Galaxy-spanning Terrian Empire (ATTENTION; PLEASE READ)

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Re: Galaxy-spanning Terrian Empire (ATTENTION; PLEASE READ)

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:32 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:To be honest, it's not that hard to accomplish these days, if you run what you write by spellchecker, or a similar type program.
-Mike
So slap it on a word document and hit spell checker before i post it?.

Il give it a go but it is likely i will end up with a correctly spelled but incorrect simular word in some places where it gives me a option lol.

411-RED
Redshirt

Post by 411-RED » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Some internet browsers also have built in spell checkers, Firefox for one. It works just like the spell checker in Word, etc.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Khas wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:OK, seriously guys, this is a joke. Who's sock puppet is that?
At times it seems like he's General Schatten's, but other times it seems like Praeothmin is the one behind him. It is a mystery.
Nah, I'm pretty sure that Schatt's (who I interact with on other boards) wouldn't bother to go to this length, posting "stories" and stuff on a wiki to troll here. Plus Schatt's is a hell of a lot smarter then this dork.

You should follow the links he posted way back, he's got a tonne of garbage fan fiction. Including a complete rip off of Superman's origin.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:35 pm

411-RED wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote: Image
Jumping to conclusions, aren't we?

I can assure you, I'm not a troll. ;)
Sure thing.
Mike DiCenso wrote:How is 411-RED trolling? So far he's brought up several vaild criticisms of Youngla's writing.
-Mike
You have a total new guy who registers her, a small board by all means, just to give his own two three lines short opinion on an extremely obscure fan fiction no one seems to care about? You do know, guys, that there aren't that many unregistered guests reading these boards, right?
And that in a context wherein youngla is obviously pulling legs (otherwise he really is that impaired, or suffers of genuine schizophrenia).
I say what a timely arrival.
His ability to bash youngla doesn't impress me, especially since he ]appears to be there just for that thus far (his attention locked on the less interesting subject this thread ever had). You'll excuse me for being suspicious about this 411 bloke. I'll see what he has to say other than post "criticism" of youngla's "fan fiction".

I'm all for new members who really are interested into what SFJN has managed to develop, which is not about stalking trolls, and then essentially acting like a troll feeding another troll, albeit with much subtlety.
Last edited by Mr. Oragahn on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:38 pm

The Dude wrote:
Khas wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:OK, seriously guys, this is a joke. Who's sock puppet is that?
At times it seems like he's General Schatten's, but other times it seems like Praeothmin is the one behind him. It is a mystery.
Nah, I'm pretty sure that Schatt's (who I interact with on other boards) wouldn't bother to go to this length, posting "stories" and stuff on a wiki to troll here. Plus Schatt's is a hell of a lot smarter then this dork.

You should follow the links he posted way back, he's got a tonne of garbage fan fiction. Including a complete rip off of Superman's origin.
Oh yes, with his El-something character. Boy.
Again, why doesn't youngla try some major scifi forum, with a large place for fan fictions.
Like here.
And I agree with you, for all I've seen about GS, I didn't get the feeling he was up to such idiotic activities.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Khas wrote:
WTF??????
How does he even remotely remind you of me???????
I Troll a lot better then this... :)

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:You have a total new guy who registers her, a small board by all means, just to give his own two three lines short opinion on an extremely obscure fan fiction no one seems to care about? You do know, guys, that there aren't that many unregistered guests reading these boards, right?
I don't necessarily see this as making 411 a troll, as some people who've been lurking a while as guests, might be provoked into registering and getting involved just to have their say. Now if this is all he/she does, then yes, probably they are probably a troll, but a relatively harmless one who will eventually go away once the object of their interest is gone, or no longer enough of a interest. Until such time, don't make such a big deal about it. I would like to hope that 411 is not a troll, and will eventually move on to other more worthwhile subjects here on the forum.
-Mike

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Part Three

Post by Youngla0450 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:22 pm

The new Emperor immediately began to consolidate his reign over the new Empire. One of his first actions was to construct the Imperial Palace, his new residence. It would dwarf Imperial Naval Command (formerly Starfleet Command), Imperial Army Command, and the Imperial Naval and Army Academies (formerly Starfleet Academy). Thousands of non-paid workers labored on the Palace over a period of three years. The Emperor hired the best masons and architects in the Empire to build his Palace.

Finally, in 2382, the Palace was complete. It was three stories tall, with a underground basement complex. The Palace was built of limestone, and had a design similar to the royal palaces of England, long ago. It had a front garden, circled around a massive fountain. The Palace commanded regal authority. The interior was greatly decorated and laid out. The Emperor moved in immediately, and would remain there for the rest of his reign.

Secondly, the Emperor ordered the Imperial Senate (formerly the Federation Council, but only now a legislative body) to pass a series of laws, to justify his upcoming opression. In 2380, the Emergency Powers Act was passed. This Act granted the military far-reaching authority, including the power to use any methods at it's disposal to eliminate threats to the Empire, use non-member or desolate star systems for the Empire's advantage, and to hunt down criminals in the run of the law. Another law, the Military Technology Act, tripled the already large budget of the Imperial Military (Imperial Army and Imperial Navy, as combined). It authorized the research, development, and implementation of more advanced technology.

Side Note: Actually I am restarting this story, laying it in the form of a timeline.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Timeline of Scenario

Post by Youngla0450 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:34 pm

2375: In the aftermath of the Dominion War, a chramastic and influential Admiral, Richard Hasley, is elected President of the United Federation of Planets by a overwhelming majority. Hasley promised to defend the ideals of the Federation. In reality, he wanted to transform the Federation into a opressive, galaxy-spanning Empire.

2376: President Hasley secretly provoked the leaders of the Romulan Senate into declaring war on the Federation. Publicly, in the Federation, Hasley was granted absolute powers over the military by the Federation Council. Hasley immediately repealed the Prime Directive, revoked the Treaty of Alegron, and authorized the development and implementation of new technology, including cloaking devices.

2377: The Federation turfed the Romulans out of it's territory. President Hasley was granted a range of new powers. In January, his term was extended indefintely. In March, Hasley was granted direct authority over the Federation Council. In May, Hasley was granted direct command of the local and regional governments of the Federation, including those of Vulcan, Tellar, Andoria, Betazoid, and numerous others. In July, Hasley was granted direct command of the Federation judicial system. Finally, in August, Hasley was granted authority that allowed him to control the Federation economy, people, and Constitution. Thus he became a absolute dictator.

2378: President Hasley established the Federation Army, a seperate branch of the Federation Armed Forces, independent of Starfleet. Immediately, he authorized the research, development, and deployment of army technology, armor, and uniforms. Also this year, Federation forces crossed the Netural Zone and invaded numerous Romulan colonies.
Last edited by Youngla0450 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Timeline of Scenario pt 2

Post by Youngla0450 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:50 pm

2379: The Great Offensive into Romulan territory occured. Federation ground and naval forces penetrated deep into Romulan territory, thanks to the advanced new Federation cloaking devices. They over-ran numerous Romulan colonies and worlds, and by June, had captured Romulus, despite suffering the loss of hundreds of starships. With Romulus in Federation hands, most Romulan military forces destroyed or scattered, and the Romulan economy paralyzed, the Romulan Empire officially surrendered to the Federation.

In July, President Hasley summoned a emergency meeting of the Federation Council. He annouced the destruction of the Romulan Empire and the capture of Romulus. He stated that although the Federation was a magnificent government, a new, more powerful state of affairs was needed. As the meaning of this, he officially annouced the reorganization of the United Federation of Planets into the Terrian Empire, with himself as Terrian Emperor, ruling absolutely for life. President Hasley was greeted with cheers and apaluse from most of the Federation Council.

After 218 years, the United Federation of Planets seized to exist.

In a relatively short period of time, the democratic Federation was replaced by a totalitarian Empire. The Federation Starfleet was reorganized into the Imperial Navy, while the Federation Army became the Imperial Army. Starfleet Command became Imperial Naval Command, while Army Headquarters became Imperial Army Command. The Federation Council was replaced by the Imperial Senate. The Office of President of the United Federation of Planets was replaced by the position of Emperor of the Terrian Empire, or Terrian Emperor. The Constitution and Charters of the Federation are replaced by the Imperial Charter. San Fransico was renamed Imperial City, Earth itself renamed Imperial Center, and Sector 001 renamed the Imperial Sector. Section 31 and Federation Intelligence were combined to form Imperial Intelligence. The Federation Cabinet was replaced by the Imperial Council. The Anthem of the Federation was replaced with the Imperial Anthem. All seals and flags of the Federation were replaced with flags and seals of the Terrian Empire. Even the uniforms of Starfleet and Army personnel were extensively modified, effectively resembling that of the Galactic Empire of Star Wars. Within days, there were few signs left that there even was a Federation.

411-RED
Redshirt

Post by 411-RED » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
411-RED wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote: Image
Jumping to conclusions, aren't we?

I can assure you, I'm not a troll. ;)
Sure thing.
Mike DiCenso wrote:How is 411-RED trolling? So far he's brought up several vaild criticisms of Youngla's writing.
-Mike
You have a total new guy who registers her, a small board by all means, just to give his own two three lines short opinion on an extremely obscure fan fiction no one seems to care about?
I'm not trying to come off as rude, but is it a crime to register on a small forum? Also, my first post did deal with Youngla's "stories", but that doesn't mean I solely registered to participate in Youngla bashing, as you said.
You do know, guys, that there aren't that many unregistered guests reading these boards, right?
Being a Trekkie for awhile now, and after watching A New Hope a few weeks ago, I was curious regarding what would happen if the two universes collided. I first read stuff from SDN, and RSA/Darkstar's (I think those are the same people?) website, who the folks at SDN don't seem to like very much. The forums on SDN were pretty boring to read, as there were no actual versus discussions, just people swearing at one another and massive crusades against "Federation Cultists" and "Trektards". I eventually found Starfleet Jedi, and read through various topics for a week or so before deciding to join.
And that in a context wherein youngla is obviously pulling legs (otherwise he really is that impaired, or suffers of genuine schizophrenia).
Actually, I've encountered people who are worse than Youngla on other forums, and they coincidentally use a similar style of sentence structure, which was a little weird. And I know for a fact that person was not trolling.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:05 pm

411-RED wrote:I'm not trying to come off as rude, but is it a crime to register on a small forum? Also, my first post did deal with Youngla's "stories", but that doesn't mean I solely registered to participate in Youngla bashing, as you said.

As I said before, I haven't seen anything so far to indicate you are trolling. If anyting, your participation in the "Death Star vs Borg Cube-Who Would Win?" thread shows more interest than in merely bashing Youngla as you are discussing various aspects of the scenario with people other than Younga there.
-Mike

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Timeline of Scenario pt 3

Post by Youngla0450 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:18 am

2380: The Emperor and the Imperial Senate passed a series of laws that would justify the Emperor's later opression. These included the Emergency Military Powers Act, which extended the authority of the Imperial Military, the Military Technology Act, which tripled the Military's budget and authorized the research, development and deployment of more advanced military technology, and the Capital Powers Act, which authorized lethal force against all of the Empire's opponents, internal and external.

more later

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:33 am

What... is the point of all this, Youngla? It's tedious and boring as hell for all the reasons everyone has already outlined to you.
-Mike

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:40 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:What... is the point of all this, Youngla? It's tedious and boring as hell for all the reasons everyone has already outlined to you.
-Mike
Okay I quit then. No more story. I will not write any more stories here if you continue to express distate at them.