Galaxy-spanning Terrian Empire (ATTENTION; PLEASE READ)

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Galaxy-spanning Terrian Empire (ATTENTION; PLEASE READ)

Post by Youngla0450 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:53 pm

I have the following scenario:

A charming and influential war-mongrel and despotic-like Admiral is loved by the people, and elected to the Office of President of the United Federation of Planets. The new President is militarstic, and has dreams of establishing a galaxy-spanning autocratic Empire, with Earth renamed "Imperial Center", and serving as the capital. The President secretly provokes the Romulan Empire into assaulting the Federation. As a result, the people rally to his call, granting him absolute military powers. The President, using his new authority, triples the size of Starfleet, authorizes the research and development of more advanced military technology, and reorganizes Starfleet Command. Everybody rallies to his call, and the Federation drives the Romulans out. The President revoked the Treaty of Alegron and ordered the development and deployment of cloaking technology. Starfleet's budget is tripled, and the Prime Directive is repealed. This allows the Federation to use numerous non-member star systems within it's borders to it's advantage. They avoid the Organians, not wanting to provoke them. Over the course of the war, the President's popularity grows, and he is granted more and more power by the Federation Council. First, his term is extended indefinetely. Second, the President is granted supreme powers over the Council itself. Third, the President is given direct command of the Courts. Fourth, the President is granted the authority to approve and pass laws on his intiative. Fifth, the President is granted absolute powers over the local and regional governments, including those of Vulcan, Tellar, Andoria, Betazoid, Betegulese, and numerous others. Finally, the President is awarded absolute powers over the Federation economy and people. He became a absolute dictator, independent of the Federation Council. After gaining absolute powers, the President established the Federation Army, and introduced conscription. Army weapons and technology are introduced. Research on improving the efficency and use of phasers are intiated.

''continued in next post''

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Second part of scenario

Post by Youngla0450 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Eventually, after three years of war, the Federation captures Romulus fairly quickly, thanks to the newly established Federation Army. With Romulus captured, most of the Romulan military forces destroyed, and the Romulan economy paralyzed, the Romulan Empire was effectively destroyed and annexed by the Federation.

With the Romulan Empire eliminated, President Halsley (name of the President in this scenario), by now a absolute-ruling dictator, called a important meeting of the Federation Council. In it, the President annouced the destruction of the Romulan Empire and the capture of Romulus. He proclaimed how the Federation was a glorious state, but that a new, more powerful government was needed. As such, he annouced the United Federation of Planets would be reorganized into the Terrian Empire, with himself as Terrian Emperor, reigning with absolute power for life. The President was greeted with cheers and praise by the members of the Council. After 218 years, the United Federation of Planets seized to exist.

Soon, the democratic Federation was replaced by a totalitarian Empire. The Federation Starfleet was reorganized into the Imperial Navy, while the Federation Army became the Imperial Army. Starfleet Command became Imperial Naval Command, while Army Headquarters became Imperial Army Command. The Federation Council was replaced by the Imperial Senate. The Office of President of the United Federation of Planets was replaced by the position of Emperor of the Terrian Empire, or Terrian Emperor. The Constitution and Charters of the Federation are replaced by the Imperial Charter. San Fransico was renamed Imperial City, Earth itself renamed Imperial Center, and Sector 001 renamed the Imperial Sector. Section 31 and Federation Intelligence were combined to form Imperial Intelligence. The Federation Cabinet was replaced by the Imperial Council. The Anthem of the Federation was replaced with the Imperial Anthem. All seals and flags of the Federation were replaced with flags and seals of the Terrian Empire. Even the uniforms of Starfleet and Army personnel were extensively modified, effectively resembling that of the Galactic Empire of Star Wars. Within days, there were few signs left that there even was a Federation.

"continued in part three"
Last edited by Youngla0450 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Galaxy-spanning Terrian Empire (ATTENTION; PLEASE READ)

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:11 pm

OK, seriously guys, this is a joke. Who's sock puppet is that?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Don't look at me!
-Mike

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:21 pm

What the hell is a Terrian? Those aliens from Earth 2?

411-RED
Redshirt

Post by 411-RED » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:02 am

1. You completely ripped off the Mirror Universe and Star Wars.
2. What is a "Federation Army"? Starfleet is already there for defense, and offense if necessary.
3. None of this would ever happen. Why would he be loved by the people, especially the 149 or so non-Human worlds of the Federation? "Yo guys, what's up? I want to blow some stuff up and invade these dudes. Give me absolute control over everything, abandon your morals, do whatever I say, slap the title 'Imperial' in front of everything possibly, and let me take control over all these other alien worlds and strip them of their rights."

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:09 am

411-RED wrote:1. You completely ripped off the Mirror Universe and Star Wars.
2. What is a "Federation Army"? Starfleet is already there for defense, and offense if necessary.
3. None of this would ever happen. Why would he be loved by the people, especially the 149 or so non-Human worlds of the Federation? "Yo guys, what's up? I want to blow some stuff up and invade these dudes. Give me absolute control over everything, abandon your morals, do whatever I say, slap the title 'Imperial' in front of everything possibly, and let me take control over all these other alien worlds and strip them of their rights."
Mmm... hello?

411-RED
Redshirt

Post by 411-RED » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:29 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Mmm... hello?
Hi.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 am

411-RED wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Mmm... hello?
Hi.

411-RED
Redshirt

Post by 411-RED » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:08 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Image
Jumping to conclusions, aren't we?

I can assure you, I'm not a troll. ;)

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:23 am

I don't know who this 411-RED guy is, but I like him already.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:25 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:OK, seriously guys, this is a joke. Who's sock puppet is that?
At times it seems like he's General Schatten's, but other times it seems like Praeothmin is the one behind him. It is a mystery.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:57 am

How is 411-RED trolling? So far he's brought up several vaild criticisms of Youngla's writing.
-Mike

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:25 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:How is 411-RED trolling? So far he's brought up several vaild criticisms of Youngla's writing.
-Mike
I agree, he may turn out to be a troll but considering the sampling of the story he has replied to i have to say that ANY honest comment regarding the story would seem like trolling lol.

The only positive thing i can say about the story is that the spelling ect is better than mine.......

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:30 am

To be honest, it's not that hard to accomplish these days, if you run what you write by spellchecker, or a similar type program.
-Mike