it had something to do with the energy surge we detected earlier." Nikolai went back to his sensors. "Captain, the man appears to be unconscious. I'd reccomend beaming him right to sick bay." Sorval nodded, and then pressed his combadge.

"Adams? You're about to get a patient, try not to spook him."
Last edited by Khas on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:36 am

Chapter Five

"So, doc, how do you think the patient will be?" Sorval asked. Adams sighed, preparing to inform the captain of the medical condition of their newest guest.

"He'll live, although he'll wish he didn't. He's suffered fractures to both his arms, cracked nearly all his ribs, bruised both kidneys, nearly ruptured his spleen, barely avoided breaking his femur, and collapsed one of his lungs. Thankfully, his brain escaped being damaged. That brings me to the other thing I wanted to talk to you about."

Adams pressed a few buttons on the medical console, and two energy patterns appeared onscreen.

"Doctor, what, exactly am I looking at?" Sorval asked.

"The two neural patterns I detected when scanning the patient's brain. The first one you see is his. The second is something else entirely."

"You mean like a seperate personality."

"No, not exactly. In someone with multiple personalities, both neural patterns will match the body's own bio-energy signature. In this case, the second one doesn't. Not even by a longshot. It has it's own energy signature, completely independent of the patient."

"So, this is more like alien or 'demonic' possession..."

"Close. However, if it wasn't for this second conscioussness, he could very well be dead right now. It appears that this thing is behaving more like a guardian angel than a normal possessing entity. I'd wait until he regains conscioussness before trying to remove it." Adams said. Sorval looked at him.

"Is there anything else, doctor?" Sorval asked.

"Yes, actually. The patient was seen holding these two items." Adams pointed over to a table, which displayed a staff and a gun. "What the purpose of the staff is, I can only guess. It could be something of religious or social importance, a status symbol. The gun's function is obvious." Adams said. Sorval walked over to pick up the gun, but was stopped by a force field, which upon contact, filled him with a brief surge of pain.

"Had to be sure that they were secure Captain. Put a Level Six security force field around them." Regaining his breath, Sorval turned to face Adams once again.

"Just what kind of a gun is that?" He asked.

"A particularly nasty one. Primitive, but nasty. I had Threll run a scan on it not too long ago. Apparently, it fires .75-calibre rounds with explosive heads machine gun-style." Sorval turned to Adams wide-eyed.

"What kind of culture would make such a weapon?" Sorval asked. Usually, races went from machine guns to energy weapons, and would avoid anything like this.

"A sadistic one, what else?" Adams said. "In case he does prove hostile, I've placed two armed guards at the entrance."

"Doc, where would we be without you?"

"Dead, in the Chin'toka system." And with that, Sorval rolled his eyes.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:41 am

Chapter Six

As Julius returned to conscioussness, he felt three things. The first was softness. The kind of softness that came from a bed and blankets. The second, was warmth slowly returning to him. But the most prominent of all was pain. Oh Tzeentch, the pain.

Pain! Julius thought. Pain meant he was alive, as his soul would have almost certainly been destroyed by the Well of Eternity if he had died. But how he was alive, he didn't know. Nor did he question, for all he could focus on was the pain. Unable to do anything else, he groaned.

It was upon hearing the groaning, that Adams rushed over to the unconscious Julius, hypospray at the ready. He placed the small device on Julius' neck, and pressed the button, releasing two chemicals into his bloodstream. The first was a painkiller, since the groans coming from Julius were obviously those of someone in pain. The second was a stimulant, to bring him fully into consciousness.

With the hiss of the hypospray, Julius opened his eyes to find himself staring right at Sorval and Adams. To say that he was surprised would have been a very big understatement.

"What? Who? Where am I?" Julius asked frantically.

"You're on the Federation starship Lexington." Sorval began. "We found you severely wounded on the fourth planet in this system. You're in sickbay right now."

"Federation? What Federation? I've never heard of it." Julius asked. Sorval frowned.

"The United Federation of Planets. A league of many species from many planets working together for the common good."

"You sound like the Tau, saying stuff about the 'common good', or 'Greater Good'." Julius said. Another confused look from Sorval. "You know, the Tau, going around conquering other races, to bring them into the 'Greater Good'?"

"I'm sorry, but we've never heard of these 'Tau'." Sorval said.

"What about the Eldar, or Dark Eldar? Orks, Necrons, Tyranids?" Sorval shook his head.

"The Imperium of Man? Have you at least heard of them?"

"I'm sorry, but we've never encountered any of those..." Sorval paused. "Wait did you say Imperium of Man?"

"Yeah. You've heard of them?"

"No. But it might help us expl-" Sorval was cut short, however, as the doors to the sickbay opened, and Nikolai walked right in.

"Captain." He said. "I may have a theory as to the readings I detected on the fourth planet. Now, it's just a hunch, but it's the best explanation for what just happened."

"Go on."

"Well, judging by the particles emmitted, as well as the space-time distortions, I believe that what we just saw was an interaction between our universe and another one. Albeit, incredibly brief." Nikolai said.

"So, that explains one thing..."

"Sir?"

"Where..." Sorval paused, and turned to face Julius. "What was your name? I don't think you said it."

"Julius Hathaway."

"Where Julius comes from. He was mentioning races we've never heard of, and something called the 'Imperium of Man'."

"Whoah whoah whoah." Julius said. "Are you telling me, that I've just left my home universe, and now I'm in yours?"

"Yes." Nikolai said. "Now, I know that this must be a lot for you to take in..."

"Are you kidding? That doesn't even fully describe it!"

"But I promise, we'll do everything we can to try and send you back."

Julius paused for a second, and then faced both Sorval and Nikolai, and said:

"No."

"You don't want to go back?" Sorval asked. "Not to your home?"

"Are you kidding? ANYTHING is better than that universe. This is the best day of my life!"

Sorval, Adams, and Nikolai all faced each other for a few seconds.

"Would you mind telling us why?" Sorval asked.

"Okay, but it's a loooong story."

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:47 am

Interesting. Is there anymore?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:39 am

Not at the moment. There used to be, but that site moved so many times before I could save it all to MS Word, that I'll have to re-type most of it, by memory.

User1468
Padawan

Post by User1468 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:34 pm

WANT MORE.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Chapter Seven

Julius bit down into a meatball sandwich, savoring the spicy tomato sauce, sharp mozzerella cheese, and savory ground beef that comprised his meal. The flood of sensations was greater than anything he had experienced in his home universe, where his meals had mainly consisted of ration blocks, alien vegetation, and the odd rodent. The flavors had nearly overwhelmed him at first, but as his tastebuds adjusted to the new flavors, he came to enjoy this new food. Consuming the meal at a rate he previously thought only capable by Tyranids, he soon found that the sandwich was gone, and found himself wishing for more. Turning around, he grabbed the water that had been placed beside him for him to drink, the normally tasteless fluid seemed like wine to him.

Sorval watched as Julius quickly devoured his meal, then walked toward the bed-ridden human. Julius sighed as the leonine captain approached him, knowing full well he would be questioned about who he was, where he came from, and his life story. However, he felt some comfort knowing that these "Federation" types would show mercy, as opposed to an Imperial Inquisitor. He both admired and and was puzzled by their mercy, their innocence. They were very much like the Tau Empire during it's early days, ignorant of the horrors people like him had brought upon the galaxy. Well, his galaxy, anyway.

"Ahem!" Sorval shouted, grabbing Julius' attention. "So, when are you going to tell us about your universe, Mister Hathaway?" He asked.

"Soon, Captain. I still have to get used to the fact that I'm not in the Segmentum Obscurus anymore. Oh, and might I say, wonderful machines, your 'replicators'. I can't say I've ever seen anything like them in all my life." Julius paused. "Okay, now I'm ready. You want to know about my universe? Well, I guess the best way to describe it is that... it sucks. I'll start with the cause of it all, the Imperium of Man. You see Captain, for the past ten thousand years in my universe, humanity has been under the iron fist of the so-called 'God Emperor of Man', who claimed power for himself to rule over the galaxy. However, Horus, blessed be His name, his eldest son, sought to end this madness, and struck down the Emperor. However, despite confining the Emperor to the Golden Throne, Horus himself was killed. It was this event that caused most of humanity to worship the false Emperor as a god, instead of a real deity, like Tzeentch. Most worlds in the Imperium, like my former homeworld of Torkrus VIII, are massively corrupt, filled with oppressive dictators, stuffy beuraucrats, and a misguided church that forces worship of the Emperor on the people. It is a theocratic, xenophobic, genocidal, and xenocidal government. Most people in the Imperium don't have rights, and many labor in utterly horrid conditions.
"It was conditions like these, that led me to see the truth about the Imperium, and the Emperor. My own homeworld was oppressed by the cruel Governor Whitmer, and I joined, what, at the time, I thought was a group that promised social change. Instead, it was a cult dedicated to Tzeentch."

Sorval raised an eyebrow at Julius, obviously wanting to know more about the Raven God.

"Tzeentch is one of the four Chaos Gods, and the one I used to work for. He is the God of Sorcery, Change, Hope, and Schemes. He is the Architect of Fate, constantly changing the threads of destiny. The other three are Khorne, Slaanesh, and Nurgle." Julius said, with more than a bit of disgust when saying that last name. "Khorne is the God of War, and one of the most powerful, being tied with Tzeentch in power. He seeks only blood, his warriors often yelling 'Blood for the Blood God', as they charge into battle, caring not if they attack friend or foe. Slaanesh is the Goddess of Pleasure and Seduction, archenemy of Khorne. She'll grant her followers any sensual desire they can imagine, providing they go out and commit depraved pleasures themselves. And Nurgle... Nurgle is the God of Sickness and Decay. His followers are little more than bloated zombies who seek to give others their 'gifts'. Nurgle is the archenemy of Tzeentch." Sorval looked genuinely horrified at Julius, even if he was still curious.

"You said 'used to work for'." Sorval asked. "Tzeentch. You used to work for him. What happenned?"

"Yesterday, I was sent to look for the Eye of Horus, a powerful Chaos artifact. However, due to the Imperial Space Marines, Khornate Chaos Space Marines, the Necrons, the Tyranids, and the Orks all showing up at once, I was unable to reterieve it. Because of my failure, Tzeentch threw me into the Well of Eternity to kill me. That was when someone or something came and rescued me."

"Now, who are the Necrons, Tyranids, and Orks?" Sorval asked.

"Three vile alien races. The Necrons are a race of machines who serve the C'Tan or Star Gods, giant energy beings that feed on stars and souls. Their goal is to wipe out all life to feed the C'Tan. The Tyranids are a race of extragalactic hive-minded monsters who seek only to devour all life and advance their evolution. Their like a cross between a tyrannoaur and an arachnid. And the Orks? A race of green-skinned morons violent enough to give the Khornates a run for their money. They reproduce by sporing, and most of their technology works simply because they think it should work. This is due to their realiy-warping psychic field known as the 'WAAAGH!'. There are also the pointy-eared, arrogant Eldar, their Slaanesh-appeasing cousins, the Dark Eldar, and the Tau, a grey-skinned race whose goals I told you about earlier."

Sorval sat down, taking time to process all this information. "Now I see why you wouldn't want to return to your own universe. Oh, and one more thing. About the energy signature we were reading in your brain, is that anyway related to Tzeentch?"

Julius sighed. "Yes. That energy signature is Tarovos, a Lord of Change, one of the Greater Daemons of Tzeentch. He is also the closest thing I've had to a friend for the past eight years."

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Still interesting through if it was me I'd had beamed Julius directly into the core of the nearest planetiod and place a warning beacon on the blasted thing. But that's just me.

On a more serious note I'm curious if our little friend is going to stay by his little lonesome or if more are to follow, after all I could believe all this as part of Tzeentch master plan.

Now,sorry to sound like a worthless shill, I was curious if I may ask of your opinon on my tastless tale?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:23 am

Julius and Tarovos are the only two who are going to jump universes.

As for your fanfic, don't beat yourself up over it. I've read far FAR worse on FFN, namely some fanfic called "War". I'd rate it worse than "My Immortal", because at least My Immortal was entertaining.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:40 am

Khas wrote:Julius and Tarovos are the only two who are going to jump universes.
Well I'm sure they can cause enough trouble through Julius does seem a rather nice fellow for an agent of Chaos. Really just seems like a case of falling into the wrong crowd, this case being soul devouring horrors from a pocket verse, than anything else. Hopefully you have more.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:22 am

and with this little piece of glory you make me look like a rank amateur! oh and it's awesome I'ma be following this

well written i like the interaction between the Demon and Julius and was that Q that hurled him into the trekverse?

i like it please continue!

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 pm

sonofccn wrote:
Khas wrote:Julius and Tarovos are the only two who are going to jump universes.
Well I'm sure they can cause enough trouble through Julius does seem a rather nice fellow for an agent of Chaos. Really just seems like a case of falling into the wrong crowd, this case being soul devouring horrors from a pocket verse, than anything else. Hopefully you have more.
Yes I do. I also know exactly where I'm going with this.