The Orange Star: A More Powerful Version of The Death Star I

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
The Dude
Jedi Knight

Re: The Orange Star: A More Powerful Version of The Death Star I

Post by The Dude » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:40 pm

Youngla0450 wrote:Can anybody answer the question I posted before The Dude's irelevant comment?
You know what? Fuck you. You ignore every piece of advice given to you, I see no reason why helping you with this new project won't result in yet more complete crap.

Kane Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Kane Starkiller » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:42 pm

I'd say that this will definitely lead to a bragging thread at trollkingdom but too much effort went into the Orange Star infodump so who the hell knows.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:43 pm

The Dude wrote:
Youngla0450 wrote:Can anybody answer the question I posted before The Dude's irelevant comment?
You know what? Fuck you. You ignore every piece of advice given to you, I see no reason why helping you with this new project won't result in yet more complete crap.
There is no meaning for language, my good man. You do know that curse language is not allowed on Starfleet Jedi. This is not StarDestroyer.net forums. Anyways, will somebody please answer my comment!

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:43 pm

If Youngrandomnumbers really wants to create this universe and not have it suck ass, answer this:

What do you want it to look like?

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:47 pm

If you mean my galaxy it will have three hundred billion stars, two hundred billion of which would be mapped and their planets settled. Each star would have four habitable planets oribiting, and a government named the "Calathrinan Empire" would rule over 95% of this galaxy, with a total population of:

*500 million member and conquered worlds

*1.5 billion colonies

*30 million protectorates (would include the Duman State)

*10 million puppet states (of would be the Women's Consortium, the M'Raul State, the Chanese Ascendancy)

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

The Empire's layout

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:57 pm

The Calathrinan Empire would be semi-democratic, with the Emperor ruling with absolute power, yet certain rights guranteed to the people. The Empire's military would be powerful, and it would truely be galaxy-spanning.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:57 pm

See that doesn't tell us anything.

How do they get around?
What are the cultures like?
What do folks do for fun?
Etc

This is like describing Earth by saying how many countries it has.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:01 am

Hell, what are the SPECIES like in appearance and biology? We need to know these things!

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:04 am

Aye. Along with things like government policy (which shapes the military and it's capabilities).

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

More Description

Post by Youngla0450 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:05 am

The Dude wrote:See that doesn't tell us anything.

How do they get around?
What are the cultures like?
What do folks do for fun?
Etc

This is like describing Earth by saying how many countries it has.
1. How do they get around-The population have their own vessels of course, unlike the Federation. Transportation is basically the same as Star Wars.

2.What are their cultures-The main culture is the Calathrinan race. They rule the Empire. They look just like Humans, but are five times stronger and two times smarter. Other cultures include cultures based on the Vulcans, Romulans, Cardassians, etc. They also have cultures in which women rule, cultures in which men rule only, etc.

3.What do folks do for fun-They have entertainment similar to Star Wars and Star Trek, including holodeck entertainment, holographic movies, regular real-world like movies, art, radio, television, etc.

Stuff on government policy will come soon.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:13 am

Oh god, this is based on those crystal using morons, isn't it?

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:18 am

The Dude wrote:Oh god, this is based on those crystal using morons, isn't it?
No. The Calathrinans are a different species from the "Calathonians", the name of those "moron" people who could not even save their planet. They are also quite intelligent, with two times the intelligence of the average human.

The Empire has five diffrent classes of planets: member worlds, conquered worlds, colonies, protectorates, and puppet states. Here are descriptions:

Member Worlds-These are worlds who are part of the Empire in their own free will. The most powerful of these worlds have repersentation in the Imperial Senate, a legislative council. Member worlds have their own local governments, but are subortinate to the Imperial government. They have the full rights of membership.

Conquered Worlds-These worlds were conquered or annexed by the Empire. None of these worlds have repersentation in the Imperial Senate. None have their own governments, instead being controlled by military governors appointed by the Emperor or his repersenatives. They usually have troops stationed in them.

Colonies-Colonies are worlds, asteroids, or moons settled or colonized by the Empire. The largest and most prestigious colonies have limited, non-voting repersentation in the Senate, repersented by Junior Congressmen. Colonies have governments appointed by the Empire, but can make their own local laws, in compliance with Imperial law of course.

Protectorates-Protectorates are worlds or group of worlds who do not have repersentation in the Imperial Senate, and are not directly ruled by the Empire. Protectorates are semi-autonomous states, with their own militaries and governments. However, the Empire provides them economic and military aid, and defends them against external threats. In exchange, protectorates provide the Empire with certain raw materials.

Puppet States-Puppet states are worlds or group of worlds that are not repersented in the Senate, and are not directly or offically ruled by the Calathrinan Empire. However, like protectorates, they are given military and finanical protection. A major difference however, is that their leaders are appointed or dismissed by the Emperor.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:41 am

Youngla0450 wrote:Chanese Ascendancy)
4chan? Why do I picture holosatellites casting large holopictures all over the planets?...

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:58 am

I wonder. Will people give me advice on how I could work this Empire?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:58 am

1. It's your fan fiction, it has no place here. Eventually there's an "art" subforum down there, try it.
2. It's so damn vague there's nothing which can be said. And if it weren't vague then it would mean you would have already fleshed out a lot of it, and therefore you'd have proved to be able to create the backbone of your universe on your own.
3. Where's the relation between SW, ST and your fan fiction?
4. If you're not a troll, you don't seem to learn anything fast enough.