Wrath of the Mandalorian-- Interesting

For the linking to, discussion, and/or display of graphic art, video, music, galleries, comic strips, and other creative works.
GStone
Starship Captain

Wrath of the Mandalorian-- Interesting

Post by GStone » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:38 pm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0027&hl=en

There were a few things that I felt were problems.

1. The Jedi gave up too quickly, in my opinion. This may have extended the film, specially with the importance Jedi place on their precognition and emotion sensing and Force disturbances, but it would have made a better film.
2. There might have been a good reson for it, but I don't see why so many Jedi would collect themselves together one one place. Even so, they should have staid near their ships, if this was just a brief meeting.
3. The 2 Jedi watching as Boba takes his time to put the rifle to the head of that one Jedi he shot would have been ample time to have force pushed or thrown their lightsabres at Boba, even if that Jedi wasn't gonna live with that wound.
4. Vader's heavy breathing doesn't happen, while he speaks.
5. In the final shot after fighting with Darth Vader, 2 stormtroopers and 2 red guard should be visible when we see Slave 1 take off, but they aren't.

Outside of these things, it is actually one of the better fan films I've seen.

AnonymousRedShirtEnsign
Jedi Knight

Post by AnonymousRedShirtEnsign » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:42 pm

This had the best production quality of pretty much any fanfilm I've seen. It actually has a decent plot and tries to tie into the films, and the acting wasn't crap (it wasn't professional either).

I think all of GStone's observed problems are valid except the last one. The reason the corpses aren't there is because Vader is standing further from the wall, and closer to the hanger entrance then they are, so they are out of the frame (below it actually). I especially agree that the Jedi seemed very weak, which was a major detriment to this film. As for them all being on the same planet, I personally would have gone for a showing the first and last battles in some detail, but the middle three just show him arrive at the planet and then his coup de grace.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:02 pm

I just rewatched and even if it may be possible that they are simply out of frame, I'm still not sure.

However...there is one technical goof that I missed the first time around that is very glaring when you notice it.

Okay, Boba's fighting Vader. His back is to the hangar door ships use. Vader throws his lightsabre away and Boba jumps over him, wrapping a garrot wire around Vader's neck. Here, both Boba and Vader's backs are to the inner hangar door used by people and droids and they are both facing the one that leads to the outside that's used by the ships.

Vader chokes Boba off and Boba drops to his knees. Vader straightens up and turns around to his left, but when the camera switches to the shot of behind Boba, as Vader turns, the inner hangar door used by people and droids in once again behind Vader and in front of Boba, when the opening into the hangar ships use should by people and droids now is be behind Vader...not in front of him where it should be. It wasn't even a goof caused by a cut because Vader just stands in one spot and turns around. He hadn't moved around Boba before facing the camera again and Boba stands up from where he is and turns around, walking away, as if the hangar opening was still behind him when it's to be in front of him.

There are many other things, but this is in the spirit of Star Wars, so there are gonna be some inconsistencies.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:57 am

Cool, thanks for the link. That was pretty good.

Kazeite
Bridge Officer

Post by Kazeite » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:09 pm

Ugh... too many Wilhelm screams :)