The Orange Star: A More Powerful Version of The Death Star I

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

The Orange Star: A More Powerful Version of The Death Star I

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:47 am

I have written a story on a "Orange Star", which is a more powerful and more advanced version of the Death Star. It's superlaser and defenses are superior, and there are little-no flaws. Here is the link, and please comment on it:

http://imagine.wikia.com/wiki/Orange_Star

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: The Orange Star: A More Powerful Version of The Death Star I

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:20 pm

I suggest this gets merged with the other Orange Star thread.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Your battle station is weak compared to my ultimate weapon below:-

THE I-WIN BUTTON DEFEATS ALL!!!!.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Behold the fruit star:

It's juices can dissolve any material known to man! It shall defeat your Orange Star!

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:29 pm

And behold, Homestar!

Even the Fruit Star trembles before his waves of stupidity!

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:25 pm

I told you to comment on the Orange Star and tell how you think of it, not to be sarcastic.

Kane Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Kane Starkiller » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:37 pm

You said that Orange Star superlaser can create planets and suns. Can it also create other Death Stars? Imagine how cool it would be if the Borg sends their entire fleet to destroy the Orange Star when all of a sudden...poof...a completely new Death Star appears.
The Orange Star could travel around Star Trek galaxy and create thousands of Death Stars all over it and then all of those Death Star could fire simultaneously into the center of the galaxy and blow it up completely.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Kane Starkiller wrote: The Orange Star could travel around Star Trek galaxy and create thousands of Death Stars all over it and then all of those Death Star could fire simultaneously into the center of the galaxy and blow it up completely.
Aaand that redefines "pointless endeavor". The center of the galaxy is a fuckin' black hole, with a mass of 3 million suns. The beams from the Death Stars would just get sucked in and added to the mass/energy of the singularity at the center. Your plan fails, drastically.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Kane Starkiller wrote:You said that Orange Star superlaser can create planets and suns. Can it also create other Death Stars? Imagine how cool it would be if the Borg sends their entire fleet to destroy the Orange Star when all of a sudden...poof...a completely new Death Star appears.
The Orange Star could travel around Star Trek galaxy and create thousands of Death Stars all over it and then all of those Death Star could fire simultaneously into the center of the galaxy and blow it up completely.
Oh come now. The Orange Star cannot create Death Stars. However, it can destroy Borg cubes, spheres, and unicomplexes as well. Also, the Borg cannot adapt to Orange Star technology. The Orange Star's superlaser can destroy Borg cubes and spheres, unicomplexes, capital ships, and other spacecrafts. It can also destroy and create moons, planets, and suns. The Orange Star has a thermal exhaust port, similar to the one of the Death Star. However, it is heavily shielded, so proton torpedoes, photon torpedoes, quantum torpedoes, laser cannons, radiation, asteroids and other objects, or any other object cannot penetrate it. It also has hundreds of fast, powerful guns, and is only two meters long. It also has security locks and emergency sealing systems.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Khas wrote:
Kane Starkiller wrote: The Orange Star could travel around Star Trek galaxy and create thousands of Death Stars all over it and then all of those Death Star could fire simultaneously into the center of the galaxy and blow it up completely.
Aaand that redefines "pointless endeavor". The center of the galaxy is a fuckin' black hole, with a mass of 3 million suns. The beams from the Death Stars would just get sucked in and added to the mass/energy of the singularity at the center. Your plan fails, drastically.
You fail. The beams trigger a chain reaction which blows up the supermassive black hole. And more. The entire galaxy is destroyed, the Orange Stars and Death Stars as well.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

orange star can be destroyed

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:47 pm

I was banned from StarDestroyer.net forums, for "trolling". The people over there deserved a ban too, but they banned ME. Well, Starfleet Jedi is my new home, and I might return at StarDestroyer in a different account. Also, the Death Star and the Orange Star are not powerful enough to destroy a black hole of any size. They could get sucked in, just like everything else, unless going into hyperspace. Also the Orange Star is currently not in the Star Trek galaxy. It is in Star Wars oribiting Alderaan!

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:52 pm

Well, the fact that you posted limits on what it can and can't do makes you a better writer than the guys who write for Doctor Who. ;)

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Khas wrote:Well, the fact that you posted limits on what it can and can't do makes you a better writer than the guys who write for Doctor Who. ;)
Thank you for the support. Anyways, will somebody give me a long drawn out review of my story?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Don't forget to try ASVS!

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:43 pm

First off, it's not a story, I dunno what call it but it's more like an info dump.

Secondly, it doesn't fit whatsoever in the SW or ST universes. In fact it's so overpowered that it's not even interesting.

Third, it's boring. If I want to read a collection of facts and figures I'll go dig out one of my old army manuals.