Star Wars and Star Trek: The Destruction of Earth

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:59 pm

PROLOGUE

This is a time of darkness and desolation for the galaxy. The GALACTIC EMPIRE, has consolidated it's opressive rule over the galaxy. The REBELLION, a organization dedicated to overthrowing the evil Empire and restoring peace and justice to the galaxy, was crushed by DARTH VADER and GRAND MOFF TARKIN, through use of the DEATH STAR, a battlestation powerful enough to destroy entire planets.

With the Rebellion destroyed, the Empire, lead by the evil EMPEROR PALPATINE, can continue it's opression of hundreds of thousands of star systems across the galaxy. Recently, the Empire has discovered a wormhole, linking to ANOTHER GALAXY. Instead of being ruled by a single central government, this galaxy is broken up into hundreds of smaller states. Among them include states with names such as BORG, DOMINION, FEDERATION, ROMULANS, KLINGONS, and others, who all pale in comparsion to the Empire. A plan is being formulated to cripple the state called "Federation", in order to demonstrate the strength of the Death Star. Will Earth, the capital of the Federation, be destroyed, or be saved. Read on to find out...

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Chapter 1: The Imperial Meeting

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Chapter 1: The Imperial Meeting

In space, the Imperial Star Destroyer Devestator, was approaching the Death Star. A massive ship, the Devestator was at the forefront of the Imperial Navy. On the Devestator, Darth Vader was on the bridge. Through his mask, he gazed into outer space. Vader was the Empire's Supreme Commander, the second-in command and the servant of Emperor Palpatine. He was also the Emperor's Sith apprentice. Vader commanded authority over the fleet, and everybody feared him. Vader was on his way for a important meeting with Grand Moff Tarkin, one of the most powerful officials in the Empire and the commander of the Death Star. The Emperor would attend via hologram.

Eventually, the Devestator landed in a hangar bay on the Death Star. The Death Star was the Empire's most powerful superweapon. A battlestation of 160 kilometers in length, about the size of a average-sized moon. It was spherical in shape. The Death Star had a commanding and massive superlaser, which bore enough power to incinerate entire planets. Vader considered such a weapon insufficent, compared to the power of the Force he practiced in.

Mith
Starship Captain

Re: Star Wars and Star Trek: The Destruction of Earth

Post by Mith » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:38 pm

...And? That's it? How is that anything at all resembling a fucking chapter? Have you ever picked up a book in your life? I mean Jesus, I know we shouldn't be expecting published level quality for a fanfic, but you need to give us something better than what appears to be a very dull start to the first paragraph of the first page.

If you're going to make this into an ego-trip, then you might as well not even bother. Because all you're really doing is supplementing lack of debating skills for lack of writing skills and then putting forward what you'd think would happen. Here's a hint; interesting stories don't work that way. There's a reason why yours and Wong's fanfics regarding this suck so hard; it's because its all about your ego.

Good stories rely on the enemy being smart, skilled, or threatening in some way. Just as it's incredibly boring to have the hero have everything handed to him on a silver platter, so is it worse still to have an enemy who in no way presents any threat to the characters whatsoever.

What was Wong's fanfic about? Oh yeah, the Empire steamrolling the entire Federation without so much as breaking a sweat. Where was the suspense? Um...nowhere. It only took a few chapters at most for the Empire to crush the Federation and then they were assraping the Borg because...well, what else was there to do but stroke the rest of Wong's ego? Oh yeah, and the complete and utter raping of Picard's character. Again, because Wong couldn't write a story to save his fucking life.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 pm

OK, Youngrandomnumbers, heres what you need to do. Go read these:

Starcrossed
Unity

Now once you've read these and understand what makes a decent story, go out and buy a hammer. Take that hammer and use it to repeatably break every bone in your hands.

That should save you, and much more importantly us from having to endure any more of your "literature."

Oh and if anyone thinks I'm actually serious about the hammer bit, then its time to go have a drink.

User1442
Padawan

Post by User1442 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Mith wrote:...And? That's it? How is that anything at all resembling a fucking chapter? Have you ever picked up a book in your life? I mean Jesus, I know we shouldn't be expecting published level quality for a fanfic, but you need to give us something better than what appears to be a very dull start to the first paragraph of the first page.

If you're going to make this into an ego-trip, then you might as well not even bother. Because all you're really doing is supplementing lack of debating skills for lack of writing skills and then putting forward what you'd think would happen. Here's a hint; interesting stories don't work that way. There's a reason why yours and Wong's fanfics regarding this suck so hard; it's because its all about your ego.

Good stories rely on the enemy being smart, skilled, or threatening in some way. Just as it's incredibly boring to have the hero have everything handed to him on a silver platter, so is it worse still to have an enemy who in no way presents any threat to the characters whatsoever.

What was Wong's fanfic about? Oh yeah, the Empire steamrolling the entire Federation without so much as breaking a sweat. Where was the suspense? Um...nowhere. It only took a few chapters at most for the Empire to crush the Federation and then they were assraping the Borg because...well, what else was there to do but stroke the rest of Wong's ego? Oh yeah, and the complete and utter raping of Picard's character. Again, because Wong couldn't write a story to save his fucking life.

I agree on everything here, exxxxxceeeeept i actually do like wongs stories. I mean their well written, and even though highly implausible were great fun to read.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:04 pm

leon_caboose wrote:

I agree on everything here, exxxxxceeeeept i actually do like wongs stories. I mean their well written, and even though highly implausible were great fun to read.
I tried them but it was what i expected, a VS debater writing a book in such a way to include references their personal bias in regards to fire power ect.

Reading that stuff is like meeting up with a buddy who just did something they feel is impressive or interesting like a holiday to a unusual place and then uses every opportunity and excuse to tell you about it or mention it. WATER? you want a drink of water?, when i did/was in..:D.