Surely, you've seen this one before...

For the linking to, discussion, and/or display of graphic art, video, music, galleries, comic strips, and other creative works.
Khas
Starship Captain

Surely, you've seen this one before...

Post by Khas » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:33 am

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Surely, you've seen this one before...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:28 am

Yeah it was posted here a while back. It was one of the first of a new generation of Versus videos that used clever editing of film and TV footage to tell the story. I was amazed myself that the Rabid Warsies didn't swarm and go all tailfan all over the guys who made it, or at least make a big stink about it on SDN. But as I recall, one of the the two guys who made it is a PhD in astrophysics, so that might have been a contributing factor (not like it's stopped them from attacking people with credentials before) in them saying anything too derogatory about the video.

But that being said, this is one of the more "balanced" portrayals of such a crossover, with the E-D just somewhat more powerful that an ISD, and no match at all for a Death Star.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Surely, you've seen this one before...

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote: But as I recall, one of the the two guys who made it is a PhD in astrophysics, so that might have been a contributing factor (not like it's stopped them from attacking people with credentials before) in them saying anything too derogatory about the video.
-Mike
Well, unless I'm mistaken, Custis Saxton, also holding a PhD in Astrophysics, was severely criticized for his conclusions on his ICS by members of this board.
This, to me, shows that you can have the degree, it doesn't mean your analyses are flawless, or that one cannot be biased...

If his conlcusions had been really, really bad, they could have attacked the video easily...