USS Enterprise F design contest

For the linking to, discussion, and/or display of graphic art, video, music, galleries, comic strips, and other creative works.
Trinoya
Security Officer

USS Enterprise F design contest

Post by Trinoya » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:26 am

Hey folks. My fleet in STO designed a contender for the Star Trek Online Design the Next Enterprise Contest.

It can be found here, if you like it, please vote. ^_^

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterpris ... 20Reynolds

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Re: USS Enterprise F design contest

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:29 am

Trinoya wrote:Hey folks. My fleet in STO designed a contender for the Star Trek Online Design the Next Enterprise Contest.

It can be found here, if you like it, please vote. ^_^

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterpris ... 20Reynolds
Voted.

How is STO now btw?, i played it during and after beta.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:04 pm

It has continued to grow steadily.

They have released 'episodes' which included a series of Breen Missions, and a series of missions dealing with the Devidians. Numerous new starships have been released.

NX class: Includes grapplers
Excelsior Class: Can transwarp to numerous locations
Nebula Class: Can create a field to detect cloaked ships
Defiant Class Refit: Can Cloak
Glaxy Refit: Can separate
Intrepid Refit: Deployable Armor

Numerous costume options, new missions, new research and craftable items, the Gensisis mission creator is almost ready for launch on the main server (and is active on the test server, allowing for player created missions). Three seasons have completely retrofitted the look and the feel of the game. There are diplomacy missions (and rewards).

All in all, I think it has a lot more to offer, and I couldn't be happier with it.

I would say this: If you're expecting WoW level content? Go play WoW. It has many more years. But STO is doing well and it even won a few MMO awards for 2010 (including surprise hit).

Oh: Season 4 is around the corner and they've fixed a vast majority of the major bugs in the game.

Anwyway: Thanks for the vote! ^_^ We appreciate it and you can vote once every day. ^_^

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:51 am

Heh, don't take this the wrong way, but that design looks a bit like the love child of a Galaxy and a Sovereign. ;-)
-Mike

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 pm

I think you're on to us.
<_<
>_>

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:40 am

It was a lot better than some of the submissions, though I'm sad to say I see others that are very similar to it.

But then there are some that are just awful smothered in suck. Dear heavens, some of those were almost offensive.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:15 pm

My main problem with that is the further we go into the future of Star Trek, the more streamlined, flatter and bulky the ships get. The worst of this syndrome probably being the N-X... like you wonder how they went from the N-X to the Connie and back to the likes of Voyager, Defiant and Prometheus.

I'd really like to see something that seems to be about someone picking a design from the hard SF, and clamp warp nacelles and a saucer to that in some way. Something a bit more like the Olympic or Daedalus.

Everybody seems to want to put the widest gap possible between the Connie, quite absurd but fact, and their own sweet cool models that are all about as original as a bunch of noodles stretched thin and sticking out a plate.
Those ships have more to do with the Love Boat than an UFP ship.

Hypersleek is the rule.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Where did you design it is there a tool in sto or summat?.