New Trek/Wars video on YouTube

For the linking to, discussion, and/or display of graphic art, video, music, galleries, comic strips, and other creative works.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

New Trek/Wars video on YouTube

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:49 pm

And by "new" I mean about a month old, but I hadn't seen it before.

Someone posted the link to it on the ST-v-SW.net blog. You can watch it here.

Quick review is that it's a pretty good one. Subtitled badly, but most of the subtitles are actual lines from the films.

I particularly like how they blended the dialogue about the destruction of Praxis seemlessly into dialogue about the destruction of the Death Star - it'd be even more impressive if they actually had audio of at least the unaltered dialogue instead of just a music track, but hey, we can't be too picky.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:15 pm

Somehow the Vultan's theme music track from the 1980 Flash Gordon movie was very appropriate for all of this...
-Mike

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:05 pm

That was pretty good, thanks for the link.

Also did you see the one with Kirk coming to save picard from an attacking ISD?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:17 pm

Nope. You might want to post a link here.
-Mike

Cock_Knocker
Bridge Officer

Post by Cock_Knocker » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:16 am

I like the constant use of "AAAGGGHH!" every time someone was blown up! :D

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:05 am

There's this one with Kirk saving Picard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtOgQFSDVOg&NR

Cock_Knocker
Bridge Officer

Post by Cock_Knocker » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:31 am

GStone wrote:There's this one with Kirk saving Picard.

Nice effort, but: NITPICK TIME!

Where did the E-E get the torpedoes at the end, when Data said earlier that they exhausted their supply?

How did Picard communicate with Kirk at the end when the main viewscreen was gone?

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:51 am

They were in the process of replicating more, while Data was saying that and they broke out the holographic viewscreen we saw in DS9, so the captains could talk.

Cock_Knocker
Bridge Officer

Post by Cock_Knocker » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:28 am

GStone wrote:They were in the process of replicating more, while Data was saying that and they broke out the holographic viewscreen we saw in DS9, so the captains could talk.
Ah. I knew there must have been a plausible explanation.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:10 am

I swear, when the 7:04 one featuring the Enterprise facing off a Death Star promo'd this summer, there weren't other good Trek/Wars films on Youtube.

More just keep popping up now. Here's another.

Socar
Bridge Officer

Post by Socar » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:51 am

"This guy's an idiot."

That cracked me up.

Jedi Master Spock wrote:I swear, when the 7:04 one featuring the Enterprise facing off a Death Star promo'd this summer, there weren't other good Trek/Wars films on Youtube.
It's not just you. It says this video added Septermber 25. Not sure about the others though.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:07 pm

Cock_Knocker wrote:
GStone wrote:There's this one with Kirk saving Picard.

Nice effort, but: NITPICK TIME!

Where did the E-E get the torpedoes at the end, when Data said earlier that they exhausted their supply?

How did Picard communicate with Kirk at the end when the main viewscreen was gone?

You forgot a few things:

1.) The ISD first fires on the E-D, someone is shooting back at it with red TLs (this happens each and every time the ISD is shown firing).

2.) When the ISD fires on the E-A, it's green TL bolts turn into a single red photon torpedo.

3.) The scenes of the damage to the ISD, are in fact, scenes from ANH showing damage to the Death Star surface.

4.) The E-D's scan graphics of the ISD for some strange reason displaying the Reman warbird Scimitar instead.

5.) The ISD can't seem to make up it's mind whether or not it's a Type-I or Type-II.

6.) The ISD seems to be in orbit around Tatooine while the E-E is hanging out in the Bassen Rift. One might think the weapons range for both ships is a little over-exaggerated here. ;-)

-Mike

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:02 am

Cock_Knocker wrote:
GStone wrote:They were in the process of replicating more, while Data was saying that and they broke out the holographic viewscreen we saw in DS9, so the captains could talk.
Ah. I knew there must have been a plausible explanation.
You really need to let your inner trekker out more.
Jedi Master Spock wrote:I swear, when the 7:04 one featuring the Enterprise facing off a Death Star promo'd this summer, there weren't other good Trek/Wars films on Youtube.

More just keep popping up now. Here's another.
Oh, god. As soon as I saw Riker and Worf, I had to stop watching it. If you're gonna put face paint on for Worf, put it on the guy's hand, so it doesn't show he's white.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:15 pm

As soon as I saw Riker and Worf, I had to stop watching it. If you're gonna put face paint on for Worf, put it on the guy's hand, so it doesn't show he's white.
I imagine then that they were not the real actors then, because Michael Dorn, the actor playing Worf, is black (though not dark) in real life.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:35 pm

You know how Riker has been played up to be kinda doughy in the later years? The one they got for him really plays it up.