Goblins

For the linking to, discussion, and/or display of graphic art, video, music, galleries, comic strips, and other creative works.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Goblins

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat May 07, 2011 6:21 am

Another great role playing game-based webcomic that looks at the game from the monsters' point of view, in this case the goblin characters of the title. Click here to read.

Also be sure to read the spin-off webcomic by the same author/artist called "Tempts Fate".
-Mike

Trinoya
Security Officer

Re: Goblins

Post by Trinoya » Thu May 12, 2011 12:54 am

I've been a dedicated goblins reader for a few years now, I must say it's truly fantastic and people would be missing out if they didn't give it a chance. I like the art-evolution in the series, the colored stuff is fantastic.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu May 12, 2011 1:16 am

Thunt's artwork has really come along way since those first black and white comic pages years and years ago. In fact, looking at the comparison of the artwork from then and now he's got on his page, you'd almost think a different artist was drawing it.

What I also like about Goblins is, unlike a number of RPG-based webcomics, is that it never forgets that it is just that, an in-universe look at a game. Unlike Order of the Stick, it even remembers that there are players and a DM running things, which is a refreshing change of pace, making it a nice in-between the extremes of OOTS and Darths & Droids as far as that sort of thing goes.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu May 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Yup, I love Goblins, and thanks for the other link, i didn't know it existed...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri May 13, 2011 4:36 am

Read Tempt's Fate Number 8, where he battles the poorly made characters.... The Mighty Pirateninja among them! :-)
-Mike

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Fri May 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Indeed, I have to reference that for my own D&D players once in awhile just to remind them of what NOT to do when making a character.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri May 13, 2011 9:18 pm

I'll bet you wish you also had an NPC that could reach out of universe and throttle them for that as well, too. ;-)
-Mike

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Knowing my players it wouldn't do any good. I've had such a mismatch over the years of player types that lessons have been hard to drill into them.

I'm pretty sure my game has the record for shortest lived character at 3 seconds in game time. That is, of course, DM fu not withstanding (basically saying "your character dies on jump.").

By far though, the best thing that sums up my players was a quote that one of them made...

"Even the villains can't count on us..."