Alien v Predator 2 trailer -- kick ass!

For the linking to, discussion, and/or display of graphic art, video, music, galleries, comic strips, and other creative works.
GStone
Starship Captain

Alien v Predator 2 trailer -- kick ass!

Post by GStone » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqpMqpX3z0A

This looks so much better than the first one.

Cpl Kendall
Jedi Knight

Post by Cpl Kendall » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:01 pm

Looks like their trying to cram too much in.

Who is like God arbour
Starship Captain

Post by Who is like God arbour » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:18 pm

It's difficult to say that about the movie.

But it is definitively correct to say that about the trailer.

Was there a plot hinted or is it only about action and graphical violence?

I hope that the movie has more to offer than the trailer is showing.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:00 pm

Based on the trailer, the plot seems to be going to go something like this.

The Predators have returned to earth for another test of the skills of young predators. This is why the ship has crashed, as well as there being holding tanks with face huggers. Now, because in the last one, the test was done at a temple in one of the polar regions (I forget which one), they have gone to another area on the planet that's got similar temples. This one, I'm guessing, is the one in South America, judging by what was shown in the last movie, as well as where the ship crashes. The intention is to use the native population for the creation of more aliens, but there is some traveling expedition. Vacationers or something. This SA country the ship crashes in is an ally of the US government and they call them for assistance. The US sends in ground troops at first to try to contain the situation, while the Predators have returned and are currently hunting the aliens. Having 2 enemies to fight would show who amongst the predators has even greater skill than just hunting the aliens, especially since they have now 3 examples of some decent hardware being used by the humans (the last 3 Predator-involved movies). Humans start attacking the predators, either out of fear from not knowing what's going on or as part of the ground troops trying to contain the situation. It could even be humans of the SA country, too. Eventually, the US government sees this isn't working as well as they hoped, so they send in air support to blow the crap out of the area. The civilians that are the first in the area to see the initial ship crash think they will send in bombs and are trying to save themselves while fighting off aliens.

If this is true, it's much better than the first one, as far as general ideas. The finished product is another story. If the movie is pretty much wall-to-wall action, the movie should kick the ass out of the trailer.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:24 pm

I'm going to love it...

Action is like sugar, there can never be too much... :)

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:54 pm

If the summary is correct, it's a small step back in the direction they should have gone in the first place; namely use the story from the original Dark Horse Comics' AVP miniseries that started it all 18 years ago with colonists on recently settled planet Ryushi wind up being caught up in the epic struggle between the two groups. However it'd be damned hard to find a female lead who could effective play the main character of Machiko Noguchi, the Chigusa Corporation's administrator of the colony who leads the fight on behalf of the humans, and eventually sides with and befriends the Predator elder Broken Tusk.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:23 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:If the summary is correct, it's a small step back in the direction they should have gone in the first place; namely use the story from the original Dark Horse Comics' AVP miniseries that started it all 18 years ago with colonists on recently settled planet Ryushi wind up being caught up in the epic struggle between the two groups. However it'd be damned hard to find a female lead who could effective play the main character of Machiko Noguchi, the Chigusa Corporation's administrator of the colony who leads the fight on behalf of the humans, and eventually sides with and befriends the Predator elder Broken Tusk.
-Mike
If I'm not wrong, they also use the sewer idea from the old and unused AVP script I read a while ago.

I'm just going to post post what I already wrote in the other forum:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:Has anyone seen the International trailer?

It has plenty of gore. Be warned. This film finally got an R rating.

Simply put, the first one was utter crap. I'm already very cold towards the idea of taking canonically anything like a film pitting Preds against Aliens, but at least, that one is right.

It has all the good from the first Predator as far as I can see (the loud machine guns, the thick forest, the pred physique, the suit/helmt design, the IR view and HUD, even the glowing eyes), it has the good from the second one (the space ship), without the horrible cheese, and it's full of very good deaths apparently, good gore and even kids got facehugged.

So at least, we may finally got a right versus on screen.
Truthfully, I'm going frame by frame through that trailer to spot the juicy details.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:49 pm

The original attempt at AVP was supposed to be a direct adaptation of the original Dark Horse mini-series comic. I don't remember the specifics, nor do I feel like digging through boxes to find the Starlog interview with the writer to look up the dispute between DH and 20th Century Fox that killed the project.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:17 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Has anyone seen the International trailer?

It has plenty of gore. Be warned. This film finally got an R rating.

Simply put, the first one was utter crap. I'm already very cold towards the idea of taking canonically anything like a film pitting Preds against Aliens, but at least, that one is right.

It has all the good from the first Predator as far as I can see (the loud machine guns, the thick forest, the pred physique, the suit/helmt design, the IR view and HUD, even the glowing eyes), it has the good from the second one (the space ship), without the horrible cheese, and it's full of very good deaths apparently, good gore and even kids got facehugged.

So at least, we may finally got a right versus on screen.
Truthfully, I'm going frame by frame through that trailer to spot the juicy details.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:59 pm

In Pred 2, does anyone know what the different imaging screens were he switched through when he was in the meat warehouse, as the agents were chasing him? One looked like thermal, but I'm not sure about the others.

Cpl Kendall
Jedi Knight

Post by Cpl Kendall » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:38 pm

I believe the "blue" is commonly considered to be ultraviolet.

Kahless
Padawan

Post by Kahless » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:27 am

Hey! I just saw this today and I have to say it was pretty realistic (not many shows have the new army camoflauge!) for this kind of movie. I felt sorry for them sending in only a small group of troops initially though, they clearly stood no chance against what they were up against. :(

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:36 pm

Saw it last friday. To me it was a enjoyable action flick, but if someone dislikes it, I can quite easily understand why. Bad pacing, bad acting and paper-thin plot.

For a geek like me though, seeing Aliens and Predators on the screen alone makes up for that. The dandy action was just a bonus.